shape
carat
color
clarity

WF’s ‘A Cut Above’ Service with my not-so-typical upgrade

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I posted in recent months in Rocky Talky as I debated whether to upgrade, the ability to discern between certain performance & cut characteristics, considering a different vendor’s diamond, and considering a temp setting while I debate & decide on an eventual 3-stone setting.

About a year and a half ago, I took the leap into “ideal cut land”, and bought this Expert Selection diamond from Whiteflash. I loved everything about that diamond and how it performed. I really never imagined I’d want to go any bigger or part with that diamond because I felt it was such a great buy for how well it performed, was the perfect everyday size for my size 7 finger. And finding one like that which was vetted for & confirmed to have excellent performance without the branding price bump can be a needle-in-a-haystack. My thought was: if I ever upgraded, it’d have to be a ‘perfect storm’ of circumstances that not only delivered on my expectations performance-wise but also what it’d cost to upgrade.

The ES was eligible for Whiteflash’s generous upgrade program, and after I’d considered another potential candidate but decided not to proceed with that option, I recalled that another PSer had listed his WF credit for sale some time back. When I ran the numbers to see what that would equate to budget-wise for an upgrade (when coupled with my full ES trade-up credit), I looked at WF’s inventory to see what they had available, not really expecting to find anything that would tick all my boxes, given I prefer something in the J/K range. Enter this WF ACA diamond. After confirming some performance questions w/WF about the diamond, I reached out to the PSer to confirm the credit was still available (it was), confirmed the transfer terms with WF so I was clear on any conditions, and completed the purchase of the transfer credit. Michelle, Vera & Bryan were amazing and helpful, answering my many detailed questions fully and transparently so that I was clear before proceeding. And I have to really applaud WF for their willingness to go into unchartered territory to allow the transfer of the other person’s credit, as this likely created an accounting nightmare on their end that was not without obvious risk to all involved, but especially WF. Nevertheless, they never wavered on their commitment to customer service, and went well above & beyond to ensure both of their customers were happy in the end, and I cannot thank them enough for that!

I had the ACA sent to me before committing to the purchase so I could see it with my own eyes, in my own environment, in comparison to the ES. And it absolutely delivered above & beyond my expectations. I’m thrilled to now call the ACA mine. Eventually, it’ll likely be reset into a three stone, but I wanted to take my time adjusting to the size jump and deciding on setting options. So it’s currently set in this Stuller soli setting (14K X1 WG) which really showcases it from every angle, and actually makes the diamond look even bigger than I expected having seen it loose & in a spring-ring.

For peeps who don’t like clicking links, the ACA specs are:
0053049B-58C7-437B-AB16-746AB074D0E6.jpeg

Video of the diamond in it’s temp setting outdoors:

Whiteflash’s pictures:
F954B5D2-9698-4E5A-9745-94151E04B478.jpeg
7DAA216C-5C4F-4993-9AD8-29974107DEA4.jpeg
DD4C0C18-7B9F-4A58-A648-06036689A0B6.jpeg

My pictures:
85525459-D248-4866-B1AD-35F3EA9A3EB2.jpeg
1474BC01-0465-4DD7-A373-DBF65451851E.jpeg
A1F3543B-A9F4-4680-BAEC-CC3D6D6D9074.jpeg
4EFFB6E9-7487-496B-AD60-2EE665312044.jpeg

Last edited:

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @Wewechew & @Starfacet ... and dang those pics are huge! Gonna see what I can do about that quick while I still have edit capability.

Well that didn’t seem to do anything (tried making them thumbnails). :shifty:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is gorgeous and I am absolutely delighted for you! When things are meant to be, they just work out! Enjoy this new, beautiful diamond!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Your upgrade came out beautifully. I like the setting. That is quite a lovely stone!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks the perfect size, it’s lovely

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Simply perfect on you! Congratulations on taking the plunge!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your fabulous upgrade TMT! I love the setting, so flowing and feminine! It looks perfect with your band as well. Enjoy!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such a beautiful stone and gorgeous setting @the_mother_thing!! Congratulations on your new ACA - and I’m thrilled but not at all surprised to hear of your wonderful experience with WF! Their customer service is just unparalleled ❤

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
Yay!

