shape
carat
color
clarity

What are some of the goofy things you''ve bought on line on a whim?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/21/2007 9:38:27 PM
Author: Harriet
It''d be comforting.
9.gif
Maybe in a "white jacket" kind of way....
9.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/21/2007 8:42:50 PM
Author: FireGoddess

Date: 5/21/2007 7:27:43 PM
Author:Dee*Jay
A couple nights ago I was buying something on Amazon and I was like $10 away from free shipping so I just went web surfing to to see what there might be... Can you say Donny Osmond''s 70s Love Songs?!?

I swear it!

I''ve got it playing in the kitchen right now!
If I had been drinking something it would''ve come out of my nose just now. LOL!!!!
Ditto.

And I have to go shopping with her...
9.gif
2.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Shopping?!? Oh no Ellen--we''re going to sit on Oak Street Beach with a pitcher of pina coladas, the sand between our toes, and Donny blaring from the boom box instead!
11.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well... yes. I have... nothing is really coming to mind at the moment-- but I KNOW I've had that feeling a couple of times. OH.. yeah on overstock for chistmas I bought like-- 200 icicle tree ornaments for NO reason at all. I have MORE ornaments than my trees have branches, and yet it was such a good deal. When they got to the house though they had to be assembled... copper wires through tiny holes and I just didn't bother. We sold them at our moving/garage sale for 50 cents.

And thanks to Harriet
2.gif
I might be buying one of these too:

http://www.perfectpetzzz.com/templates/product.asp?ProductGuid=PP92%2D06BV6

I think it would be cute not creepy on my desk (have to move it when I have meetings, but still.)

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Donny!!
30.gif
I know we already discussed this on a WWT months back, but wow, did I have the hots for Donny back in the 70s. He was my first love. I actually met him like 10 years ago when he was in Joseph/Technicolor Dreamcoat (yes, that''s right, I waited in an alleyway in Boston in January just to meet Donny Osmond), and I gotta admit, I got butterflies in my stomach when he put his arm around me for a photo! Sad story though about the photo: I left my camera in the car, so some stranger took a photo for me and promised to send it -- but never did.
7.gif

Anyhow, as for buying things off of TV, back before Taebo became big, I saw the infomercial at like 3:30 am one night/morning when I couldn''t sleep, and I ordered it. I went to work the next day and sounded like a total infomercial myself, telling my friends, "I saw the future of fitness! It''s called Taebo!" -- needless to say, they laughed at me. But I got the last laugh when Taebo went on to become HUGE!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/22/2007 2:27:20 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
Shopping?!? Oh no Ellen--we''re going to sit on Oak Street Beach with a pitcher of pina coladas, the sand between our toes, and Donny blaring from the boom box instead!
11.gif
9.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/22/2007 9:11:43 AM
Author: Ellen

Date: 5/21/2007 8:42:50 PM

Date: 5/21/2007 7:27:43 PM
Author:Dee*Jay
A couple nights ago I was buying something on Amazon and I was like $10 away from free shipping so I just went web surfing to to see what there might be... Can you say Donny Osmond''s 70s Love Songs?!?

I swear it!

I''ve got it playing in the kitchen right now!
If I had been drinking something it would''ve come out of my nose just now. LOL!!!!
Ditto.

And I have to go shopping with her...
9.gif
2.gif
I would come just for the entertainment value alone!!
5.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/22/2007 6:33:37 PM

I would come just for the entertainment value alone!!
5.gif
lol!

Honestly, I think I''m more excited about going shopping with her (YES Dee, we ARE going!) than the wedding.
9.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/22/2007 12:18:49 AM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Me?!?
1.gif
I don''t know. Maybe b/c they look dead. They just make me uncomfortable. I can''t imagine going to my lawyer''s office and seeing one under her desk
32.gif
But if you love it and it would make you happy you should go for it. They seem to be popular.
But they ''breathe''! You''re right -- if I walked into my lawyer''s office and saw something like that, I might change lawyers.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/21/2007 9:40:26 PM
Author: diamondfan
Any bad infomercial merchandise is now gathering dust in my closet. I buy dicers and slicers and ab scissors and all kinds of crap that is ridiculous. I am a total sucker for that crap.
You''re the last person I''d image buying stuff from the telly! That''s a compliment, btw.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/22/2007 9:10:10 AM
Maybe in a ''white jacket'' kind of way....
9.gif
Are you calling me crazy?
38.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/22/2007 2:27:20 PM
11.gif
Dee Jay,
I have to come visit.
9.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/22/2007 7:43:47 PM

9.gif
38.gif
No Harriet, I wasn''t. I was totally kidding.

Trust me, if I REALLY thought you were crazy, I''d NEVER say so.
2.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/22/2007 7:45:51 PM
Date: 5/22/2007 7:43:47 PM

9.gif
38.gif
No Harriet, I wasn''t. I was totally kidding.

