shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you wearing today?! Show me your CS!

Crimson

Brilliant_Rock
School holidays so I braved it and wore these two rings out with the 10yo. There was so much reaching in and out of bags, past zippers for water, snacks, book etc I was worried for the stones. Fortunately they excaped unscathed. Next time I'll stick to sapphires and diamonds for less stress!!!

PXL_20230703_041739236.jpg PXL_20230703_013453687.jpg

Glamorous Mom, @mellowyellowgirl.I can relate to the hazards of hands going in and out of the bag. Recently, I realised halfway when speaking at a seminar that my ring was missing - and had to calmly continue…later, I found it in my bag. My sister had a similar experience with her bracelet bracelet. She was at a formal business dinner and after she realised it was gone, the waiters combed the restaurant. The bracelet had actually fallen into her bag. All these scrapes. I will be wearing very little jewellery for the next five weeks cos I am going on holiday!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arrrgghh this ring offends me. Debating whether I should donate it to little sis to use as a work ring. But I like the style. The color offends me so much though. I bought this before I was more familiar with gems so thought pink zircon was going to actually be pink. They should universally call it pinkish brown zircon!!!!!

Not pink

PXL_20230706_025111617.jpg

Pink

PXL_20230706_025559678.jpg

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
Arrrgghh this ring offends me. Debating whether I should donate it to little sis to use as a work ring. But I like the style. The color offends me so much though. I bought this before I was more familiar with gems so thought pink zircon was going to actually be pink. They should universally call it pinkish brown zircon!!!!!

Not pink

Pink

I understand that you may be disappointed that the zircon is not as bubblegum pink as you were anticipating, but my goodness, that ring and stone is gorgeous!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Not pink

Pink

For a pink zircon, that’s a great one. Yes, they’re brownish, but what they lack in color, they make up for in their sparkle. Yours is precision cut too!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @T L and @RMOO

Haha I felt kinder about it when I first got it and didn't have any pinks. Then over the years it was like "You are a lying liar of a stone, you are not pink"

Oddly enough I do wear it as there are certain outfits that it compliments well.

I probably keep complaining so that anyone new who starts out knows that to expect with a "pink" zircon!

Star gazer

Brilliant_Rock
Can I please get advice? Because I am still in the window to get a refund. Do I send this emerald back? This is what it looks like in the sunshine. But it is in no way, transparent. I am learning in this forum, it should be :( 20230707_094402.jpg

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you like it? If you don't like it return it. The fact that you're asking makes me think that you're feeling uneasy about it.

It doesn't matter what we think, but at the very least you should be thrilled with it everytime you look at it.

Star gazer

Brilliant_Rock
Do you like it? If you don't like it return it. The fact that you're asking makes me think that you're feeling uneasy about it.

It doesn't matter what we think, but at the very least you should be thrilled with it everytime you look at it.

Thank you! I do, but I don't think I love it.. I'm not thrilled with it in most lighting. I love the ballerima setting, I've always wanted a ballerina ring. But the center stone doesn't make me excited

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! I do, but I don't think I love it.. I'm not thrilled with it in most lighting. I love the ballerima setting, I've always wanted a ballerina ring. But the center stone doesn't make me excited

Return it. The centre stone obviously bothers you. You can get that setting made with just about anything you like.

YC

Brilliant_Rock
@Star gazer , I concur with @mellowyellowgirl. There is no right or wrong thing to do in such a situation. It comes down to personal preference ( inclusions/ degree of oiling vs size vs price vs colour etc). However, if the inclusions bothers you enough or if you do not like the ring, return it and look for another ring which will make you happy.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@YC @mellowyellowgirl Thank you, you're right.. it's going back! I should feel excited when I look at it. Not holding it in different lighting, trying to convince myself. It should make me thrilled, in all settings. So true abiut the setting, @mellowyellowgirl <3

You can and will get things that you love. Just keep in mind all the qualities that YOU want in a piece of jewellery.

That said I have done my fair share of weird sh$t when it comes to jewellery. I’d say you are doing very well to have the self awareness to ponder your feelings for it.

Star gazer

Brilliant_Rock
You can and will get things that you love. Just keep in mind all the qualities that YOU want in a piece of jewellery.

That said I have done my fair share of weird sh$t when it comes to jewellery. I’d say you are doing very well to have the self awareness to ponder your feelings for it.

Thank you so much!!! I really really appreciate it. It can be so tricky.. From getting something in the mail, opening it up and seeing it is not waht you ordered. Or that it is, but it doesn't give you butterflies, and your heart sinks. We can't always see things in person, at first. I'm excited to see what happens

YC

Brilliant_Rock
20230708_084444.jpg
20230708_084311.jpg
Today's ring is an approx 4ct indicolite with unheated yellow sapphires (around 1 ct each). One of my few east-west rings as I thought that the centrestone would look a bit odd in a NS setting.
As with many of my gemstones, the ring looks its best in the morning (tropical) sun. A pleasant way to improve me mood on my way to work. :)

Timor

Shiny_Rock
Hand carved platinum, untreated Sri Lankan sapphire.

20230706_165625.jpg
1689071785120.png

Everything on your hand and arm is stunning!
I really want a platinum ring but each time the vendor/bench advises me against it:( I may need to insist one day...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results