shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you getting for Valentines Day?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

twinkletoes

Shiny_Rock
I got a dozen long stemmed red roses & a box of godiva truffles sent to me yesterday at work. monday evening we''re getting dolled up to have a nice dinner in Long Beach. Is it totally beyotchy of me to still want a present? LOL I know I''m not getting anything else though. I bought him a nice pair of Seven jeans & a HOT dress shirt (baby blue w/diagonal raised stripes)...can''t wait to see him in his outfit!

BLINGQUEEN

Shiny_Rock
You''re so bad websailor!!!
38.gif

tomatoe

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/11/2005 10:18
6.gif
4 PM
Author: mrssalvo
I''m in the process of getting a ering upgrade so hubby says that counts for V-day, mother''s day, Easter, our anniversary, my b-day and any other holiday that comes between now and the end of the year. I agreed to all of the above but draw the line with Christmas.

LOL, thats the rationale I used last year while bargaining with mine for my upgrade!
5.gif

twinkletoes

Shiny_Rock
I thought only my bf believed in that! He bought me a really nice bday gift (.75ctw diamond studs) and kept insisting they were my xmas present as well. I thought he was kidding! I was telling him that''s like giving me one earring for my bday and then a month and a half later giving me my other earring and that they were one present that come in a pair. LOL It was a no go.

yellowfan

Brilliant_Rock
Dobie:

Love the earrings. Very nice! Sure she will love them! My daughter looked at your puppy photos and she loves them.
21.gif

Lori

dobie

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/13/2005 2:38:51 AM
Author: yellowfan
Dobie:

Love the earrings. Very nice! Sure she will love them! My daughter looked at your puppy photos and she loves them.
21.gif

Lori
I gave her the earrings a week ago last Friday, the day after I picked them up from the designer.
21.gif
And she has been wearing them since. I think she is a bit embarrassed with her friends because some of them have erings that have slightly smaller diamonds than her earring diamonds. It doesn''t help that she got 2 diamonds with better specs and in platinum.

The puppy is no longer a puppy. He''s older now and with cropped ears. He''s sleeping soundly beside me in bed right now. He complains loudly if I don''t tuck him in under the cover.

Bagpuss

Brilliant_Rock
I''m getting these earrings - 1.5 tcw aqua with accent diamonds (0.04ct) in white gold.
18.gif

They''re to go with my MichaelE aqua pendant that I got for Christmas. They''re the first trillion cut aquas I''ve had. They''re really sparkly too.

aqua trillion earrrings.jpg

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmm, am I supposed to get something for Valentine''s day? I''d better pass that one along to hubby. I think he thinks once he''d snared me and I married him that he was done with shelling out for V-day!! Seriously though, the diamond earrings I got a few weeks ago will suffice for my gift. Even though I handled it all myself, the fact that he didn''t complain about it was present enough for me.
2.gif
He knows that he is forbidden to get me chocolate since I have no willpower.

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
I''m a freak for Valentines Day and couldn''t wait for Monday and gave hubby all his gifts Friday night! He did inform me that Monday is Valentines Day and I''d have to wait. I guess waiting got the better of him and also he is worried that what he ordered won''t arrive in time so he decided to snuggle up to me this morning and tell me how much he loved me, and that he just didn''t have time to do any gifts and that''s ok...right?! I said "yes" with the big lip and he laughed and said my gift may be late, but it''s coming from the "nile"!! I screamed...I''m so excited, these babies will be mine next week!!!
11.gif
To think he said no jewelry for 2005! They are the 1/2 ct hoops.

dhoopv.jpg

mightyred

Shiny_Rock
Bagpuss those Aqua''s are stunning! And Libster if there is a ''no jewellery'' moratorium in 2005 and he has broken it already the rest of the year bodes very well for you bling wise!!
36.gif

My hunny just revealed he got me Tivo which arrives tomorrow! He had to spill the beans since he is staying home in the morning to wait for it and hook it up for me before he goes to work! Bless!! And we had agreed no big pressies so I am very happy! Not romantic but it''s exactly what I wanted!
19.gif

Bagpuss

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, mightyred.
9.gif

Aquas are a particular favourite of mine and also happen to be my birthstone. I''ve quite a collection now.
2.gif

cute330xigrl

Shiny_Rock
dunno what I''m getting yet... but couldnt wait to tell him what he got. So I folded yesterday... he got a catback exhaust for his Subaru STI. He''s in heaven.

This entre day, I''ve been looking @ where to get me a pair of studs. Then I saw those aqua baby''s. Hmmmm, I may just have to look into that. Very classy.

