shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you wearing/did you wear for your engagement photos?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
Dress 5

esq dress 5.JPG

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
Dress 6 (not sure why it looks like I''m about to run out of the room here...omg, I''m the worst poser EVER! can you tell I''m having major anxiety about these photos?!)

esq dress 6.JPG

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
Dress 7 (yes, this is a dress and not gaucho pants--it's just real wrinkled--and I'd wear it probably with a cami of some kind)

esq dress 7.JPG

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
and the back of dress 7 to get a better idea of what it really looks like in the skirt region) (and to get a nice look at my butt. or something. I''m loopy, pardon me.)

esq dress 7 back.JPG

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, i realize I have a ridiculous number of similar-looking dresses. You should have seen FI''s eyes roll to the back of his head every single time I came out with another dress (there were more, but these are the only ones that are even possible, imo).

Okay, sorry for all the whining. Please, for goodness sake, help me, girls!!!!!
33.gif
33.gif
33.gif

amcgookin

Shiny_Rock
My favorites are dress #2, #6 and #7. They all have flattering necklines I think. Are you just going to wear one outfit or are you planning on chaging part way through? If you are then I always love the look of a cute pair of jeans, heals and a cute top. I didn''t do this, buuuuut if I had chosen a different place where I was shooting then I would have done that.

Where are you doing your engagement shoot? This might also dictate a little bit of what you might wear. My first location was at the LA Union train station and the second at the Disney Concert Hall in LA. I didn''t think jeans and a t-shirt was appropriate for the Disney Concert Hall.

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
thank you for responding, Alison!!

we''re only doing one outfit...

I''m not 100% sure where we''re going to be having the photos--probably mostly in the park, but probably a few in a bar somewhere (FI actually proposed to me in a bar almost a year ago--funny, and pretty "us")...

amcgookin

Shiny_Rock
No problem... I totally agonized over what I was going to wear for weeks. I ended up spending a ridiclious amount of money for my first outfit just to get it 100% right... lol.

Well if your setting is going to be a park and then a bar or something then I would say go with dress #6. I think that one is SUPER flattering on you. Love the neckline... sexy & classy without being trashy! I like the blue/gray for the outside pictures. I think the black dress could be too formal and dark for a more casual setting like a park. Plus you could get him a great shirt to compliment the color of your dress.

What is your finace planning on wearing?

PS: Love the bar proposal... I met my fiance in a bar!
9.gif
Not only bad things happen in bars!!!!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
I have dress #7. It's BCBG??? Do not wear a cardigan with it!!!
29.gif
You better put on some hot heels and ROCK the crap out of that thing!!!
2.gif

ETA: More specifically.. I wear gold round toe heels with 3 small gold bangles.

ETA: My favorite is dress #2, but I'm a black/brown/tan/white kind of girl, and usually add color with accents, like shoes or a necklace. I think it would look really pretty with turquiose jewelry.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like color. I say the turquoise, or grayish blue!!!!!

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/10/2009 2:31:42 PM
Author: meresal
I have dress #7. It's BCBG??? Do not wear a cardigan with it!!!
29.gif
2.gif

LOL...yes, it is BCBG...I wouldn't wear a cardigan, but I was going to wear a camisole, underneath it--it seems to show a litle too much of my boob (and not in a sexy way, but in more of a desheveled way)

I was thinking of wearing these puppies--are they cute enough? They I reeeeally need gold shoes, but I don't have them and am way too broke at the moment...

Photo_04esq.jpg

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/10/2009 2:43:30 PM
Author: FrekeChild
I like color. I say the turquoise, or grayish blue!!!!!
but I feel like I look so wide in those
39.gif

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/10/2009 2:46:59 PM
Author: alli_esq

Date: 4/10/2009 2:31:42 PM
Author: meresal
I have dress #7. It''s BCBG??? Do not wear a cardigan with it!!!
29.gif
2.gif

LOL...yes, it is BCBG...I wouldn''t wear a cardigan, but I was going to wear a camisole, underneath it--it seems to show a litle too much of my boob (and not in a sexy way, but in more of a desheveled way)
I was thinking of wearing these puppies--are they cute enough? They I reeeeally need gold shoes, but I don''t have them and am way too broke at the moment...
Ohh, yes, I''m a 34D and I HAVE to wear a safety pin. I could post some pictures of me in that dress that are quite amusing, to say the least...
27.gif

I edited my earlier post, that I actually think the #2 dress with some turquoise jewelry would be really cute. However, I''m a neutral color kinda girl, and like to add color with accents like shoes or jewelry.

