shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you wearing today?! Show me your CS!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beeeyouteeful! Where did you find such an incredible necklace?

Your necklace is so pretty! It looks really good on you!

It looks gorgeous and suits your complextion perfectly. :kiss2:

@missy - That ruby necklace is crazy beautiful.

Thank you LisaRN, Cockatiel, MrsKMB and chatoyancy for the ruby necklace love!

MrsKMB I got this a few years ago from an eBay seller and I cannot remember her name. I will do a search and see if I can find the info for you if you are interested. She is very talented and she is also handicapped and I really loved her pieces. This was not yet made and I got to choose from her parcel and I also remember I got help from a well versed Pricescoper as I did not know much about rubies at the time. Still don't compared to you lovely ladies. I am still a colored gem newbie for sure but I love learning and hanging out here with you and hope y'all don't mind! Gosh was it @minousbijoux who helped me all those years ago? Darn my poor memory grrrr.

Anyway as a gift and total surprise the artist sent me this pair of earrings with the necklace. Wasn't that lovely of her?
I think I shared the earrings in my earring thread for sure. But here they are again. Necklace and earrings in white gold.

rubylongdangles.jpg

Ugh my ears do not look pretty close up but at this stage nothing does so I better just get used to it.:(2
Desensitizing myself by repeated exposure haha.:lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is truly gorgeous and packs a punch even with its small size. Proof that colour is everything!

Thank you Burmesedaze! I did a search and the seller is no longer on eBay but found her website. Her name is Karen Wickman and she was a dream to do business when I had this necklace custom in 2013. As I wrote I got to pick the gem grade rubies I wanted in the necklace. And I found the emails...@enerchi and @minousbijoux helped me choose! Thank you ladies!

http://www.karenwickmanjewelry.com

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Nope another one! I have looooots of dresses that go with this! hehe here is another! I shortened it temporarily to go with this dress with the higher neckline!!!!!
Screenshot_20180407-230703.jpg

Love the colours on the dress! A ruby necklace would go very well with it (hint to pink bandit ;))

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE your dress @mellowyellowgirl! It's a perfect gem (of a ) dress.:kiss2:

Aww thank you! I discovered green and pink go fairly well together so the pink bandit and I are happy campers! Haha your ruby earrings would have completed my outfit :mrgreen:

@Burmesedaze don't put the idea of ruby beads out there you naughty person!!!!!! Although I was rummaging around my rings and thinking "Hmm I need a hot pink stone to match these flowers on this dress."

Then I quickly shot down the idea knowing very well that one of my green stones will do just fine!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Well you could have 1 hot pink stone ring on the left hand and 1 green stone ring on the right.

It's about equilibrium! ;-)

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well you could have 1 hot pink stone ring on the left hand and 1 green stone ring on the right.

It's about equilibrium! ;-)

I was actually thinking a garnet??? Need the cheapest hot pink I can find....

Actually a vendor in Sydney has a fabulous hot pink toumaline......

NOOOOOOO go away!!!!!!!!! *sprinkles diamond melee to ward you off* *like vampires and garlic* *but diamond melee instead cuz you are the bad enabling gem fairy*

Lol hope I didn't offend you, it's late and I've been on twitter for too long!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
If you have to have just 1 pink. Pink sapphire, by all means!

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you Burmesedaze! I did a search and the seller is no longer on eBay but found her website. Her name is Karen Wickman and she was a dream to do business when I had this necklace custom in 2013. As I wrote I got to pick the gem grade rubies I wanted in the necklace. And I found the emails...@enerchi and @minousbijoux helped me choose! Thank you ladies!

http://www.karenwickmanjewelry.com
Thank you for the info! I'm very impressed you found it!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A519321B-5C8C-43B8-8DF4-576D8B413E86.jpeg C42C76FA-1E2E-4A9F-AE28-61926CBC8ECB.jpeg Happy Saturday! I’m wearing my spessartite and spinel, 18k bracelet with a yellow and white diamond ring. Feeling the colors of spring season!

