shape
carat
color
clarity

WF project

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2009 8:31:42 PM
Author: Brown.Eyed.Girl
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

That is to die for! I love the rose gold with the chrysoberyl. Oh Mochi it''s just so lovely!

Hey there BEG! I''m afraid the rose gold is not going to be with the chrys. It''s just not doing it for me. Love the style, though. I''m waiting for them to send me pictures of other color metal.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2009 9:50:12 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
Of course I love it! I''m dying to see how it turns out with your Chryso!

Lauren!! I was hoping you''d chime in. Just want to thank you so much for the inspiration I got from your beautiful ring!.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2009 9:55:00 PM
Author: dannyandterry
hooray for bezel.. that is going to be a beautiful ring.. I love the ''cathedral'' look on your bezel... can''t wait for pics
DnT... Thank you so much. They are making the ring so that I can stack other rings.
36.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2009 9:56:33 PM
Author: mochi

Lauren!! I was hoping you''d chime in. Just want to thank you so much for the inspiration I got from your beautiful ring!.
Of course, Mochi! It''s going to be a stunner! I showed it to my husband and he asked if I was going to have all of my Asscher gemstones set like that.
2.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2009 9:55:43 PM

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

That is to die for! I love the rose gold with the chrysoberyl. Oh Mochi it''s just so lovely!

Hey there BEG! I''m afraid the rose gold is not going to be with the chrys. It''s just not doing it for me. Love the style, though. I''m waiting for them to send me pictures of other color metal.

Ah I see. White gold? Whatever you choose, I really do love that setting for the asscher - it''s such a modern elegant look

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
mochi, green gold could look really amazing with this setting. I really love it, I am so happy to see more bezels. I wish I could have one! Ah, someday, someday
1.gif

I can''t wait to see the updated CADS...refresh, refresh...

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that''s such a beautiful stone and ring!!!! I can''t wait to see hand shots!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/7/2009 10:29:01 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
I love it.. it reminds me a lot of Lauren''s ring which I love.. the rose gold is fantastic and the stone is going to pop!! :)
It sure does and I love it. I''m a sucker for bezels, especially ones with an open gallery instead of the usual fully closed up ones.

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
awesome setting (and stone) mochi! Can''t wait to see the finished product
36.gif
36.gif

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2009 10:00:36 PM

Date: 3/7/2009 9:56:33 PM

Of course, Mochi! It''s going to be a stunner! I showed it to my husband and he asked if I was going to have all of my Asscher gemstones set like that.
2.gif
Please tell your hubby thank you for me. I believe you mentioned that he is the one that designed your ring. He did a fantastic job!

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2009 10:06:45 PM

Date: 3/7/2009 9:55:43 PM

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Ah I see. White gold? Whatever you choose, I really do love that setting for the asscher - it''s such a modern elegant look
Not sure. I''m hoping WF will send me a picture of the stone with white, green, and yellow gold setting so that I can make a decision.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2009 10:18:44 PM
Author: MonkeyPie
mochi, green gold could look really amazing with this setting. I really love it, I am so happy to see more bezels. I wish I could have one! Ah, someday, someday
1.gif

I can''t wait to see the updated CADS...refresh, refresh...
Thank you, MonkeyPie!! I hate getting emails on Friday night and have to wait over the weekend to receive a reply.
5.gif

mochi

Ideal_Rock
I love it.. it reminds me a lot of Lauren''s ring which I love.. the rose gold is fantastic and the stone is going to pop!! :)

Thank you SDL!!
35.gif

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2009 11:31:44 PM
Author: princessplease
Wow, that''s such a beautiful stone and ring!!!! I can''t wait to see hand shots!
Thanks, Princessplease. End of the month I should get it!!
36.gif
36.gif

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2009 11:40:00 PM
Author: Chrono

It sure does and I love it. I''m a sucker for bezels, especially ones with an open gallery instead of the usual fully closed up ones.

I do love the way the stone peaks out the bottom. It was definitely an inspiration from Lauren''s ring!

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2009 11:50:01 PM
Author: bling addict
awesome setting (and stone) mochi! Can''t wait to see the finished product
36.gif
36.gif

Thank you, bling!! Me too!!
36.gif
36.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow!!!! I think it looks gorgeous!!!! I can''t wait to see it!!!

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2009 12:52:40 PM

Ma re: I was a bit unsure about the rose gold but wanted to see how the chrys looked with it. Now I know that''s a no-go. WF suggested green gold and I have never seen jewelry with all green gold. I''m also wondering if the color will clash against my skin color (slight yellow tone).

These are just preliminary computer pictures that they sent so I can make the changes that I want. When you say ''taper toward the back'' do you mean the shank rounded off or the ring to the back of the finger to be smaller in mm??

Thanks, Ma re!
I highlighted the answer to your question above, sorry for the confusion, English is not my first language. I meant to say that I''d like that shank to graduate towards the stone i.e. to go from narrow on the back, to wider on the front.

And as for green gold, I could be wrong, but here''s what I think they have in mind. That''s the term usually used for a gold alloy that doesen''t contain any copper. Yellow gold has (usually) the same amount of copper and silver, rose gold has more copper than silver (that''s why it''s red), and green gold is the one with no copper at all. That results in a color similar to yellow gold, but with a slight greenish tint, not really green. It''s the same as most yellow golds having some brown shade in them, but this one has green instead. So I think you might expect something in a shade of lemonade, but not as vivid or bright. If that''s the case, I''d recommend keeping the bezel white, as a border between the stone and the shank (as they might end up very similar in color).

