shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you wearing today? Pearl edition!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Today's stack ::) Sea of Cortez from the farm in MX and baby freshwaters from Little H.

I restrung the SoC a few days ago and removed a pearl to shorten. Length is perfect now but I'm not happy with my stringing... I'll redo it at some point.

The baby FW bracelet has the cutest clasp! Those baby ball clasps are precious. This one also needs to be restrung - it's too long, and the gimp gaffe is an eyesore, but I'm not feeling up to dealing with seed pearls just yet :???:

SOC1.png
SOC2.png
SOC3.png

These are from Mikimoto :)) better pics in this post https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/a-visit-to-mikimoto-nyc-and-musings.264641/post-4933938

The Sea of Cortez pearls are so otherworldly. I like the pink thread. The baby akoya are darling and yes, that is a darling little gold clasp.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Today's stack ::) Sea of Cortez from the farm in MX and baby freshwaters from Little H.

I restrung the SoC a few days ago and removed a pearl to shorten. Length is perfect now but I'm not happy with my stringing... I'll redo it at some point.

The baby FW bracelet has the cutest clasp! Those baby ball clasps are precious. This one also needs to be restrung - it's too long, and the gimp gaffe is an eyesore, but I'm not feeling up to dealing with seed pearls just yet :???:

SOC1.png
SOC2.png
SOC3.png

These are from Mikimoto :)) better pics in this post https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/a-visit-to-mikimoto-nyc-and-musings.264641/post-4933938

Ohhh I love the pink thread with those pearls!!!

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Wore this to my pfizer jab today. I used Pattye's Storm for this strand. Despite wanting to go funky with a bright thread, I'm simply not adventurous enough :lol: Removed 3 pearls from the original strand, including the bi-color one. (Half is green-toned yellow and it clashed against my skin) This strand is an inch longer than the GSS and the front kind of dips into a V shape because they are round/shorter width wise and my collar bones push it out on the sides. I might have to remove one more to get the rounded drape. It was pulled back for photos so it didn't dip weird here.

159133026_430789221349861_7426098810465975164_n.jpg 160061440_174964500952442_7309317592870112841_n.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The dark thread works! A bright burgundy would work too though...

I hear you on collarbones pushing strands into weird places. I like them rounded too - clearly rounded or a clear V is great, but the in-between looks like it doesn’t know what it wants to be...

I live in sports bras. I discovered that I don’t currently own any other sort, actually. But they don’t let longer strands drape... I told the other half I need to go real bra shopping so I can wear my WF station rope. He told me to buy as many as I thought I needed plus a couple more. Poor fellow :lol:

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
A bright burgundy would work too though...

I have pattye's Wine thread in the cart! Will try that one in the next go. Stringing and knotting is strangely therapeutic, I've been doing a couple strands a night, making FW bracelets for my friends' kids. Bras? What bras? haha I've worn a bra maybe 7 times since a year ago and all are sports bras. They love being free!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have pattye's Wine thread in the cart! Will try that one in the next go. Stringing and knotting is strangely therapeutic, I've been doing a couple strands a night, making FW bracelets for my friends' kids. Bras? What bras? haha I've worn a bra maybe 7 times since a year ago and all are sports bras. They love being free!

We just watched Born Free. How fitting. Puns not planned but I’ll take the wins :bigsmile:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
This has been me the last 3 days
Its getting colder so an extra singlet !
Mum's pearls that need a restring - i don't wear them out of the house but i got a bit paranoid from that yellowing pearl thread and i thought about the years they laungeshed in the soliciter's safe with mum's other jewlery when she was in care
They are kind of cream - but that's ok
i gave them a wash from bottled water

20210312_213058.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
These earings are quite probably the nicest thing i own
they came in a very generouse care/encouragement/ project package from 3 very generouse PSers 20210312_213001.jpg
They will be my benchmarck of luster when i purchase future pearls
They are
7-7.5mm "AAA" akoya
They are sp beautiful and i feel very spoilt and fortunate to receive them and the other things in the most extraordinary little mystery box

Last edited:

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
These earings are quite probably the nicest thing i own
they came in a very generouse care/encouragement/ project package from 3 very generouse PSers 20210312_213001.jpg
They will be my benchmarck of luster when i purchase future pearls
They are
7-7.5mm "AAA" akoya
They are sp beautiful and i feel very spoilt and fortunate to receive them and the other things in the most extraordinary little mystery box

Gorgeous!

Mukti

Shiny_Rock

SOC1.png
SOC2.png
SOC3.png

Those SoC pearls are to die for!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the babies @stracci2000 - they look great and so wearable. Not that I’d turn my nose up at some chunky tahitians if they fell my way, but I do like the littles!

