shape
carat
color
clarity

What am I going to do!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kittycatsmac

Shiny_Rock
here is my 2mm with my radiant I can''t believe how well it fit under the stone....

fitsunder3535.JPG

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
This setting really does look quite nice and it does indeed make your diamond look simply enormous!!! Hope you are feeling a little better about all this.

kittycatsmac

Shiny_Rock
I just can''t get over how well they fit together !!!

sishrh11334.JPG

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you kidding me??? That new setting is AWESOME!!! It makes your huge stone POP and stand out like the star it is! And the 2mm band just adds to that effect of letting your stone shine on center stage!!!

Despite the initial agony, I actually think everything turned out for the better!!! Yay for a happy ending!

Mokey

Shiny_Rock
Kitty I am soooo glad that you have such a great jeweler. And I have to tell you I like this a lot better than the other setting. I think this is fabulous! Congrats on the happy ending.

kittycatsmac

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/4/2006 4:08:32 PM
Author: Sundial
This setting really does look quite nice and it does indeed make your diamond look simply enormous!!! Hope you are feeling a little better about all this.
Well Sundial I am feeling better about it and it does make my diamond look huge, I think I''ll keep it for awhile...

kittycatsmac

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/4/2006 4:11:03 PM
Author: KristyDarling
Are you kidding me??? That new setting is AWESOME!!! It makes your huge stone POP and stand out like the star it is! And the 2mm band just adds to that effect of letting your stone shine on center stage!!!

Despite the initial agony, I actually think everything turned out for the better!!! Yay for a happy ending!

thank you so much KristyDarling you don''t know how much that means to me your rb is one of my favorites.... thank you so much
35.gif

kittycatsmac

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/4/2006 4:12:49 PM
Author: Mokey
Kitty I am soooo glad that you have such a great jeweler. And I have to tell you I like this a lot better than the other setting. I think this is fabulous! Congrats on the happy ending.

Well Mokey you and my husband must have the same taste, since when he seen it he was like why didn''t you get that one to begin with ??? I was like oh brother...
20.gif
but I think I''m going to really like it once I get use to not feeling alot of metal on my finger...

kittycatsmac

Shiny_Rock
I''ll take some better pics later ...

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
This simpler (but not simple!) setting really does showcase your stone and make it look super huge! Very nice! Your jeweler sounds like a very accomodating person - they are not a dime a dozen!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/4/2006 4:32:05 PM
Author: FireGoddess
This simpler (but not simple!) setting really does showcase your stone and make it look super huge! Very nice! Your jeweler sounds like a very accomodating person - they are not a dime a dozen!!

ditto, your new setting reminds me of a scott kay design. Did you ever gives us the specs on your RB. I love the size and would love to hear more details about it. Oh and please tell us the name of your jeweler. I'm in TN too. I can't believe how quick he got your stone re-set
36.gif
it takes mine a day just to clean my rings it seams
20.gif

I love the new wedding band. I may have to order one of those myself. My current one is a cheapy we bought and is turning yellow
6.gif
I'd love a nice plain plat. one..

kittycatsmac

Shiny_Rock
I told you I would take better pics !!!

bestyet09876.JPG

kittycatsmac

Shiny_Rock
and this

ringeringhand45123.JPG

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
Ohhh Kitty I just read through your whole thread! How awful for you
38.gif
but your new setting is oh-so-fabulous!!!
30.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/4/2006 4:46:45 PM
Author: mrssalvo

Date: 4/4/2006 4:32:05 PM
Author: FireGoddess

ditto, your new setting reminds me of a scott kay design. Did you ever gives us the specs on your RB. I love the size and would love to hear more details about it. Oh and please tell us the name of your jeweler. I''m in TN too. I can''t believe how quick he got your stone re-set
36.gif
it takes mine a day just to clean my rings it seams
20.gif

I love the new wedding band. I may have to order one of those myself. My current one is a cheapy we bought and is turning yellow
6.gif
I''d love a nice plain plat. one..
it does look like a scott kay!

do remind us of the specs kitty. you have quite a collection there! you don''t have insurance on any of it?
33.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree belle reminds me of Scott Kay too. Kitty please give us the specs!!!

