shape
carat
color
clarity

WF Scattered Diamond Band (Recycling Project Complete!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
hoocares, it looks fantastic!!! I love that look, always have. I''ve been thinking of recycling some small diamonds myself. Would you mind sharing the cost of the labor? I got a quote locally a few years ago, and they wanted $30 per diamond (for the setting labor alone; I already have the diamonds). I have 10. At $300 plus the cost of the band, it was more than the cost to buy a similar ring already assembled, so I had given up on the idea. Perhaps whiteflash is more reasonable?!

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
what an amazing improvement! The finished ring is beautiful. That''s something that I would wear every day! Really nice.

HooCares

Shiny_Rock
Thank you, Gail & diamondsrock!

Gail, when I divided what I paid for the labor by 8 (for the number of stones), I got something very similar to what you were quoted. I''m not sure WF computes the labor quote by the number of stones though. So they might charge the same amount for setting 8 stones and setting 10 stones, in which case WF would be more reasonable. As you can see from their website, the half round bands vary in price depending on type of metal (obviously) and width of band. I wasn''t able to find a similar band for the total cost of the WF quote, and I really wanted to use the diamonds I had so that they wouldn''t be sitting around gathering dust! Also, I will add that when two of my diamonds were chipped from the original band, and we needed an additional diamond for the new band, WF sold it to me at a VERY reasonable price. I think less reputable businesses would have taken advantage by charging me a lot for that additional diamond knowing that I had already invested in the new band.

fisiogrl

Shiny_Rock
I love it ofcourse!
It is very similar to my wedding band - only mine is narrower with smaller diamonds.

Just wondering what you were able to do with all that metal from the original ring? Was it gold or platinum and were you able to trade it in for any value?

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful, very classy!!! What a gorgeous makeover!

HooCares

Shiny_Rock
Thank you, fisiogrl &kcoursolle!

fisiogrl, the original ring was made of white gold. WF told me it wasn''t worth anything at this point, just scrap metal, so I had them send it back to me. I don''t really have any use for it though.

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The new band is a great way to make use of existing stones in a more modern way.

I was just surfing eBay and noticed something similar in platinum (.33 ctw), currently on "Buy It Now" for $799.00 They say it''s "Novell", which I presume is brand, but have never heard of.

I''ve never bought from this vendor before, but have eyed a few of their items. They have pretty good feedback, but only accept returns in the case of misrepresentation (hate that).

http://cgi.ebay.com/NOVELL-Designer-Platinum-Diamond-Eternity-Ring-7-4gr_W0QQitemZ290045181307QQihZ019QQcategoryZ110498QQcmdZViewItem

Anne

HooCares

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/9/2007 3:00:05 PM
Author: anne_h
The new band is a great way to make use of existing stones in a more modern way.

I was just surfing eBay and noticed something similar in platinum (.33 ctw), currently on ''Buy It Now'' for $799.00 They say it''s ''Novell'', which I presume is brand, but have never heard of.

I''ve never bought from this vendor before, but have eyed a few of their items. They have pretty good feedback, but only accept returns in the case of misrepresentation (hate that).

http://cgi.ebay.com/NOVELL-Designer-Platinum-Diamond-Eternity-Ring-7-4gr_W0QQitemZ290045181307QQihZ019QQcategoryZ110498QQcmdZViewItem

Anne
Hi Anne,

I have heard of Novell. Novelll Design Studio I don''t know about the vendor because I have not used Ebay before. But it looks like a pretty good deal, especially for platinum. Blue Nile sells one in platinum for $1125 with only .20 ctw (H,SI2).

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW WOW WOW

What a difference! Amazing before and after shots!

We really need a thread just on recycling projects. Cause this would inspire people.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Hoocares, I wanted to thank you for responding to my question! That helps a lot, I still want to recycle my small diamonds but will probably wait on it in favor of other jewelry priorities. When I''m ready, your project is a definite inspiration!

I hope you are enjoying your ring!!!

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Lovel Hoocares! I am having the 9 stones in my old eternity ring made in a 'pinky' ring similar too this. Originally I was going to use the yellow gold from my wedding ring eternity and mothers engagement ring but Rebecca at Precious Metals said it really was'nt going to work so I am having made in white gold to match my new platinum EC and wedding ring
36.gif

HooCares

Shiny_Rock
Gail, glad I could help to inspire!
1.gif
I think it''s interesting (in a good way!) that so many people have responded to this post that they had a similar idea in mind! And it''s not just on this board, one of my friends now really wants to get the same thing done with some of her extra small stones!

Thank you, Stone Hunter & katebar for your compliments! Stone Hunter, I like your idea of a thread to feature recycling projects! Kate, I just looked up your new ER & wedding band--they are beautiful! I really like the setting of your ER--I''m a 6-prong type of gal too! Can''t wait to see pics of your new pinky ring when it''s ready!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results