They are so easy to wear, I can't feel them at all.
Of course, I do love the weight of big pearls.....:razz:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
"Elegant". @Mukti - I had the same thought. Such an elegant and timeless combo.
This strand of baby FW pearls are from a local bead shop.
They are really lustrous and shiny. I restrung them yesterday.
I was inspired by @MakingTheGrade and her baby akoyas
IMG_20210315_104158.jpg
I'm wearing them with my 8mm akoya studs IMG_20210315_104531653.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So. Confession time. I really don't ever wear jewellery at home. I've got pieces that used to be staples that haven't seen the light of day in over a year. And I know that's so bad for organic materials!! So I'm using this thread as personal incentive to actually wear my d*mn pearls. And after three days of daily wear... I got dressed today and had a "do I really have to?" moment.

"Yes. Yes, oh my goodness, you really have to. If you won't wear them you shouldn't own them!!"

So here's today's #I'mTrying stack :lol: Vintage coral and pearls. 6-6.5mm akoya gemmies from Andrew Moline. The larger coral beads are from an antique strand that I bought as "angel skin", but I wouldn't call them that - I'd call them "salmon"; I had them strung them with baby 14k RG beads. The smallers are from a strand that's been in my family for eons. They show their age - someone was terribly careless with these poor darlings! But the beads are small enough that the crazing and chipping isn't really noticeable... I'm hoping I can hydrate them into stability, at least for another generation or two ::)

803BBA7E-B01B-488B-B090-9595658DBA53.jpeg

6F25D0C4-F7D4-46CB-B4DE-50E3AA57AB47.jpeg

Last edited:

Mukti

Shiny_Rock
So. Confession time. I really don't ever wear jewellery at home. I've got pieces that used to be staples that haven't seen the light of day in over a year. And I know that's so bad for organic materials!! So I'm using this thread as personal incentive to actually wear my d*mn pearls. And after three days of daily wear... I got dressed today and had a "do I really have to?" moment.

"Yes. Yes, oh my goodness, you really have to. If you won't wear them you shouldn't own them!!"

So here's today's #I'mTrying stack :lol: Vintage coral and pearls. 6-6.5mm akoya gemmies from Andrew Moline. The larger coral beads are from an antique strand that I bought as "angel skin", but I wouldn't call them that - I'd call them "salmon"; I had them strung them with baby 14k RG beads. The smallers are from a strand that's been in my family for eons. They show their age - someone was terribly careless with these poor darlings! But the beads are small enough that the crazing and chipping isn't really noticeable... I'm hoping I can hydrate them into stability, at least for another generation or two ::)

I love this stack. The colors simply pop on your skin.
Keep wearing your pearls and post them here. I love seeing you wearing them. :)

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Pearls and coral......so perfect!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
They are 7-7.5mm "AAA" akoya

Keep it up Yssie !
Love the colour combo

BrownGinger

Shiny_Rock
That’s really beautiful!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
@yssie Oh yes to the angelskin coral. How pretty!

I'm in tokki and jade for St Patrick's day greening. I have emeralds...but meh.

20210317_093208.jpg

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This strand of baby FW pearls are from a local bead shop.
They are really lustrous and shiny. I restrung them yesterday.
I was inspired by @MakingTheGrade and her baby akoyas
IMG_20210315_104158.jpg
I'm wearing them with my 8mm akoya studs IMG_20210315_104531653.jpg

I love this strand. I can see you adding a removable, antique or vintage pendant to it. :)

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wore this to my pfizer jab today. I used Pattye's Storm for this strand. Despite wanting to go funky with a bright thread, I'm simply not adventurous enough :lol: Removed 3 pearls from the original strand, including the bi-color one. (Half is green-toned yellow and it clashed against my skin) This strand is an inch longer than the GSS and the front kind of dips into a V shape because they are round/shorter width wise and my collar bones push it out on the sides. I might have to remove one more to get the rounded drape. It was pulled back for photos so it didn't dip weird here.

159133026_430789221349861_7426098810465975164_n.jpg 160061440_174964500952442_7309317592870112841_n.jpg

Lovely! I think taking away that one pearl has IMHO totally changed the look of the strand. It looks very uniform and lustrous.

Mukti

Shiny_Rock
@yssie Oh yes to the angelskin coral. How pretty!

I'm in tokki and jade for St Patrick's day greening. I have emeralds...but meh.

20210317_093208.jpg

I'm loving the combo! The jade earrings look pretty and comfortable for the ears too. Those tokkis are cute.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results