shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you buying him or

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I got him some decent luggage for his business trip and he got me a movie and a webcam. I wasn''t expecting anything for Christmas because he worked so hard for my engagement ring!

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
I have been trying to come up with a good "big" gift for my husband- I feel like I have quite a few little things, but needed to come up with one big ticket item for him. I am going to buy him a semester membership to the golf course at the univ. where he is in business school.
He hopefully will be done w/ his job search for his last semester and have time to hit the links!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/7/2006 6:22:34 PM
Author: TravelingGal
Well, we just came to a consensus on what to do for our first christmas as man and wife.

He hates shopping for me, as I never want anything. I hate shopping period, so it''s hard for me to go out and get things.

Last year, he didn''t have to work the week between Christmas and New Year and it seems he will get that week off this year again. So we decided to take the money we would spend on gifts and go for a 3 day mini getaway. I just booked a little B&B in Santa Barbara and we''ll go wine tasting! We decided to make the holiday mini-trip an annual thing.

I think it''s a great use of our gift giving funds as it''s so nice to rejuvenate that passion from time to time.
1.gif

i think this is a fabulous idea
36.gif
i think we may have to look into this too. but then again, we''ve made new years our travel getaway weekend. i think this year we''re going to austin. maybe we''ll take bigger trips in the future and do away with gift giving at xmas. on a related side note, his immediate family has decided to nix xmas gifts soon too. we''ll save the money to take a vacation too! yea!! for vacations!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
OMG. Someone stop me. I'm on dress shirt #12. I kid you not. He has a "work shirt thing"....Apparently, so do I LOL
I also got a belt, cuff links, the favorite Brooks Brothers undershirts and a new brand I saw at Nordstrom that looked fab....a leather notebook, and a monogrammed men's valet from PB. Oh, and a wind-defying umbrella from sharper image b/c he walks from the trian to work... Oh, I'm also looking for the sold out Brookstone pillow with built in speakers...My husband has always had tinnitus which in the last two weeks has been horrible (for those of you who know what that is, I'm soooosorry...bc the last two weeks have been pure hell) Anyway...I love shopping for him this Xmas...He's my present! :)

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/10/2006 12:47:05 AM
Author: moremoremore
OMG. Someone stop me. I''m on dress shirt #12. I kid you not. He has a ''work shirt thing''....Apparently, so do I LOL
I also got a belt, cuff links, the favorite Brooks Brothers undershirts and a new brand I saw at Nordstrom that looked fab....a leather notebook, and a monogrammed men''s valet from PB. Oh, and a wind-defying umbrella from sharper image b/c he walks from the trian to work... Oh, I''m also looking for the sold out Brookstone pillow with built in speakers...My husband has always had tinnitus which in the last two weeks has been horrible (for those of you who know what that is, I''m soooosorry...bc the last two weeks have been pure hell) Anyway...I love shopping for him this Xmas...He''s my present! :)
OMG, MMM, you just reminded me I was totally going to get my DH the "Chillow" from drugstore.com! Stop laughing! Seriously, when we first started "dating" or, ahem, sleeping in the same bed, he would always complain about how his pillow was too hot, and said he was going to invent one that always stayed nice and cool. To this day (4.5 years later) he has been through about 20 pillows, I kid you not, and some of them have been the ones with the "cool jel insert" thing, but he has hated every one of them. I was piddling around on drugstore.com one day, bored at work, and found that Chillow thing for $20, but got distracted and forgot about it! Maybe this will the THE ONE! Off to order....oh, and men can never have enough fab. dress shirts, esp. from B.Bros!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Monarch - let me know if he likes the chillow! My own happy hubby is always complaining that his pillow is too hot (maybe it''s a *man* thing, LOL) so it it''s good I''ll get him one.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results