Off course I could be wrong and they might actually use gold that''s really green, but we''ll see.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am mightly relieved that WF have recommended you don't use rose gold. I've got some green gold and it's not really "green" as you'd imagine. It's a very subtle hint of a tint of green and to be honest it will look great with your stone. Looking at your central stone I think only green or yellow gold would compliment it. Rose gold is far too much of a contrast and I'm pleased that you've steered away from it. If you're unsure about having the whole ring in green gold (and I can understand that if you haven't seen it before) then why not go for a yellow gold shank with green gold head? You could have a white gold shank but then I think you'll have too many icy colours going on.

Can WF adjust the CAD images to show a y/gold and w/gold shank? Sometimes seeing something helps with the decision making process.

There seems to be a trend for rose gold at the moment and IMVHO it only suits a very limited colour range without becoming "clashy". Of course some people like having a clash of colours and then it's perfect!

The design is gorgeous - very reminiscent of Lauren's ring - so you definitely can't go wrong with that! I'm sure it's going to be stunning.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2009 4:38:21 AM
Author: ma re

Date: 3/7/2009 12:52:40 PM

Ma re: I was a bit unsure about the rose gold but wanted to see how the chrys looked with it. Now I know that''s a no-go. WF suggested green gold and I have never seen jewelry with all green gold. I''m also wondering if the color will clash against my skin color (slight yellow tone).

These are just preliminary computer pictures that they sent so I can make the changes that I want. When you say ''taper toward the back'' do you mean the shank rounded off or the ring to the back of the finger to be smaller in mm??

Thanks, Ma re!
I highlighted the answer to your question above, sorry for the confusion, English is not my first language. I meant to say that I''d like that shank to graduate towards the stone i.e. to go from narrow on the back, to wider on the front.

And as for green gold, I could be wrong, but here''s what I think they have in mind. That''s the term usually used for a gold alloy that doesen''t contain any copper. Yellow gold has (usually) the same amount of copper and silver, rose gold has more copper than silver (that''s why it''s red), and green gold is the one with no copper at all. That results in a color similar to yellow gold, but with a slight greenish tint, not really green. It''s the same as most yellow golds having some brown shade in them, but this one has green instead. So I think you might expect something in a shade of lemonade, but not as vivid or bright. If that''s the case, I''d recommend keeping the bezel white, as a border between the stone and the shank (as they might end up very similar in color).

Off course I could be wrong and they might actually use gold that''s really green, but we''ll see.

I wonder, though, if the durability of the green gold will be softer than the other colors? Unfortunately I haven''t really seen big pieces of jewelry made with primarily green gold, so my exposure is very limited..
7.gif

Thank you, Ma re!

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2009 4:51:33 AM
Author: LovingDiamonds
I am mightly relieved that WF have recommended you don''t use rose gold. I''ve got some green gold and it''s not really ''green'' as you''d imagine. It''s a very subtle hint of a tint of green and to be honest it will look great with your stone. Looking at your central stone I think only green or yellow gold would compliment it. Rose gold is far too much of a contrast and I''m pleased that you''ve steered away from it. If you''re unsure about having the whole ring in green gold (and I can understand that if you haven''t seen it before) then why not go for a yellow gold shank with green gold head? You could have a white gold shank but then I think you''ll have too many icy colours going on.

Can WF adjust the CAD images to show a y/gold and w/gold shank? Sometimes seeing something helps with the decision making process.

There seems to be a trend for rose gold at the moment and IMVHO it only suits a very limited colour range without becoming ''clashy''. Of course some people like having a clash of colours and then it''s perfect!

The design is gorgeous - very reminiscent of Lauren''s ring - so you definitely can''t go wrong with that! I''m sure it''s going to be stunning.
LD.. I''m hoping that they will send me a CAD with the yellow gold and green gold so that I can at least see what it will look like. I have this preconcieved idea that the green gold is going to be a khaki or olive in color since I have really never seen it INL. If the gold has a ''tinge'' of green undertone with the gold, I think it will be very pretty.
36.gif

I don''t think I will be doing the white gold route for this stone...

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Got the new pictures from WF.

Right is green gold
Left if yellow gold

GetAttachment1.jpg

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Rose gold and white gold.....

xxxGetAttachment.jpg

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Rose gold and white gold...

xxGetAttachment2.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the stone "disappears" in the green gold. I like it better in rose gold, but you probably knew that already since I''m so nutso over rose gold.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
green gold and yellow gold

xxGetAttachment3.jpg

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Have you decided which one yet? I like the white and yellow myself.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
TL... this was such a hard decision for me. I just didn''t know what to do. I also am very fond of rose gold, but I decided to go with green gold because I it did come highly recommanded by the designer at WF and I like the look of it with the chrys, although the yellow gold also looked really good.

I should get the ring in a couple of weeks!
36.gif
36.gif

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2009 10:46:03 PM
Author: innerkitten
Have you decided which one yet? I like the white and yellow myself.

I decided on green gold... it''s different.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Waiting is the hardest part.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results