shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you buying in the Black Friday Cyber Monday sales?

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I usually shop online. But this year I haven't bought anything. Son's birthday is 11/28 and daughter is 12/18, I don't have anything for that either. Son wants a xbox one, a computer and bike, daughter wants a computer, a bike and pokemon cards (she'll be 14). We don't have room for bikes and my husband does not want to get them electronics. So all that's left are pokemon cards and I don't want to buy anymore of THAT lol
I'm tempted to just buy myself things from the bluenile 50% off select diamond sale. I've been eyeing their wedding rings for a while.

That totally sounds like our house, my son has a heap of Pokemon cards that always seem to be lying around in places and I always end up picking stacks of them up....... My son has a birthday the beginning of February and my husband is two days after Christmas which totally sucks.......

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not sure what I am going to do. I really don't enjoy all the pushing and shoving. My youngest wants a new tv and I think he has scoped out the sales already. I will probably give him cash and if he wants to spend more than my limit, he can.
I am not feeling like Christmas at all right now. We were supposed to go to my daughters for thanksgiving and my husband got recalled. My two kids at home are both working so I will be by myself for most of the week, nothing sounds appealing. Vent over.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not sure what I am going to do. I really don't enjoy all the pushing and shoving. My youngest wants a new tv and I think he has scoped out the sales already. I will probably give him cash and if he wants to spend more than my limit, he can.
I am not feeling like Christmas at all right now. We were supposed to go to my daughters for thanksgiving and my husband got recalled. My two kids at home are both working so I will be by myself for most of the week, nothing sounds appealing. Vent over.

I'm sorry. Holidays are tough when you have to work. Are you able to have your own Thanksgiving with your kids on a day they have off? A friend of mine always does Friday with her kids since they all work...

If you are in the Seattle area, we always have room for one more.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'm sorry, it sounds like a stressful time for you.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kohl's and Target already have Early Black Friday on-line. I guess everyone wants to beat everyone else; however, it works for me! I do not buy anything exciting like tvs, lol. I buy a lot of home goods like towels, a $10 french press w/two glass mugs at Target, crayola art kits (2 from target for 10 each), a huge one from kohls, threw in an $18 scooter for my daughter, a $15 dressy dress for daughter, a cute corelle dish set. All super bargains, and a lot of this stuff is for our adopt-a-family at work. Oh, and the $8.99 throws at Kohl's. I got one for each of the family members. They are actually 15% off too! And, they are super cozy! I have to link them -- https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-1...ush-throw.jsp?color=Abstract Gray Geo&prdPV=1 And, with my Kohl's purchases, I "earned" $30 in Kohl's cash, which I will use to buy more items off of our family list! I do not intend to do any true Black Friday shopping, and I hope that everyone who does stays safe this year.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I couldn't resist the call of Macy's sale email so I checked out their online deals and ended up getting coats and booties for myself. Will decide what to keep once everything gets here. Will also likely get a new kindle fire if amazon does a good deal. Our ipad is 5 years old and the charging port is partially broken so it doesn't charge well. I'm also checking if there are good sales on kids clothes and shoes too as next size is always ahead on the horizon.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I couldn't resist the call of Macy's sale email so I checked out their online deals and ended up getting coats and booties for myself. Will decide what to keep once everything gets here. Will also likely get a new kindle fire if amazon does a good deal. Our ipad is 5 years old and the charging port is partially broken so it doesn't charge well. I'm also checking if there are good sales on kids clothes and shoes too as next size is always ahead on the horizon.

I ordered a coat last week at Macy that I thought was a great deal. Normally $500 marked down to $365. Today the same coat is marked down to $199. I'm returning the $365 and bought two at the lower price.

I found great deals on kids clothes at Children's Place, Gymboree and Carters.

Many stores are offering Black Friday pricing today.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just got a Nest off of Kohl's! Marked down from $249 to $199.99 (<-- the significance of that will be explained later), so after the $100 electric company rebate and $60 in Kohl's cash it will be $35!

