shape
carat
color
clarity

WF''s turnaround time?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

adrienneg

Shiny_Rock
For all those that have ordered from WF in the past, what is your experience with WF''s turnaround time? I received great service from them in the beginning, but now that I''ve wired the money, it takes forever to get an email response. This is a huge purchase for us and I know WF has a great reputation, etc., but I am starting to wrory that I wired the money instead of using a credit card now. Maybe I''m being paranoid.

Anyway, we ordered a diamond and the Stuller Solstice setting to replace my engagement ring (long story). It is a Valentine''s Day/3 year anniversary present from my hubby. I wired the money last thursday, 1/29. Since the ring situation is settled for us and it was ordered, my hubby surprised me with another present, a vacation to Phx for a few days. This is considered a baby moon but he scheduled for us to leave on 2/11. I emailed my rep at WF on Friday to see if I would get the ring by then, but didn''t hear back. Maybe it''s because I emailed towards the end of the day and he was gone for the weekend. This morning, I followed up with an email explaining my situation, and that I don''t want to rush them, but if the date wasn''t realistic, I will ask hubby to push the vacation back a week or 2, because I possibly couldn''t be gone for a few days thinking about my ring. I still haven''t heard back. I am sure they are busy, but going half a day without getting en email response to a question that doesn''t seem that hard to answer isn''t really sitting well with me.

Does anyone have any experience with WF''s turnaround time and how long it took for them to actually ship the ring out to you? At this point, I don''t know what to tell my hubby. Being Feb 11 is next Wednesday, I''d really like to figure out what to do ... should I just push the trip out a couple weeks?

denverboy

Shiny_Rock
for me - once the item was ready, shipping was done quickly and overnight - ready for pickup by 10:30AM at fedex.

if you need to push them along to get it done quicker, do NOT email them - they don''t always reply quickly... call them and usually that works much better. if it''s urgent, tell them it is, and maybe they can push it to the front of the line.

calh22a

Rough_Rock
I just recently purchased from WF. I made the purchase on a Tuesday and it was shipped out by the next Monday. WF had the stone and setting on hand. When I made the purchase, they gave me an expected ship date. Did they provide one for you? I remember my sales associate said something along the lines of 1 week for stones and setting on hand and about 1 month or so for custom work.
Sorry to hear about your situation. Being that it''s close to valentines day, I''m sure they''re quite busy right now. Perhaps you can just give them a call and get a verbal answer. I''m pretty sure they wouldn''t mind. Their customer service is really excellent and accommodating. Hope everything works out!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
When I ordered my ring they gave me a quote of when they would ship it on my order confirmation. They were exactly on the date with this and the ring arrived that morning before 10am. If email isn''t working I would suggest calling and asking when they think the ring will be ready. Email isn''t always the best form of communication.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2009 4:37:31 PM
Author: kcoursolle
When I ordered my ring they gave me a quote of when they would ship it on my order confirmation. They were exactly on the date with this and the ring arrived that morning before 10am. If email isn't working I would suggest calling and asking when they think the ring will be ready. Email isn't always the best form of communication.

Agreed. And half a business day isn't that long IMO, remember this is one of their busiest seasons and they have many other customers.

But they are usually right on time with their estimates if not a bit early.

But I have to ask, why can't you go on vacation without your ring? Seems silly to move a vacation to sit at home and wait for it.

NovemberBride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/2/2009 3:14:51 PM
Author:adrienneg
For all those that have ordered from WF in the past, what is your experience with WF''s turnaround time? I received great service from them in the beginning, but now that I''ve wired the money, it takes forever to get an email response. This is a huge purchase for us and I know WF has a great reputation, etc., but I am starting to wrory that I wired the money instead of using a credit card now. Maybe I''m being paranoid.

Anyway, we ordered a diamond and the Stuller Solstice setting to replace my engagement ring (long story). It is a Valentine''s Day/3 year anniversary present from my hubby. I wired the money last thursday, 1/29. Since the ring situation is settled for us and it was ordered, my hubby surprised me with another present, a vacation to Phx for a few days. This is considered a baby moon but he scheduled for us to leave on 2/11. I emailed my rep at WF on Friday to see if I would get the ring by then, but didn''t hear back. Maybe it''s because I emailed towards the end of the day and he was gone for the weekend. This morning, I followed up with an email explaining my situation, and that I don''t want to rush them, but if the date wasn''t realistic, I will ask hubby to push the vacation back a week or 2, because I possibly couldn''t be gone for a few days thinking about my ring. I still haven''t heard back. I am sure they are busy, but going half a day without getting en email response to a question that doesn''t seem that hard to answer isn''t really sitting well with me.

Does anyone have any experience with WF''s turnaround time and how long it took for them to actually ship the ring out to you? At this point, I don''t know what to tell my hubby. Being Feb 11 is next Wednesday, I''d really like to figure out what to do ... should I just push the trip out a couple weeks?
I really think you are worrying about nothing. You sent an email to someone at a business open M-F at the end of the day Friday and you are worried about your purchase because you didn''t get a response by mid-day Monday? Not to mention, it''s a jewelry business, so they probably aren''t sitting in front of the computer all day responding to email. Honestly, and I am someone that demands a high level of service, I think you need to give it a day or two or call if you need an immediate answer.

adrienneg

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the responses. I am not demanding a high level of service or complaining, I was mostly wondering about their turnaround times. I would reschedule our vacation only if WF told me the ring would be here on one of the days that we would be gone. If not, then I will go on vacation, and it''ll be fine. I will give WF more time to respond and will not bother them with a phone call until tomorrow. I am sure they are busy with orders for VDay. This is a really big purchase for us and I don''t want to rush them because I do want everything to come out well in the end. I was just wondering if I should reschedule the vacation or not.. I didn''t want the package to be sitting at Fed Ex for too long and I wouldn''t be able to stop thinking about it if I knew it was while I was out of town. Yes, I must be crazy and obsessed with the ring. It took me 2 months to pick a diamond and a setting, so it''s a really big deal for me.

