shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you wearing today?! Show me your CS!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Bluegemz - I love your posts with your fabulous jewelry. I think your daily look always has a story to tell and I enjoy that story immensely.
Thank you for your kind words! Your response made me realize something.,.maybe we all have our different reasons for loving gems and jewelry, beauty aside. For me, it really is intertwined with stories. In fact, that’s a main expression of life stories and current state of mind, like a dialectic between past and present, overlayed with hopeful spirit of emerging while also returning to the core. Gems and jewelry somehow reflect this immensely complex state at any one time. I personally am not compelled to buy for just for the sake of collecting in and of itself, but I am moved/inspired when it becomes symbolic for something more personal/spiritual/emotional. I suppose this is why it’s hard for me to build sets over time, because it’s a constant evolution of consciousness, and we never step into the same river twice. This also explains why I love beauty in all gems, inexpensive as well as expensive, and can appreciate the many expressions in any history in my own collection as well as in others’ , even if I wouldn’t chose them for myself currently.

Last edited:

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
51F6F6FA-8BC7-4A4E-B810-49E450DB5FB5.jpeg Finally I got Gene Flanigan’s purple spinel set. The setting is my CvB Zoe, which used to hold previously my oec. The spinel is mystic, it shifts from jeans blue to dark purple depending lightning.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
51F6F6FA-8BC7-4A4E-B810-49E450DB5FB5.jpeg Finally I got Gene Flanigan’s purple spinel set. The setting is my CvB Zoe, which used to hold previously my oec. The spinel is mystic, it shifts from jeans blue to dark purple depending lightning.

Love the description. Mystic spinel :)

voce

Ideal_Rock

Been a while since I last wore this spinel ring :)
20180802_012125.jpg 20180802_012152.jpg

Love the CS and the settings you ladies have chosen for the CS! :appl:

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A59E09F6-4319-4D45-AA1A-3E47EACCD8ED.jpeg 9DF315D9-A298-435C-ADCE-54BF7D242CCD.jpeg
Wearing this spess and pink spinel bracelet in 18k, which I call ‘The sunset bracelet’. I love the crucible like fire and glow of spessartites. ( pics show more Brown in the spessartites than is present in life.) And I wear them when I feel that I need to have more strength, vibrancy and ‘burn’ than I feel naturally. It really needs a spess ring to go with it. I saw one last Fall from my jeweler, which is my dream spess ring, but it would require lots of saving to purchase it, or a remake of it. It is just what I’m looking for though.

Last edited:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love that bracelet!!! The colors are awesome, exactly like a sunset! Not to be the devil on your shoulder, but there's a really nice spess for sale on LT that I was just drooling over :lickout:

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
B8D6F04A-E7D0-4743-B180-F9C1F25C464D.jpeg DE0B3C2B-41FD-4AA9-B309-20486D3A4783.jpeg
Love that bracelet!!! The colors are awesome, exactly like a sunset! Not to be the devil on your shoulder, but there's a really nice spess for sale on LT that I was just drooling over :lickout:

Thankyou! Ooh, I have to check it out! Much appreciated. Just for fun, here’s my dream spess ring.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wowzers that's a ball of fire!!!!!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AHEM, @lilmosun we need more details! Sugarloaf? gold? YES PLEASE!

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AHEM, @lilmosun we need more details! Sugarloaf? gold? YES PLEASE!
I purchased it from Vance Gems as a finished piece a couple of years ago. I forget the details but it's a sugarloaf tourmaline in a heavy/substantial gold setting. I guess I was always afraid to wear it because of the height but I do love the look and it needs to come out more often.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I opened my jewelry box this morning and realized that I don't recall every wearing this out :eek2: so I took a picture of her first outing.
IMG_20180801_093635.jpg
I just love the colors of the metal and the stone together. And, I love that thick, sculptural yellow gold.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This spess ring reminds me of your latest aquamarine ring.
That is a compliment to my aqua ring. It is somewhat similar in large size, but this one is such a fabulous piece on. It’s got heavier metal, more diamonds ...just all in all a fireball.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
9D50E039-FDB6-430C-BC85-25AD0624D42D.jpeg
Wearing these 2 platinum rings today along with some aqua beads. The star ring is a colorless star sapphire with a colorles jadeite star. The other is an antique sapphire ring which I got as a birthday present a few years ago.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh! Love this! :kiss2:
If only it were less expensive! A few years ago, I would have bought it, but now with 2 teenagers close to college, I’m hesitant because of the $$$$$, but still undecided. Ive bought my favorite things from her, and her things don’t lose thier appeal over time for me, so that is what keeps nagging me. And since I’ve seen it, idk if I’d be fully happy with a different one. Such is the pain of jewelry lovers! I’m giving it up to jewelry karma lol.

voce

Ideal_Rock
9D50E039-FDB6-430C-BC85-25AD0624D42D.jpeg
Wearing these 2 platinum rings today along with some aqua beads. The star ring is a colorless star sapphire with a colorles jadeite star. The other is an antique sapphire ring which I got as a birthday present a few years ago.
Nice pairing :kiss2: Each ring is unique, but they go well together! That colorless star sapphire with the colorless jade star is so unique, I don't think I could find one like it unless I get one as a custom project...you've definitely mastered the art of wearing your jewelry!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice pairing :kiss2: Each ring is unique, but they go well together! That colorless star sapphire with the colorless jade star is so unique, I don't think I could find one like it unless I get one as a custom project...you've definitely mastered the art of wearing your jewelry!