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
meresal, what did you think of those shoes? honestly?

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/10/2009 3:07:29 PM
meresal, what did you think of those shoes? honestly?
Honestly... I have a pair that looks just like them but without the strap and a slightly thinner heel. I wouldn''t wear them with that dress. I''m on my blackberry right now so I can''t link it, but if you can find my "back from my trip with a new York size smile" thread, then you can see what I wore with it. I wore that dress the night I got engaged.

katamari

Ideal_Rock
I like 1, 6, and 4 best--in that order. I think I would like 5 best if it was shortened a bit, but alterations on this dress could be pricey, since they would have to do it from the waist to keep the detail. Actually, I think dresses 1 and 6 could be shortened an inch or so and would look even better.

Oh, and hush with the wideness! You have a great figure! Curves are HOT!

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
I'm in love with #5... my only concern is that i love you in COLOR! (Well, what I saw of you, I loved in color!) Some of the other black dresses are tres pretty, but remind me more of cocktail dresses. #5 is a nice mix between dressy and.... erm.. semi-dressy?

The detail is really pretty, too, and it makes the outfit *pop* a bit more. Plus it doesn't seem too low cut, and looks great on your figure.

ps... You really, truly don't look wide! You just have an hourglass shape... You're itty bitty in your waist, and your bust and hips have sexy curves! Figures like that are TDF!!

Moving on... now that I sound like I totally lust over the ladies... I swear I love boys
1.gif
My fave femmie figure is just that, though... A feminine one!

ETA I did a second glance-through and DEFINITELY like 5 the best... and part of it has to do with the length. I like that it's more of a tea-length... Not as crazy about the knee/above the knee dresses. Though still cute, I think a bit longer is better for pictures.

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
how do people feel about #7 with these shoes?

D26647_A.png

Sizzle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/10/2009 4:23:22 PM
how do people feel about #7 with these shoes?
YEes, I really like these! I like the other ones too, but not with this dress.

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
oh you guys, I''m so puzzled.

I am not opposed to color, but I feel like the turquoise (#1) and grayish-blue (#6) dresses aren''t as flattering as I want to look...

And I really like the #2 and #5, but should I really wear BLACK?

I do love wearing #7, but I''m not sure I don''t look like a house/super desheveled.

So far, my friends that I''ve asked have chosen #2, #5 and #7 for me. But if I''m going to wear #7, I''d need to buy those shoes (I really don''t have others that work). And if I''m going to wear black--I really don''t know what jewelry I''d wear. I don''t tend to wear big statement jewelry...I wear pearl earrings and this ring almost every day...

IMG_0364esq.jpg

DMBFiredancer

Brilliant_Rock
I would choose the dress that makes you feel the most beautiful and confident, since that will shine through in photos. I wearing a black jersey dress for shots outiside a hotel and in bar. Then I''m wearing jeans and a tank or tee for beach shots. If we have time we are going to the baseball field with our jerseys for action shots.

Wear what makes you feel best!!! That''s my advice because that''s what I did when choosing my dress.
Oh, and yes I do know I am way late on our engagement pics. LOL. I''m a procrastinator.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
I say go for the black since you like that the most. My favorite is #2.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Hi alli_esq,

How are you? You seem to be agonizing over your choices. It seems to me that the best compromise would be #2. I think it''s the most flattering and you are comfortable in black. I would probably wear that and dress it up with statement jewelery and shoes that match a bit with the jewelery. Maybe red jwelery with a killer red peep toe (I don''t know what you have in your closet, just throwing stuff out there.)

In my closet I have a killer dark red patent leather shoe (spiked heel) I know that sounds ugly, but it''s gorgeous. So I would take that and add some funky jewlery in that tone, but not an exact match because I don''t like matchy-matchy.

Do you want to share some of you color shoes with us?

ETA: I think the reason I prefer the second dress is because the straps are thinner. You have beautiful slender arms and shoulders (Your wedding dress is one of my FAVORITES) so I think thick straps make you look bulkier then you are. I would LIVE in sweetheart neckline with thin straps, or sheath style dress to show off my arms if I had the same upper body.

DMBFiredancer

Brilliant_Rock
What did you end up picking?

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
Hey, ladies! Thank you all for your opinions!