Stunning spring colors. You have such an amazbling collection. Colorlicious. :love:

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It's the weekend! I had on my new jadeite bead necklace paired with jadeite earrings, jadeite ring and a spinel ring. They all go pretty well with the rich colours on my blouse, I thought. Even though they aren't matchy matchy with each other.

20180408_133519-1.jpg 20180408_231303-1.jpg 20180408_231310-1.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's the weekend! I had on my new jadeite bead necklace paired with jadeite earrings, jadeite ring and a spinel ring. They all go pretty well with the rich colours on my blouse, I thought. Even though they aren't matchy matchy with each other.

20180408_133519-1.jpg 20180408_231303-1.jpg 20180408_231310-1.jpg

Such a gorgeous collection!:kiss2:

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning spring colors. You have such an amazbling collection. Colorlicious. :love:
Awe, thank you Missy! I’m trying to get myself to switch out my Fall/Winter clothes for Spring/Summer . What an ordeal.,..but the colors are inspiring me to trudge through it.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A519321B-5C8C-43B8-8DF4-576D8B413E86.jpeg C42C76FA-1E2E-4A9F-AE28-61926CBC8ECB.jpeg Happy Saturday! I’m wearing my spessartite and spinel, 18k bracelet with a yellow and white diamond ring. Feeling the colors of spring season!

I had to double check that it was really you, as you are typically so much more colorful! :mrgreen2: Of course they are beautiful, just unexpected.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had to double check that it was really you, as you are typically so much more colorful! :mrgreen2: Of course they are beautiful, just unexpected.
I think you’re right! these aresimply different colors for me, (which is why they feel colorful ) since I’m usually in the blue/lavender side of color! Thank you, Minous!

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
:love: I've long admired this ring on Julia's site. I hope you post more pictures!
My fingers are so swollen lately! I will post more when they decide to behave and not look like man hands.

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
7063630E-A867-4004-BD17-67CF07E066B7.jpeg Wearing a watery blue green jadeite bangle with a vonsens blue nephrite jade and yellow diamond snake ring today.

I love both the bangle and the ring very much. The gentle pastel shade looks so good on you!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love both the bangle and the ring very much. The gentle pastel shade looks so good on you!
Thank you, Cockatiel! The blue range of color, including lavender blue and green blue, are my favorite colors. I’m trying to get myself to wear things which I’ve neglected to for a while.

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you, Cockatiel! The blue range of color, including lavender blue and green blue, are my favorite colors. I’m trying to get myself to wear things which I’ve neglected to for a while.

I love pastel shades in jewelry. Especially green, blue, and LAVENDER!!! I have an obsession with the periwinkle-lavender-lilac color range. I feel like that color range is so hard to achieve in gems, especially faceted ones. There is such a narrow range of saturation, and tone, which in combination result in the overall "pastelness". The gems I like which come in that hue, sapphires and spinels, are prone to that gray cast as well, which pushes them towards "steely" and not pastel at all. Jade seems to do the pastels very well, but I don't see me buying jade for myself because they are totally different from faceted gems and I'm too clueless. :lol:

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love pastel shades in jewelry. Especially green, blue, and LAVENDER!!! I have an obsession with the periwinkle-lavender-lilac color range. I feel like that color range is so hard to achieve in gems, especially faceted ones. There is such a narrow range of saturation, and tone, which in combination result in the overall "pastelness". The gems I like which come in that hue, sapphires and spinels, are prone to that gray cast as well, which pushes them towards "steely" and not pastel at all. Jade seems to do the pastels very well, but I don't see me buying jade for myself because they are totally different from faceted gems and I'm too clueless. :lol:
That’s a really good point about pastel faceted stones tending towards a steely look. I imagine sleepy stones are less so, and certainly cabochons do a lot to preserve a soft color glow in stones. Jade can be great for the pastel look, but there is certainly a lot to learn. However, the journey can be fun and challenging in an exciting way.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
7063630E-A867-4004-BD17-67CF07E066B7.jpeg Wearing a watery blue green jadeite bangle with a vonsens blue nephrite jade and yellow diamond snake ring today.

These are my favorite colors in the world.:love: And it looks beautiful against your skin. L:kiss2:vely.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results