Trust me, if I REALLY thought you were crazy, I''d NEVER say so.
2.gif

Just like if she REALLY thought *I* was an *axe murderer* she''d NEVER say so!
9.gif

And Harriet, I say get the dog! People who can''t appreciate it don''t deserve to be your client anyway!!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/22/2007 7:55:34 PM

Just like if she REALLY thought *I* was an *axe murderer* she''d NEVER say so!
9.gif
No, actually, THAT''S where I''d draw that line.
9.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/22/2007 7:42:35 PM

Any bad infomercial merchandise is now gathering dust in my closet. I buy dicers and slicers and ab scissors and all kinds of crap that is ridiculous. I am a total sucker for that crap.
You''re the last person I''d image buying stuff from the telly! That''s a compliment, btw.

Not sure how being an idiot for a sales gimmick would be a compliment, but hey, I admit my issues! I love to sit up and watch all that crappy stuff and I really think it will all work, which is why I buy it. Then I get it and never use it or it stinks. Hubby bought some Body by Jake stuff, and I just invested in some top of the line gym equipment. The stuff he ordered WAS STILL IN THE BOXES AFTER nearly 5 years. I told the guys who delivered my stuff to take it with them, they could have it! Hubby never even opened it! (and he never even admits he is bad sometimes too!)

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/22/2007 8:54:24 PM

Date: 5/22/2007 7:42:35 PM
Not sure how being an idiot for a sales gimmick would be a compliment, but hey, I admit my issues! I love to sit up and watch all that crappy stuff and I really think it will all work, which is why I buy it. Then I get it and never use it or it stinks. Hubby bought some Body by Jake stuff, and I just invested in some top of the line gym equipment. The stuff he ordered WAS STILL IN THE BOXES AFTER nearly 5 years. I told the guys who delivered my stuff to take it with them, they could have it! Hubby never even opened it! (and he never even admits he is bad sometimes too!)
Oh no, that''s not what I meant! I meant that, given your general good taste, you''d be the last person to fall for sales gimmicks.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Maybe Dee Jay doesn''t want me to visit because she''s a recovering axe murderer (100% joking!).
9.gif

Ellen, of course I knew you were being funny.
9.gif

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock

OMG, my kids live for infomercial crap. I caved one Christmas and bought the rainbow paint thingy, can''t even remember what it was called. They''ve tried to get me to buy those Hercules Hooks and some of the cleaning products, too.

I have to admit I''ve bought some goofy things. There were some neon green dusters that were supposed to use static electricity to attract dust. What a waste.

I also bought the "Fitness Made Simple" videos. Don''t use them. We got one of those HealthRiders. I used it regularly until I got pregnant nearly 11 years ago. I felt so absolutely sick after I got off of it, and I couldn''t figure out why, then found out I was about 2 months preg. My doctor said not to do anything that made me feel sick or light headed, so I quit using it and never picked it back up after baby. We also got a Nordic Track a long time ago. It totally messed up my acheles (?) tendons but my husband liked it and used it for awhile, then it started bothering his knees. Based on all the fitness equipment I see at garage sales, I think a lot of it is either pretty poor quality or people just won''t use them, so at least I''ve got company.

We aren''t complete sloths, though. We got a nice, quality treadmill and given my past track record my husband was skeptical about spending the money on, but I do use it all the time. Finally, fitness equipment that wasn''t a complete waste of money.

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/22/2007 2:33:23 PM
Author: Gypsy
Well... yes. I have... nothing is really coming to mind at the moment-- but I KNOW I''ve had that feeling a couple of times. OH.. yeah on overstock for chistmas I bought like-- 200 icicle tree ornaments for NO reason at all. I have MORE ornaments than my trees have branches, and yet it was such a good deal. When they got to the house though they had to be assembled... copper wires through tiny holes and I just didn''t bother. We sold them at our moving/garage sale for 50 cents.

And thanks to Harriet
2.gif
I might be buying one of these too:

http://www.perfectpetzzz.com/templates/product.asp?ProductGuid=PP92%2D06BV6

I think it would be cute not creepy on my desk (have to move it when I have meetings, but still.)
Gypsy, I get new decorations and crafts for the kids for Halloween and Christmas every year! We had some beautiful blown glass decorations that were lost for many years because we put them away where they would not be broken and we would know where they were (in that special place we could never remember). We finally found them last year and we really enjoyed them. I had thought they had been thrown away or something so I was so happy to find them. I have boxes and boxes of decorations and I know it''s really silly to spend money on stuff you put up for a month out of the year, but I get so caught up in the spirit of the holidays! However, NO MORE. I''m disciplining myself this year. (Famous last words
emembarrassed.gif
) Actually we won''t have any choice this year. We really have to stick to our budget.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results