shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you wearing today?! Show me your CS!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mochiko42|1429674701|3865652 said:
T L said:
Here's a pic of me driving that I found on PS.

file.jpg

I usually wear at least three rings on each hand.

Here's another pic. Very gaudy!! My husband cringes at my hands when we go out anywhere.

Just curious as I don't live in the US and don't own a car... Why do so many US PSers take photos of their bling while in the car? Is the light better? Or is it the relative privacy while being semi-outdoors? Isn't it dangerous to take photos while driving? [emoji23] sorry if it's a silly question!

PS I love that green ring, is it a mint garnet?

Thanks to everyone for the kind words.

Where I live traffic is horrible during rush hour, so I took a few shots where my mahenge was glowing madly in the early evening sun at a stop light (waiting in tons of traffic). A parked car is also a good source of shaded sunlight too, and no one pays attention to you taking pictures of your hands, so its a privacy thing too.

The green pear shaped stone is a tsavorite, and the heart shaped stone in my other picture (not pictured in your post) is a mint garnet. :)

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lilmosun|1429674424|3865650 said:
Do you have rings made in different sizes to fit specific fingers?

No, I depending on the time of day and season, I can usually fit in a 7, 8 or 9 on most fingers, although a 9 is a little too loose, so I typically wear it with bands.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A car, especially if it has a neutral interior (and what car doesn't?), is the perfect studio lighting. Many photographers use a light box with diffused bright light entering from multiple locations/angles - they put the stone/piece of jewelry inside and snap away. So a car is like a giant light box where you have just crawled inside with your lovely pieces. :bigsmile: Car interiors are ideal conditions, so you have to really work at it to make your stones/jewelry look anything less than stellar there. :))

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful Bling TL!! Your collection is amazing. And it is a great idea to combine them so you can admire and enjoy multiple rings on one hand.

Stunning ring Lovinggems! Who sourced the stone for you and made your setting. It looks so elegant on your hand.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
I'm very glad that this thread is catching on! Im enjoying the eye candy! :appl:

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Acinom thank you for your kind words. The stone was purchased from Gemline, and the ring was made by PMGArt on Etsy. I am not sure what happened to PMGArt but hope he is doing well!
Ricezo thanks for starting this thread!

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
minousbijoux|1429682522|3865692 said:
A car, especially if it has a neutral interior (and what car doesn't?), is the perfect studio lighting. Many photographers use a light box with diffused bright light entering from multiple locations/angles - they put the stone/piece of jewelry inside and snap away. So a car is like a giant light box where you have just crawled inside with your lovely pieces. :bigsmile: Car interiors are ideal conditions, so you have to really work at it to make your stones/jewelry look anything less than stellar there. :))

Ok, kinda tempted to drag my whole jewelry box out to the car for a photoshoot right now!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1429697354|3865732 said:
Beautiful Bling TL!! Your collection is amazing. And it is a great idea to combine them so you can admire and enjoy multiple rings on one hand.

Acinom, you always say such lovely things, but I do look a bit ridiculous with so many rings. I suppose I don't wear them to impress others though, only for my entertainment, and they do give me a lot of eye candy, especially on those long sunny drives home (I better pay more attention to the road :errrr: :o )

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TL|1429729050|3865988 said:
Acinom|1429697354|3865732 said:

Acinom, you always say such lovely things, but I do look a bit ridiculous with so many rings. I suppose I don't wear them to impress others though, only for my entertainment, and they do give me a lot of eye candy, especially on those long sunny drives home (I better pay more attention to the road :errrr: :o )

TL, I love your signature style and the fact that you wear your jewelry for your own joy (this is exactly why I prefer rings to other jewelry :lol: ), reflecting your unique taste. I like!!!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Love your ring blingbunny!

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful grey spinel Blingbunny! I love the setting too.

Mochiko- you have so many beautiful pieces! Is the OEC your engagement ring? Or do you have a couple on rotation?

Acinom - I love your rubellite - it looks delicious! :love:

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Love the photos Mochiko and Acinom!

Wyntery

Shiny_Rock
I've been a bit quiet on CS for a while (still lurking though!), so this is a great re-introduction.

Right hand today: Amethyst and spess mother's ring and fire opal eternity (not great photos taken under office fluro lights)

amethyst_and_spess_three_stone_and_fire_opal_eternity.jpg

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ricezo said:

Mochiko- you have so many beautiful pieces! Is the OEC your engagement ring? Or do you have a couple on rotation?

