Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you wearing/did you wear for your engagement photos?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
I''ll post what I''m thinking about for mine later, but please share with me!

PrincessMiaPuff

Shiny_Rock
I had a dress but now I currently looking for more of casual feel. I am very girly love pink and looking for a nice casual dress with sparkly white flip flops. But haven''t found the dress yet. If any one has seen anything let me know

Morgie44

Brilliant_Rock
We are doing one dressy outfit and one casual. For dressy I have a black ang white bold print skirt and black shirt with red shoes and FI is wearing a black button down and nice jeans or maybe khakis. The other, we are going to do jeans and probably a bright cardigan cute heels and FI will wear a coordinating polo or button down and jeans.

PearlDahhhling

Brilliant_Rock
I just purchased my outfit for our e-pics next Tuesday!

This dress in light yellow. Not sure why it''s not online in yellow (they have it in white too in-store for anyone looking for a cute, simple rehearsal dinner dress!) but it''s very pretty. I orignally wanted it in pink, but when I saw the yellow, I fell in love!

These shoes which I''m hoping will be cute with the light yellow!

I''m looking for some kind of wrap or sweater or something in case it''s cold. I might just wear a sweater I already have, but I''m thinking cute little cardigan.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
We did a dressy/casual outfit, and then a fun outfit.

Our dressy casual:
FI wore a light blue button down with an ivory boroque print tie, tied loosly around his neck, with dark denim jeans
I wore semi dark jeans, with a slate grey silk top and black stilletos

Our "Fun" outfit:
FI wore tennis shoes, denim jeans, and his Texans jersey
I wore the denim jeans, with white tennis shoes, and my Cowboys jersey

I talked with my photog today, and I''m supposed to get them today or tomorrow, so I''ll come back and post a picture!!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I keep playing with the idea of engagement pictures...I wouldn''t have any idea of what to wear...

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Never. When you have a bajillion shoes, it''s hard to pick which ones to wear. Something blue though for sure.

katamari

Ideal_Rock
I am still trying to decide, but I think I am wearing this J.Crew dress with a short cardigan for our dressy pics and some trouser jeans and a fitted tee shirt for our casual one.

kat.epics.dress.jpg

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
I wore a navy colored shirt at a black fitted skirt I also wore Louboutin Hot Pink shoes but you didn''t see them in most of my engagement pics. We didn''t do a wardrobe change.

The navy and black sounds weird so I''ll give you a pics...sorry bout the blurred faces. I wanted something really modern for my pics and as you can see my fiance went all out with his outfit choice...lol

engagement4em1oufit.jpg

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I'm wearing this Alfred Angelo in sage (my wedding color). Also, just bought these Te Casan/Natalie Portman shoes from Rue La La for $69! I wasn't initially thinking of them for my engagement photos, but after getting them, I think they'll be perfect.

A minor off-topic rant regarding the shoes, though...the ballerina-style ankle strap DOESN'T FIT around my ankles!!! I never EVER thought I had fat ankles. Hmph. They look like they're designed for wrists instead of ankles! I just took them to a shoe repair shop to have the strap shortened to be a slingback instead, because I just can't return or sell shoes that are this fabulous!

ETA: Also doing a casual outfit...probably jeans and a long or 3/4 sleeve shirt with the same shoes.

pretty shoe.jpg

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/2/2009 6:43:07 PM
Author: meresal
We did a dressy/casual outfit, and then a fun outfit.

Our dressy casual:

FI wore a light blue button down with an ivory boroque print tie, tied loosly around his neck, with dark denim jeans

I wore semi dark jeans, with a slate grey silk top and black stilletos

Our ''Fun'' outfit:

FI wore tennis shoes, denim jeans, and his Texans jersey

I wore the denim jeans, with white tennis shoes, and my Cowboys jersey

I talked with my photog today, and I''m supposed to get them today or tomorrow, so I''ll come back and post a picture!!
I really like the idea of wearing different jerseys. I just suggested to FI that we do Boston/Yankee hats or t-shirts for our engagement pics and he likes the idea. Thanks Mer! Are we seeing those pics today by any chance???

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
I wore a grey sweaterdress with a hot pink camisole and hot pink shoes for the dressy pics. FI wore black slacks and a cream and grey striped button down with dress shoes. This is one of the few full body pics that has both of our outfits.

020709HotchkissEngagement140.jpg

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
For the casual pics, we both wore jeans and a black polo. Here''s a pic. None of the full length pics are resized, but this gives you a good idea.

02272009Hotchkiss Engagement362.jpg

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
We didn''t do engagement photos, but if we had, I would have worn a brightly-colored daytime dress. Maybe purple or blue or green (which are really the only colors I wear), or even pink.

I have a little boutique I like to go to when I don''t know what to wear for an occasion (and I''m willing to buy something new), because the guy who owns it is always willing to dress & accessorize me and he has fantastic taste. He styled me for my bridal shower...

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, please be honest...

I''m thinking about this dress (which is actually turquoise)

90247510.jpg

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock

The thing is, I mostly really just wear black and I have a ton of cute black jersey dresses--but I feel like with the engagement photos we're having done, I would look so...somber...in black. They're not like the formal in-studio photos I've seen--they're more like "hey, we're going to run around the city and take some fun, artsy pics"...

I realllllly can't buy a new dress for the pictures, but what do you ladies think?

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Love the turquoise dress!

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
oh yeah, and the other thing is that my wedding colors are like autumnal--browns and golds and burnt oranges...and I might use some of these photos either for save the dates and/or tables or something...

I guess I could do black and white for those? I need help, girls!

amcgookin

Shiny_Rock
I post some pics to give you an idea of what we wore...

The dressier one I wore a cute dress (see pic) and he wore slacks and a button down shirt. He also had a coat, but that was off in a lot of the photos...

afengagement3.jpg

amcgookin

Shiny_Rock
The dressed down outfit still wasn''t all the dressed down but cute nonetheless... I wore a dress and he wore dark jeans and a button down shirt untucked.

None of these outfits match the colors we are doing in our wedding... I just liked the dresses

af engagement2.jpg

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock

Okay, I made FI take pictures of me in like all of my dresses, and I want all of your opinions. Some disclaimers:

1. They are all wrinkled and they obviously won't be when I get my photos done.
2. I am like 40x wider than I wish I was right now.
3. But, FI is taller than I am and was taking them from an unflattering angle (but, yeah, see #2).
4. I'll be wearing heels.
5. Sorry for the crappy background--I wasn't thinking about that when I took them. duh!
6. I do, in reality, have a head.

Also, my wedding colors are chocolate brown, burnt orange and gold...

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
Dress 4 (yes, I really do have this many black dresses--they actually look slightly different from each in real life, I swear!)

esq dress 4.JPG

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
I know you''re still posting, but SHUT UP! You have a great little figure. Geez!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    An Excellent K Color Graded Diamond
    An Excellent K Color Graded Diamond
    Astounding AVR
    Astounding AVR
    Cushion Cut- Three Ways
    Cushion Cut- Three Ways

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.