shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you wearing today?! Show me your CS!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very practical and I totally agree. Also halos suit basically everything so you can swap stones out if you feel like it, My new motto is to only buy rounds or calibrated sizes but it’s hard when the ones you like all come in odd shapes...

I find that if you have a good setter they can make most things fit as long as its a uniform shape.

A lot of the settings at my settings place just have the generic 4 prongs so as long as the stone is sort of within size range and not a triangle, pear or heart they can adjust the prongs to set the stone.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Out with the rubies today :)

20180826_161032-01.jpeg 20180826_145417-01.jpeg

Could you pretty please tell me how many mm the stone on the right is? (the smaller one)

I want to gauge sizes! I really want to set my tiny but mighty emerald!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Could you pretty please tell me how many mm the stone on the right is? (the smaller one)

I want to gauge sizes! I really want to set my tiny but mighty emerald!

With the ruler in the office, probably around 5mm or just over 5mm?

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
E21C67A6-2886-462F-AA4E-4EC67FB25CF0.jpeg 3126E087-73E2-42DF-8ACA-C111FC039654.jpeg
D2C91E63-05DF-4727-88E2-FC528671D740.jpeg
I bought this lavender jadeite ring. I knew the color would be slightly different than pictured, as is common with lavender jade. All in all, I am happy with it. It is not an exact match to the jade in my pendant, but they are close enough to look good together. It’s got nice translucence and a fine grain, and has attractive proportions. Eventually , I would like to replace the setting with one in platinum and bigger diamonds, so either reset this stone, or buy another one in the future. In my world, one can never have too much lavender jade! It came with certification but it’s off to the GIA to double check.

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
E21C67A6-2886-462F-AA4E-4EC67FB25CF0.jpeg 3126E087-73E2-42DF-8ACA-C111FC039654.jpeg
I bought this lavender jadeite ring. I knew the color would be slightly different than pictured, as is common with lavender jade. All in all, I am happy with it. It is not an exact match to the jade in my pendant, but they are close enough to look good together. It’s got nice translucence and a fine grain, and has attractive proportions. Eventually , I would like to replace the setting with one in platinum and bigger diamonds, so either reset this stone, or buy another one in the future. In my world, one can never have too much lavender jade! It came with certification but it’s off to the GIA to double check.

Oooh, I love that mysterious lavender hue! It reminds me of a misty twilight field with horses. So peaceful and evocative...

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh, I love that mysterious lavender hue! It reminds me of a misty twilight field with horses. So peaceful and evocative...
Thank you! That’s just what I love too! What a lovely image. :razz:

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Bluegemz your lavender ring is gorgeous!

May I ask about the gold and diamond quality in real life? They look pretty good in the picture. Is it as substantial in real life?

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
D5B07106-D33F-412A-85D6-9737617AD603.jpeg 49418379-1D83-4C21-8819-1D752C988670.jpeg
@Bluegemz your lavender ring is gorgeous!

May I ask about the gold and diamond quality in real life? They look pretty good in the picture. Is it as substantial in real life?

Thanks! My assessment may be biased because I’m not used to many prefab settings in general, and this one is definitely a prefab setting. Most of my rings have substantial metal weight due to my attraction to hand made work. In this case, the ring is strong, but very light weight by comparison with my others, so that takes some getting used to. The prongs are thinner, and all over metal is thinner.

I felt I was buying for the stone and the setting seemed semi disposable. I figured that since I spent enough, it would be fun to wear for now while I save up again for the right setting, with platinum and baguette diamonds in a ballerina style. Diamond quality seems ok. They are small but nice and sparkly, without obvious yellow tones. Underneath, it’s styled in a way which is similar to my star sapphire ring, and like the jade pendant with nice details. ( see picture. The star ring is very heavy and hand made, but the prefabricated jade ring setting mimics such details nicely at a glance. It’s also similar to the pendant, but the metal in the pendant is just much more substantial. )

I’m determined to reset it which will add beauty for me, but I’m really happy with the jade, which was definitely my number 1 focus, and the ring is lots of fun and plenty pretty as is for now.

If one doesn’t mind thinner settings, I think it’s great and would certainly hold up for a while, though maybe not for a lifetime. There’s no sloppiness of detail. My guess is a pretty well done, prefab setting.

Last edited:

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Bluegemz thank you so much for taking the time to post the pics and give such a thorough assessment of the setting. I really appreciate it!

I have been considering one of her green cab rings (not any one in particular right now, just might get one, one of these days) and I REALLY wanted to know what the settings were like in real life. I am so grateful for the information you provided!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Bluegemz thank you so much for taking the time to post the pics and give such a thorough assessment of the setting. I really appreciate it!

