shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you planning on doing with your tax return?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Umm... no idea what I''m getting back. Unfortunately I don''t get foreign income exclusion but I DO get a deduction - just not sure how much. But anything I get is going towards my New Zealand trip!

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2009 4:34:48 PM
Author:ladypirate
Are you getting one this year? What are your plans?

We''re getting a new mattress/bed! I''m so excited about it--now I just have to knuckle down and submit my taxes.
Buy food.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Cash it out in ones, throw it in the air several times, and take picture rolling in it.

I mean, just imagine rolling around in twenty dollars! WHOOOOO HOOOO!!!!

I''m stoked. Will post photos.

9.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Huh? Likely a silly question, but when does the US fiscal year run? I looked it up and it says Oct to Sept - wouldn't that make it a lil early to consider returns, ..? Or is that wrong?

Our one (Aust) is july to june, so not even thinking about it yet - last year I had a couple anomalies and got back alot more than previous years - needless to say the majority went on sparklies, and I'd do it again, lol
2.gif
(but after paying off some debt first of course).

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2009 4:39:45 AM
Author: arjunajane
Huh? Likely a silly question, but when does the US fiscal year run? I looked it up and it says Oct to Sept - wouldn''t that make it a lil early to consider returns, ..? Or is that wrong?

Our one (Aust) is july to june, so not even thinking about it yet - last year I had a couple anomalies and got back alot more than previous years - needless to say the majority went on sparklies, and I''d do it again, lol
2.gif

The usual tax year for US residents is the calendar year actually.

I''m with Miranda, I try to work it so that I either get a small refund or owe a bit. No sense giving the government an interest free loan.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2009 6:22:30 AM
Author: Kismet
Date: 2/3/2009 4:39:45 AM

Author: arjunajane

Huh? Likely a silly question, but when does the US fiscal year run? I looked it up and it says Oct to Sept - wouldn''t that make it a lil early to consider returns, ..? Or is that wrong?

Our one (Aust) is july to june, so not even thinking about it yet - last year I had a couple anomalies and got back alot more than previous years - needless to say the majority went on sparklies, and I''d do it again, lol
2.gif

The usual tax year for US residents is the calendar year actually.

I''m with Miranda, I try to work it so that I either get a small refund or owe a bit. No sense giving the government an interest free loan.

Hrmm..odd. I got that info from Wiki..
thanks for clearing it up for me Kismet
1.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2009 1:48:11 AM
Author: trillionaire
Cash it out in ones, throw it in the air several times, and take picture rolling in it.

9.gif

This made me lol Trillionaire, you''re funny
3.gif

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
I already filed ours, and got it back last week. Just made our final car payment to pay off the car a few months early....rest will go in savings, woohoo!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2009 4:59:00 PM
Author: VegasAngel
Havent even thought about it.
6.gif

i hadn''t thought about it either. maybe savings?

jcarlylew82

Shiny_Rock
its going for my "oh crap i spent all my savings" fund.
Actually, we''re going on vacation so all the money is going to that. i WILL buy nice jewelry while on vacation this year.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We usually pay, pay and pay more even though we are already maxed out with our taxes and contributions.
39.gif

Girlrocks

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I''m self employed, so last year I had to pay about $20,000 (yes, that is $20,000!) that I had NO idea I was going to have to pay that much (I got 2 extra contracts in 2007 than I had the previous year). This year I''ve been paying quarterly, but I expect I''ll have to pay between 4-5K. I get so depressed this time of year!
39.gif

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock

I'm stoked. Will post photos.

9.gif
HAHAHAHAHAHA
3.gif
Please post the photos.

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
We''ll be paying off a ring.
3.gif
And bills. Might try to save a bit of it.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2009 10:43:19 AM
Author: luvthemstrawberries

9.gif
HAHAHAHAHAHA
3.gif
Please post the photos.
I dont know why indecent proposal comes to mind... but like w/ Jaime Presley and chris elliot....
14.gif

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
I''m self-employed, so there is usually no delayed gratification return, just money still to pay the IRS. Boo! (Right, right civic duty etc...) I''m just hoping that as a student this year, I won''t have to pay quite so much out. If there is anything leftover, I''ll put it towards my SEP-IRA.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2009 9:11:50 AM
Author: Girlrocks
Well, I''m self employed, so last year I had to pay about $20,000 (yes, that is $20,000!) that I had NO idea I was going to have to pay that much (I got 2 extra contracts in 2007 than I had the previous year). This year I''ve been paying quarterly, but I expect I''ll have to pay between 4-5K. I get so depressed this time of year!
39.gif
Yikes! $20,000??? I''m still not quite understanding what I''ll be paying this year once my contract starts. Like was mentioned by Miranda, I''d rather be making interest from the money than paying the IRS early, so I started a seperate savings account for the estimated amount I will be paying. As long as my DH and I can stick to a budget, we should be okay especially since I will be writing off 60 miles of travel time per day.

Still, $20,000!
7.gif
With a bill that high, I''d be in the selling-my-jewelry-state and panhandling profession.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Tax return?? We always have to pay--indy contractors.

anniee19

Shiny_Rock
FI and I will both be putting part towards paying for our honeymoon, and then I plan on buying the Wii and Wii Fit, and then paying down on credit cards and student loans! I can''t wait!

all.of.the.above

Rough_Rock
Bills, Savings, and then part to a diamond.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We are going to save as much of it as we can
36.gif

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Capital gains killed us.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/3/2009 8:50:45 AM
Author: Chrono
We usually pay, pay and pay more even though we are already maxed out with our taxes and contributions.
39.gif
HI

Sounds familiar.....

cheers--Sharon

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m sure mine will get sucked into the wedding vortex...either that or the house fund!

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock

9.gif
LOL you are a riot!

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Mine will go into savings.

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
Ours is going into our house fund. We may use some of it for something fun but it will depend on how much we get back.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
No return
38.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
We''re just going to put it in savings.
Buuuuuuuuuut, I may take a couple hundred to get the prongs replaced in my e-ring. If I don''t use our refund to do it, I''ll just use a tiny bit of my summer school pay for the prongs.

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
I already ordered a new laptop! The rest is going to bills.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results