Those Kohl's people are clever... you have to spend $200 to get the extra $15 in Kohl's cash (so $60 instead of $45), which of course forces you to buy something else. I got a set of six Star Wars hand towels (it's a gift--I swear!) for $9.99 to make up the difference, which ended up being less than free. Gotta love the new math!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I ordered a coat last week at Macy that I thought was a great deal. Normally $500 marked down to $365. Today the same coat is marked down to $199. I'm returning the $365 and bought two at the lower price.

I found great deals on kids clothes at Children's Place, Gymboree and Carters.

Many stores are offering Black Friday pricing today.
You can always call Macy's customer service to do a price adjustment. I've been a frequent caller this past week lolol.

GearGirly

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I want to buy a laptop for my 10 year old, I figure this is a good time to get it but I have no idea what to buy. I have a Mac and he wants that but I think that’s way too expensive for a child, I just want to have something small and easy for him as he is starting to really use it for things!

GearGirly

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh, I also forgot to add that for me selfishly I would like:

Diamond studs :)
Dansko booties that seem too expensive for Dansko so I am hoping to get some sort of discount!
I would love some colored bands but I think maybe that won’t be now.
I have fun looking at all the deals online I don’t normally go shopping.

Phanie

Shiny_Rock
We need a new TV as the TV in the family room is dying (we cannot turn it on and off side button have been busted for years , you know, young kids; and in the past 6-8 weeks the remote is not working well take ten to 15 tries to turn it on... otherwise it is working fine enough, some sound crackling for years that is annoying but not enough to warrant a new one).
The kids need socks and sweat pants and pjs but I am just not wanting to do any shopping...
If there were sales on sewer relining I would be all over that! Praying for no back up while we have company.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm buying nothing... at least, I'm not planning to buy anything specifically because it's Black Friday.

I'm in the Netherlands for the week. I was quite surprised to see signs announcing "Black Friday" specials on some local stores and chain department stores. The locals tell me this is the first year they've seen black Friday advertisements. And it shows… One ad I saw featured specials oven mascara and every day underwear! I think it's safe to say that the local merchants haven't quite figured out this "holiday" yet.

And just in case anyone is wondering, no, Thanksgiving is not normally celebrate it in Holland!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You can always call Macy's customer service to do a price adjustment. I've been a frequent caller this past week lolol.

@PintoBean has Macy's ever given you a price adjustment twice on the same item?

I placed the order and paid for 2-3 day shipping. Two days later, before the coat arrived, it was marked down an additional $50. They did a price adjustment and credited my card. I called back the next day because it was marked down an additional $105 (I had just received the item an hour before calling) I was told they could not adjust the price again because I had received the order. Reading your reply I just realized I paid extra and because I did, by paying for express shipping, I now have to return the item instead of just getting a price adjustment. I should have asked to speak to a customer service supervisor.

I really need to quit complaining. I thought I was getting a great deal on the coat at $365 and I ended up getting it for $199.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I placed the order and paid for 2-3 day shipping. Two days later, before the coat arrived, it was marked down an additional $50. They did a price adjustment and credited my card. I called back the next day because it was marked down an additional $105 (I had just received the item an hour before calling) I was told they could not adjust the price again because I had received the order. Reading your reply I just realized I paid extra and because I did, by paying for express shipping, I now have to return the item instead of just getting a price adjustment. I should have asked to speak to a customer service supervisor.

I really need to quit complaining. I thought I was getting a great deal on the coat at $365 and I ended up getting it for $199.
That's BS for them to say they can't adjust the price because you received the order. Of course you can get the adjustment twice! It's not different than if you were to call after it dropped steeply the second time. I wouldn't be surprised if you're dealing with a green seasonal worker. Next time hang up and call again lololol.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm such an idiot @PintoBean . I should have just asked to speak to a customer service supervisor. I even said to the woman that it was over $100 price drop. Live and learn!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My whole house has HUE color lights, including the Hue strip light on the fireplace. Amazon has most of the HUE lights on half price. I bought another strip light.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium

There is an app called Paribus that automatically requests price adjustments. It actually does repeat adjustments too. Whenever the price changes during the allowed adjustment period, it requests a price adjustment and credits your card.

