shape
carat
color
clarity

Knottie Bios?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Hopefully this isn''t inappropriate, but I am always looking for new places to find ideas. Does anyone know how exactly to find bios where I can look at pictures? That website seriously overwhelms me!
33.gif

dawn84

Rough_Rock
Please try:
http://bios.magnificentbliss.com/specialty/
some of the links are old, but there are tons of pictures organized by subject.

I got most of my ideas from:
http://bios.magnificentbliss.com/best/
All of those bios have been voted "the best" and most of those brides provides helpful vendor reviews.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah, the knot bios are hit and miss and IMO hard to navigate.

I find i have the best results when I know what I want like... Amsale, sash and knottie (or knot) in a google search. Otherwise it''s next to impossible to find anything, which is a TOTAL shame as there are a TONNE of helpful ideas on there.

I found my hair inspiration on there... and I''m SO glad I downloaded the pics for it cause I have not been able to find the bio wiht all the half up hairdos I found it in SINCE.

So I guess my advice is that if you see a pic you like, DOWNLOAD it.

gtn

Brilliant_Rock
OMG, the knot is so hard to navigate. I have a love-hate relationship with that site. As Gypsy said, if you refine your search, it can be really great, otherwise, overwhelming.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Just want to say thanks y''all!!
36.gif
36.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
The Knot is so overwhelming for me too. There''s too much to look at all at once and it can be hard to sift through that site. The checklist has kept me on track though, so that''s mainly why I use that site. I hope you find what you''re looking for Sarah.

buttercup80

Shiny_Rock
Thank you so much for posting this - I have had trouble trying to find bios in the past too and I kind of thought it was just me missing something. . .

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
To my knowledge there''s no "bio page" on the knot. The only way to directly link to a bio is by clicking the knottie''s name in the community boards (The "Talk" section from the main page). Once you''re at the boards you can search for a bio IF you know the Knottie''s name, but otherwise your best chances of finding something specific are using google. Or, maybe, getting on the boards and asking if anyone has seen a bio with X in it.

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
I totally get overwhelmed by the Knot. It seems that people are always talking about Knottie bios and how inspiring they are, but I can never find any! The boards drive me batty.

I did manage to find one Knottie bio who is one of the inspirations for my wedding. If you''re interested in a vintage, art deco kind of feel, maybe I can post a link. Not sure if that''s legal. I''ll ask Admin.

I think I was trying to browse through the NYC boards, and was interested in someone''s topic. That''s how I found this one particular knottie bio. I just clicked on her user name. But even though I have her knottie name, it''s still hard to search for her on the Knot! I use google to search for her knot name, and it helps me to navigate back into the Knot.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Search function doesn''t work very well on the knot so I asked the ladies on my local board for advice here are the two tricks:

"sort of" fix (using google of course):

searchwordgoeshere site:theknot.com

just put "site:theknot.com" after whatever it is that you''re searching for.

And this search works.
http://global.theknot.com/search/forums/default.aspx

Local boards are usually great. I know the NorCal board is fabulous for vendor information and advice. Regular boards are SCARY!

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Yeah I noticed the local boards were pretty good, I got some good information on one of the vendors I was looking at. I learned they were waaay out of my price range
20.gif
then my coordinator tried to convince me they weren''t, so I met with them, and they were. So the board advice was correct.
25.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah, the local boards trump what I hear anywhere else on reviews. Except sites like yelp.com and other impartial review sites. I found my cake vendor, florist, makeup and hair artist, .... well, a LOT of vendors with their help.

sweetlime

Rough_Rock
weddingbee features knottie bios periodically.

have you tried other wedding blogs for inspiration? snippet & ink, lucky designs and style me pretty (just to name a few) have great ideas too.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Oh thank you!!
36.gif

sweetlime

Rough_Rock
one more thing... "redshoegirl" has more than 60 knottie bios linked on her page. jump down to her "awesome bios" section.

HaloAngel

Shiny_Rock
I''ll just go to Google & type someing more specific because the Knot is toooo crazy imho!

Fo example, I will be wearing a Melissa Sweet gown....so I love to see other knotties with MS gowns or my main color is chocolate.....so I look for the brown bios.

Ex: type into Google: knot bio melissa sweet
Knot bio chocolate dress
knot bio october wedding
knot bio beach wedding

etc, etc, etc for whatever you want!

dawn84

Rough_Rock
HaloAngel,

Since your main color is brown, have you tried this "all brown bio?" It has links to many Knotties who also used brown as their main color.

http://community.theknot.com/cs/ks/user/page.aspx?username=AllBrownBio

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
I am loving these bios!

lucy love

Shiny_Rock
look what i found!!!

http://bios.magnificentbliss.com/

you can''t search the bios.. but you can definitely look and get a lot out of all the bios! =) i''m loving this right now...

AmyBride

Rough_Rock
I agree with everyone: I can''t find anything on the Knot either. Navigation is hard, and the search function doesn''t seem to work very well. I was going to register and post some questions there but decided that these boards were a better bet. (And people here all seem very helpful, while there''s a certain amount of cattiness on the Knot.)

ringster

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/10/2008 1:31:49 PM
Author: AmyBride
I agree with everyone: I can''t find anything on the Knot either. Navigation is hard, and the search function doesn''t seem to work very well. I was going to register and post some questions there but decided that these boards were a better bet. (And people here all seem very helpful, while there''s a certain amount of cattiness on the Knot.)

this board is helpful but i think the local knottie boards are much more helpful in finding local vendors esp if you are trying to stick to a budget.

what i did is just check the local boards daily for awhile and some of my questions were asked by another poster. then if anyone posts with something that is useful, i would click on their username in their post and see if they have a bio.

i also did searches and again if i saw a poster who was helpful i would click on their username and check out their bio.

that link above http://bios.magnificentbliss.com/ was also really helpful to get ideas but it doesn''t help as much for current local vendor info.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
I am Anti-The Knot. In fact, I think I may recall me telling my daughter I would disown her if she continued to be obsessed with that site. On the other hand, she texted me to say how sad she was that her favorite boarder announced that her wedding was called off and abruptly left the message boards. I told my daughter that is was sad, but maybe it was because she was becoming a bridezilla knottie.
38.gif

::::shrugs:::: I prefer PS''ers anyday. I admit that I suck at navigating the knot site though. The local boards seem to give good local references for vendors though.

I have to say...one of the weddings that they do a great showcase on, which happened to one that my daughter officiated, looks beautiful in the profile, but it doesn''t mention how the groom cheated on her with a coworker and they almost divorced within 6 months of the wedding. Too much promo, not reality. IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results