shape
carat
color
clarity

WF or Maytal for halo pendant project?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I LOVE my ring with Garnet from my favorite cutter (
2.gif
) so I recently got a matching garnet with same color and cut in 4.3ct size. I want to do a pendant to go with my ring, doesn't have to be an exact match but something similar with delicate halo.

I requested quotes from various PS vendors, and both WF and Maytal gave me very reasonable quotes for this project. And I'm completely torn about who to go with!
32.gif
Both obviously have great reputations here and I'm sure I'll get great products from both of them, but this is a big project for me and I want to make sure I'm making the best decision possible.

WF quote was a few hundred dollars lower, including the chain, and will use ACA meeles which appeals to me.

Maytal quote was a few hundred dollars over WF quote, doesn't include the chain, but since I'm wanting a very delicate halo I'm wondering if she'll be able to better execute the look I'm looking for.

What do you guys think? Am I going crazy with what's really a very simple project? I'm most likely going to wear this for my wedding so I'm feeling extra frazzled about it
19.gif

Oh and here's a picture of my ring for inspiration.
newring02.jpg

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Personally, I''d go with WF just because of the ACA melee. I don''t know much about Maytal, though, so I could be very biased.

But omg your ring is GORGEOUS. Did you have a thread about it and how did I miss that beauty?

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/2/2008 3:08:49 PM
Author: MonkeyPie
Personally, I''d go with WF just because of the ACA melee. I don''t know much about Maytal, though, so I could be very biased.

But omg your ring is GORGEOUS. Did you have a thread about it and how did I miss that beauty?
ditto! The ring needs it own thread! Where did you find the setting?

I probably would go with WF because of the ACA melee but Maytal Hannah''s work is soooo purty
1.gif

stryeyes102

Shiny_Rock
I cant help with who to pick, im sure either would do a fabulous job.
3.gif

Heres the link for her ring page ladies linky

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you for your kind words, and thank you stryeyes102 for finding the original link!
5.gif

Idea of perfect little ACA melees do appeal to me greatly so I''m leaning towards WF at this moment. I keep going back and forth though, the minute I think I''ve decided I change my mind! I am currently my own worst enemy...
14.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
siiiiiiigh... I am soo in love with your CWMNBN ring! It''s just gorgeous. I''m thinking... if WF is a few hundred less, hmm, I''d probably go that way. Unless the difference is $2500 vs $2200, in which case it''s not REALLY that much difference and I would go with Maytal
3.gif

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Still trying to figure out the CWMNBN!!! Argh!

But yes, I love the garnet...it''s beautiful! Can''t wait to see the earrings!

My vote is for using WF...do you know what Maytal Hannah uses for her melee?

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/2/2008 7:11:53 PM
Author: Jelly
Still trying to figure out the CWMNBN!!! Argh!

But yes, I love the garnet...it''s beautiful! Can''t wait to see the earrings!

My vote is for using WF...do you know what Maytal Hannah uses for her melee?
No idea on Maytal''s melee, but given the quality of her work I am sure she uses top quality. The difference between ACA melee vs. ideal/premium cut melee just isn''t visible at this size, so I wouldn''t let ACA melee be the deciding factor for me.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I just looked at her website, nice stuff.

It looks like she uses ideal cut diamonds as well, so I would not let the diamond quality push you one way or another.

I think the most important factors are who can best create the design you want in your budget.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results