shape
carat
color
clarity

What Are You Puttering With Today?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will be puttering around the house most of the day. Cleaning and taking care of my DH who is recovering from thyroid cancer surgery and parathyroid surgery. And going to the supermarket to find him some soft foods he can eat. Men are so stubborn though. Even Greg who is pretty freaking amazing. He is being very stubborn right now. Sigh.

MrsBlue

Brilliant_Rock
I will be puttering around the house most of the day. Cleaning and taking care of my DH who is recovering from thyroid cancer surgery and parathyroid surgery. And going to the supermarket to find him some soft foods he can eat. Men are so stubborn though. Even Greg who is pretty freaking amazing. He is being very stubborn right now. Sigh.

Being hurt and scared can make the best people a bit difficult to deal with. Strength and blessings to you both, and speedy healing.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Started painting inside of kitchen cabinets I call it my ”lipstick on a pig project”.

Ha! You too, eh? I have to do almost every room in the house. I'd forgotten how long stupid cabinets can take- but I did 'em.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Give him lots of Ice cream!! Great for the throat great for the soul!!

And look at your killer studs and Bubbalah often!!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Give him lots of Ice cream!! Great for the throat great for the soul!!

And look at your killer studs and Bubbalah often!!!

Thanks @kipari. Surgeon nixed the ice cream. It will cause him to produce too much phlegm sorry TMI LOL. I ordered over $100 worth of ice cream and pudding (before the surgeon called last night instructing me not to give him ice cream) to get him to eat something yesterday but no luck. He is trying to drink water now and it's tough going. His throat is extremely painful from the intubation and surgery. He hasn't eaten anything since day of surgery and today is day 3 with no food. Surgeon said he has to eat protein today. Wish us luck. And thanks for the encouragement. XO.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, egg is good soft food protein. So is hummus. I hope Greg feels better soon. Take care of yourself, too.

Thank you @mary poppins.
We are picking up eggs right after Greg’s dermatologist appointment this morning. He has to get the rest of a severely atypical mole removed. Dermatologist did biopsy last week and didn’t get it all and results showed it all has to come out. Frustrated we have to drag Greg out so soon after his neck surgery. Thanks for your continued well wishes. ❤️

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @kipari. Surgeon nixed the ice cream. It will cause him to produce too much phlegm sorry TMI LOL. I ordered over $100 worth of ice cream and pudding (before the surgeon called last night instructing me not to give him ice cream) to get him to eat something yesterday but no luck. He is trying to drink water now and it's tough going. His throat is extremely painful from the intubation and surgery. He hasn't eaten anything since day of surgery and today is day 3 with no food. Surgeon said he has to eat protein today. Wish us luck. And thanks for the encouragement. XO.

:eek2: :eek2: :eek2:

Poor poor Greg!

Pain and not even ice cream this is UNFAIR!!!!

I'm so sorry for him!
Gentle hugs and lots of appetite dust to Greg!

Hugs to you as well, because a sick Husband is very worrisome,but also super exhausting!!!!

Ps: for the Ice cream: your nieces will be delighted upon their next visit!!!!!

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Goodness, read about the mole after posting. That poor man is a martyr!!!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I found the missing top sheet of our nice newish cat flannel set
its really been bothering me where it was - its a nice set and wasn't cheap - i just woke up in the night and knew where to look - its summer now and we don't need flannel sheets but thats ok

Then i finally got earings back into all 6 of my piercings... plus Gary's 1

I found one of a pair of earings mum gave me but now ive remembered another 2 pair from her that are missing

but i did find a nice chain id forgotten about so ive been sitting her polishing some silver jewkery
Its very satisfying seeing all the black gunk on the cloth
And i fixed a broken chain so its wearable again
A nice medium weight men's silver chain Gary found under his sister's house when he was working on their big remodel

The kind of chain Bruce might wear :lol:
If i told Gary that he's chuck it back under the house

Last edited:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We’ve been redecorating our whole house, and are now on the home straight, so today I was painting the coving in the dining room, and when I’d done that, I painted the skirting boards (I’d already done the door, door frame and window sill).