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
{{{{Ohhh Kitty I just read through your whole thread! How awful for you but your new setting is oh-so-fabulous!!!}}}}
{{{{This simpler (but not simple!) setting really does showcase your stone and make it look super huge! Very nice! Your jeweler sounds like a very accomodating person - they are not a dime a dozen!!}}}}}
{{{{ditto, your new setting reminds me of a scott kay design. Did you ever gives us the specs on your RB. I love the size and would love to hear more details about it. I can''t believe how quick he got your stone re-set it takes mine a day just to clean my rings it seams}}}}}

Ditto to all of the above! I love the look of the new set!!! Fabulous pictures!

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
OH KITTYKAT!!! I so happy for you :) IT LOOKS FABULOUS!!!!! WOW, the band looks great with both rings! OH I LOVE IT! It makes me see how a thin band can your stone look sooooooooooooooooooooooooo big!!!!!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Wow KCM! Your new setting looks great and your stone really pops! I am so glad that you are feeling better.

I do hope you will post the name of your jeweler he sounds very nice!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello Kitty,

As a guy let me first say, how sorry I was to hear of your hurt baby, but let me say that the new setting, IMHO, is WAY nicer than the setting that was hurt. You have one of the most beautiful diamonds on PS and the new setting let''s that baby sing.

Again, I''m sorry for the pain you have been through, but out of the rubble something grand was built and it sit''s beautifully on your finger.
36.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW, KCS.
6.gif
It makes your center stone look totally huge and it really stands out. It looks great with the plain band, too. I agree with your husband that this may be it!!!!!

kittycatsmac

Shiny_Rock
Sorry it took me so long I had to fax some papers for hubby...

1.98ct rb E VS1

my jewelers name is Kevin Owmeen ...

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
As my three year old says when she''s very impressed,"WOW PA WOW PA WOW!!!" That makes your stone look huge!!!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t remember seeing a picture of the old setting but this new one looks great! You chose a winner!

BTW, where in TN are you?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/4/2006 7:56:30 PM
Author: kittycatsmac
Sorry it took me so long I had to fax some papers for hubby...

1.98ct rb E VS1

my jewelers name is Kevin Owmeen ...

do you have any measurements...diameter/depth etc..I just love the size and just under the 2 carat mark would be perfect for my upgrade
27.gif

Julian

Brilliant_Rock
Now, THAT is a setting!

GORGEOUS! I love love love it.

I am so sorry to hear what happened to your setting. But on another note, how lucky that the RB wasn''t damaged! Running exerts thousands of pounds of pressure -- and think of big men on that ring with all the force of their boots! Yikes!

I am so glad your RB is OK and the new setting is STUNNING!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
I love that setting! To be honest the old one did not do justice to that beautiful center stone, in my opinion. All those baguettes almost detracted from it. But your new one, WOW!!!! I LOVE it. Is it scott kay? is it platinum? I would hold on to that baby and never re-set it! I am nervous on your behalf - insure your rings girl!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I do like the new setting alot more than the old. It''s amazing that your jeweler was able to show you a setting you liked and set it in what, a day?

So you won''t be leaving your expensive jewelry beside the sink anymore right?
2.gif

diamond_quester

Shiny_Rock
Kitty, I''m sorry to hear about the damage to your original ring but LOVE your new setting! It shows off your fabulous new center stone just perfectly! I love the stylish side detail too and how complements rather than detracts from the center stone.

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
wooo, kittycat how did you feel about your new beautiful setting this morning ????? I do love it :) I just wanted you to know that I went a head and put the 2.36ct RB back in layaway today. It is a J/SI3 but I have to tell you where the flaw is will be easily covered by a prong. It measures 8.71X8.61 and is ideal cut. I have thought long and hard about it but after the jeweler took an additional $1000.00 off I had to go for it. Do you know what your stone measurements are? I want to get a feel for how big the stone is going to look on my finger. I figure your stone and this one are very similar in size :) WOOOOO I may have to go for the thin setting like yours :) WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I am nervous but excited. I know alot of people here don''t like SI3 but this one is really pretty face up and face down. There is one small feather that is noticable but right on the edge so easily coverable nothing like my marquise. I can''t wait to see my marquise done....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results