shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you wearing today? Pearl edition!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I've got Andrew's studs and my carnival strand on but im about to wash my hair and then go out to get ... cat food
so watch this space :lol:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Silver Akoya from Takahashi. These were bought last December, but I was slow at learning to knot and I’ve only just assembled the bracelet! Speed is not a skill I possess. Procrastination, on the other hand, I have in bucketfuls…

I had originally wanted non-baroque blue Akoya, but they turned out to be as rare as hen’s teeth and I’m really pleased to be honest - the silver of these is a really lovely neutral. And Takahashi value is the best!

F5D6C39E-02BB-4F60-AC18-FA0294FF9584.jpeg

This is such a neat and tidy stringing job!! But then, knowing you as I do, I would expect nothing less, you are meticulous!! ::)

And OMG this colour is SO pretty on you!! The perfect cool neutral :love:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't think my first pearl knotting strand will look that good :lol: :lol-2:
But i am good at cacti ....

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is such a neat and tidy stringing job!! But then, knowing you as I do, I would expect nothing less, you are meticulous!! ::)

And OMG this colour is SO pretty on you!! The perfect cool neutral :love:

Thank you! I struck lucky - it’s significantly less neat at the start and end, near the clasp. Doubling back through the last pearls and knotting those was especially vexing!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gary actually noticed i had earings om today
Tried to match then up with something for the other piercings but still needs more experiencing
20210618_202756.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Buying and wearing my carnival strand has been good for me !
These are the FW pearls from the mall bought to become the daisy necklase
never worn as just them selves because i thought they were too short
but after wearing the carnival strand these feel just fine
I don't really like the clasp although it's eaisy to put on (it just feels a bit cheap and insecure)
these had a nice long walk in the rain today with their mall pink stud sisters - then a nice long warm non-shampoo shower
They are such a small size - 20210620_231413.jpg i say this after hanging out with you wonderful pearl princesses (and the odd prince) when i bought them i didnt want bigger sized pearls and of course i had never heard of pearl shrinkage ! :lol: :doh:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! One of my pandemic stress shopping purchases =)2

Deets!!

I want to have an eternity made with baby akoya!! So I’m extra interested to hear about smaller pearls in rings... How often do you wear your ring? The pearls are in wonderful condition!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Back from rugged hiking vacation and happy to wearing these again! The baby akoyas never come off and they held up well to sunblock, bug spray, hiking dust, pools and hotubs!

1C891839-A7B8-4D4D-98B7-41A0BABB6A04.jpeg 800A07CB-8F31-4DFD-9CF1-47236F2EC2D4.jpeg

Its summer for you
I found the one time i wore a pearl braclete in the summer it just felt so clammy i took it off after not even getting to the end of my street :lol-2:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I dont know where to write this and saddly no pictures
The suburb i work in is quite posh
Big old historic residences that look out over the city and the river
We get a lot of older customers too - we sell a lot of fruit cake and date & walnut loaf, apple slice etc :lol:
So i do see some lovelly pearls on occasions

Anyway this older lady came in today rocking a gorgouse strand of Wilma Flintstone baroques
Lovelly luster
Her family gave them to her
when i admired them she said "Let me give you some advice. Do not wait till your eighty!"
Talk about enabling!!!

SGV_Gal

Rough_Rock
Deets!!

I want to have an eternity made with baby akoya!! So I’m extra interested to hear about smaller pearls in rings... How often do you wear your ring? The pearls are in wonderful condition!

This set is made by Tasaki that I scored on eBay. I haven’t worn the ring often due to the constant hand washing and lotioning. I’m worried about getting lotion on the pearls so I usually wear my non-pearl rings. Speaking of baby akoyas…I’m thinking of getting a baby akoya bracelet. Either from Etsy or I’ll ask Andrew Moline about pricing.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I always feel a bit sad when this thread hasn't been updated for a whole day ! :(2
My mall (sigh Micheal Hill) pink FW studs need to go in for repair
When i was taking one out i seem to have taken the whole pearl out of the cup
part of me wants to look under a loup - part of me says nooooooo !
They wern't exspensive but then they wern't $29 either !!:angryfire:
They would have still been under warranty if i had warn them when i actually got them 4 years ago

im going to take them to the family type jewler (that has a bench) across the street
Im thinking they just need a dab of glue

Crystal_Dreams

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh no! I’m sorry about your earrings.
I’m sure they just need a little glue as you said if the peg has come out with the pearl! Easy enough to do by yourself. All you need to do is clean any old glue off the finding and the pearl, put a dab of glue on and you’re done! I get all my pearls sent to me unset (less important tax that way) and just glue simple settings myself. It’s super easy!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh no! I’m sorry about your earrings.
I’m sure they just need a little glue as you said if the peg has come out with the pearl! Easy enough to do by yourself. All you need to do is clean any old glue off the finding and the pearl, put a dab of glue on and you’re done! I get all my pearls sent to me unset (less important tax that way) and just glue simple settings myself. It’s super easy!

I have really shaky hands :boohoo:
What sort of glue do you use ?
What do i clean the old glue off the finding with ?
Something like acatone ?

Redwoods-hiker-girl

Brilliant_Rock
I'm wearing 8-8.5 mm silver blue Akoya pearl studs from Andrew Moline. They arrived yesterday. I am in love.

Crystal_Dreams

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have really shaky hands :boohoo:
What sort of glue do you use ?
What do i clean the old glue off the finding with ?
Something like acatone ?

We don’t have attack in australia so I would probably try acetone on the finding. I’m not sure about acetone on the pearl though!! Buy a little tube of vigor glue off eBay or Amazon. I use that for all my projects

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results