shape
carat
color
clarity

WF project

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
I was a bit hesitant about posting the CAD that I received from WF because I so wanted it to be a ''SURPRISE''. But I just couldn''t resist sharing this with all of you because we are, afterall, PS family! Also, I wanted to show Gene first since it was his stone that was used.

These are the first picture of the chrysoberyl set in a rose gold bezel setting. I so love rose gold but I don''t think it''s meant to be for this particular gemstone. Joe at WF is suggesting green gold. I''ve only seen green old used in small amount in jewelry, so I''m not too familiar with it. I did ask him to sent me another picture with the green gold, so I will post it when I get it.

I love the bezel setting!
36.gif
36.gif

xxmimiscadchrysoberyl.jpg

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Another picture. Thank you everyone!!

xxmimiscadchrysoberyl1.jpg

knitwit

Rough_Rock
Gorgeous asscher!
30.gif
...the color is fab. Can''t wait to see it in the green gold setting. I''ve never even heard of that before. The rose gold, while a beautiful setting doesn''t do the stone justice, IMO.

I''m in the process of purchasing an asscher cut stone now and purchased my Aqua from Gene so I like your taste.
9.gif

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
W
30.gif
w!! I can''t wait to see the finished product!!!

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
Ooh, where are you getting your asscher? What color will it be? :)

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Not sure green gold would be a good idea. It would lessen the color contrast the ring has in this version, and this shade of green is really cheerful and vibrant, which allows for some playful combinations IMO. But you might like it, so wait and see
2.gif
BTW, are any interventions still possible? If so, I''d (but that''s a personal preference) think about getting the shank to taper towards the back slightly. But whatever you choose, I''m sure it''ll be lovely
1.gif

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2009 12:21:43 PM
Author: knitwit
Gorgeous asscher!
30.gif
...the color is fab. Can''t wait to see it in the green gold setting. I''ve never even heard of that before. The rose gold, while a beautiful setting doesn''t do the stone justice, IMO.

I''m in the process of purchasing an asscher cut stone now and purchased my Aqua from Gene so I like your taste.
9.gif

Thank you Knitwit... I''m waiting to see if the green gold is going to do it justice. I''m still not sure.

I can''t wait to see the aqua! Gene does such a fabulous job with asscher cuts. Please post lots of pictures!!
36.gif

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2009 12:24:09 PM
Author: Tuckins1
W
30.gif
w!! I can''t wait to see the finished product!!!

Thank you Tuckins1!! It should be done end of this month..

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2009 12:24:36 PM
Author: karee888
Ooh, where are you getting your asscher? What color will it be? :)

Karee: I got the asscher chrysoberyl from Gene at pricisioncut a couple of months ago. I can''t wait to get the ring!
31.gif

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2009 12:27:03 PM
Author: ma re
Not sure green gold would be a good idea. It would lessen the color contrast the ring has in this version, and this shade of green is really cheerful and vibrant, which allows for some playful combinations IMO. But you might like it, so wait and see
2.gif
BTW, are any interventions still possible? If so, I''d (but that''s a personal preference) think about getting the shank to taper towards the back slightly. But whatever you choose, I''m sure it''ll be lovely
1.gif
Ma re: I was a bit unsure about the rose gold but wanted to see how the chrys looked with it. Now I know that''s a no-go. WF suggested green gold and I have never seen jewelry with all green gold. I''m also wondering if the color will clash against my skin color (slight yellow tone).

These are just preliminary computer pictures that they sent so I can make the changes that I want. When you say "taper toward the back" do you mean the shank rounded off or the ring to the back of the finger to be smaller in mm??

Thanks, Ma re!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous, love it can''t wait to see it finished.
30.gif

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Stunning Mochi, just stunning. I love that setting. Another poster has a ring just like that from WF. I don''t remember her name, but perhaps she will see your post and jump in. It was a spess I think.

I can''t comment on the gold comments. I''ve got alloys spinning round in my brain trying to figure out some of my own projects - who would have thought it could be so much of a challenge.

You might spark more comments if you post some of your pictures of the stone. Whatever you choose, I cannot wait to see the finished ring!!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
That''s absolutely beautiful - can''t wait to see the finished product!

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
Very creative and unique! Can''t wait to see the result!
36.gif
Thanks for sharing!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love that stone in that setting (I cant really comment on the gold color because just dont know what would be best with it). Its going to be a cool
ring though...reminds me of Laurenthepartiers diamond asscher ring!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
OH Mochi I love it
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
, I can''t wait to see your finished ring. It is going to be gorgeous.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Oh that is perfect! I can''t wait to see!
36.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like that design; it shows off the asscher shape very well and the open pavilion still allows maximum light entry and ease of cleaning.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2009 1:03:38 PM
Author: Skippy123
Gorgeous, love it can''t wait to see it finished.
30.gif

Thank you Skippy!! I''ll be taking bunch of pictures.
31.gif

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2009 1:11:04 PM
Author: Gailey
Stunning Mochi, just stunning. I love that setting. Another poster has a ring just like that from WF. I don''t remember her name, but perhaps she will see your post and jump in. It was a spess I think.

I can''t comment on the gold comments. I''ve got alloys spinning round in my brain trying to figure out some of my own projects - who would have thought it could be so much of a challenge.

You might spark more comments if you post some of your pictures of the stone. Whatever you choose, I cannot wait to see the finished ring!!
Gailey: I know exactly who you''re speaking of. Jane and Lauren''s rings are the inspiration for this ring. I''m just having such a hard time with the color of the metal. Hopefully WF will be sending me a few more pictures with the stone so that I can decide.

Here is the link to Jane''s ring.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/wf-bezel-ring.102625/

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much Amber and Yingh!
9.gif

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2009 2:11:23 PM
Author: tyty333
I love that stone in that setting (I cant really comment on the gold color because just dont know what would be best with it). Its going to be a cool
ring though...reminds me of Laurenthepartiers diamond asscher ring!

Thanks tyty.. Lauren''s ring is absolutely gorgeous!

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Linda: Thanks! I''m still waiting for pictures of your beautiful Pad...
10.gif

Coati: Thank you so much... I''ll take alot of pictures!

Chrono: You know, I didn''t think of the cleaning part, you''re absolutely right about it. I think it has a very clean look.

ladymentha

Shiny_Rock
oh it is beautiful!!!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I love it. The ring looks great from every angle. I have never seen green gold either and am interested to see what it looks like.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

That is to die for! I love the rose gold with the chrysoberyl. Oh Mochi it''s just so lovely!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Of course I love it! I'm dying to see how it turns out with your Chryso!

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2009 7:00:21 PM
Author: ladymentha
oh it is beautiful!!!

Thank you, Ladymentha! I can''t wait to get it.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2009 8:25:45 PM
Author: LtlFirecracker
I love it. The ring looks great from every angle. I have never seen green gold either and am interested to see what it looks like.
LFC... I''m really curious about the green gold. I''m thinking having the whole ring done in green gold may be too much. I''m so confused!!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
hooray for bezel.. that is going to be a beautiful ring.. I love the "cathedral" look on your bezel... can''t wait for pics

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results