carat
color
clarity

What are you doing?

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
Haha yes I think so

How did you guess?

My blood has gone down now. I do get carried away at those places!

I have been reading some of your discussions with Voce regarding Russian Women Figure Skating Drama. Russians have so little to be really proud of, so they of course feel superior because their women skaters are the best in the world at the moment. I can't imagine any FS forum without them. Remember this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2002_Winter_Olympics_figure_skating_scandal ? I had my first and last on line debate with Russian FS fans. I was trying to defend Canadians...:mrgreen:

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have been reading some of your discussions with Voce regarding Russian Women Figure Skating Drama. Russians have so little to be really proud of, so they of course feel superior because their women skaters are the best in the world at the moment. I can't imagine any FS forum without them. Remember this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2002_Winter_Olympics_figure_skating_scandal ? I had my first and last on line debate with Russian FS fans. I was trying to defend Canadians...:mrgreen:

I adore the Russian skaters and I think they are phenomenally hard working and talented.
They have definitely paved the way for the next chapter of skating imo.

But yes..... things do tend to get heated sometimes :lol:

I also think because the girls are so young and I'm significantly older I can get into a "Tiger Parent" mindset. Especially with the ones that I adore. Hence the fights with random people over the internet:lol-2:

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
I adore the Russian skaters and I think they are phenomenally hard working and talented.
They have definitely paved the way for the next chapter of skating imo.

But yes..... things do tend to get heated sometimes :lol:

I also think because the girls are so young and I'm significantly older I can get into a "Tiger Parent" mindset. Especially with the ones that I adore. Hence the fights with random people over the internet:lol-2:

My favorite is Anna Shcherbakova. Just love everything about this girl and her skating, it is a motherly kind of love. :D

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharp car @missy! I had an Infinity..a Qx4...I loved that car!

We have always owned Lexus cars. Love the soft ride. I get nauseous in sporty cars like German made cars. I know most people enjoy a stiffer ride but not me. I am a loyal Lexus fan. This Lexus has a few more safety features that Greg is interested in but I don't feel the need to "upgrade" the car. Hahaha you won't hear me say that too often. :P2

We didn't have time to test drive yesterday as I had lots on my To Do list and we were there over 45 minutes as it was. People always seem to be slow moving when I am in a hurry lol. So we left as he was talking to his GM and before we test drove the car. So we might go back later and test drive it as they are now pushing us to make our minds up this week. Greg read him the riot act last night over the phone saying we need up to 2 weeks to decide so they sweetened the deal haha. But my DH isn't being pressured to decide this week despite the sweeter deal.

All this to say is I am still unsure what we are going to do. If they play hardball I see Greg walking away from the deal. The deed to our current car is in Brooklyn and we have no time to go back within the next few days so that is not happening.

I'll keep you posted. As an aside the new Lexus convertible which is not out yet looks super sweet. :cool2:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy We always have to get an suv because of the crew...I think a sedan would be a smoother ride..but I don’t know..Maybe Greg feels the way about a new car like you feel about jewelry..haha
I’m so excited about your OEC stud search! :kiss2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy We always have to get an suv because of the crew...I think a sedan would be a smoother ride..but I don’t know..Maybe Greg feels the way about a new car like you feel about jewelry..haha
I’m so excited about your OEC stud search! :kiss2:

Same. We have no choice but to get the SUV because of our 4 cats and all the other stuff we end up getting etc. It’s the smallest we can go. Believe me I’d love smaller. I hate parallel parking this behemoth. Lol.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MamaBee so they agreed to Greg’s conditions! Today we’ll make time to test drive it and if it goes well we will agree to purchase. They worked something out about the title which we don’t have with us so that won’t interfere. Woohoo. I think :sun:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Same. We have no choice but to get the SUV because of our 4 cats and all the other stuff we end up getting etc. It’s the smallest we can go. Believe me I’d love smaller. I hate parallel parking this behemoth. Lol.

@missy Me too! My neighbors laughed at me in Maryland when I would try to park the car. I drive everywhere fearlessly but can’t for the life of me parallel park. My Volvo x60 has the camera so I can park now.. I think my neighbors think I had lessons! Hahaha If it’s a sedan I can park fine....It’s the suvs that I have trouble with..

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@MamaBee so they agreed to Greg’s conditions! Today we’ll make time to test drive it and if it goes well we will agree to purchase. They worked something out about the title which we don’t have with us so that won’t interfere. Woohoo. I think :sun:

@missy I’m excited for you!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy Me too! My neighbors laughed at me in Maryland when I would try to park the car. I drive everywhere fearlessly but can’t for the life of me parallel park. My Volvo x60 has the camera so I can park now.. I think my neighbors think I I has lessons! Hahaha If it’s a sedan I can park fine....It’s the suvs that I have trouble with..

I’m not gonna lie. My depth perception is off. I am not a good parker but large cars are even more challenging than smaller ones. :wink2:

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh noooooo. Could not skate to save myself (although I would like lessons and was looking into them before Covid)

I'm the idiot that clings onto the boards!

I'm just a huge fan! In my dreams I'm beautiful, 17 and can do a triple lutz-triple loop!

It's Golden Skate.

