shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you wearing today?! Show me your CS!

fantapanda

Shiny_Rock
This looks familiar :) Did you buy this from a Singapore based vendor?

I did indeed! Actually both the bracelet and ring are from Singapore based vendors. The ring vendor was super fast and communicative.

YC

Brilliant_Rock
I did indeed! Actually both the bracelet and ring are from Singapore based vendors. The ring vendor was super fast and communicative.

The ring vendor is the jeweller I usually go to. Sadly, I did not manage to see your ring before you bought it. I have bought a few small jade pieces from him in recent months too; he prices them competitively :)

shelovesinclusions

Shiny_Rock
@MissSarah everytime I consider an oval I end up chickening out! I really should buy a $20 fake one to test out sizing.

It is definitely worth finding an inexpensive tester bangle. The first oval I got, I almost returned because I thought it was too small. It's just a different type of finagling to get one one if you like them close, like a push and twist/jiggle. The best thing, imo, about ovals is that they can't go up my arm far enough to cut off blood flow from the top or bottom of the forearm. Try one, you may like it!

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I reset my e-ring so wanted to republish the original setting. It had an ugly peg head so I had it sent to DK to build a new head in rose gold. Perfect hot pink lab spinel from Gene.

My pics don't show off the new basket well so sharing a photo from DK.

20210829_175431.jpg
20210829_175435.jpg
DKPV2021___07__30____70053____PR-4.jpg

rosethorn

Shiny_Rock
I reset my e-ring so wanted to republish the original setting. It had an ugly peg head so I had it sent to DK to build a new head in rose gold. Perfect hot pink lab spinel from Gene.

My pics don't show off the new basket well so sharing a photo from DK.

20210829_175431.jpg
20210829_175435.jpg
DKPV2021___07__30____70053____PR-4.jpg

That basket is spectacular!

voce

Ideal_Rock
PXL_20210830_210818572.jpg
Green Jade bangle matching a green paraiba. Back at work, but still feel like my heart is at the beach.

GemmaBella

Shiny_Rock
@voce I love your paraiba green/blue combo. It really reminds me of the ocean! It's so serene.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous colour! Can you keep it for yourself?? :lol:

It's not my kind of color but I'm actually really glad to hear that someone else likes it. I was very skeptical even though I was the one who found the bangle for her.

I was like "Are you sure about this color? It's not very bright? You sure you want something in this shade?"

Took me a while to step back and tell myself firmly that not everyone wants a cheerful green bangle :lol:

emeraldhummingbird

Shiny_Rock
It's not my kind of color but I'm actually really glad to hear that someone else likes it. I was very skeptical even though I was the one who found the bangle for her.

I was like "Are you sure about this color? It's not very bright? You sure you want something in this shade?"

Took me a while to step back and tell myself firmly that not everyone wants a cheerful green bangle :lol:

Haha while I would *also* want a cheerful green bangle, I think this one is just beautiful. I would be over the moon to get it. Lucky sister!!

Does the colour have a particular name? I would love to find one like it!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha while I would *also* want a cheerful green bangle, I think this one is just beautiful. I would be over the moon to get it. Lucky sister!!

Does the colour have a particular name? I would love to find one like it!

So I don't speak Chinese at all but know a few minor terms because I've bought so much Jade. They called this one (and a few others like it) violet.

They mentioned green but it had violet in the description.

As opposed to mine which was called "Spring" with no mention of violet.

Posting mine because I love it more lol :razz:

Lil Sis is not a fan of this one :lol:

PXL_20210829_033516888.jpg

Zanter

Rough_Rock
Drooling! Where’d you get this if you don’t mind me asking?

I got it from this gentleman. https://www.gemrockauctions.com/stores/gemrough .

He has lots of lovely Spinels from the fabled luc yen mines in Vietnam. These Viet spinels come from marble host rocks so they are low in iron like the old Mogok mines in Burma.

This youtube
inspired me to hunt down these lovely spinels. Hope to buy a nice cobalt blue one day.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results