shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you thankful for this year?

This year has been challenging for almost everyone. We are in the middle of a pandemic. However at this time of year I am reflecting on all I am thankful for. Expressing gratitude now seems more essential than ever before. Being thankful for what we do have rather than focusing on what we are missing. Please join me in sharing the good in our lives.

What are you thankful for this year?

calvinandhobbesthanksgiving.gif

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What I am thankful for this year.

1. My DH
2. My parents and sister and nieces and BILs
3. My cats
4. Our feral cats remaining in good health
5. My friends
6. Our comfortable home, food on the table, not having to worry about the essentials
7. Our ability to go outside and enjoy fresh air whether it be via cycling or hiking or simply walking
8. Our finances allowing us to ride out the pandemic and WFH

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thankful for:
1. Continued stable employment. I was very afraid of making the change since it is a different career field but I love my new job!
2. Everyone is healthy and taking 2020 in stride
3. Paid my home off

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Still alive and in reasonable good health
Still have a job that I can work from home
Worked throughout lockdowns
My cat and dog
My mum and brother even though I was not able to go and visit them in May 2020
Others who are dear to me are doing fine and coping with Covid-19
I am progressing well with my clarinet learning and playing

All in all, I am thankful for my lot for 2020, as I am aware there are many who were/are less fortunate than I.

Stay safe and stay strong everyone, hang in there for longer, as there is a light at the end of the tunnel and it is not a train!

DK :))

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thankful we made it through COVID (my worst fear this year)

Thankful we had our finances in order well enough to weather me losing my job

Thankfuk our 13 year old car is still running

Thankful we have a home when so many have lost theirs this year

Thankful all the pets are healthy

Thankful for our kids, even when they are driving me crazy!

Thankful for our kids’ wonderful teachers who are going above and beyond this year.

Thankful for my husband, we have been through a lot, glad we continue to weather the storms together.

Last but not least, thankful for PS and all the wonderful people here, and the bling isn’t bad either;)2

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thankful for:
1. Continued stable employment. I was very afraid of making the change since it is a different career field but I love my new job!
2. Everyone is healthy and taking 2020 in stride
3. Paid my home off

That is much to be thankful for. It’s funny how when we’re young we don’t realize how important good health is. At least I took it for granted. Hope you have a wonderful holiday season. Good health and good cheer.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Still alive and in reasonable good health
Still have a job that I can work from home
Worked throughout lockdowns
My cat and dog
My mum and brother even though I was not able to go and visit them in May 2020
Others who are dear to me are doing fine and coping with Covid-19
I am progressing well with my clarinet learning and playing

All in all, I am thankful for my lot for 2020, as I am aware there are many who were/are less fortunate than I.

Stay safe and stay strong everyone, hang in there for longer, as there is a light at the end of the tunnel and it is not a train!

DK :))

Yes all good stuff. We have clarinet experience in common though I haven’t played for decades. I loved playing the clarinet. Enjoy. And yes there is a light at the end of that proverbial tunnel.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thankful we made it through COVID (my worst fear this year)

Thankful we had our finances in order well enough to weather me losing my job

Thankfuk our 13 year old car is still running

Thankful we have a home when so many have lost theirs this year

Thankful all the pets are healthy

Thankful for our kids, even when they are driving me crazy!

Thankful for our kids’ wonderful teachers who are going above and beyond this year.

Thankful for my husband, we have been through a lot, glad we continue to weather the storms together.

Last but not least, thankful for PS and all the wonderful people here, and the bling isn’t bad either;)2

Haha yes. Agree. Thankful for PS and wonderful PSers.

You have a wonderful relationship with your dh Stephanie. And that’s what it’s about. Being a team weathering the good and bad and all the in between. ❤️

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm thankful for so much...being married to my dh, my family and friends, employment, comfortable home, restful sleep, wfh, bling, my new car from my mom and PS!

Yes to all those wonderful people and things. And I’m so thankful for you. Your warm heart and positive spirit. You brighten up wherever you are. XO.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
our family and friends are healthy so far & hope it stays that way
my husband and i are able to wfh and we're not getting on each other's nerves while we're at it =)

my heart aches for all the pain we keep inflicting on ourselves in the US but grateful it isn't worse and hopeful it will get better