Thank you for the kind words, @voce ! During my star sapphire craze this past Winter, which I know will be ongoing until I die, ( seriously, they are my absolute favorite gems) , I saw the clear star as an inexpensive pendant set in silver. I bought it and at the same time bought the star jade which I couldn’t resist because of it’s cuteness and shape. Somehow they seemed to work together, so I had a local man , who I’d never worked with before, ( but I love to give emerging people practice and business no matter how it turns out, I’m willing to accept) set them together based on my design and his skill level.

In general,I love the purity in shapes and aesthetic disciple of distinct artistic styles of the past, but I also love artistic freedom in a more modern way, which celebrates completely different sensibilities as a part of different consciousness, and so I end up wearing a combo of both most days. Usually my necklaces are more modern artistic, and my rings more tradish but in this case, I could just throw them together lol.

Last edited:

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
A59E09F6-4319-4D45-AA1A-3E47EACCD8ED.jpeg 9DF315D9-A298-435C-ADCE-54BF7D242CCD.jpeg
Wearing this spess and pink spinel bracelet in 18k, which I call ‘The sunset bracelet’. I love the crucible like fire and glow of spessartites. ( pics show more Brown in the spessartites than is present in life.) And I wear them when I feel that I need to have more strength, vibrancy and ‘burn’ than I feel naturally. It really needs a spess ring to go with it. I saw one last Fall from my jeweler, which is my dream spess ring, but it would require lots of saving to purchase it, or a remake of it. It is just what I’m looking for though.

Bracelets don’t usually move me but this one really does! I love the pink and orange together and they are two of my favourite CS! I hope you save up enough for that spess ring, it’s gorg!

I opened my jewelry box this morning and realized that I don't recall every wearing this out :eek2: so I took a picture of her first outing.
IMG_20180801_093635.jpg

What a darling sugarloaf! I saw some sugarloafs for the first time at the gem fair and they were so pretty. But I’m a hand waver so I fear I will never be careful enough to wear one.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
8693F121-20BF-4098-B319-4A1F892369BA.jpeg
Wearing this blue jade bangle today with a stretch glass bead bracelet that I found in my daughter’s jewelry box...:twisted2:. the bangle has a slight reddish spot seen on the top. This one is translucent with a ‘broken ice’ texture. Do I wish the stretch bracelet were made of amethysts and indicolite? Absolutely....just love these colors together. I really would love to get something like this in these colors of natural stones to mix and match and add some fun to the look. Anyone wear these kinds of stretch bead bracelets?

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
20180804_173516.jpg

This is my only stretch bracelet. It's from the Jade Diver and it's Siberian nephrite Jade. It slides up and down my wrist with a cool smooth feeling.
I had originally ordered a bangle of the same material . When it arrived it was too heavy. It bruised me. I was so upset. It had been a custom order with no return. I told Alan and he kindly swapped it out for this much lighter bead bracelet. I think he believes he got the better deal, but I know I did. :think:

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
20180804_173516.jpg

This is my only stretch bracelet. It's from the Jade Diver and it's Siberian nephrite Jade. It slides up and down my wrist with a cool smooth feeling.
I had originally ordered a bangle of the same material . When it arrived it was too heavy. It bruised me. I was so upset. It had been a custom order with no return. I told Alan and he kindly swapped it out for this much lighter bead bracelet. I think he believes he got the better deal, but I know I did. :think:
@suzanne2 , so sorry to hear that it bruised you! His bangles can be really massive and heavy. No skimping on the material, but it does take some getting used to when wearing. I think my Siberian from him is by far the weightiest jade bangle which I own.
I must say, those beads are simply gorgeous !!!! I’ve been admiring his beads for a long time, and I’ve seen how laboriously he hand makes each and every one. He told me about how long it took him to put together a necklace or a bracelet. Once I saw the start of the process in his workshop. You have a truly hand made labor of love with those, as he treats each one as a mini sculpture. Those creamy colors are just so subtle and elegant, and infused with the spirit of a beautiful appreciation for nature and the material.

Last edited:

voce

Ideal_Rock
8693F121-20BF-4098-B319-4A1F892369BA.jpeg
Wearing this blue jade bangle today with a stretch glass bead bracelet that I found in my daughter’s jewelry box...:twisted2:. the bangle has a slight reddish spot seen on the top. This one is translucent with a ‘broken ice’ texture. Do I wish the stretch bracelet were made of amethysts and indicolite? Absolutely....just love these colors together. I really would love to get something like this in these colors of natural stones to mix and match and add some fun to the look. Anyone wear these kinds of stretch bead bracelets?
I don't wear them (yet), but earlier today I was browsing Etsy and came across a store called TheRussianStone that had plenty of natural stone stretch beads, some in amethyst. They had a HUGE selection of bracelets!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't wear them (yet), but earlier today I was browsing Etsy and came across a store called TheRussianStone that had plenty of natural stone stretch beads, some in amethyst. They had a HUGE selection of bracelets!
Thankyou, @voce ! I’ll check it out!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results