Wonderful, just wonderful! The wonderful service makes the diamond even more special in my opinion.

I have to admit I didn't understand the Whiteflash credit thing that you bought from the other PSer at all. Huh??? :confused:

Regardless, love the story, love the diamond, love the specs and love the setting! I promise you, diamond shrinkage syndrome will set in before you know, so enjoy it now but I'm looking forward to your trilogy adventure too!!!

:bigsmile:

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a great upgrade and omg your "temp" setting is gorgeous :eek2:

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! Very classic and elegant setting too. Are you going to name her?

Q

Queenie60

Beautiful. Love the simple solitaire setting with the engraved band. Congratulations.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Simply stunning! Love the stone and your setting shows off all of her best angles! Enjoy that beauty!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring!. :love: Congrats!. :clap:

Weecam

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow! Gorgeous ring! :kiss2:
That’s my goal, just over 2 carats. :whistle:

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It looks great! Congratulations on your unusual upgrade--such a win-win!

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's really beautiful, & I love the simplicity of the setting, it really allows your stone to be the star she is! :love: Congratulations!

And YES to the WF 'ACA' customer service, they are the absolute best! :appl:

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I posted in recent months in Rocky Talky as I debated whether to upgrade, the ability to discern between certain performance & cut characteristics, considering a different vendor’s diamond, and considering a temp setting while I debate & decide on an eventual 3-stone setting.

About a year and a half ago, I took the leap into “ideal cut land”, and bought this Expert Selection diamond from Whiteflash. I loved everything about that diamond and how it performed. I really never imagined I’d want to go any bigger or part with that diamond because I felt it was such a great buy for how well it performed, was the perfect everyday size for my size 7 finger. And finding one like that which was vetted for & confirmed to have excellent performance without the branding price bump can be a needle-in-a-haystack. My thought was: if I ever upgraded, it’d have to be a ‘perfect storm’ of circumstances that not only delivered on my expectations performance-wise but also what it’d cost to upgrade.

The ES was eligible for Whiteflash’s generous upgrade program, and after I’d considered another potential candidate but decided not to proceed with that option, I recalled that another PSer had listed his WF credit for sale some time back. When I ran the numbers to see what that would equate to budget-wise for an upgrade (when coupled with my full ES trade-up credit), I looked at WF’s inventory to see what they had available, not really expecting to find anything that would tick all my boxes, given I prefer something in the J/K range. Enter this WF ACA diamond. After confirming some performance questions w/WF about the diamond, I reached out to the PSer to confirm the credit was still available (it was), confirmed the transfer terms with WF so I was clear on any conditions, and completed the purchase of the transfer credit. Michelle, Vera & Bryan were amazing and helpful, answering my many detailed questions fully and transparently so that I was clear before proceeding. And I have to really applaud WF for their willingness to go into unchartered territory to allow the transfer of the other person’s credit, as this likely created an accounting nightmare on their end that was not without obvious risk to all involved, but especially WF. Nevertheless, they never wavered on their commitment to customer service, and went well above & beyond to ensure both of their customers were happy in the end, and I cannot thank them enough for that!

I had the ACA sent to me before committing to the purchase so I could see it with my own eyes, in my own environment, in comparison to the ES. And it absolutely delivered above & beyond my expectations. I’m thrilled to now call the ACA mine. Eventually, it’ll likely be reset into a three stone, but I wanted to take my time adjusting to the size jump and deciding on setting options. So it’s currently set in this Stuller soli setting (14K X1 WG) which really showcases it from every angle, and actually makes the diamond look even bigger than I expected having seen it loose & in a spring-ring.

For peeps who don’t like clicking links, the ACA specs are:
0053049B-58C7-437B-AB16-746AB074D0E6.jpeg

Video of the diamond in it’s temp setting outdoors:

Whiteflash’s pictures:
F954B5D2-9698-4E5A-9745-94151E04B478.jpeg
7DAA216C-5C4F-4993-9AD8-29974107DEA4.jpeg
DD4C0C18-7B9F-4A58-A648-06036689A0B6.jpeg

My pictures:
85525459-D248-4866-B1AD-35F3EA9A3EB2.jpeg
1474BC01-0465-4DD7-A373-DBF65451851E.jpeg
A1F3543B-A9F4-4680-BAEC-CC3D6D6D9074.jpeg
4EFFB6E9-7487-496B-AD60-2EE665312044.jpeg
Jaw. Drop.

