shape
carat
color
clarity

We''re finally getting somewhere!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sweetjettagirl04

Shiny_Rock
So, I think we have picked a venue. Originally the plan was to have a wedding on the water, but with 130 guests, the cost was too much. We focused on closer to home, and I couldn''t be happier. My parents and I are going to visit the venue again to see if they like it, but I''m in LOOOVE... Here''s a pic, it''s a German-Swiss bank barn that is 300 years old, renovated about 15 years ago with a beautiful property:

sweetjettagirl04

Shiny_Rock
Here''s a pic of the inside:

sweetjettagirl04

Shiny_Rock
I also got the backing for my DIY invitations from Paper Source, the color I wanted was discontinued, so I took a leap of faith and ordered them - but man, they are an amazing company!

sweetjettagirl04

Shiny_Rock
So, the invitations will have a white card, white envelopes, and black ink.

Wedding colors are black, white, and green... Going with BM dresses from Davids in clover.

This is the dress my MOH''s will wear.

sweetjettagirl04

Shiny_Rock
And this is the BM dress...

Okay, I''m done for now! Must get more work!

But - we''ll be having the table names that are locations in Central Park, where we got engaged, and green apples tied in with everything! I''m so excited!

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your venue!! It''s so pretty and chalet-like! And, it looks like you can do whatever you wish to customize the interior!! Are you having a fall wedding? I only ask since you mentioned the green apples.

What time is your reception? A few lanterns in the trees closer on the way up to the site would be so pretty if doable and if it will be dark or getting dark already.

Seriously, if I were having a real wedding with a reception and everything, I think I would want your venue!!!!

sweetjettagirl04

Shiny_Rock
It will be spring, next May. I''m thinking of incorporating the apples somehow (my sister is a florist, so we can get them at cost), but she actually has white antiqued laterns that I can use for whatever, and there are about 50 of them, so we can incorporate them into the centerpieces, and maybe even outside, if they''ll let us!

sweetjettagirl04

Shiny_Rock
The reception will be evening-night. Haven''t really thought about the timeline yet, but we''ll be doing the ceremony and everything there. So, it should dusk, maybe, when the party begins?

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/22/2008 10:38:18 AM
Author: sweetjettagirl04
It will be spring, next May. I''m thinking of incorporating the apples somehow (my sister is a florist, so we can get them at cost), but she actually has white antiqued laterns that I can use for whatever, and there are about 50 of them, so we can incorporate them into the centerpieces, and maybe even outside, if they''ll let us!
Oh, how perfect (that your sister is a florist, I mean
36.gif
!) I''m sure they wouldn''t object so long as you used those fake candles inside. There was a thread about those on here not so long ago. Maybe a month or so ago . . . . I will find it later and post it here, but probably much later as I have to get back to work now.
7.gif

sweetjettagirl04

Shiny_Rock
Thanks! I''ll check it out -whenever you have time...
1.gif

I must work now, too. Sigh.
20.gif

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s the post I was thinking of that has many references to battery operated candles:

Candles w/o flames

Also, if you''re looking for inspiration and haven''t come across these yet, some of them have great ideas:

Knottie Bios

Happy Planning!

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
sweetjetta - is this venue in the Hamptons, by the way? If it is, my friend got married there a few years ago.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I love it! Exactly my kind of place. Congrats!

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Everything looks great!!
36.gif
36.gif

sweetjettagirl04

Shiny_Rock
This is in suburban Maryland, about 45 mins from DC/Baltimore.

I have more pictures now that I went with my parents that I can share, and from my other thread about it, we set our date!

So, here is the location where the ceremony will be held - a very old willow tree by a stream and pond

sweetjettagirl04

Shiny_Rock
This is my dad and I showing my sister and mom approximately where FI and I would stand for the ceremony...

sweetjettagirl04

Shiny_Rock
And here is a better shot of the inside of the barn. The bridal party and parents will be sitting on the upper part, the "stage" as they call it (you can see the railing around the outside of it), and other guests and dancing will commence on the lower floor...

sweetjettagirl04

Shiny_Rock
Here is the backup ceremony location, which will also be the location for the cocktail hour in addition to the patio, which is the next picture.

sweetjettagirl04

Shiny_Rock
Here is the patio which will be utilized for cocktail hour

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results