shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you wearing/did you wear for your engagement photos?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
I''ll post what I''m thinking about for mine later, but please share with me!

PrincessMiaPuff

Shiny_Rock
I had a dress but now I currently looking for more of casual feel. I am very girly love pink and looking for a nice casual dress with sparkly white flip flops. But haven''t found the dress yet. If any one has seen anything let me know
5.gif

Morgie44

Brilliant_Rock
We are doing one dressy outfit and one casual. For dressy I have a black ang white bold print skirt and black shirt with red shoes and FI is wearing a black button down and nice jeans or maybe khakis. The other, we are going to do jeans and probably a bright cardigan cute heels and FI will wear a coordinating polo or button down and jeans.

PearlDahhhling

Brilliant_Rock
I just purchased my outfit for our e-pics next Tuesday!

This dress in light yellow. Not sure why it''s not online in yellow (they have it in white too in-store for anyone looking for a cute, simple rehearsal dinner dress!) but it''s very pretty. I orignally wanted it in pink, but when I saw the yellow, I fell in love!
30.gif

These shoes which I''m hoping will be cute with the light yellow!

I''m looking for some kind of wrap or sweater or something in case it''s cold. I might just wear a sweater I already have, but I''m thinking cute little cardigan.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
We did a dressy/casual outfit, and then a fun outfit.

Our dressy casual:
FI wore a light blue button down with an ivory boroque print tie, tied loosly around his neck, with dark denim jeans
I wore semi dark jeans, with a slate grey silk top and black stilletos

Our "Fun" outfit:
FI wore tennis shoes, denim jeans, and his Texans jersey
I wore the denim jeans, with white tennis shoes, and my Cowboys jersey

I talked with my photog today, and I''m supposed to get them today or tomorrow, so I''ll come back and post a picture!!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I keep playing with the idea of engagement pictures...I wouldn''t have any idea of what to wear...

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
But I''m sure you know exactly what shoes to wear!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Never. When you have a bajillion shoes, it''s hard to pick which ones to wear. Something blue though for sure.

katamari

Ideal_Rock
I am still trying to decide, but I think I am wearing this J.Crew dress with a short cardigan for our dressy pics and some trouser jeans and a fitted tee shirt for our casual one.

kat.epics.dress.jpg

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
I wore a navy colored shirt at a black fitted skirt I also wore Louboutin Hot Pink shoes but you didn''t see them in most of my engagement pics. We didn''t do a wardrobe change.

The navy and black sounds weird so I''ll give you a pics...sorry bout the blurred faces. I wanted something really modern for my pics and as you can see my fiance went all out with his outfit choice...lol

engagement4em1oufit.jpg

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I'm wearing this Alfred Angelo in sage (my wedding color). Also, just bought these Te Casan/Natalie Portman shoes from Rue La La for $69! I wasn't initially thinking of them for my engagement photos, but after getting them, I think they'll be perfect.

A minor off-topic rant regarding the shoes, though...the ballerina-style ankle strap DOESN'T FIT around my ankles!!! I never EVER thought I had fat ankles. Hmph. They look like they're designed for wrists instead of ankles! I just took them to a shoe repair shop to have the strap shortened to be a slingback instead, because I just can't return or sell shoes that are this fabulous!

ETA: Also doing a casual outfit...probably jeans and a long or 3/4 sleeve shirt with the same shoes.

pretty shoe.jpg

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/2/2009 6:43:07 PM
Author: meresal
We did a dressy/casual outfit, and then a fun outfit.

Our dressy casual:

FI wore a light blue button down with an ivory boroque print tie, tied loosly around his neck, with dark denim jeans

I wore semi dark jeans, with a slate grey silk top and black stilletos

Our ''Fun'' outfit:

FI wore tennis shoes, denim jeans, and his Texans jersey

I wore the denim jeans, with white tennis shoes, and my Cowboys jersey

I talked with my photog today, and I''m supposed to get them today or tomorrow, so I''ll come back and post a picture!!

I really like the idea of wearing different jerseys. I just suggested to FI that we do Boston/Yankee hats or t-shirts for our engagement pics and he likes the idea. Thanks Mer! Are we seeing those pics today by any chance???
31.gif

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
So where''s yours, alli?

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
I wore a grey sweaterdress with a hot pink camisole and hot pink shoes for the dressy pics. FI wore black slacks and a cream and grey striped button down with dress shoes. This is one of the few full body pics that has both of our outfits.

020709HotchkissEngagement140.jpg

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
For the casual pics, we both wore jeans and a black polo. Here''s a pic. None of the full length pics are resized, but this gives you a good idea.

02272009Hotchkiss Engagement362.jpg

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
We didn''t do engagement photos, but if we had, I would have worn a brightly-colored daytime dress. Maybe purple or blue or green (which are really the only colors I wear), or even pink.

I have a little boutique I like to go to when I don''t know what to wear for an occasion (and I''m willing to buy something new), because the guy who owns it is always willing to dress & accessorize me and he has fantastic taste. He styled me for my bridal shower...

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, please be honest...

I''m thinking about this dress (which is actually turquoise)

90247510.jpg

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
with these shoes:

D25848_A.png

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock

The thing is, I mostly really just wear black and I have a ton of cute black jersey dresses--but I feel like with the engagement photos we're having done, I would look so...somber...in black. They're not like the formal in-studio photos I've seen--they're more like "hey, we're going to run around the city and take some fun, artsy pics"...

I realllllly can't buy a new dress for the pictures, but what do you ladies think?

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Love the turquoise dress!

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
oh yeah, and the other thing is that my wedding colors are like autumnal--browns and golds and burnt oranges...and I might use some of these photos either for save the dates and/or tables or something...

I guess I could do black and white for those? I need help, girls!

amcgookin

Shiny_Rock
I post some pics to give you an idea of what we wore...

The dressier one I wore a cute dress (see pic) and he wore slacks and a button down shirt. He also had a coat, but that was off in a lot of the photos...

afengagement3.jpg

amcgookin

Shiny_Rock
The dressed down outfit still wasn''t all the dressed down but cute nonetheless... I wore a dress and he wore dark jeans and a button down shirt untucked.

None of these outfits match the colors we are doing in our wedding... I just liked the dresses
1.gif

af engagement2.jpg

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock

Okay, I made FI take pictures of me in like all of my dresses, and I want all of your opinions. Some disclaimers:

1. They are all wrinkled and they obviously won't be when I get my photos done.
2. I am like 40x wider than I wish I was right now.
3. But, FI is taller than I am and was taking them from an unflattering angle (but, yeah, see #2).
4. I'll be wearing heels.
5. Sorry for the crappy background--I wasn't thinking about that when I took them. duh!
6. I do, in reality, have a head.

Also, my wedding colors are chocolate brown, burnt orange and gold...

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
Dress 1

esq dress 1.JPG

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
Dress 2

esq dress 2.JPG

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
Dress 3

esq dress 3.JPG

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
Dress 4 (yes, I really do have this many black dresses--they actually look slightly different from each in real life, I swear!)

esq dress 4.JPG

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
I know you''re still posting, but SHUT UP! You have a great little figure. Geez!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results