shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you planning on doing with your tax return?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Are you getting one this year? What are your plans?

We''re getting a new mattress/bed! I''m so excited about it--now I just have to knuckle down and submit my taxes.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Going directly into the buy-a-house fund.

No fun refund purchase this year.
39.gif

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
I''ll be really surprised if I get anything. I play around with my withholding all year so that I either end up owing $100, getting $100, or nothing.

Last year I ended up with $800 because I forgot about my student loan interest so I *might* get a little something back this year. And if I do its going straight to the credit card we''re trying to pay off.

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Tax return? HA..what is that??
I know hubby had about $60 000 in income tax deducted and the gov''t still wants more! Hmmmmm!
That is totally ridiculous..especially since we maxed out our RRSP contributions !!

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Mark and I put ours towards our Vegas trip every year.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
I only get back as much as I have to pay the tax preparer/accountant, so there goes that. But the good news is that I did them already this year so I am very early. Last year, I totally dragged my feet on it, so I felt accomplished the other day when I walked out of the accountant''s office.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Some is going for cheap-o bedroom furniture, some is going to pay off my credit cards, and the rest is going straight to savings and never seeing the light of day.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Hmmm... I''m thinking... Tattoos.
31.gif

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
Havent even thought about it.
6.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t know if we''re getting anything back. We sold investment property that we had for five or six years, so I guess we have to pay capital gains on the profits
33.gif
I''m not sure. If I don''t post for a few years, it''s because I''m in jail.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
what''s a refund
2.gif

we pay, and pay and pay....

and it looks like we will be paying even more if the
income tax rates go higher.

I need to stop, otherwise I''ll be venting for hours.

whitetulips

Shiny_Rock
Just like elledizzy my refund (if I get one) and my fiance''s refund are both going straight into the savings account that we started for a house. I don''t even care that I won''t get something exciting because honestly, what is more exciting than our first house!?
36.gif

purselover

Ideal_Rock
a wii/wii fit, jimmy choo sandals, and then savings

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I seriously doubt we are getting a major refund this year, but anything we do get will probably go in savings in recognition of the economic situation...

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really don''t think I''m going to get anything back. I''ve owed on both state and federal for the past two years. I don''t get it. I take out the proper witholdings for a single person and I still owe! Argh! If I do get anything back it''s going into savings as I''m unemployed right now.

FI thinks he''s going to get a decent refund which he will be putting towards our honeymoon which is his portion of the wedding expenses.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Right back into savings!

Last year a good part of hubby's tax return went toward my wedding ring, so I can't complain too much about our return being absorbed by our bank account this year.
2.gif

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
I plan on fixing my sprinkler system and replacing some of the dead shrubs I planted last year, otherwise everything goes to savings.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
I''m excited to see how much money I''ll get this year.. I''ve worked much more than I had in previous years, so I can''t wait to see what the grand total will be.

Hmm... maybe I need a new blingy band to wear. Would it be weird to get a thin, blingy band to wear on my middle finger of my left hand?

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We don''t get a refund, but we do get a bonus. After everything else is looked after, I think DH is forcing a new bike on me to better motivate my exercising.
25.gif
I had a bad crash last year and my bike (cheap one) was never the same even after $150 in repairs. Plus I was quite put off after the fall. So we''ll see. I can''t see spending that much money on a bike, but he''s so bicycle obsessed it''s almost necessary for me to be able to at least attempt to share his hobby.
2.gif

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I always get a refund, mine will go in my savings, I have a son who just lost his job and I am currently sitll paying on his student loans, so I need all the money I can get
7.gif

April20

Ideal_Rock
I''m just hoping we break even. We normally get a fantastic refund, but I got laid off this year and worked contract for five months, so no taxes were deducted. I put 30% of each check into savings, but our house remodel has been killing that fund. I just hope if we owe, it''s not horribly bad.

DebShine

Shiny_Rock
I''m getting a very nice refund that will go towards my property taxes, paying off a lawyer from my divorce, paying a small bank loan, and then banking the rest for an 8th grade graduation trip my son and daughter. Woot woot! :)

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2009 6:57:22 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
I really don''t think I''m going to get anything back. I''ve owed on both state and federal for the past two years. I don''t get it. I take out the proper witholdings for a single person and I still owe! Argh!
I know what you mean. I have SO MUCH withheld (single person with no deductions) every month and yet I get a couple hundred bucks back. I don''t understand it.

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2009 5:27:47 PM
Author: whitetulips
Just like elledizzy my refund (if I get one) and my fiance''s refund are both going straight into the savings account that we started for a house. I don''t even care that I won''t get something exciting because honestly, what is more exciting than our first house!?
36.gif
You''re second and third..much more exciting!

KIDDING..your first home is quite an accomplishment, and will always hold special memories (for me it was special because it was small, but all ours..just hubby and me! It was also the house I brought my babies home to..and raised for a couple of years). I don''t get emotionally attached to homes, or cars,but when I drive by the cute little "doll house" that I lived in for 7 years, with so many good memories, it always brings a smile to my face!! I''m excited for you whitetulips!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/2/2009 5:27:47 PM
Author: whitetulips
36.gif
more jewelry !!
2.gif

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
A D300 and 24-70mm F2.8 lens
36.gif
I''m so stoked I can hardly stand it!

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
No refund here, will probably have to pay.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
I need to do our taxes first. I hope I don''t get a refund. It makes me so crabby to think that the government has had my money all year long interest free! I''d much rather pay. Well, I guess I should say, I''d much rather pay A WHOLE LOT LESS in taxes. If I do get a refund it will go straight into the savings account.

Hera

Ideal_Rock
Possibly:

1. New quartz countertops
2. new sofa
3. Fix fireplace cracks

Need to change deductions, I have a large refund coming.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Wedding budget, wedding budget, wedding budget. We are getting less than expected (apparently FI used the IRS calculator wrong or something) so I am really upset about that, but hey what can we do? Absolutely nothing except be happy we don''t have to pay I guess.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results