shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you wearing today?! Show me your CS!

voce

Ideal_Rock
6E328CAE-87EC-420D-BF2F-E4B0F6D397FB.jpeg CDD6EF39-1949-4217-A231-235B44419D53.jpeg DF559AFA-366F-4139-874F-72B5D8368F18.jpeg 3carat grey/pink/lavender Julia B spinel in a Stuller setting. I love the colors the spinel flashes because I wanted a stone that reflected the colors of the Columbia River and Washington skies. Please excuse my reddened fingers. I’m just back from kayaking 131 miles of the Columbia River and dealing with some gnarly windburn. This ring was my prize at the end of the journey.
Gorgeous moody ring! I miss kayaking, though I have never kayaked that many miles; you're a champ, and the ring is your trophy.:geek2:

Crazie4Cuts

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Daisys and Diamonds, I do not know if my MIL purchase this new..she passed already 3 years ago. She was from Hawaii and heard the bombing of Pearl Harbor! She lived on the other side of the island and live to tell this story to me! Not having much money, I am sure she bought at that time the best she could afford and probably didn’t wear this ring much. I don’t see much wear, scratches, or damage to the ring. I am very glad to have this and think of her often. My SIL is such a wonderful person and I love her to bits for giving this to me. The bad thing is I am now on this Emerald hunt and want another! @T L, @Sungura, @ordinaryrainbow you guys are at fault!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Daisys and Diamonds, I do not know if my MIL purchase this new..she passed already 3 years ago. She was from Hawaii and heard the bombing of Pearl Harbor! She lived on the other side of the island and live to tell this story to me! Not having much money, I am sure she bought at that time the best she could afford and probably didn’t wear this ring much. I don’t see much wear, scratches, or damage to the ring. I am very glad to have this and think of her often. My SIL is such a wonderful person and I love her to bits for giving this to me. The bad thing is I am now on this Emerald hunt and want another! @T L, @Sungura, @ordinaryrainbow you guys are at fault!
What a sweet story of your MIL, and how lovely a memento to remember her by!!

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m wearing this beauty. I don’t know anything about it other than it’s 18k Gold and was bought in New York. My aunt gifted it to me and I absolutely adore it!

108CE8B2-09C7-40E4-A82D-232763AF6029.jpeg

That color combo is really common in the mediterranean (greek/italian) - traditionally high karat gold with sapphire and ruby stones. Sometimes called etruscan or byzantine style jewelry. Yours is like a more modern and streamlined take on that style. Pretty ring!

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock
I love jewelry with a story. Thank you so much for sharing the story of this emerald ring!!

ordinaryrainbow

Shiny_Rock

I too love this story, and the fact the ring is so connected with your MIL.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Sungura my husband who doesn't know jade declared the pendant too see through and needs to be more opaque so that it would be easier to see :lol:

@ordinaryrainbow hehe I really splurged on that setting. I have a tiny pad and I'm thinking of splurging on that setting too..... but it's so small at 5.1mm.....decisions

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
isn't that the most wounderful things about family rings - how we think of our loved ones

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
@elle_71125 I asked for a scaled down version to compare. And I'm not 100% sure on halo slant and think the shoulders might be too thin. Custom takes me so long !

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@elle_71125 I asked for a scaled down version to compare. And I'm not 100% sure on halo slant and think the shoulders might be too thin. Custom takes me so long !

Well, I think you’re off to a great start. Custom work can be really tough. Sometimes, I find it to be a smooth, easy process and other times I’m going back and forth with DK for ages. I probably make his team a little crazy. :wall: :shifty:

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
@elle_71125 I always seem to overthink, then drag it out... but my recent earrings were easy...I want these, with these stones. But rings, Oy Vay. :doh:

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Budget Blue 2.jpg Budget Blue 3.jpg

I'm wearing blue, as well. These are my "Budget Blues"--Chalcedony and silver, with white sapphire accents on the ring. The chalcedony in the ring is faceted and the bracelet stones are matte polished.

Attachments

• Budget Blue.jpg
    Budget Blue.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
I am in California again and realized I keep opting for my little zircon for my Ca trips. Thought I'd photo it with palm trees in the background. Took the photo sitting on our hotel balcony. Mom says "why are you taking pictures of your ring?" Well after explaining, she said I need to photo her wearing her lavender spinel cluster. So, this is a 2 for 1! Lol.
20190611_100937.jpg

mrsthomas

Shiny_Rock
That color combo is really common in the mediterranean (greek/italian) - traditionally high karat gold with sapphire and ruby stones. Sometimes called etruscan or byzantine style jewelry. Yours is like a more modern and streamlined take on that style. Pretty ring!

Thanks for the info, I really appreciate it :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results