shape
carat
color
clarity

What a difference some Leon makes!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Beacon! This stone is my ''poster child''...proof positive that a less than kicken ''asscher'' can be beautiful. It''s too deep, off square, has a big culet, and only G/G symmetry/polish!
5.gif

It is an old stone...my Dad bought it in the early ''60s out of an estate. Probably cut in the ''20s-''30''s....

widget

Love that interesting history. Indeed, it does not need to be *perfect* to be perfectly beautiful. I love the idea of having a diamond that has been around for a while and has seen things that we have never seen. I guess I am a romantic in that regard....

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
I know I''m late posting...

The ring was beautiful before but it''s stunning now! Love it!!

widget

Ideal_Rock
THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU you all!!

Now that I've had the week to enjoy this ring, I'm more in love and overwhelmed than ever. I don't think I really realized what a huge improvement this reset would make. It's almost like all three stones have been released from bondage, and have had new life breathed into them!

....and you're so right, DiDi...opened up, the sidestones are a brand new pleasure for me...I can enjoy their concentric depths and brightness now. They were really obscured in the old setting.

Lordy, I'm almost waxing poetic!
19.gif

I read somewhere that diamonds look their best in 'dappled sunlight' so I thought I'd give it a try.

Here's a another handshot....the stones seem to glow....

000_3726.JPG

widget

Ideal_Rock
....and here's another closeup, showing off the long overlooked and neglected "asscherness" of one of the sidestones...

(Highjack time: Didiamond, didn't you mention you might have a 'little something' to share with us??? [hard to imagine anything sparkly of yours that might be considered 'little' LOL
9.gif
FESS UP, GIRL!!!!)

widget

000_3725.JPG

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Wow Widget that last shot really captures it all.
What an amazing ring.
Those asschers are makin me drool.......
3.gif
3.gif

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
ummm.. DROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLl

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Wow, Widget. This last photo is spectacular. Your asschers are so beautiful and really on display with the sides being open. Oh, I love the split claw prongs!!!

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
holy crap... what an amazing transformation!

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
HOLY CR@P!!! Widget, it is stunning!!! Oh, my...absolutely speechless.
18.gif

didiamond

Brilliant_Rock
widget, I had to come back and see your Leon masterpiece again! That last picture totally captures the beauty of your center and side stones!!!!!!! It looks like a "photo by Mara"! There is absolutely NO QUESTION that your ring turned out FABULOUSO! I hope your wearing that baby everywhere.

(I won''t hijack your thread so I''ll start another one
28.gif
with a matching piece to yours!)

widget

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/20/2006 2:25:51 PM
Author: didiamond

(I won''t hijack your thread so I''ll start another one
28.gif
with a matching piece to yours!)
Well.......I''m waiting!!!
3.gif

Here''s another picture. I got tired of looking at my ol'' ''Granny hands'' and found myself a younger hand model
1.gif

000_3750.JPG

widget

Ideal_Rock
.....and here''s another.

(I cropped off part of her sweet face, in case her mother doesn''t approve of me showing her off all over the net. Trust me...she''s BEAUTIFUL!!
30.gif

Granny widget

000_u76751.jpg

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Oh my! I just can''t stop looking at your ring. It is just perfect! Your little hand model has a big grin while wearing Grandma''s masterpiece!

didiamond

Brilliant_Rock
I love your new ''model''!!!!! Your granddaughter looks beautiful (even WITH only a half of a face!)! I think you might have started trouble though. Can you imagine what''s going through her mind right now? Oh granny, I can''t wait to get this some day. She''s going to fight tooth and nail for the rights to a Leon masterpiece!!!!!!!! Oh dear, what HAVE YOU DONE!!!!!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
How precious Widget. She looks adorable wearing your ring. Aren''t grandchildren the most precious things ever?
30.gif

We absolutely adore our two little grandboys.
Linda

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
WOWZA!!!!
30.gif

It..looks...STUNNING!

And it looks super cute on your new "model," too!

Wear it in good health!

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
Your new hand model is too cute!
I''ve decided - I want a widget ec/asscher three stone for my 15th or 20th anniversary (if I can wait that long!)
It''s just so elegant!

Scintillating...

ello

Brilliant_Rock
Widget - wanna trade your Leon for mine - LOL! It''s stunning! Oooooh-love the claws and the delicate Leon touch.

This baby is going to rock your world! Twirl - I''m so excited for you!

I wonder if Leon is married and what he created as an engagement ring? Imagine that...

31.gif

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/21/2006 7:28:08 PM
Author: Ries
I wonder if Leon is married and what he created as an engagement ring? Imagine that...
31.gif

I asked him about this. He is fairly young, maybe mid 40s and married, with kids.
He said he didn't give his wife an engagement ring, he said in his culture they don't give engagement rings - just a little ring as a token, nothing splashy. (I think he said he's Armenian, someone correct me if I'm wrong.)

I bet he's made something for her since - he didn't say what. My *guess* would be some sort of colored stones, he implied to me that he really likes colored stones.

He did say one of the favorite pieces he's ever made was a large asscher ring. He just loves Asschers. I thought at the time maybe he was refering to the Lovey, or one of the ginormous asschers on the website.

He is fascinating.

Scintillating...

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
aww widget, love the new pics with your grandbaby. i can tell she is just gorgeous too and that blond hair, how precious....I took my 2 year old into a jewelry store the other day and she wanted to look at the sparkles with mommy instead of playing in the kids area. when my husband came home she ran right up to him and said..''i saw a biiiiiig diamond" i was so busted for jewelry shopping, no more secret trips for me
2.gif

the BIG diamond she saw was one of the huge paper weights in the display case...she was just fasinated by it.

widget

Ideal_Rock
Aaaah, thanks MrsS....she is a cutie-pie!

Didiamond mentioned earlier about it being dangerous exposing her to this stuff so young. It''s too late. I think she got the gene. She''s been all over my jewelry since she could walk...like a fly on meat! (LOL...thanks Mara...I don''t know how I''ve lived this long without having heard that great expression)

Scint..interesting about Leon. I certainly hope his wife "Americans him up" pretty soon! Can you imagine being married to him and NOT having any bling of your own?
23.gif

Maybe it''s sort of like the cobbler''s family going barefoot.....

widget

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awww widget, your grandaughter is just adorable, she does make a lovely hand model.

widget

Ideal_Rock
Well, I''ve tried endlessly to get pictures as great as Mara''s, LynnB''s, now TPOX, and failed miserably! Maybe asshers don''t play optical tricks as well as RBs??

So...I''ve resorted to nature shots. Here are a few.

First, here''s my baby on a rock:

000_3864.JPG

widget

Ideal_Rock
.....and in the wood pile...

000_3858.JPG

widget

Ideal_Rock
....in a tree...

000_3862.jpg

widget

Ideal_Rock
...near a strange woodland creature....
1.gif

000_3837.JPG

widget

Ideal_Rock
...and finally, two flower shots...

One:

000_3854.JPG

widget

Ideal_Rock
.....and another....

Uroseuplicated-.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
HUBBA HUBBA HONKER.

ps. -- ''Fraid you don''t need any special effects or tricks or fog machines or shopping channel "star" filters, my dear!

kucinta

Rough_Rock
Ooh, love those flower shots... and the one on the woodpile is BLINDINGLY BLINGY &WHITE!!!
18.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results