shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you getting/giving for Vday?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cRaSh

Shiny_Rock
My b/f LOVES Lucinda Williams (musician). She has a CD due out on the 13th. I am getting him the CD, and when he opens it, two tickets to a show in March will be in there. I tried to get a personalized autograph, but didn''t get it. But the tickets are WAY better anyway!

He will be REALLY suprised. He has no clue that I even know she has a CD, or even pay attention to it when he mentions it. He mentioned it the other day, and I just gave a blank stare out the window and said, "Oh, that''s nice. Wait.. WHO?.. Who''s that?" hehehehehehe

He asked me what I wanted, I said, flowers, of course. And maybe a necklace or something. Not sure what I''ll be getting.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I've bought FI a book about two dinosaurs in love called "A lovely love story"

http://www.amazon.co.uk/o/ASIN/0007177879/ref=s9_asin_title_2/202-1684321-9731043

I've heard it's beautiful and I'm hoping it might be suitable for one of the readings for our wedding - to tie in with the dinosaur wedding cake
20.gif

FI has just told me that he is paying for all of our engagement party - it's on valentines day (also our 2 1/2 year anniversary!). I'd been saving up for it so now ... I'm rich
36.gif
36.gif
Well, until I look at ebay next anyway
31.gif

I'm going to get him something extra now - maybe from the Aqua di Parma range. (I bought him the scent for xmas and it's lovely on him.)

Last year I bought him the Sweetheart edition of "Guess how much I love you?" - he really liked it, but will keep calling it 'that gay rabbit book'
23.gif

FutureMrsC

Rough_Rock
We don''t make a huge deal over V-Day but I got him a weird looking head massager, he absolutly loves to have his hair played with and temples rubbed, so I think it will go over well.

jamiesorr

Shiny_Rock
I wanted to go out for dinner but bf had to leave town for work yesterday. Before he left he told me I should expect this in the mail soon! I love it! He got a flight simulator for his computer. Not what I would have picked but it is what he wanted.

crash- Aren''t you sneaky! That sounds like a great gift.

Pandora- I have never heard of that book. Sounds like a fun one. I will have to check it out.

Liquiddazi

Shiny_Rock
We are going to dinner, but besides that I got him a card and dice that say, "Kiss, Hug,etc" and then body parts... Nothing too expensive nor fancy.
1.gif

jamiesorr

Shiny_Rock
Just as I realized I didn''t attach a pic my doorbell rang. It was the UPS man with my package. I am so excited! I took a quick pic with my phone for you guys.

mytiffperettiheartpearl.jpg

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
Cool Gift Crash

I am MAKING him a scrap book from the memories of the first pictures they we say of each other
first dates, our car and truck pictures... etc...
I''m the artist in the family and I told him that I was going to do it one day, but he has no idea.
He bought me an artist table for Christmas and I lock myself in there diligently working, while he screams what are you doing in there!!!
Making you something!!! One day maybe in the summer I''ll paint our portraits, I love painting people.
Right now I''m working on a mural in the kitchen of a wolf howling at the moon with a beautiful sunset!

He is artistic too but in a different way, he can paint a car better than new, and has the best eye for color
he can match colors perfectly. He knows how to steal an artists girls heart..
30.gif
30.gif

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
love the necklace jamie!!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
We''ve never given each other v-day gifts. It''s the third year that we''re apart for this day (out of four!), so we usually do a "webcam date", then go out for dinner when we get to see each other.

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
Here is the wolf painting BTW it looks a lot better in person
still not completed almost a year later.. I have no time
It is huge!! takes up half the kitchen wall, we are putting a cave a cultured stone around it when I finally finish
Maybe I'll work on it next weekend again. That time I worked on it for 6 hours and my hand started cramping up from holding the paint brush too long

digital pics 279.jpg

cRaSh

Shiny_Rock
Jamie - That necklace is BEAUTIFUL!!!! I hope to get something like that!

MustangFan - You are VERY TALENTED!! Are you pursuring an art career?? You should!

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
I wanted to be an artist since the age of 14, even did portfolio art (college prep) my senior year in high school
I went to England and did art non-stop for two year, then my Dad said how are you going to make money? I said ahh, I guess you''re right you can''t and I gave up.
I wasn''t the best in the class, so I figured it would be difficult in a competitive field. I had no interest in teaching art at that point, but now I do... and I don''t think I can teach because I don''t have a degree in art. I am getting my degree in management actually (bleh) and going to pursue my M.ed in teaching in November. I work at the YMCA and I will draw spiderman for the kids, they love it!!!I think I''m going to do face painting soon.

Sorry soo off topic!!

Aloros

Brilliant_Rock
I got my bf an ipod nano for Valentine''s Day. I don''t know what he''s getting me - I''m hoping something small or really nothing at all. I only picked up the nano because it seemed to fit and I got a really good deal on it. I come from a very generous family, so I prefer giving gifts to receiving them.
emsmile.gif

nytemist

Brilliant_Rock
Liquiddazi- I had to laugh! I have those dice and they are so fun.

We might do to dinner, exchange cards- that''s it. I know he won''t get jewelry since he thinks the ring was enough.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great painting MF!!! I wish I could paint. I used to watch that guy Bob??'s show (the white guy with the big fro) and watch him paint happy little trees and gorgeous landscapes...could never do that myself!!

ETA: It's Bob Ross. hee hee hee http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Ross

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/7/2007 11:49:35 AM
Author: MustangFan
I wanted to be an artist since the age of 14, even did portfolio art (college prep) my senior year in high school
I went to England and did art non-stop for two year, then my Dad said how are you going to make money? I said ahh, I guess you''re right you can''t and I gave up.
I wasn''t the best in the class, so I figured it would be difficult in a competitive field. I had no interest in teaching art at that point, but now I do... and I don''t think I can teach because I don''t have a degree in art. I am getting my degree in management actually (bleh) and going to pursue my M.ed in teaching in November. I work at the YMCA and I will draw spiderman for the kids, they love it!!!I think I''m going to do face painting soon.

