shape
carat
color
clarity

WF w-prong 3 stone ring- sidestones size?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
So my e-ring is packaged and I''m ready to ship it tomorrow morning to WF for it''s new setting! I was originally going to go with the .50tcw sidestones (my center diamond is a 1.06 princess and the new setting will have princess cut sides as well) but thinking it over this week, I''m wondering if the bigger sidestones (.65tcw) wouldn''t be better? I''ve e-mailed Bob for his opinion but I''d like other opinions as well.

Thanks!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
It really depends what look you are going for. If you want a substantial look, go for the .50''s. If you want something more delicate to highlight the center stone, then maybe .25 each.

lisaC

Brilliant_Rock
I really liked the size of the .25''s with the 1.18 in the photo John posted on your other thread. Boy are you giving me ideas about my solitaire...I think they''d give the look of the .65tcw when paired with your 1.06. Hopefully WF''ll reply or else Admin might mock something up for you.
I do have a question- what colour and clarity are the sides and will they be their aca princesses?
1.gif

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Lisa, I''m assuming they are ACA princesses because if I had done rounds, they would be ACA''s. I did e-mail Bob for clarification. I believe they will be no lower than G/H, eye-clean SI1-2s. I still haven''t decided which size, and is the size difference worth the cost difference!

Kasey3

Shiny_Rock
Hi there, I recently had the exact sames decision to make for a three stone RB. I purchased two .41s as side stones to go with my 1.2 center. When I compared them to the center stone I didn''t feel they were big enough-as my goal was to have one big ol finger of bling!!!

So...I ordered two .56 RBs, and of course the cost was double-so I was debating with myself about this issue-could I justify this ect. The stones arrived and they were definately bigger, but when I compared the two options back and forth, and back and forth, over and over...I realized that they both looked great!!! The smaller stones highlighted my 1.2- and the larger ones kind of blended with the center for a big bling look. I debated with myself again, and ended up going with the larger stones because my initial concept of my dream 3-stone was "big finger of bling". I had to make my decision quickly, and I don''t regret it-and of corse I have found away to justify the added cost!! All three stones are now with Leon and I am sooo excited.

I know exactly how you feel, and either way your ring will look great as your stone is beautiful-just ask yourself what look you are ultimately seeking and go from there.

Good Luck-and I can''t wait to see your results.

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Lisa,

I spoke to Bob about the sidestones and they are not ACA princesses. The ACA princesses do not come that small (darn it
11.gif
).

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
what an excellent choice feb!
36.gif
i love it!

for reference, my center is 1.22 and the sides are .25 each. i think it is a nice balance. the sides don't overwhelm the center, yet if you are more than a few feet away, all you see is a big chunk o' sparkle. i wanted my center to still be...well, the center of attention, so i like the 'smaller' sides. if you like the look of more similar sized stones going across the entire band, then get the bigger sides. either way, it is going to be stunning!
if you are still undecided, perhaps you could ask irina if she would so kindly photoshop a couple of options.

i can't wait to see it!
36.gif

lisaC

Brilliant_Rock
Lisa,

I spoke to Bob about the sidestones and they are not ACA princesses. The ACA princesses do not come that small (darn it ).
Bummer! So what will they be?
And what did they suggest? sizewise I mean.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think .25 each would be a really nice complement to the center stone without competing with it.

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Belle- What type of wedding band would you recommend to go with the 3 stone w-prong? Bob did suggest not wearing a band at all because it may wear down the prongs over time. But I''d like to wear a wedding band, even if its a 2mm plain band. Thanks!

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
FG- thanks! I''m really leaning towards the .25 sides because I''d like to highlight the center stone, not compete with it.

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Lisa- I guess WF will just choose sidestones that match up best with my center stone. Bob hasn''t suggested one size over another but he did say that the .50tcw sides would be big enough. I think I''m leaning towards the .25 each sides
1.gif

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
hi Feb2003Bride! Welcome back!!! ( have not seen you around for a while!) I love that w prong setting. Can''t wait to see your pics! I think either of the wedding bands you already have will look nice with the 3 stone. I would probably wear a plain band personally. Maybe a thin one, 2mm??

I was a little surprised that you decided to change your setting from that awesome quest creation. Do you think you will re-use your current setting to hold a gemstone? If so, that would make a stunning RHR!

Good luck with the project!

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Hi Gail!

I''m actually getting a scrap credit for the Quest setting, but now that you mention it, maybe having it reset with a gem would be a great idea!

I know I''ve mentioned it in another post, but I recently finished medical treatments. I kept the watch that DH gave me, but my last treatment was a doozy so DH really encouraged me to go ahead and turn my e-ring into a three stone ring (one diamond for each child). I prefer the look of smaller sidestones and letting the center stone be the main stone, but I didn''t want TINY sidestones. But from searching through pictures here at pricescope, it looks like the .25 sides aren''t as small as I''m imagining
1.gif

But speaking to Bob yesterday, he said that the trellis three stone setting for princess cuts was stunning as well, so while I think I''m definitely going going with the .25 sides (.50tcw) I''m now undecided whether to go with the w-prong or the trells/x-prong, lol. I have to decide today...

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Do you have any wedding band already fb? I also will try to find a good picture of a ring to photoshop your size stones into it if you''d like.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
I have a crazy idea how to make any band not to touch prongs of an e-ring. How modern are you fb?
9.gif

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Um...er... oh my gosh! I guess so??
41.gif

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
ok then, i will make a picture, it's one of those new bands i am thinking of - less expensive and can be made out of your existing one.

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow, ok, I''m totally intrigued!!!

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Ii did not forget about you fb, here is the cheapest one, just 2 (or more) diamonds (colored stones...i think tiny pad sapphires will be great there) bezeled into one side of your band half way. The other halves will play separation ring role. For the life of me i can''t recall how they are called.

BezelBandGold.jpg

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Here is your hand with the solitaire, and a new band which allows future 3-stone gallery not to touch wedding band.

BezelBand.jpg

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Irina I love it!!! That''s so cool!! I wondering if WF can really make that...

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Would it be possible for you to photoshop that ring onto an x-prong three stone?

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/19/2007 6:40:56 PM
Author: february2003bride
Irina I love it!!! That''s so cool!! I wondering if WF can really make that...
Are you kidding, it''s no Sisley! It''s the simplest and the cheapest thing ever. Do they have your wedding band?
Also if you choose pad sapphires they will almost blend up with your skin tone in between rings and will not be visually destructive.

I will make trellis as soon as i find a good hand picture.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
hi Feb2003Bride! I am so glad your medical treatments are done and I hope you are feeling better (soon if not already). What a great reason to go 3 stone! I think you can''t go wrong with a trellis or W prong, both are so nice! I love the idea that Pricescope has for your w-band as well - that is really neat and innovative.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results