shape
carat
color
clarity

WF Scattered Diamond Band (Recycling Project Complete!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

HooCares

Shiny_Rock
I recently asked WF to help me with a recycling project, using stones that were set into a custom, shared-prong band. The shared-prong band was going to be my wedding band, until I discovered Memoire! It was custom made by someone locally, but I don''t think the custom job was done well at all. On the other hand, WF did an amazing job setting the stones into one of their plain half round wedding bands, and voila...a scattered diamond band emerged! I''m going to wear it on my right ring finger.

First, the "before" picture...
15.gif

IMG_0875.JPG

HooCares

Shiny_Rock
Next, the WF pics of my new band!
1.gif

WF Scattered Diamond Band small.JPG

HooCares

Shiny_Rock
Finally, a pic of the new band on my finger!
36.gif

I have to add that Katie & Vera at WF were great to work with! This is my 2nd project with WF and I continue to be impressed with their level of knowledge and customer service. I also know that Leon and his team were an integral part of the process, so thanks to them and the rest of the WF team also!

IMG_0940small.JPG

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Oh I love the way that turned out! There is nothing like a well done recycling project to bring new life to old diamonds. That is a really pretty band - great idea and well executed by Whiteflash.

Edited to add: by the way what is the width of your new band?

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, I am so glad to see that you got this done! How many mm is the band? I LOVE it! I need to find some diamonds to recycle... :)

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Really lovely. Great idea.

shay

HooCares

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, Sundial, FacetFire, & Shay! The band is 4mm wide. I thought I wanted 5 mm, but when I tried on a 5mm band in a local store, I thought it looked too wide on my finger. I'm glad I decided to go with the 4mm. It might help to add that I wear a size 3.75 on that finger.

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
Wow- that was a great recycling project!
what are the size of the stones you used and how many were there?

When did you have the "before" ring made? was it relatively new or an older piece?

Isn''t it great to be able to bring new life to old stones?

HooCares

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/31/2007 8:10:43 PM
Author: dtnyc
Wow- that was a great recycling project!
what are the size of the stones you used and how many were there?

When did you have the ''before'' ring made? was it relatively new or an older piece?

Isn''t it great to be able to bring new life to old stones?
Hi dtnyc,

This is my first time recycling and I am very happy with the results! The difference between the workmanship of the two bands is amazing! Or perhaps I was asking for the impossible to be done in the original band. Anyway, the original band was made in 2004 so it''s just a few years old. The appraisal I had on it said that it contained 9 3-point stones. However, WF told me that they were more like 2.5 point stones. Two of the stones were chipped and were unusable in the new band. But then WF added one ACA melee (.023 ct), for a total of 8 stones in the new band (we needed an even number to get the pattern right). So there might be a small variation in weight among the stones used, but I can''t tell the difference at all.

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
So the 8 stones- are they scattered around the whole band? do they have holes behind them or is all metal?

I am sorry, I can''t tell from the pictures.

It''s REALLY cool- I have a 9 stone channel set ring that was given to me as a gift years ago and it''s not really my style and now the wheels are turning.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow...that before picture...yikes! Your etoile-style band is just GORGEOUS!!!! Love love love it!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oooh, I love recycling projects, WF did a great job on your band. It looks amazing!!!
30.gif

HooCares

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/31/2007 8:25:04 PM
Author: dtnyc
So the 8 stones- are they scattered around the whole band? do they have holes behind them or is all metal?

I am sorry, I can''t tell from the pictures.

It''s REALLY cool- I have a 9 stone channel set ring that was given to me as a gift years ago and it''s not really my style and now the wheels are turning.
dtnyc,
Yes, the 8 stones are scattered around the entire band. There are no holes behind them--it''s all metal. From what I understand WF used one of their half round bands (you can find it on their website, but here is pic), drilled holes in it, set the bezel, and then set the stones inside them. Glad I could get your wheels turning! I wish I had some more raw material to turn into recyling masterpieces!

half round band.jpg

HooCares

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/31/2007 8:28:11 PM
Author: FireGoddess
Wow...that before picture...yikes! Your etoile-style band is just GORGEOUS!!!! Love love love it!
LOL, FireGoddess! Your reaction to the "before" pic is priceless! What do you think went wrong? I thought maybe I had asked for the impossible to be done. But now I''m just wondering if it was just the work of an unskilled jeweler. Yes, there is a huge difference between the original band and the new one, and between the original band and my shared-prong Memoire band!