Macy’s is one of the stores they work with. It says it still works with Amazon, but they just changed their policy and no longer do price adjustments.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As expected my DH is third in line at the Lego store this morning with both our sons in tow.

ETA: I am still in my cozy bed looking at pretty jewels, a much better deal don't you think?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm such an idiot @PintoBean . I should have just asked to speak to a customer service supervisor. I even said to the woman that it was over $100 price drop. Live and learn!

Honey it's not too late as I told you the other day. Call them back and speak to a customer service supervisor and stop beating yourself up. You can get the price adjustment lol. No worries. And you're not an idiot.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As expected my DH is third in line at the Lego store this morning with both our sons in tow.

ETA: I am still in my cozy bed looking at pretty jewels, a much better deal don't you think?

Yes I am with you Stephanie. A much sweeter way to shop.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes I am with you Stephanie. A much sweeter way to shop.

I think online shopping is a lot better than lining up early!!!!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

This place has good stuff! Prices in Canadian Dollars! Estate Tiffany and Cartier items extra 20% off!

https://www.oliverjewellery.ca/

cheers--Sharon

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I use ebates a lot to see what is going for good cash back. Also, I believe that certain credit cards allow price adjustments. Amex does and I've used them for that reason; knowing the price would go down on something.

So far, I've ordered Bobs Red mill oatmeal...lol

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My DH just called me to tell me he's bought me a new office chair. I currently have an Aeron chair - which wasn't cheap! - but it's no longer agreeing with my back, so DH got me a new one which is quilted leather and doesn't put pressure across the underside of my thighs, irritating my back like my Aeron does.

Jewelry is good - but the actual reduction of pain as a gift is TRULY thoughtful. Love that man. :)

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, I (who proudly proclaimed earlier in this thread that I would never deign to shop Black Friday) ended up at Walmart last night. It was my father’s fault. He’s 77. He didnt realize that Black Friday at big box stores actually means Black Thursday Early Evening. He started asking my 5 year old daughter if she wanted him to take her to Walmart to buy some LOL Surprise Dolls (which are sold out everywhere and online but you can get them from private sellers on amazon and eBay for triple the MSRP...but I digress) so of course she was already excited and there was no turning back.

I told him, “dad, Walmart starts Black Friday at 6 pm tonight. It’s 6:20. Are you sure you want to do this? He says “oh, surely they don’t really open that early.” I say yes, it’s true. He says “let’s see what happens,” and my head implodes, but I think, as I have for the past decade and a half, “self, this could be his last holiday season. Humor your dear father.”

We go out to dinner first! Because no one wants to repeat the cooking and the dishwashing and the putting away. A deli chain is open 4-9 pm, I discover during our family quest for Chinese takeout. We dine there. The manager lingers an awkward amount of time after coming around to make sure we’re enjoying everything. Who on earth would be such an ******* to lodge complaints on a holiday night when these poor souls are spending precious time away from loved ones just to make time and a half the minimum wage to serve the general a-hole public??? So we chat as though we all know each other and it’s not awful.

We pull into the Walmart parking lot, and notice it isn’t terribly jammed, but the police presence seems a bit...abundant. Who will fight the rest of the crimes this Thanksgiving night? Was caution tape really required to keep folks from filtering out the wrong side of the store without paying? Would there be riots over the plenitude of $49 Instant Pots? No. We enter the Super Walmart and the scene is so tame you’d have thought you were in a Nativity Scene with children singing “Away in a Manger” in the background.

The toy section was a different story...but still my parents loaded up the cart with way too many things, and we saw “Santa” who asked DD if she’d been a good girl this year. (What kind of child would say no to that question? Ask open-ended questions, fake Santa!)