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
A very nice surprise after hubby went out of his way to tell me not to expect anything for V-day cos the upgrade is sending him broke
30.gif

JLVDayRoses.jpg

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2005 10:10:37 AM
Author: Libster
I''m a freak for Valentines Day and couldn''t wait for Monday and gave hubby all his gifts Friday night! He did inform me that Monday is Valentines Day and I''d have to wait. I guess waiting got the better of him and also he is worried that what he ordered won''t arrive in time so he decided to snuggle up to me this morning and tell me how much he loved me, and that he just didn''t have time to do any gifts and that''s ok...right?! I said ''yes'' with the big lip and he laughed and said my gift may be late, but it''s coming from the ''nile''!! I screamed...I''m so excited, these babies will be mine next week!!!
11.gif
To think he said no jewelry for 2005! They are the 1/2 ct hoops.
Oh Libster- you lucky gal. I love those hoops. Enjoy! And don''t forget to post.

Bagpuss- you spoiled thing. I''m sure you''re worth every bit!

Jade- lovely flowers.
36.gif

cute330xigrl

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/13/2005 8:39:48 PM
Author: JadeLeaves
A very nice surprise after hubby went out of his way to tell me not to expect anything for V-day cos the upgrade is sending him broke
30.gif
Those are gorgoeus Jade. OT: Is that your house and do u have suede fabric on your walls????? If so I need to PM you, cos we're trying to fabric wall the den. Love those colors!

Dre couldnt make it til tomorrow either so I just got my gift... 3 wonderful cards (stickler for cards!!) and this Classico 7010
3.gif

fendi01.jpg

chantal990

Shiny_Rock
I don''t think I''ll get anything but it''s my own fault. I told him years ago that I don''t really care about v-day and he took it and has ran with it ever since. I think it''s freaked him a bit though cause he asked what I wanted to do today and I just said "fish & chips on the beach will do me fine
1.gif
" but v-day is a really abd time of year for him. Our annaversary is the end of Jan and my b''day''s the end of Feb and with v-day stuck somewhere in the middle it can get to be too much. & I''m still in shock that he actually went out and got me a really nice ruby pendant for our annaversary I think I''ve been spoilt enought...........................................................or at least til mey birthday
20.gif
20.gif
BTW 2005 was also ment to be a jewellery free year for me to.
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/13/2005 9:19
6.gif
8 PM
Author: cute330xigrl

Those are gorgoeus Jade. OT: Is that your house and do u have suede fabric on your walls????? If so I need to PM you, cos we''re trying to fabric wall the den. Love those colors!

Dre couldnt make it til tomorrow either so I just got my gift... 3 wonderful cards (stickler for cards!!) and this Classico 7010
3.gif
Love your watch!

In reply to your qn: The flowers are sitting on a couch in my office reception area and is the first thing people see when they walk in the door - I got the two walls painted in a suede effect paint in cranberry and mocha and put warm lighting in - who says an office can''t be cosy
31.gif

Suede fabric can get pretty expensive and this paint really works well if you apply it properly
1.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Nice Watch Cute!

cute330xigrl

Shiny_Rock
Jade: Thanks for the info and the compliment. I should have said, we're getting ultra-suede. Waaaay cheaper than the real stuff and easily cleaned. We're using it to help as sound dampening. But wow those walls look awesome.

Sevens: Thanks mucho!!! I can't wait to go shoppin for some shirts to go w/ it.
9.gif

Rebemdee

Shiny_Rock
I''m getting a nice dinner at a lovely restaurant! I told my boyfriend no flowers or candy. He said he was going to propose again tomorrow, since he wasn''t satisfied with the first one (in his car!). That''s the best present of all!

I got him a pepper grinder and peppercorns, since he loves fresh ground pepper, and he loves to barbeque, so he also gets a cutting board with a trough (it''s actually my evil plan, because he spills juice all over the counter when he cuts meat on the regular cutting board, so it''s FOR him, but really for me!).
11.gif

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
My husband surprised me with this design, only as a pendant, after we had said no gifts. We also had a really nice homecooked candlelight dinner of porcini mushroom risotto and asparagus, complete with gorgeous roses and an amazing chocolate cake. The next morning he made me breakfast in bed- freshly squeezed orange juice, fruit, and white chocolate raspberry muffins. He was so thoughtful!

Valentine.jpg

Patty

Ideal_Rock
We don''t usually do much for Valentine''s day. Lately, my husband has had flowers sent to me, our two daughters and his mother. This year he sent the girls each 3 roses and a white teddy bear. I got a dozen red roses and I don''t know what his mom got. I usually just get him a card a couple of his favorite treats like Cashews and Starbursts.

