shape
carat
color
clarity

what are the top 5 most popular cuts?...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Are you talking for all e-rings floating out there, or for all new rings bought in the last ________ years/months/etc?

Pricescope or real-world?

I'd guess for NEW rings (from most to least), in the REAL world, based on rings I've seen on very young wearers:
1. Round
2. Princess
3. Radiant
4. Oval
5. Emerald

For all rings I see:
1. Round
2. Princess
3. Oval
4. Marquise
5. Radiant

Just based on my experience ring-watching where I live. Of course, Rounds eclipse all others in popularity level... Rounds and Princesses eclipse all others below them... then the others kinda blend together as an 'other' category.

I have never seen an asscher on anyone else's hand in real life. NEVER. Even in jewelry-crazed LA. I've seen only ONE cushion.

JerseyGrl81

Shiny_Rock
I am a teacher and I think that ALL of the teachers I work with that are older than 40 have a marquise ering. The teachers that are in their 30s and younger have RB.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
BTW, I think maul stores' offerings are a good indicator of the general public's shape demands. If you peruse a website like Zales, you'll see that nearly all of the rings are shown with rounds or princesses, followed by radiant, then marquise, then pears/hearts/ovals.

It would make sense, too, that they'd see fit to cater to the most popular stuff. You know, like rounds and princesses, but also big overpriced frozen spit stones. Wait a second...

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/5/2009 8:52:25 PM
Author: Elmorton
Based on what I perceive to be the frequency that I see them -

Real World:
1) Round
2) Princess
3) Pear
4) Marquise
5) Cushion
6) Radiant
7) Emerald
8) Asscher
9) Oval

Pricescope:
1) Round
2) OEC/OMC
3) Asscher
4) Emerald
5) Cushion
6) Princess
7) Radiant
8) Oval
9) Marquise
Elmorton
6.gif
Princess rank #6 on PS ? what have you been smoking?
31.gif
slap4.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Actually, I''d tend to agree. We don''t see a lot of princesses around here, as compared to other cuts. There have been quite a number of them lately (the last 4-5 months or so), though...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results