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
1. Grandma is still ok. I was worried she’d catch covid but she hasn’t.
2. Husband got a promotion this year thanks to covid and how terribly his company handled everything (lots of people quit, which fast tracked things for him).
3. I got the position I’ve been working towards for the last 2.5ish years. Not thanks to covid, but in spite of it.
4. My company has handled covid so well. When Seattle was first designated a hot spot they shut our office down (and then the other offices shortly after). They’ve made it clear that they won’t be forcing us back into offices next year. They have been great about keeping us safe and making sure we still have all the tools/ resources to do our jobs. They’ve rolled out so many flexible working options as well because they understand a lot of people have kids/ family members at home they take care of now.
5. We bought a big house with a big lot before covid, making everything that more comfortable. I can’t imagine having to go through the home selling & buying process right now. I could barely handle how rough it was last year... Bidding wars are a no go for me.
6. We have enough that we can share. My old neighbors said they’ve been having to go to a food bank so I took them half our stash last night. When covid first hit we were able to give some of our stash to our neighbors behind us at our current house. My husband randomly decided we needed to start stockpiling before covid was an issue - so we did have a head start though.
7. My husband. Best person ever. He works so hard for us. He leaves a water by my bedside every morning because I get bad headaches that he thinks is worsened by dehydration. He still makes an effort to surprise me.
8. No surgeries for our dog! He’s had one every year since we’ve owned him (only 2, we got him older) but he’s been expensive. I wish I got insurance for him. Surgeries + regular vet bills + emergency vet bills. This year he’s been healthy!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1. Grandma is still ok. I was worried she’d catch covid but she hasn’t.
2. Husband got a promotion this year thanks to covid and how terribly his company handled everything (lots of people quit, which fast tracked things for him).
3. I got the position I’ve been working towards for the last 2.5ish years. Not thanks to covid, but in spite of it.
4. My company has handled covid so well. When Seattle was first designated a hot spot they shut our office down (and then the other offices shortly after). They’ve made it clear that they won’t be forcing us back into offices next year. They have been great about keeping us safe and making sure we still have all the tools/ resources to do our jobs. They’ve rolled out so many flexible working options as well because they understand a lot of people have kids/ family members at home they take care of now.
5. We bought a big house with a big lot before covid, making everything that more comfortable. I can’t imagine having to go through the home selling & buying process right now. I could barely handle how rough it was last year... Bidding wars are a no go for me.
6. We have enough that we can share. My old neighbors said they’ve been having to go to a food bank so I took them half our stash last night. When covid first hit we were able to give some of our stash to our neighbors behind us at our current house. My husband randomly decided we needed to start stockpiling before covid was an issue - so we did have a head start though.
7. My husband. Best person ever. He works so hard for us. He leaves a water by my bedside every morning because I get bad headaches that he thinks is worsened by dehydration. He still makes an effort to surprise me.
8. No surgeries for our dog! He’s had one every year since we’ve owned him (only 2, we got him older) but he’s been expensive. I wish I got insurance for him. Surgeries + regular vet bills + emergency vet bills. This year he’s been healthy!

Yay!!! A wonderful list ❤️

Bling pics, the existence of chocolate, good health, and the kindness of new friends and strangers.

Yassss. And yummm. :)

our family and friends are healthy so far & hope it stays that way
my husband and i are able to wfh and we're not getting on each other's nerves while we're at it =)

my heart aches for all the pain we keep inflicting on ourselves in the US but grateful it isn't worse and hopeful it will get better

So glad it’s going smoothly wfh and may everyone remain well. Same re heart aching for all those suffering:(

Looking forward to better and less worrisome times. ❤️

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thankful we’re almost there in terms of a vaccine, which will help us all get back to some kind of normality in the not too distant future.

Thankful that our family and friends are all doing well and are healthy.

Thankful that this horrible year is almost over!

Thankful for my PS friends who are always there to listen and help brighten my day and who share their lives with me.

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
1. I'm thankful everyone i know that has had Covid fully recovered quickly, including my only daughter, her boyfriend and his family, and my best friend's whole family including the toddler grandchildren.

2. I'm thankful for the 6 weeks I had off this spring (I'm medical, so no working from home) to help my youngest 3 deal with online learning, as well as be home with my daughter before she moved out for college.

3. I'm thankful to have both of my Grandmothers still, both in their 90s, healthy, and living independently! One power walks 4 miles a day in her mountain neighborhood, the other is on ZERO prescription meds!

4. I'm grateful that my amazing husband has worked so hard all these years so if I lose my job we can sustain our lifestyle, and have enough to be blessings for others too.

5. I'm of course thankful for all of my 5 children, their health, my parents, in laws, etc.

And so much more that is more than I deserve!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Its defiantly been another hard year for us
But we live in a country that has handled the pandemic better than most
Gary's eyes are getting better, we just need the cataract surgery

And Bruce Springsteen is fit and healthy and safe plus giving us new releavent music - something fans of Tom Petty, Prince, Bowie and a sad long list of others cannot say the same
So yes, still plenty to be thankful for

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Honestly Missy I am thankful for everything I used to take for granted. My family, my house, my friends,my job, my pets. These times are so stressful.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Yes to all those wonderful people and things. And I’m so thankful for you. Your warm heart and positive spirit. You brighten up wherever you are. XO.