Sorry soo off topic!!
MustangFan, I did an art degree and worked as a designer for many years - it is almost impossible to make a decent amount of money though. Now I do other things and just paint for fun - when I''m 70 I''ll go back to it!

Which college were you at?

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
When I brought Valentine''s day up a couple of weeks ago he told me he didn''t believe in it. He said it''s nothing more than something designed to get men into trouble.
31.gif
So I just got him some white chocolate X ands O''s.
5.gif

But just the other day he comes in chortling over having just bought me my valentine''s day present. What??? What happened to the guy who stops at albertson''s on the way home for a bouquet and a heart-shaped box of cheap chocolate? Argh!!! Guess I''ll have to get something else for him. I''m thinking a massage voucher.
5.gif

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Nikes. That''s what he''s gotten every year for the past 10 years and he is thrilled. We''re going to shop for them this weekend
20.gif
About as romantic as dead fish, but he kills running shoes faster then anyone I know. And he gets very excited. For our anniversary, he gets a hockey stick. Yes. Hockey stick, again very exciting, but he loves it. At least it doesn''t require much work on my part
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
my b-bag was xmas and v-day so i''m getting a card and that''s about it...maybe some flowers if he feels generous, hehe. we are going to a local really yummy restaurant for dinner though...within walking distance so we are jazzed we don''t have to drive. and i am getting him some truffles, his card, and also some fun valentine''s boxers, old navy has 3-4 diff styles so i was going to choose 2 cute ones...he loves silly stuff like that rather than ''big important gifts''. nothing really big this year!

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
we generally don''t do gifts for vday. usually cards and he takes me out to a nice dinner and gets me flowers delivered. this year, we''re going away for the week to the carribbean. so he is sort of off the hook. BUT of course i still am expecting something...

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
I''m taking him out to a nice dinner at our favorite local Italian restaurant. He''s having the head on my e-ring switched out. I always get a pink stuffed bear on V-day as a joke, so one will probably make an appearance this year as well. He said he had something up his sleeve, but things are so crazy right now I told him not to do anything more than get my ring fixed. Hopefully he''ll listen.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
I have no idea what to get him!!!!!!!!

Were going to be flying out to Colorado that day so I thought maybe a nice sweater for the trip would be a nice gift!....but I just don''t have any good ideas!!!

I''m hoping he just gives me what I''ve been waiting for
31.gif
, but who knows! I usually get flowers but this year I doubt it since we''ll be travelling. Maybe we''ll just go to a nice restaurant once we get there!
4.gif

M~

velvetfist

Rough_Rock
My bf is planning to take me away to some mystery beach location the following weekend, so for V-day I''m planning on making a nice dinner (or at least a heart-shaped lemon poppyseed cake if he doesn''t want me to cook that night- that''s his fave.)

I have a cute card w/ his favorite dog- a bulldog on it... and am still working on the gift part. I was bidding on bulldog cufflinks on Ebay, but sadly they sold for way over my budget. Mara- i might borrow your idea of Valentine boxers... I also might get him some massage oil... or some flip flops! (i''m always telling him to wear flip flops in the gym shower... and he''s always like ''uh, i don''t have any''. Men. He''s just asking for athelete''s foot!

For the very last thing though... I got a special outfit for me... (erm... sheer pjs...) which really, will be a gift to him!

Liquiddazi

Shiny_Rock
Mustang: WOW! You are really talented!

Nytemist: We will have to see how fun they are... but I think they will be. It is at least something new.
2.gif

Allycat: The hockey stick and Nikes aren''t very romantic, but they are something he will love! For my boyfriend and I''s one year, I bought him a Deep Fryer. Yes, a deep fryer... It is not only horrible for you and he still hasn''t opened it, but he LOVED it!

bronniejade

Shiny_Rock
We don''t give gifts for valentines.
Neither one of us are really big on valentine''s day.

If anything, we just have dinner together.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
We''re not big on v-day either. I think we''re going out for dinner and he''ll probably get me flowers and we''ll buy each other a card but not really any gifts.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
M is making me dinner and I suspect I''ll get a box of Vosges chocolates (ladies! you must try these! www.vosgeschocolate.com) given the overdrive hinting campaign I''ve been engaged in.

He brings me flowers every time he goes to the market or comes to pick me up at the airport, so that would be anticlimactic! But isn''t that sweeet of him?

I''ve been completely spoiling him lately with new clothes and lovely cashmere things, so I''ll probably make something instead of buying something. A cake! Maybe I''ll frost ''I love you'' on it. Cheesy, but he''d love it, I think.

Aloros

Brilliant_Rock
We exchanged gifts early. He got me Twilight Princess (the latest Zelda game)! I''m so excited! I''m a huge video game nerd, and one of the things we did together when we were first dating was play through Ocarina of Time.

Now I just have to get my hands on one of those pesky, elusive Wiis.
11.gif

JenStone

Shiny_Rock
My boyfriend and I never really liked Valentine''s Day for the usual reasons so we''ve never really celebrated it.

But then I saw this:

http://whitecastle.com/ValentinesDay/

White Castle for Valentine''s Day!!!

Reservations are required for this hostess-seated, candlelit function where you actually get servers!

It''s so cheesy, silly, and so....us that I immediately told my boyfriend about it.

So I''m very looking forward to Valentine''s Day this year.
1.gif

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
My boyfriend is going to have to work all day on v-day and I REALLLLLY want to get him a singing telegram to embaress him. lol. But it''s kind of expensive, so I''m at a loss.
7.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results