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We’ve been redecorating our whole house, and are now on the home straight, so today I was painting the coving in the dining room, and when I’d done that, I painted the skirting boards (I’d already done the door, door frame and window sill).

That's impressive!!
I'm sure you'll so a better job than 95% of the professional painters I've had at my house!!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely!

2 x 14oz containers of mire poix
two 15oz cans of kern kernels
I 9oz carton of fresh edemame
1/2 jar x 24oz of tomato sauce
1.5 cartons of chicken bone broth
1 generously rounded tablespoon of Better Than Bouillon
1 finely chopped BBQ chicken

Fry the mire poix in olive oil and 2 cloves of minely chopped garlic for 5 minutes
Add the kernels, including fluid
Add the edemame
Add the tomato sauce, bone broth and Better Than Bouillon
Add all the chopped chicken meat

Simmer gently for 1/2 an hour and let sit for a few hours before reheating.

Serve and enjoy!

It's delicious, freezes perfectly, and everyone likes it.

Here's a photo.

20210115_161924.jpg

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
I took down the Christmas decorations, folded laundry, and made lentil soup today.

@mrs-b I love a healthy soup too! In my house lentil soup and tortilla soup are regulars. I have to say, I am rather interested in how you dye your eyelashes. My eyelashes are very light blonde and I wear mascara every day. I'd love more info on how you do it, if you don't mind. =)2

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I boxed up more Christmas decorations
All the angels and faires are tucked up in tissue paper for another year
i took the wreth off the wall of the porch the other night but i think it needs a wash before it goes away into the hall cupboard

Took Bruce (his latest album) for a walk to the chemist for Gary, brought us home meat pies for lunch and watermellon

Need to pack away the nativity now

Waiting for the groceries to arrive

might do another load of washing as the forcast is rough for the next few days

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I took down the Christmas decorations, folded laundry, and made lentil soup today.

@mrs-b I love a healthy soup too! In my house lentil soup and tortilla soup are regulars. I have to say, I am rather interested in how you dye your eyelashes. My eyelashes are very light blonde and I wear mascara every day. I'd love more info on how you do it, if you don't mind. =)2

Not at all!

I use Godefroy 28 day eyelash tint.

It works pretty well, and I do both top and bottom lashes. I do them every few weeks while I whiten my teeth - both tasks I hate, but both necessary as I don't use make up.

mom2dolls

Shiny_Rock
Cleaning and organizing our loft. I had a box of pictures from when the girls were little and needed to organize then in storage boxes. What a trip down memory lane.

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
Not at all!

I use Godefroy 28 day eyelash tint.

It works pretty well, and I do both top and bottom lashes. I do them every few weeks while I whiten my teeth - both tasks I hate, but both necessary as I don't use make up.

Thank you! I like the idea of waking up and seeing eyelashes!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Im trying to match up sheets and pillowcases
I hate fitted sheets so i tend to buy 2 matched flat sheets separately and 4 pillowcases that match

Until recently ive always made the bed 100% matching, but i got a bit slack with the pillowcases because it was too hard to find 4 matching because the linen cupboard has not been as well organised as it was at our old place
When we shifted i used them for packing and we have a few still unopened boxes
But in the last week ive washed 3 duvet covers and seem to have lost a matching pillowcase for each :(2

I've found all sorts of weird and wonderful sheets in a multitude of sizes
Our new beds here don't need a valance so im tucking them away for quilt backing (they were always too much of a hassle to use anyway)

Im having the most trouble with cream sheets in a multitude of sizes
I don't even know where the odd sized ones came from ?
(I think maybe Gary's divorce all those years ago) but they are such good quality i can see why i never threw them out last time i looked at them

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results