shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you wearing today? Pearl edition!

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Lovely! I think taking away that one pearl has IMHO totally changed the look of the strand. It looks very uniform and lustrous.

I agree! It bugged me from the start that the luster on the bicolor was't as high as the others, and the green tone just didn't work. I need to remove the remaining cream looking one because it also has a bit of green and the strand is still a tad long.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Warning this post contains over shares :lol:

So since that wellowing pearl thread ive suddenly become a pearl worry wort

i was cleaning ....the dunny
before i jumped in the shower so i was in my birthday suit and pearls
we had run out of that under the rim gel stuff so i was using bleach
I suddenly though with all this bleach around how will i take my pearls off safely?

So when i took them off i rinsed them under the tap in panic
Then i thought dang !
We have really hard water
So i gave them a quick swish in some bottled water and a dry with a soft cloth and they are lying out on a towel on the bed to fully dry

Yes, i cleaned the loo in nothing but a string of pearls

Defiantly nooooooo pictures!

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Wore this to my pfizer jab today. I used Pattye's Storm for this strand. Despite wanting to go funky with a bright thread, I'm simply not adventurous enough :lol: Removed 3 pearls from the original strand, including the bi-color one. (Half is green-toned yellow and it clashed against my skin) This strand is an inch longer than the GSS and the front kind of dips into a V shape because they are round/shorter width wise and my collar bones push it out on the sides. I might have to remove one more to get the rounded drape. It was pulled back for photos so it didn't dip weird here.

159133026_430789221349861_7426098810465975164_n.jpg 160061440_174964500952442_7309317592870112841_n.jpg

Not being creepy, but you have a neck for pearls. Seriously!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I posted this in another thread but I can’t not share with the pearlites as well - studs and stations yesterday!!

Station necklace was made by WF - 18k RG with six scattered bezelled diamonds, and akoya from Andrew. Girls - WF did the most amazing job setting these pearls. The cups are handmade and they are seriously picture perfect. Heck they’re macro picture perfect. Who thinks of WF for pearls!? But I can’t recommend them enough. :love: :appl:

F9458986-799D-400D-9812-99271A124B8E.png
0F2CB26A-5EBB-4067-8D49-C051BEB17EF8.png
And the other thread with more info and pics :))
https://www.pricescope.com/communit...thing-new-from-whiteflash.263243/post-4942372

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
I posted this in another thread but I can’t not share with the pearlites as well - studs and stations yesterday!!

Station necklace was made by WF - 18k RG with six scattered bezelled diamonds, and akoya from Andrew. Girls - WF did the most amazing job setting these pearls. The cups are handmade and they are seriously picture perfect. Heck they’re macro picture perfect. Who thinks of WF for pearls!? But I can’t recommend them enough. :love: :appl:

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...thing-new-from-whiteflash.263243/post-4942372

This is so good! I love how it drapes. You guys are such bad influences, I've been buying pearls like... almost every day this past week. There are packages showing up every day!

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

They did a great job and I love the longer length. Did you manage to keep it around your neck or was the temptation to wear it wrapped as a bracelet too great?!

Mukti

Shiny_Rock

That luster! I can see your reflection on the pearls!

oceanblue

Shiny_Rock
This is so good! I love how it drapes. You guys are such bad influences, I've been buying pearls like... almost every day this past week. There are packages showing up every day!

Haha this was me a couple of weeks ago. I am finally satiated.....well almost.

oceanblue

Shiny_Rock

Love this, a step up from a tin cup. I can see this being worn to an important business meeting.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome, stay and become poorer :lol:

I keep a long-running wishlist, and I was looking at some of my 2018 updates last night - in March 2018 my Pearls section had one want. “Akoya bracelet”. That’s it. :silenced: :shock:

My younger self was so cute. :bigsmile:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@CMN, @ForteKitty, @lissyflo (I kept it on the neck for at least an hour after taking photos!! :bigsmile:), @Mukti, @oceanblue, everyone else here - thank you ladies (and gents!)!! I’m super happy with this one! I just had an extender made, and now it’s a hair under 40” - this is my happy-rope length ::)

The pearls in the necklace are from an 8-8.5mm strand - my first purchase from Andrew! I made two bracelets and used most of the leftovers here ::)

Last edited:

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
This thread inspired me to pick up some pearls. I ordered from the Pearl Source over the weekend and they arrived yesterday. Just dipping my toe into pearls- these are pretty affordable freshwater, 7-8 mm I believe, 18 inches with a white gold clasp. I thought they were pretty and I was pleasantly surprised and how nice they were packaged.
90C5BB3A-9FAF-4315-918E-73B1BF73B108.jpeg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
This thread inspired me to pick up some pearls. I ordered from the Pearl Source over the weekend and they arrived yesterday. Just dipping my toe into pearls- these are pretty affordable freshwater, 7-8 mm I believe, 18 inches with a white gold clasp. I thought they were pretty and I was pleasantly surprised and how nice they were packaged.

That's a most flattering length on you
Enjoy =)2
And as our pearl princesss say around here
welcome to the nacre side

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I love this stack. The colors simply pop on your skin.
Keep wearing your pearls and post them here. I love seeing you wearing them. :)

So. Confession time. I really don't ever wear jewellery at home. I've got pieces that used to be staples that haven't seen the light of day in over a year. And I know that's so bad for organic materials!! So I'm using this thread as personal incentive to actually wear my d*mn pearls. And after three days of daily wear... I got dressed today and had a "do I really have to?" moment.

"Yes. Yes, oh my goodness, you really have to. If you won't wear them you shouldn't own them!!"

So here's today's #I'mTrying stack :lol: Vintage coral and pearls. 6-6.5mm akoya gemmies from Andrew Moline. The larger coral beads are from an antique strand that I bought as "angel skin", but I wouldn't call them that - I'd call them "salmon"; I had them strung them with baby 14k RG beads. The smallers are from a strand that's been in my family for eons. They show their age - someone was terribly careless with these poor darlings! But the beads are small enough that the crazing and chipping isn't really noticeable... I'm hoping I can hydrate them into stability, at least for another generation or two ::)

803BBA7E-B01B-488B-B090-9595658DBA53.jpeg

6F25D0C4-F7D4-46CB-B4DE-50E3AA57AB47.jpeg

Ugh I am soooo helplessly jealous that this color of coral looks so good on you! I love. that. color..but alas, my love for pale orangey pinks will forever be unrequited! :lol: It would absolutely dissolve into my skin...

But it looks amazing on you, so at least I can live vicariously!

And your gemmies from Andrew positively glow! No surprise there... :kiss2:

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock

Love this look on you - with the collared shirt and cute bob! Perfect combo of casual and polished!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
These earings are quite probably the nicest thing i own
they came in a very generouse care/encouragement/ project package from 3 very generouse PSers 20210312_213001.jpg
They will be my benchmarck of luster when i purchase future pearls
They are
7-7.5mm "AAA" akoya
They are sp beautiful and i feel very spoilt and fortunate to receive them and the other things in the most extraordinary little mystery box

They look soo beautiful on you! I love your strand as well.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results