Thank you sweet Missy. Everyday I'm thankful for you. Your unconditional love and joy makes me so grateful. I always send lots of love and hugs to you. You brighten the lives of many and I'm beyond grateful to be your friend.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thankful we’re almost there in terms of a vaccine, which will help us all get back to some kind of normality in the not too distant future.

Thankful that our family and friends are all doing well and are healthy.

Thankful that this horrible year is almost over!

Thankful for my PS friends who are always there to listen and help brighten my day and who share their lives with me.

Yes! And thankful for you being here @Austina and offline too. Good things are coming for all of us. Hugs and continued well wishes. XO.

1. I'm thankful everyone i know that has had Covid fully recovered quickly, including my only daughter, her boyfriend and his family, and my best friend's whole family including the toddler grandchildren.

2. I'm thankful for the 6 weeks I had off this spring (I'm medical, so no working from home) to help my youngest 3 deal with online learning, as well as be home with my daughter before she moved out for college.

3. I'm thankful to have both of my Grandmothers still, both in their 90s, healthy, and living independently! One power walks 4 miles a day in her mountain neighborhood, the other is on ZERO prescription meds!

4. I'm grateful that my amazing husband has worked so hard all these years so if I lose my job we can sustain our lifestyle, and have enough to be blessings for others too.

5. I'm of course thankful for all of my 5 children, their health, my parents, in laws, etc.

And so much more that is more than I deserve!

You are so fortunate and have much to be grateful for. It is amazing you have both your grandmothers still with you and who both live independently. They sound awesome. Family/loved ones are truly everything.

Its defiantly been another hard year for us
But we live in a country that has handled the pandemic better than most
Gary's eyes are getting better, we just need the cataract surgery

And Bruce Springsteen is fit and healthy and safe plus giving us new releavent music - something fans of Tom Petty, Prince, Bowie and a sad long list of others cannot say the same
So yes, still plenty to be thankful for

Love your list Daisy and so pleased that Gary's eyes are improving. May that continue and may he get the cataract surgery he needs soon. LOL re Bruce Springsteen. Glad he is doing A OK. Now let's hope he can save The Stone Pony...Hugs to you Daisy.

Honestly Missy I am thankful for everything I used to take for granted. My family, my house, my friends,my job, my pets. These times are so stressful.

Same. Though we have had challenging years before and I rarely take things for granted anymore this pandemic is just another reminder. Challenging times for sure but hopefully we will get through this stronger and more resilient and better. Stay well @LisaRN.

Thank you sweet Missy. Everyday I'm thankful for you. Your unconditional love and joy makes me so grateful. I always send lots of love and hugs to you. You brighten the lives of many and I'm beyond grateful to be your friend.

Aww thank you and well, you know I feel completely the same about you. Hugs and love and thank you for being one of the reasons PS a wonderful place to hang out. XO.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This year has had many things that could have been very bad, but turned out to bring is good things. Some were sad, but that is okay too.

1. I recovered from probable COVID with just enough time and energy left to finish all of my assignments for school -- came down to the last 15 minutes of the quarter!

2. I graduated! (In large part thanks to the school going online so I could watch the lectures multiple times and pause for naps as needed.)

3. We lost our senior kitty after a little less than a year, but he went from healthy & active to clearly time to say goodbye. He was comfortable and enjoyed his last night & day. The vet came to our house despite COVID (we were both well past contagious) so he could pass peacefully at home. His last year was very happy with nothing but his favorite food, treats, fluffy beds, birds out the window, and people to sit on.

4. The insurance I insisted on adding was less than perfect, but kept almost full income for the months DH was out sick.

5. My grandparents have remained healthy so far despite relatives living with them who are out among people all day every day. (I worry all the time and hope this continues!)

6. Thanks to COVID making everything work from home (likely permanently), we are able to move out of our cramped house with no room for an office for me.

7. I always used to dream of living in a house out near the mountains with a river. I had set that aside years ago as never going to happen. It occurred to me yesterday that we are moving to 5 acres near the mountains with a river along the yard. I could cry I am so happy!

8. DH got something this week that many would see as awful news. The timing is perfect because of some of the other things listed so instead of being bad, it is actually great and has made him visibly happier and more relaxed.

9. I was able to pick up a grocery order yesterday so we will have a turkey dinner.

10. I can walk, stand, sit, and bend without pain! The year started very stiff, but the PT I (finally) had was at the perfect time to tell me what was okay moving so I was able to keep getting packed which actually led to great stretching and strengthening so that I feel better than I have in more than a year.

11. The cpap that is a mixed blessing much of the time probably saved DH's life.

12. My Louisiana rescue boy is officially heartworm negative.

13. Being home means extra snuggles with the animals. So grateful for that for each of them, but especially my senior boy who got to have lots of time on his people.

