shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you wearing today?! Show me your CS!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So...... after being lucky enough to upgrade my pink sapphire I donated my modest one to Lil Sis who is trying to start a collection of her own.

Here it is on her very delicate fingers! She loves it!!!!!

IMG-20180718-WA0012.jpg

IMG-20180718-WA0005.jpg

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
So...... after being lucky enough to upgrade my pink sapphire I donated my modest one to Lil Sis who is trying to start a collection of her own.

IMG-20180718-WA0012.jpg

IMG-20180718-WA0005.jpg

That’s so pretty! Can you adopt me as a sister too? Serious question: what are those stones in the halo, light blue sapphire?

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s so pretty! Can you adopt me as a sister too? Serious question: what are those stones in the halo, light blue sapphire?

Hehe they are diamonds! Just the way she took the photo I think makes it look blue/grey.

She's very good to me and is always there when I need her! I struggled heaps when the 5yo was a baby and despite being 8 yrs younger she put her social life on hold to help babysit every weekend so Hubs and I could get some alone time. It was the only thing that kept me sane.

She does so much for us! We call her our magnificent "first born" because in some ways she's like our grown up child!

ETA here is another pic of the ring on my plump fingers!

20180113_143106.jpg

Last edited:

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hehe they are diamonds! Just the way she took the photo I think makes it look blue/grey.

She's very good to me and is always there when I need her! I struggled heaps when the 5yo was a baby and despite being 8 yrs younger she put her social life on hold to help babysit every weekend so Hubs and I could get some alone time. It was the only thing that kept me sane.

She does so much for us! We call her our magnificent "first born" because in some ways she's like our grown up child!

ETA here is another pic of the ring on my plump fingers!

20180113_143106.jpg

Ok could I trade my younger sister for yours? I would give you some nice jadeite necklaces in exchange!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Doing nothing but dropping off my son at preschool but wearing my Spess ring since it hasn't gotten out much. Which reminds me I should finally get it sized down to fit my ring finger, it's been years since I bought it!
20180718_123405.jpg

Gorgeous color and I love that it’s a cushion! :love:

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
Doing nothing but dropping off my son at preschool but wearing my Spess ring since it hasn't gotten out much. Which reminds me I should finally get it sized down to fit my ring finger, it's been years since I bought it!
20180718_123405.jpg

I missed seeing this earlier but I love this spess! It has such depth, I feel like I could gaze at it for hours. Yellow gold makes the perfect settings for it.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
20180718_123405.jpg
That spess is a dream! What a gloriously rich and intense color. It’s like a nugget of the sun. Love the substantial size of it too.

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous color and I love that it’s a cushion! :love:
Cushion is my favorite too, and this is Gene's stone so needless to say cut is lovely :kiss2:

I missed seeing this earlier but I love this spess! It has such depth, I feel like I could gaze at it for hours. Yellow gold makes the perfect settings for it.
I can't take credit for the YG setting, I bought it preset from @MakingTheGrade. To be honest when I bought it years ago I wasn't so sure about it as I never ever wore YG, but I'm finally starting to truly appreciate the beauty of it. It really is perfect for the stone.

That spess is a dream! What a gloriously rich and intense color. It’s like a nugget of the sun. Love the substantial size of it too.
Thank you, color really is the perfect orange. Not too yellow, not too red. Even though it's a really good size (9mm I think), I can't help but want to halo it one day because I'm such a sucker for halos :lol:

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cushion is my favorite too, and this is Gene's stone so needless to say cut is lovely :kiss2:

I can't take credit for the YG setting, I bought it preset from @MakingTheGrade. To be honest when I bought it years ago I wasn't so sure about it as I never ever wore YG, but I'm finally starting to truly appreciate the beauty of it. It really is perfect for the stone.
@Babyblue033

Aw I’m glad to see you still love it! I realized it was too big for my lifestyle lol. I have a few smaller spesses now in my life.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
20180718_123405.jpg

OMG I missed so much here just in a few weeks. @Babyblue033 ORANGElicious!!!!:lickout: LOVE!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

IMG-20180718-WA0012.jpg

IMG-20180718-WA0005.jpg

Date with lil sis in my new necklace!