HooCares

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/31/2007 8:29:24 PM
Author: Kaleigh
Oooh, I love recycling projects, WF did a great job on your band. It looks amazing!!!
30.gif
Thanks, Kaleigh!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow that turned out beautifully!

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
What an improvement! I like the new ring very much!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful and very unique!!!

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Yummy
18.gif

Beautiful redo!

HooCares

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the compliments, DeeJay, lumpkin, Skippy, & SuzyQZ!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty, Hoocares! Hmm, maybe I need to get one so we''ll match on both hands???
2.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it! What a great idea.

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!! It is amazing the difference btw the original cutsom job and the finished result with WF.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
That is absolutely beautiful!!!! I love it.

rms

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, it is sooooo beautiful, congrats! I have been wanting to do the same thing with some small red sapphires that I bought. I only have 3 of them so have been thinking about mixing it up with some blue sapphires and maybe a diamond or 2.
30.gif
30.gif

Officers girl

Shiny_Rock
Oh it turned out so beautiful!! I always loved the scattered stone bands they look so classy!! Congrats on a lovley project!!
36.gif

HooCares

Shiny_Rock
Dear Diamondseeker, Tacori, onedrop, Kimberly, Rita, SanDiegoLady, and Carly, Thank you all very much for your nice comments!

DS--Yes, I think you do need a scattered diamond band for your right hand so we''ll match!
1.gif
It''s funny how similar our tastes are! What are you working on these days?

Rita--I think it would look beautiful with red & blue sapphires, and diamonds! It would look similar to those Etienne Perret starlight bands, which I think are so pretty!

SanDiegoLady--I think you could do a scattered diamond band either way--with your wedding band or as a right hand ring! Either way would be pretty! But it would be nice to have a plain band and a scattered diamond band!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/31/2007 8:35:20 PM
Author: HooCares

LOL, FireGoddess! Your reaction to the ''before'' pic is priceless! What do you think went wrong? I thought maybe I had asked for the impossible to be done. But now I''m just wondering if it was just the work of an unskilled jeweler. Yes, there is a huge difference between the original band and the new one, and between the original band and my shared-prong Memoire band!
Hehehehe, the before ring is an easy enough design...it just looks like they swallowed up the diamonds in gobs of uneven metal. Definitely looks like unskilled work. But I love the redo!!

HooCares

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/1/2007 5:34:37 PM

Date: 1/31/2007 8:35:20 PM

LOL, FireGoddess! Your reaction to the ''before'' pic is priceless! What do you think went wrong? I thought maybe I had asked for the impossible to be done. But now I''m just wondering if it was just the work of an unskilled jeweler. Yes, there is a huge difference between the original band and the new one, and between the original band and my shared-prong Memoire band!
Hehehehe, the before ring is an easy enough design...it just looks like they swallowed up the diamonds in gobs of uneven metal. Definitely looks like unskilled work. But I love the redo!!
One of the reasons it is so uneven in the front is that I wanted to have the band curved to go around my 6-prong e-ring. But I agree, they used way too much metal. I had asked for delicate and it''s about as far from that as it could get! But anyway, it''s all in the past now, and I love my new band!
1.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/1/2007 5:55:05 PM
One of the reasons it is so uneven in the front is that I wanted to have the band curved to go around my 6-prong e-ring. But I agree, they used way too much metal. I had asked for delicate and it''s about as far from that as it could get!
Oh, believe me I could tell! I knew it was supposed to curve around the ering...it was just too much metal! It''s great you could recycle the diamonds and get a whole new look. I love the etoile line...still jonesing for one of those rings myself!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results