I have been considering one of her green cab rings (not any one in particular right now, just might get one, one of these days) and I REALLY wanted to know what the settings were like in real life. I am so grateful for the information you provided!
You are welcome. I know the search can be long ! The ring which I purchased was not on her site. Since I did not see anything on her site which worked, I told her what I was looking for in general quality, grain, color and texture, and she sent me examples each day of cabs ( I think referring to stock from a jade factory) and rings for a while until I found this one. That was really helpful. I’m not sure If all the settings pictured are of equal quality or not on her site. Idk if there is a range available. Maybe something to ask?

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am sure I posted this before- but today I am wearing a Mahenge spinel ring with a ruby band. I find it fun to pair some of my colored stone rings with bands.

002.JPG

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
6A314ACE-25DD-47C3-A9B1-0D4EFE22822A.jpeg F58AB3A5-07D9-4879-AAD0-0466C38F9814.jpeg FE4ACADC-E81F-4EC1-8937-47DE4493410D.jpeg
Yesterday I wore these ‘Olmec jade’ slice earrings. I bought these for collecting sake. I want to change the hardware to gold which I think would look better. They have a distinct bluish tone which I could not capture at all with my terrible camera.... they are very translucent when held up to the light. The jade from South America feels different than Burmese jadeite, with a unique soul to it. It’s not hard to imagine why it was more precious than gold to the ancient Mezo American rulers. It’s very smooth, heavy, cold, but also slightly grainy. It’s like a mix of half Gem, half strength as one can tell the material would be great for tools as well as for jewelry. The chime is almost like metal. Here they are pictured next to some images of ancient Olmec jade. I rarely wear these, but every so often, I just really appreciate them.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wore my star sapphire ring today as it was such a good match to my new top. Color of top is much brighter/more vibrant in pics:
36D00AEB-4240-4921-A53E-E9C20393ABB7.jpeg
Pic from vendor’s site.
90EE3279-15F7-4355-9ACD-0E0E6758E0B9.jpeg
Just love it and the top is great with it. I adore that kind of blue, soothing, dreamy and mysterious.

Rare gem lover

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Turned out great! Love that finish and bezel! Very slick and sleek and clean, :razz:

Thank you! Am glad you like it. It’s actually in silver which is a first for me. But I’ll be getting it white gold plated so it stays young :)

Rare gem lover

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Turned out great! Love that finish and bezel! Very slick and sleek and clean, :razz:

Thank you! Am glad you like it. It’s actually in silver which is a first for me. But I’ll be getting it white gold plated so it stays young :)

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Gemmy with even colouram and good dome..congrats on finding the jadeite :)

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gemmy with even colouram and good dome..congrats on finding the jadeite :)
Thanks! I like it a lot. It does have fine color clouds, so is not completely color even when back lit, but I think it’s a pretty good match for the pendant. It does have a gemmy look to it and a nice dome. I can’t wait to get it out of that setting though, or buy another for a setting in platinum with baguettes.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_5641.JPG
IMG_5651.JPG
Playing with the new ring!

Attachments

• IMG_5648.JPG
    IMG_5648.JPG
    207.9 KB · Views: 14

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is something I wear with me, not on me. The size is small for me and I am deliberating whether to size or sell as it is unworn or something else. But I like the ring. 3-ct champagne diamond diamond ring.jpg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is something I wear with me, not on me. The size is small for me and I am deliberating whether to size or sell as it is unworn or something else. But I like the ring. diamond ring.jpg

so pretty! What kind of stone and what are the specs? I think it's lovely. Sorry about the sizing--that's always the worst when something doesn't quite fit :(

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
so pretty! What kind of stone and what are the specs? I think it's lovely. Sorry about the sizing--that's always the worst when something doesn't quite fit :(

Thank you! A champagne diamond in rose brushed gold 3ct RB. Very warm. I am planning to lose weight so it might fit, but today it does not. And I think sizing it down will be more difficult.

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I also like to pair my bands with other colored stone rings, @LisaRN :) Love that stack in your picture! I need to post a picture of my Tsavorite trillion ring with my Tsavorite eternity ring. They look really pretty worn together with a spacer band in between :)

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wearing my diamond ring today overlooking the iconic Gardens.
4741A0D6-9976-4265-A84E-C8C657832B02.jpeg
AE707D34-FCCB-460E-AD75-428CAAD4A1A1.jpeg
F030EFD7-2F54-48FD-ADD5-BB475264DAC3.jpeg

Attachments

• DC29B342-6675-4129-A24A-A391C8984825.jpeg
    DC29B342-6675-4129-A24A-A391C8984825.jpeg
    177.5 KB · Views: 14
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results