20180721_171112.jpg

IMG-20180718-WA0012.jpg

IMG-20180718-WA0005.jpg

Sigh, your whole collection is amazbling. Colorfully beautiful in every way.:kiss2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Babyblue033

Aw I’m glad to see you still love it! I realized it was too big for my lifestyle lol. I have a few smaller spesses now in my life.
I haven't worn it nearly enough but I still feel lucky to have it every time I look at it. What a perfect spess!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
E2349E0E-EDD7-4235-A0C5-792BC38E023F.jpeg 7C18DA9D-1ACD-4F49-B9EC-E5B667A39693.jpeg EABBCE39-4C80-4043-A674-14BC7E12044B.jpeg
Wearing my moonstone, sapphire and gold bracelet today since I’m dropping my daughter off at the airport today...hey, why not lol? The gold color and streaks in it are background reflections.

Last edited:

Rare gem lover

Shiny_Rock
Trade
E2349E0E-EDD7-4235-A0C5-792BC38E023F.jpeg 7C18DA9D-1ACD-4F49-B9EC-E5B667A39693.jpeg EABBCE39-4C80-4043-A674-14BC7E12044B.jpeg
Wearing my moonstone, sapphire and gold bracelet today since I’m dropping my daughter off at the airport today...hey, why not lol? The gold color and streaks in it are background reflections.
oh my that is so lovely! What a sheen

voce

Ideal_Rock
So beautiful! I love how it looks on you. Do the moonstones go all the way around? And how careful do you have to be with a moonstone bracelet?

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
C94DAFC9-FB0A-4A39-8247-3506DA5669E6.jpeg
So beautiful! I love how it looks on you. Do the moonstones go all the way around? And how careful do you have to be with a moonstone bracelet?
Thank you! The stones go all the way around. Here is a picture which I’ve posted before of it ( for the sake of convenience. It’s a pain to take off) . I am careful when I wear it, and don’t wear it too often. ( I’m used to wearing jade bangles which are tough, so I have to be more mindful of slamming my wrists down, that sort of thing.) the good thing about this moonstone bracelet is that it’s quite heavy, and I can feel the weight on my wrist, which helps keep me aware that I’m wearing it. Also, it tends to stay put rather than sliding around, which lessens damage potential. IMO, one has to be careful when wearing moonstones on hands and wrists because they can cleave easily with the right knock. They don’t really chip, but they split. I believe feldspar means easy Or perfect cleavage, or something like that. I imagine it’s a bit like wearing emeralds. Some can wear them everyday for years with no to little damage, and others tend to damage them easily.

Last edited:

voce

Ideal_Rock
C94DAFC9-FB0A-4A39-8247-3506DA5669E6.jpeg
Thank you! The stones go all the way around. Here is a picture which I’ve posted before of it ( for the sake of convenience. It’s a pain to take off) . I am careful when I wear it, and don’t wear it too often. ( I’m used to wearing jade bangles which are tough, so I have to be more mindful of slamming my wrists down, that sort of thing.) the good thing about this moonstone bracelet is that it’s quite heavy, and I can feel the weight on my wrist, which helps keep me aware that I’m wearing it. Also, it tends to stay put rather than sliding around, which lessens damage potential. IMO, one has to be careful when wearing moonstones on hands and wrists because they can cleave easily with the right knock. I imagine it’s a bit like wearing emeralds. Some can wear them everyday for years with no to little damage, and others tend to damage them easily.
Thanks for showing the additional photo. Those moonstones are gorgeous. Convenience vs a tighter fit where the gemstones are not sliding around is an interesting trade off. I'm just getting started as a CS collector, so I'm mainly getting rings made, but eventually I'll come to getting bracelets, as well. Your collection is very inspiring!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for showing the additional photo. Those moonstones are gorgeous. Convenience vs a tighter fit where the gemstones are not sliding around is an interesting trade off. I'm just getting started as a CS collector, so I'm mainly getting rings made, but eventually I'll come to getting bracelets, as well. Your collection is very inspiring!
That’s great that you’re getting started! What a fun journey! Thanks again for the compliment. I’m sure your collection is and will continue to be gorgeous!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Even the petals on the underside of the moonstones are a work of art *wistful sigh*

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results