shape
carat
color
clarity

WF ACA Princess Cut Decisions?!

roxmysox99

Rough_Rock
Morning everyone,

I have been browsing the forums for the last two weeks to get my future finance the perfect engagement ring. Thank you for all of the help, etc. It amazes me how much knowledge is contained throughout this forum.

So far, I have almost exclusively decided to stay with WhiteFlash due to their excellent Princess cut (ACA) and the fact that I live near their showroom and can see these diamonds in RL. I am open to other distributers as long as cut, brilliance, etc is comparable.

Now to the ring: looking for 1-2ct, Princess cut, Super amazing awesome perfect ideal cut (hahaha), looking realistically in the G-J range but mostly in the I to J range, clarity is between VS1 to S1 (eye clean only). I am attempting to stay below 10k for the diamond. She loves the sparkle, so obviously cut is the most important - AGS0. Carat is important as well to both of us. Clarity is whatever as a ideal Princess will rarely show imperfections - VS1 to SI1. One thing I am confused in is color since the diamond will likely be housed in a white gold or platinum open tiffany setting. While, I know that Princes cuts to concentrate/show color more than other diamonds, I feel that an ideal cut Princess will not show this color much unless viewed from the side - G-J but mostly I-J - let me know If you think I should move up in color. I have found a few on WF that are ACA cut and are within my range, however I am having a hard time choosing between these diamonds. While all the ASET's look amazing, none really blow me away. I will post the details of each ring below along with their ASET, etc.

Any guidance and support would be appreciated. Also, if anyone is willing to post another amazing diamond from another distributer I would deeply appreciate it - I feel as though I am not experienced enough yet to reach out to other distributers on my own and sift through these diamonds to find the best one. Also remember, since I live in the same state as WF I do have to pay sales tax on this purchase which will be around 1k - if I purchase from else where I can use that 1k and put it towards a better diamond.

Princess Cut 1
Carat 1.813
Color J
Clarity SI1
Cut Ideal
Depth % 76.3
Table % 70.0
Crown Angle 42.3
Star 0.0
Pavilion Angle 40.3
Crown % 12.0
Lower Girdle % 0.0
Measurements 6.68x6.48x4.94 mm
Culet Pointed
Fluorescence Negligible
Girdle Thin to Slightly Thick

Princess Cut 2
Carat 1.71
Color J
Clarity VS2
Cut Ideal
Depth % 73.5
Table % 70.0
Crown Angle 39.2
Star 0.0
Pavilion Angle 40.1
Crown % 11.0
Lower Girdle % 0.0
Measurements 6.56x6.55x4.81 mm
Culet Pointed
Fluorescence Negligible
Girdle Medium

Thank you once again,
rox

_6158.jpeg

_6159.jpeg

_6160.jpeg

_6161.jpeg

roxmysox99

Rough_Rock
Here is the Princess Cut 3:

Princess Cut 3
Carat 1.617
Color I
Clarity VS2
Cut Ideal
Depth % 76.6
Table % 71.6
Crown Angle 43.8
Star 0.0
Pavilion Angle 40.6
Crown % 12.6
Lower Girdle % 0.0
Measurements 6.27x6.26x4.80 mm
Culet Pointed
Fluorescence Negligible
Girdle Medium

_6162.jpeg

_6163.jpeg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Personally I would probably stick to an "I" or higher. Did you see this one? It is an expert selection. Having a dark center knocks
it out of the ACA category but it is an I and it is 1.7 plus has a nice looking aset. Just something to consider. Otherwise I would
probably go with the 1.61. You could call WF and ask them to pull the 3or4 stones and talk you through them. Some J's are closer
to I and some lean more to the K and some are right on. That might be worth knowing.

http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/princess-cut-loose-diamond-3638391.htm

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with the advice tyty gave you. Princess cuts actually do show more tint so I would also stick to I color and higher. The ES stone she chose would probably also be my pick. The aset shows a lot more red throughout the stone compared to the 1.61 I VS2 you posted and if you compare the measurements, it's also ~.2mm larger which would be noticeable.

roxmysox99

Rough_Rock
Thank you both for your help so far! I have an appointment later this week at WF to see all the diamonds.

Is it worth pursuing James Allen Tiffany cuts? If so could someone tell me which is best and if it will be comparable to WF ACA? Here are a few I picked out after a quick search.

https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/princess-cut/1.70-carat-i-color-vs1-clarity-sku-2101301
https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/princess-cut/1.75-carat-i-color-vs2-clarity-sku-1110496
https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/princess-cut/1.72-carat-j-color-vs2-clarity-sku-2003480
https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/princess-cut/1.71-carat-i-color-vs2-clarity-sku-2101298

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
AN AGS0 princess is an ideal performing princess.

The ACAs will be a smaller subset of those that meet tighter parameters and have been evaluated by Whiteflash. You'll notice their Expert Selection stones will still be AGS0 but not be ACA. That doesn't mean they're a "lesser" princess at all. They just aren't approved by Whiteflash as the best of the best.

Of the James Allen ones you posted I prefer the first and the last, though admittedly - I am not very into princesses.

roxmysox99

Rough_Rock
Thank you everyone!

I will be pulling the trigger today, once the fiancé goes and picks the one of her liking.

In regards to the 1.712 I VS2 - from the diamond certificate it has quite a few inclusions under the table. Is this something to be concerned about? I know ideal cut diamonds hide these imperfections but I just wanted to double check with you all.

Seems like I will probably go with the 1.712 I VS2 or the 1.71 J VS2. Once again, the final decision is up to her as both will perform well.

roxmysox99

Rough_Rock
My fiancé went to White Flash today and it seems that this was the one of her choosing. She was unaware of all specs of the diamonds until afterwards. She though the color and sparkle was mesmerizing. What are your opinions?

Respond quickly if possible as I am currently in the process of purchasing but can always change my purchase within the next few days.

http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/princess-cut-loose-diamond-3329699.htm#

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks beautiful and a great balance of specs! You really can't go wrong with any ACAs but SHE chose it so you should definitely stick with it. It's possible she liked it more because this stone has more chevrons which would give more pinpoint sparkle. More chevrons = smaller but more facets = lots of pinpoint sparkle. Less chevrons = larger facets = bolder flashes. Neither is right or wrong, they are just different flavors and she chose what suits her eyes best! :appl:

Please come back and post hand shots!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results