shape
carat
color
clarity

What’s the next big thing for 2006????

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/23/2006 2:14:31 AM
Author: Garry H (Cut Nut)

(Chuckle) How about this Clammer?
A Pricescope original

Gee!...
9.gif
same piece, just turned around, right?

MissAva

Ideal_Rock

Date: 1/23/2006 2:14:31 AM
Author: Garry H (Cut Nut)

Date: 1/15/2006 1:59:27 PM
Author:clammer
I was looking through past posts and in one Mara said that PSers seem to be ahead in the trends, and I think she’s right. The eternity style and the halo are popular, but what do you think the new 2006 style will be?
(Chuckle) How about this Clammer?
A Pricescope original
Ah! An updated version of a claddagh ring, too fun!

Personally I think what we see on Pricescope is pretty far off from what one sees in day to day life. I have yet to see a princess cut on anyone, except mine. I do see a lot of Ovals, Emeralds, Rounds with the occasional cushion thrown in. I see halos but the majority seem to be RHR.. I do think however that this thread has answered the question nicely.
Everyone has given different answers about what they think will be popular and it could be that they are all correct, as more designers find their way into bridal magazines and local brick and mortar stores it may be that consumers have a better chance of seeing what suits them, and being less pulled by trends. I would say that metal color is probably the thing that effects the trends the most and that is likely going to stay white for a bit longer, judging my magazine, radio and television ads. I think once commercial companies pour this much money into something that they want it to last and so it likely will.
For myself I am hoping the metal rolled in sugar (uber-pave) will go out because I don’t much care for it and people seem to have more trouble with it.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL on the buns Deco. You crack me up girl..

I think also more split shank rings...we were just in Joe E the other day since one of my girlfriends will be getting engaged soon and she wanted to see what kind of settings she liked. There were a handful of split shank rings with princess, round, halo rounds, and also an asscherish kind of stone in there and I asked the gal if these were becoming more popular and she said yes definitely. So I''ll throw that in there too.

roxy7

Shiny_Rock
Strangely enough, I see pave everywhere on p-scope, but I haven''t seen it on an engagement ring of anyone I know. I can think of close to 10 girls who have gotten engaged in the past couple of years, and every single one had a solitare engagement ring.

The solitares that I am remembering were round, emerald cut, princess, one marquise, cushion, and oval. No pears. So the shapes run the gamut. The sizes ranged from 1/2-carat to 2-1/2 carats. A lot of the girls got diamond encrusted wedding bands.

I guess what I wonder about is whether the pave look can really go out when I feel like it was never really tha in. But then again, I do see it in all the magazines and stuff.

i''m meeting with Leon next week and will probably get something with pave, but I hope it doesn''t go out of style!!!!!
6.gif

Allium

Rough_Rock
Cushions will be EVERYWHERE.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Overall, I think the super-ultra-thin-and-dainty-while-also-diamond-encrusted look is very in right now and will probably continue to be for awhile.

And I think that unique cuts like asschers, cushions, and branded cuts like Lucida are going to become more common.

Even though we see lots and lots of halos on PS, and even though I''m seeing them in B&M windows, I haven''t seen ANY in real life, so it''s hard to say whether that''s going to become more mainstream.

We''ll continue to see classics such as solitaires and 3-stone rings, mostly in platinum.

pelican

Rough_Rock
Hi, I am very late to this thread but I will say that since last fall, everyone I know that''s gotten engaged has been proposed to with a halo e-ring... I think it''s been a very significant trend that will probably only get stronger in the next year. I''m in California (LA and SF) so this might have something to do with it. This style is also being heavily advertised in B+M stores and in print ads, so I think it will be a long while before this trend dies!

I also wonder how halo settings will be regarded in a few years... will they appear dated or will they simply appear "antique?"
34.gif

As far as future trends, I definitely think that more minimalist solitaire settings will gain popularity, once the pave/halo craze dies down.

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Three stone (past present and future rings) like the beauties we''ve seen on PS!

stacy4232

Rough_Rock
My boyfriend and I just bought a cushion and are having it set in a vintage style setting made by Quest. When I tell my friends the shape of the diamond, none of them have heard of it! But then again, none of them are big diamond people. So I guess, though the cushion is certainly becoming very popular, it hasn''t yet become mainstream in Austin, Texas. But I agree that in the next year or two - it will become much more mainstream.

elepri

Brilliant_Rock
In New York, I see mostly cushions and rounds. Probably about 3/4 of them are in halo settings. I haven''t seen a princess on anyone who''s gotten engaged in the past 3 years or so.

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
My opinion,

Antique cuts- Antique-cut and more Antique-cuts,

All different assortments of them...

And a lot of Step-Cut diamonds of different weird geometric shapes, speciality cuts...

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I posted about this recently but in a celeb mag with a bunch of recently engaged there were all ''classic styles'' that they had, like 3 stone, solitaire with no sidestones, solitaire with sidestones etc. their jeweler was quoted as saying that pave and halos are going out and that we won''t see as many of those as we have in the past. It''s very clean, simple lines now. Note that the celebs who got engaged have huge ctw rings, but I do agree that on here I see a return to simplicity, but how long to translate that to real life? Maybe more like 2007.

thunkpad

Shiny_Rock
Here in the UK (well where I am in Middlesbrough anyway) B&M stores are still stuck with the simple solitaire. Even a fancy like a Princess or Emerald is considered 'unusual'. Nothing wrong with simple but I wish they'd look around a bit and get some variety in their windows - very boring!
24.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results