We made our way to a few other areas of the store, and each was as peaceful as the wings of a sleeping reindeer. (How else do they pull that sleigh through the air?) We arrived at the checkouts at the front of the store and my father spotted a lady ushering people towards self checkout lanes. He thought she was going to ring us up. She took pity on him (bless her heart—he is 77, so how could she turn him down?) and did the entire self checkout for him. I didn’t have the heart to stop the interaction. There were NO lines! She seemed happy to help! Was this REALLY Black Friday???

We departed, we family of four dopes who were dumb enough to attempt Black Friday, unscathed, and rather incredulous at our apparent good luck.

Despite the positives experience, I won’t ever intentionally take part again. Once was enough, and I refuse to test fate!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We ended up going out at the end of the day, it wasn't too bad at that point. Mainly we went to Marshall's and TJ Maxx looking for a play kitchen and accessories for my youngest son.

DH went to the Lego store in the morning and came away with a huge theatre to build, over 2,000 pieces so he will have fun with that.

My big purchase was a bag of hay for BunBun so that was my personal contribution to the economy and it was at a small. family owned shop :D

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, I (who proudly proclaimed earlier in this thread that I would never deign to shop Black Friday) ended up at Walmart last night. It was my father’s fault. He’s 77. He didnt realize that Black Friday at big box stores actually means Black Thursday Early Evening. He started asking my 5 year old daughter if she wanted him to take her to Walmart to buy some LOL Surprise Dolls (which are sold out everywhere and online but you can get them from private sellers on amazon and eBay for triple the MSRP...but I digress) so of course she was already excited and there was no turning back.

I told him, “dad, Walmart starts Black Friday at 6 pm tonight. It’s 6:20. Are you sure you want to do this? He says “oh, surely they don’t really open that early.” I say yes, it’s true. He says “let’s see what happens,” and my head implodes, but I think, as I have for the past decade and a half, “self, this could be his last holiday season. Humor your dear father.”

We go out to dinner first! Because no one wants to repeat the cooking and the dishwashing and the putting away. A deli chain is open 4-9 pm, I discover during our family quest for Chinese takeout. We dine there. The manager lingers an awkward amount of time after coming around to make sure we’re enjoying everything. Who on earth would be such an ******* to lodge complaints on a holiday night when these poor souls are spending precious time away from loved ones just to make time and a half the minimum wage to serve the general a-hole public??? So we chat as though we all know each other and it’s not awful.

We pull into the Walmart parking lot, and notice it isn’t terribly jammed, but the police presence seems a bit...abundant. Who will fight the rest of the crimes this Thanksgiving night? Was caution tape really required to keep folks from filtering out the wrong side of the store without paying? Would there be riots over the plenitude of $49 Instant Pots? No. We enter the Super Walmart and the scene is so tame you’d have thought you were in a Nativity Scene with children singing “Away in a Manger” in the background.

The toy section was a different story...but still my parents loaded up the cart with way too many things, and we saw “Santa” who asked DD if she’d been a good girl this year. (What kind of child would say no to that question? Ask open-ended questions, fake Santa!)

We made our way to a few other areas of the store, and each was as peaceful as the wings of a sleeping reindeer. (How else do they pull that sleigh through the air?) We arrived at the checkouts at the front of the store and my father spotted a lady ushering people towards self checkout lanes. He thought she was going to ring us up. She took pity on him (bless her heart—he is 77, so how could she turn him down?) and did the entire self checkout for him. I didn’t have the heart to stop the interaction. There were NO lines! She seemed happy to help! Was this REALLY Black Friday???

We departed, we family of four dopes who were dumb enough to attempt Black Friday, unscathed, and rather incredulous at our apparent good luck.

Despite the positives experience, I won’t ever intentionally take part again. Once was enough, and I refuse to test fate!

Monnie, I really hope you picked up a unicorn in that store because you had a truly otherworldly and unique experience!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results