What a spectacular stone and a beautiful setting. That ring has arrived, baby! Thank you for the mesmerizing video. I love the profile, too. Congratulations!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on your beautiful new ACA!!! :kiss2: It looks gorgeous and is a really nice size!

praween_s

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations. The stone sits perfectly on finger size. The setting looks sleek and sexy. Very beautiful piece. :kiss2:

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
Wow - it is truly gorgeous! Love the setting too! So happy to hear that everything worked out for you with your upgrade!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!:love: It's simply stunning....just perfect.:appl:

Meowingtons

Rough_Rock
@the_mother_thing , the ACA is gorgeous!!! :kiss2: I am really loving the stuller setting. Been having difficulty finding a solitaire setting I love until I saw your ring! There's something very sexy about the swoopyness and fluidity of setting coupled with that tiny, almost split shank look.

Can you let me know if the gap between the e-ring and wedding band is it pretty large IRL? And is it comfortable? One of the things I don't like about my current 3 stone baguette ring is I can always feel the sides of my ring against my fingers, which feels really pokey.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MissGotRocks @Wewechew @moneymeister @hypermom @Austina @Alex T @Bonfire @yssie @foxinsox @RunningwithScissors @Queenie60 @Slick1 @Dancing Fire @arkieb1 @Weecam @natasha-cupcake @sarahb @TweetyBird23 @diamondseeker2006 @praween_s @OdetteOdile @missy Thank you ALL so much for the kind comments! I’m really beyond thrilled with the ACA, and how well WF’s bench took the setting from ‘stock’ to ‘stunning’.

@Lykame Sorry if I was confusing; I was exhausted yesterday and probably wasn’t very clear. Another PSer posted in the pre-loved forum a few months back that he had a credit from a purchase he made with WF that he was not planning to use, and (with WF’s permission) he offered it for sale at a discount from the actual ‘transferable’ value. I purchased the credit, which WF then applied toward my upgrade in conjunction with my ES trade-in. The end result is it helped that PSer ‘cash out’ of his credit, saved me some money on my upgrade, and WF went above & beyond to enable all of that to happen, even though it’s not the norm and is actually far more complex (mostly for WF) than I make it sound. I only shared that aspect of my upgrade as one more example of how WF‘s dedication to customer satisfaction really does have a high bar that - in my experience - they consistently achieve & surpass.

@SJEsper Thank you so much; your words define exactly what I loved about this setting. It does have a small ‘split shank’ on each side of the diamond which I feel adds a nice, subtle, feminine touch, and I loved the overall simplicity & sexiness of it. I started this thread about it including a link to Stuller’s site with setting details and examples of others who have/had this setting, if helpful. The bottom of the shank is wider, allowing a straight band to sit sort of flush with just a small (approx 1.5mm) gap visible only from the top (see pic below). It’s VERY comfortable; in fact, I barely feel this ring on my finger due to its design and finish, and it spins very little (I think due to the wider shank base keeping it in place). I also dislike when the sides of a ring feel pokey on my neighbor fingers, and that is a design consideration I’m working around when I do reset this ACA into a three stone setting. Hope that’s helpful!
9E09C1CD-5AF1-4ACE-8321-F7176FE21449.jpeg

Last edited:

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I accidentally left out a very important ‘call out’ in my original post. I owe @Gussie a huge ‘thank you’ for her kindness in giving this ACA a “PSer Preview” for me in the midst of all of this. She was visiting WF to view options for her own purchase, and was kind enough to give this ACA a look-see for me and share her observations/thoughts, which provided me additional confidence to tip the first domino on this entire process. I’m not sure if it’d be on my finger right now without her, which demonstrates what a fantastic spirit PSers have when it comes to helping others in their bling-buying adventures. Thank you so much, Gussie! :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results