Thanks again.

runnrgrl

Rough_Rock
Also, depending on your consultant, they may have weird hours. The consultant I''m working with right now worked normal business hours Friday, but is working 5pm-2am today (central time). They may not have seen the email yet.

denverboy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/2/2009 5:08:13 PM
Author: adrienneg
Thanks for the responses. I am not demanding a high level of service or complaining, I was mostly wondering about their turnaround times. I would reschedule our vacation only if WF told me the ring would be here on one of the days that we would be gone. If not, then I will go on vacation, and it'll be fine. I will give WF more time to respond and will not bother them with a phone call until tomorrow. I am sure they are busy with orders for VDay. This is a really big purchase for us and I don't want to rush them because I do want everything to come out well in the end. I was just wondering if I should reschedule the vacation or not.. I didn't want the package to be sitting at Fed Ex for too long and I wouldn't be able to stop thinking about it if I knew it was while I was out of town. Yes, I must be crazy and obsessed with the ring. It took me 2 months to pick a diamond and a setting, so it's a really big deal for me.

Thanks again.

if that's the case... then I would just call WF and tell them you'll be out of town and to hold the package and not ship it out until you get back. I'm sure WF could do that for you

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2009 5:26:04 PM
Author: denverboy
Date: 2/2/2009 5:08:13 PM

Author: adrienneg

Thanks for the responses. I am not demanding a high level of service or complaining, I was mostly wondering about their turnaround times. I would reschedule our vacation only if WF told me the ring would be here on one of the days that we would be gone. If not, then I will go on vacation, and it''ll be fine. I will give WF more time to respond and will not bother them with a phone call until tomorrow. I am sure they are busy with orders for VDay. This is a really big purchase for us and I don''t want to rush them because I do want everything to come out well in the end. I was just wondering if I should reschedule the vacation or not.. I didn''t want the package to be sitting at Fed Ex for too long and I wouldn''t be able to stop thinking about it if I knew it was while I was out of town. Yes, I must be crazy and obsessed with the ring. It took me 2 months to pick a diamond and a setting, so it''s a really big deal for me.

Thanks again.

if that''s the case... then I would just call WF and tell them you''ll be out of town and to hold the package and not ship it out until you get back. I''m sure WF could do that for you

Yes they would be happy to hold it for you I''m sure.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
WF is pretty reliable but they are ordering a setting for you that they don''t have in-house, plus you want to up the schedule PLUS you are expecting them to have the answer in half a day. There are multiple steps.

If you are worried about the timing either move the vacation or plan on having WF send out the package after you return. Don''t leave it sitting at FedEx, though.

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
Adrienne, I'd be happy to look into it for you. My extension is x2543; if you leave a voicemail, I'll be happy to look into it for you.

As of this moment, I'm not sure if your ring is a custom order or not, so I'd need to do a little homework for you.

Above all, please don't worry. We can make whatever arrangements need to be made to be sure your package isn't sitting for an extended time.

ETA: It looks like your post was crossing with the email reply from us confirming your anticipated ship date. I see you've already connected with your SA.

adrienneg

Shiny_Rock
I did hear back from my rep, and I will be getting the ring on Tuesday, 2/10, the day before we go on our trip. Thanks everyone for your responses.
36.gif

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Whiteflash came through again. I am glad to hear they can make your schedule. Don't forget us for photos!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a good reminder that email isn''t the only form of communication. If you are worried about something, just pick up the phone and call. Many times, the email will get "lost" in cyberspace and my emails tend to end up the the junk pile which I have to sort through daily to make sure I don''t accidentally throw something important out.

bgray

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/3/2009 12:02:36 PM
Author: Chrono
This is a good reminder that email isn''t the only form of communication. If you are worried about something, just pick up the phone and call. Many times, the email will get ''lost'' in cyberspace and my emails tend to end up the the junk pile which I have to sort through daily to make sure I don''t accidentally throw something important out.

well said. i ditto all the terrific Whiteflash experiences-

clicktoactivate

Rough_Rock
I had a great experience with WF as well. My emails were responded to in a reasonable amount of time, and the one time I needed a quicker response I called and was helped by someone else. I wound up having two people help me finalize my stone and setting choice. The ring was completed in 4 - 5 business days after the wire transfer went through. I should be picking it up at Fed-Ex tomorrow
emthup.gif

adrienneg

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/4/2009 5:52:20 PM
Author: clicktoactivate
I had a great experience with WF as well. My emails were responded to in a reasonable amount of time, and the one time I needed a quicker response I called and was helped by someone else. I wound up having two people help me finalize my stone and setting choice. The ring was completed in 4 - 5 business days after the wire transfer went through. I should be picking it up at Fed-Ex tomorrow
emthup.gif
Hi,

I was wondering if you had a chance to pick up the ring yet. I would love to see some pictures. :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results