I''m still in between 2, 5 and 7. I know I am so boring, but I really don''t have much in the way of color shoes! Honestly, almost every single pair of shoes I own are neutral--lots of black, nude, tan...I know, it is so wrong! The only really semi-exciting color shoes I have that are not flats (I really want to wear heels) are the red ones I attached here.

Same with jewelry--I really don''t have fashion jewelry. I''m the worst, I know, but I really have to work with what I have--well, and what my mom has, haha! I''m going to her house tomorrow to rummage through her jewelry and try to find some of her yellow gold, in case I do go with the brown #7 dress. I have one yellow gold and pave heart pendant that I might wear, and we''ll see what my mom has in the way of yellow gold bracelets/rings/earrings. I feel somewhat confident that she''ll have something, knowing her
10.gif

I went shopping with FI today and he picked out a shirt that I think coordinates well with the brown dress #7--it''s a striped brown, white and kind of an aqua color, and it looks really good on him. He has a couple of shirts that he could wear if I decide to go with one of the black ones.

Meanwhile, we''re supposed to have our photos done this coming Wednesday, but we''ll see if the weather holds. Part of me would be happy to put it off longer to give me more time to lose weight, but because I can''t work out (I''m waiting to find out if I need surgery for a cyst doctors found on my ovary as I''ve mentioned elsewhere on PS--don''t mean to saturate all of you with TMI!), I don''t know how much I''ll actually lose, and if I''m going to use these for save the dates, I''m already a bit late, so I shouldn''t push it any later (if I get them out by mid-May, that will be about 6 months before my wedding on 11/20/09).

Meresal--you looked sooo awesome in that dress!! I wish I could pull it off the way you did! I''m much smaller in the bust, but I have my nice big padded bras that help, haha
9.gif

Oh, and katamari, Pils and ally, you are all so awesome--thank you for the compliments. You have no idea how much I''ve been beating myself up after seeing these photos. I am just down because I had started to lose weight when I found out I had to stop working out and I just feel sad that I''m not where I wanted to be at this point. But you are all so sweet. Thank you so much for being so nice
4.gif

9755-554157-d.jpg

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
success--I got some pretty yellow gold jewelry from my mom''s house. I''ll post pics later tonight when I have a moment to take some.

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/10/2009 12:43:18 PM
Author: TheBigT
I know you''re still posting, but SHUT UP! You have a great little figure. Geez!!

Hi Alli, I just wanted to make sure you saw my (obnoxious, but) very honest comment that I posted in between your dress choices. I really think you look lovely, and not "large" at all. And my vote is for dress #5, even though I really like you in turquoise.
I remember when you posted photos of your wedding gown, and you looked beautiful in that, too. It seems that you''re having a really tough time right now, in life and at work, and that probably colors the way your perceive yourself. But you''re going to be a beautiful engaged person in your photos, and you''re going to be a beautiful bride. Promise.

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/13/2009 10:04:04 AM

Date: 4/10/2009 12:43:18 PM
I know you''re still posting, but SHUT UP! You have a great little figure. Geez!!

Hi Alli, I just wanted to make sure you saw my (obnoxious, but) very honest comment that I posted in between your dress choices. I really think you look lovely, and not ''large'' at all. And my vote is for dress #5, even though I really like you in turquoise.
I remember when you posted photos of your wedding gown, and you looked beautiful in that, too. It seems that you''re having a really tough time right now, in life and at work, and that probably colors the way your perceive yourself. But you''re going to be a beautiful engaged person in your photos, and you''re going to be a beautiful bride. Promise.
ohhh, BigT--you are SO nice to say that. Thank you so much
4.gif
You are beyond gorgeous in your dress too, btw--PS is full of seriously beautiful brides!

I think you''re right--I am going through a rough time right now, and it''s hard enough for me to feel pretty on a good day! But I''m hoping things will turn around really soon. Thank you again--you have no idea how much that means to me
16.gif

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
So, we''re postponing our photos until next week because they are predicting rain tomorrow. So I have a few more days to wildly obsess!!

I''m still stuck between 2, 5 and 7. In case I do choose 7, though, I ransacked my mom''s jewelry and found some pretty yellow gold pieces that I''ll share here. I''m terrible at taking photos, so I apologize for the awful quality!

First, I found my old yellow gold hoops, which I had all but forgotten about--I''m definitely going to start wearing these more often
1.gif

Jewelry 005esq.jpg

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
My mom''s old bangle...

Jewelry 008esq.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results