EdSkinner

Shiny_Rock
I was going to get away with a card. But this morning she got me up with a card and a gift certificate for greens fees at a golf course that I play alot. So naturally the guilt has set in and I went out and bought her a watch, Timex, and some flowers.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/14/2005 2:29
6.gif
8 PM
Author: HAMMER
I was going to get away with a card. But this morning she got me up with a card and a gift certificate for greens fees at a golf course that I play alot. So naturally the guilt has set in and I went out and bought her a watch, Timex, and some flowers.

Good man HAMMER!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Whoa Dave. What a romantic dinner you planned. Way to go!

yellowfan

Brilliant_Rock
Dave,

That is so sweet. Im sure she is gonna be thrilled.

I got my usual favorite, yellow roses of course! I got my daughter a few things, and the dogs a bone a piece! They have already eaten it! We may go to a local place depending on crowding.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s only 4:30 here so I''m not sure what we''re doing tonight. Either eat out at a Mexican resturant we love or stay home and watch movies.

My husband bought me a box of chocolates which I devoured
14.gif
I feel a bit sick now as I ate the chocolates along with two glasses of diet coke. lol So much for my healthy eating kick. My pants feel tighter!
39.gif
Oh, and DH also got me a heart shaped candle and a something from VS. hahaha

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/14/2005 7:39:34 PM
Author: MichelleCarmen
It''s only 4:30 here so I''m not sure what we''re doing tonight. Either eat out at a Mexican resturant we love or stay home and watch movies.

My husband bought me a box of chocolates which I devoured
14.gif
I feel a bit sick now as I ate the chocolates along with two glasses of diet coke. lol So much for my healthy eating kick. My pants feel tighter!
39.gif
Oh, and DH also got me a heart shaped candle and a something from VS. hahaha
MC, I got something for VS also. Its hot pink and I won''t be wearing it tonight because I was home sick today with a cold and a 100 degree fever. Websailor is going to have to wait
12.gif
. Even our Prime Rib dinner is being postponed, more like Chicken Noodle soup tonight which sooths my sore throat. Poor websailor, no kissy poo when I am sick.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/14/2005 7:47:57 PM
Author: cflutist
MC, I got something for VS also. Its hot pink and I won't be wearing it tonight because I was home sick today with a cold and a 100 degree fever. Websailor is going to have to wait
12.gif
. Even our Prime Rib dinner is being postponed, more like Chicken Noodle soup tonight which sooths my sore throat. Poor websailor, no kissy poo when I am sick.
Sorry to hear you're feeling badly. Hope your chicken noodle soup helps heal you up. It's probably best to wait on dinner anyway as every place is going to be packed. I went by a few resturants and as early as 3 pm people were already filling in.

On a funny side note, I've had my hair cut two times and colored three times in the last 24 hours. lol This is another reason my husband isn't getting me a fancy gift! I doubt he's even going to talk to me after he sees the bills for all this. hahaha

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/12/2005 9:29:32 PM
Author: JCJD

Date: 2/12/2005 10
6.gif
6.gif
6 AM
Author: sevens one

Date: 2/12/2005 9
6.gif
4:42 AM

Author: Jennifer5973

Oh, BQ, you know I vote cutie!!!!! I never cease to get compliments on mine--very different and super sparkly arrangement of stones!
30.gif
9.gif

Since Dancing Fire already embarrassed me in another thread, I''ll repost here that we''ve decided to keep it simple for Valentine''s...just a nice dinner out.

I think the 14+ carats in jewelry I hauled in for Christmas should hold me until my Birthday in May!
11.gif
6.gif
20.gif
2.gif

BUT my DH did ask me for a special present...a new vacuum cleaner!
3.gif
He does the vacuuming and doesn''t like the one we have now! Do I get off easy or what!
31.gif

OMG- Holy Cr*p the man vacuums??????

Geez- we seriously need to clone this man!

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I haven''t commented on your ''biography'' thread Jennifer, but with your kind heart, helpful words of wisdom, strong determination, and warm spirit, you deserve a man that vacuums!!!
2.gif
Aw, shucks
emembarrassed.gif
...all of you are so sweet (no pun intended--it is Valentne''s after all
2.gif
)...

it''s so nice to read about everyone''s special V-day surprises! We have a lot of thoughtful DHs (and DWs) out there!!!
1.gif

PS yes--he vacuums ... and does laundry.
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results