Hi ricezo, thanks! My official engagement ring is a small sapphire in a yellow gold solitaire and original wedding band is a plain platinum band with an Argyle surprise diamond . They don't match so I don't wear them often.. My husband doesn't mind me wearing different rings or no rings because it's just fashion to him, he's quite unsentimental that way. Also many women here don't wear any wedding rings or bands at all. So I rotate my collection! I have been wearing my OEC and VC band about 70% of the time lately, so sadly my CS has taken a little bit of a back seat!

I don't even wear my plain plat band around the house because I like to bake and cook[emoji23] [emoji33] my husband uses his wedding band as a beer bottle opener..

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful Wyntery!!! :love: What a beautiful pop of colour.

Lovinggems: great choice!!! You I love your mahenge ring by Vicor. Beautiful moonstone and setting. Does it have a separate thread?

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm afraid to say that lately I've done a lot more imagining than actual wearing. Half the time I mean to wear a ring or two and forget them when I leave the house! Have to try a bit harder so I can add to the thread.

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
Lovinggems - That spinel ring!! :love: Absolutely love how the side stones are set, too! Can I ask the dimensions of the spinel and the ring size?

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Acinom|1429864323|3866994 said:
Beautiful Wyntery!!! :love: What a beautiful pop of colour.

Lovinggems: great choice!!! You I love your mahenge ring by Vicor. Beautiful moonstone and setting. Does it have a separate thread?

Hi Acinom I don't think I have a thread on it. The ring was purchased from James Meyer.

I love your sugared diamond ring! Blue really suits you.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
blingbunny10|1429896843|3867223 said:
Lovinggems - That spinel ring!! :love: Absolutely love how the side stones are set, too! Can I ask the dimensions of the spinel and the ring size?

Blingbunny nice to see you in CS too and thank you.
The spinel is 8.38mm x 6.25mm, ring size is US 4.75.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Wyntery - beautiful mother's ring - the amethyst and spess side stones look fantastic together!

Loving gems - I admired your mahenge ring over in SMTB - it's to die for!

Acinom - we don't get to see this ring enough and I can't understand why as its spectacular!

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
mochiko42|1429828484|3866762 said:
ricezo said:

Hi ricezo, thanks! My official engagement ring is a small sapphire in a yellow gold solitaire and original wedding band is a plain platinum band with an Argyle surprise diamond . They don't match so I don't wear them often.. My husband doesn't mind me wearing different rings or no rings because it's just fashion to him, he's quite unsentimental that way. Also many women here don't wear any wedding rings or bands at all. So I rotate my collection! I have been wearing my OEC and VC band about 70% of the time lately, so sadly my CS has taken a little bit of a back seat!

I don't even wear my plain plat band around the house because I like to bake and cook[emoji23] [emoji33] my husband uses his wedding band as a beer bottle opener..

Mochiko I can see why your CS rings aren't getting much wear, your OEC is gorgeous. I vote for one ring per hand that way you can get the best of both worlds! Except for when you're baking of course! I can't believe your husband uses his ring as a bottle opener!! He is very resourceful! :shock: :lol:

BaileyC

Rough_Rock
Great thread topic, ricezo! I love your ruby ring on your index finger - looks so elegant!

I’m headed out for the evening and am mostly vintage. An Art Deco Moonstone and Sapphire ring paired with late Art Deco Sapphire bracelet on my right hand. On my left is my Richard Homer contemporary, but Art Nouveau-inspired sapphire wedding set. Forgive the terrible pics in the terrible lighting please!

righthand1.jpg

lefthand1.jpg

Oh my…my oh my. Everyone’s bling is just beautiful! Acinom, that rubellite ring is simply to die for! As is Lovinggems moonstone masterpiece (you know I love me some moonstones!) and that gorgeous spinel with the VERY cool bullet-like shaped sidestones!

Wyntery that Amethyst is so purdy!!! And mochiko42, I adore your spinel ring! And ya gotta love dk168’s ruby ring…almost makes me want to change clothes so I can wear my rubies tonight instead!

And I think that was just page 2….WOW everyone!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great choices BaileyC!
Do you seperate threads for your moonstone ring and bracelet?
I am always amazed when I see your wedding set!! It's so feminie, unique and elegant. And very wearable for different occassions!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Your rings and bracelet are spectacular BaileyC! Even in low lighting your blue sapphire just glows. Please post photos of your other sets!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results