Lol. And I'm the idiot who does an axel and lands on her butt. I always preferred spinning anyway.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just finished making some pecan chocolate chip cookies. Yum.

Ooo! I just remembered I have cookie dough in the refrigerator! Not homemade, but not bad. Needs to be baked and eaten before the move....

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I am watching "Wife Swap" re-runs and eating cheese puffs.

Reactions: Jr3

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, cookies are in the oven.
Making progress on packing. Have about 1/3 of our books packed -- 18 boxes.

Trying to decide what to do with cookbooks no one in the local but nothing groups want. They are fine cookbooks. I just have too many. Can't bring myself to throw them out and know the thrift stores in the area usually toss them since they get so many. I could take them with. We will have room. I haven't opened them in 12 years or more, but I also have a smaller kitchen so it is a pain to do much. Gah! Would be so much easier if they could go to people who want them!

I need to get out and get to pressure washing. Want the paint stripped ASAP.

Oh, also remembering that I need to get documents to tax guy as they need to be filed on the 15th. Yes, my brilliant lack of planning has the movers coming the same day as the tax filing deadline :???: :lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Taking a cycling break and enjoying an apple. So tranquil and beautiful here. ❤️

038C2875-71D9-473D-9AD4-51BFB1A0A0D1.jpeg

Hope everyone is enjoying a wonderful Saturday.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Watching Hogan's Heroes and watching my DH cook chicken parm and fettuccine Alfredo for us for lunch.

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
More than 20 years ago (now) DH bought me this hat. It was pretty and quirky and he bought me it coz I loved it. Having taken good care of said hat for all these years, I accidentally washed it and it shrunk. (It was inside the pocket of a jacket). So I had a brainwave of trying to add some extra length and with the help of my mum, my MIL and YouTube (I am not really a knitter)...we are almost there.

IMG_20201017_191806812.jpg

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Workin on the kitchen.
I'm replacing my c.1976 formica kitchen counter with new formica.
Formica works fine, is cheap & quick and easy to install.
But best of all, formica is not not fashionable these days. :clap:
Love it!

New sink faucet, whatever is next on sale at Costco will do.
Removing and throwing away the stupid garbage disposal that I have never used in the 20+ years I've lived here.
IMO throwing garbage down the drain is a horrible idea; I feed it to my vermiculture bin of red worms.
Redoing all the plumbing.
Installing some electrical outlets.
Installing my new sexy RO water filter. :love:

It'll be so nice when finished.
As always I'm doing all the work myself to save $$$ and be certain that it's done correctly :dance:
I've heard so many contractor horror stories.
I'd rather have my skin peeled off than deal with contractors. :angryfire:

Last edited:

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
Watching David Attenborough on Netflix with the kids

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Watching Sherlock Holmes on Netflix. I’m just waiting for my 16 month old DD to go to sleep. She refuses sleeps lately.

I’m so tired. I’m supposed to be catching up on work but there’s always something more important to do. Ugh...

I’m just waiting for her to go to bed then I’ll pucker up and catch up on work.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cycling down the shore this gorgeous October day ❤️

03957A56-0510-4C7C-8D56-B55D89BFBBD7.jpeg 4AD724D2-77AC-495F-A7D8-91B6684772CF.jpeg EA723C1E-5118-4F60-BA6E-0BF198D3641F.jpeg

Love the Jersey Shore.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Workin on the kitchen.
I'm replacing my c.1976 formica kitchen counter with new formica.
Formica works fine, is cheap & quick and easy to install.
But best of all, formica is not not fashionable these days. :clap:
Love it!

New sink faucet, whatever is next on sale at Costco will do.
Removing and throwing away the stupid garbage disposal that I have never used in the 20+ years I've lived here.
IMO throwing garbage down the drain is a horrible idea; I feed it to my vermiculture bin of red worms.
Redoing all the plumbing.
Installing some electrical outlets.
Installing my new sexy RO water filter. :love:

It'll be so nice when finished.
As always I'm doing all the work myself to save $$$ and be certain that it's done correctly :dance:
I've heard so many contractor horror stories.
I'd rather have my skin peeled off than deal with contractors. :angryfire:

lots of folks are removing their garbage disposals these days. We have compost programs and therefore do not need disposals. They are fraught with difficulties anyway.

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Just finished mountain biking and took a ski ride! Typical Sunday.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just finished my first Irish Gaelic lesson on Rosetta Stone.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Huge bummer, I got a migraine today. So instead of a fun day out with my hubs, I’m sitting on my couch petting my sweet kitty, Zoey. Now that I think on it, that’s not such a bad day. :mrgreen:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just finished my first Irish Gaelic lesson on Rosetta Stone.

Ooh, I’ve thought about trying Rosetta Stone. I hope you’ll share your progress with us as you learn. :D What made you chose Gaelic?

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
More than 20 years ago (now) DH bought me this hat. It was pretty and quirky and he bought me it coz I loved it. Having taken good care of said hat for all these years, I accidentally washed it and it shrunk. (It was inside the pocket of a jacket). So I had a brainwave of trying to add some extra length and with the help of my mum, my MIL and YouTube (I am not really a knitter)...we are almost there.

IMG_20201017_191806812.jpg

That is awesome!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results