14. The buyers of our house are people I really like and they were able to make an offer before we even listed for sale. It is a bit lower than we might have gotten if it went to competing offers, but it is much less stressful and they are willing to do lease back if we need a bit of time to get the new house ready. I am also really happy that they will be close to her mom (our neighbor) who is a super sweet woman and I worried no one would look out for her after we moved.

The list could go on, but those are some of the big ones.

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
This year has had many things that could have been very bad, but turned out to bring is good things. Some were sad, but that is okay too.

1. I recovered from probable COVID with just enough time and energy left to finish all of my assignments for school -- came down to the last 15 minutes of the quarter!

2. I graduated! (In large part thanks to the school going online so I could watch the lectures multiple times and pause for naps as needed.)

3. We lost our senior kitty after a little less than a year, but he went from healthy & active to clearly time to say goodbye. He was comfortable and enjoyed his last night & day. The vet came to our house despite COVID (we were both well past contagious) so he could pass peacefully at home. His last year was very happy with nothing but his favorite food, treats, fluffy beds, birds out the window, and people to sit on.

4. The insurance I insisted on adding was less than perfect, but kept almost full income for the months DH was out sick.

5. My grandparents have remained healthy so far despite relatives living with them who are out among people all day every day. (I worry all the time and hope this continues!)

6. Thanks to COVID making everything work from home (likely permanently), we are able to move out of our cramped house with no room for an office for me.

7. I always used to dream of living in a house out near the mountains with a river. I had set that aside years ago as never going to happen. It occurred to me yesterday that we are moving to 5 acres near the mountains with a river along the yard. I could cry I am so happy!

8. DH got something this week that many would see as awful news. The timing is perfect because of some of the other things listed so instead of being bad, it is actually great and has made him visibly happier and more relaxed.

9. I was able to pick up a grocery order yesterday so we will have a turkey dinner.

10. I can walk, stand, sit, and bend without pain! The year started very stiff, but the PT I (finally) had was at the perfect time to tell me what was okay moving so I was able to keep getting packed which actually led to great stretching and strengthening so that I feel better than I have in more than a year.

11. The cpap that is a mixed blessing much of the time probably saved DH's life.

12. My Louisiana rescue boy is officially heartworm negative.

13. Being home means extra snuggles with the animals. So grateful for that for each of them, but especially my senior boy who got to have lots of time on his people.

14. The buyers of our house are people I really like and they were able to make an offer before we even listed for sale. It is a bit lower than we might have gotten if it went to competing offers, but it is much less stressful and they are willing to do lease back if we need a bit of time to get the new house ready. I am also really happy that they will be close to her mom (our neighbor) who is a super sweet woman and I worried no one would look out for her after we moved.

The list could go on, but those are some of the big ones.

Congrats on graduating! Also 5 acres in the mountains sounds like a dream, I’m jealous!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on graduating! Also 5 acres in the mountains sounds like a dream, I’m jealous!

Thanks! We are super excited. It is out past Arlington. I'm slightly nervous about the hills (landslide from a few years back was just a few miles away) and my grandfather worries about the sandy soil, but I think the risks are acceptable.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That my whole family has managed to stay healthy.

That even though my DH was furloughed, he did get his job back.

I never lost my jobs and remote learning is actually working for my students (aka parents are happy).

Spending so much time with my Son and really watching him grow.

The baby that will be joining us in a few weeks!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I’m thankful for the health of my family and my extended family as well.

I’m thankful that both my dh and I are gainfully employed and able to help those around us that lost their jobs.

I’m thankful for my friends, who have been a huge source of support while going through tough times with my teens.

I’m thankful for my fur baby Noah, who really lives up to his name of being a comfort for our whole family.

inne

Shiny_Rock
My husband. He is just amazing.

Everyone in my family is healthy right now, and no one is facing financial crisis.

My sister and I have become close this year after decades of a relationship that ranged from nonexistent to one conversation away from disaster.

I was able to give my dog the best possible end. I wish more than anything that she was here with me, but I never have to have any regrets about her life or her death, and that is a great comfort. We were also so lucky to have such amazing vets - I never have to wonder if we did too much or too little.

My other pets are all doing well, including my 17 year old cat who had a very difficult time a few years ago. And one of my horses is turning out to be much more talented than I ever thought + his personality is really something special. And I'm so glad I bought him last fall. I don't know how I would have gotten through everything without him, and now it's pretty impossible to find horses with travel restrictions and danger of coronavirus. I'm so glad I didn't put it off.

Last edited:

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My stable job and continued support of my colleagues
My family who mean the world to me :love:
My new apartment & city being a wonderful place to endure the (brief) lockdown
My newfound sense of emotional freedom after my divorce :dance:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results