shape
carat
color
clarity

Centerpiece ideas for battery candles?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
Much to my dismay, our ceremony location doesn''t allow candles of any kind. However, I love the atmosphere that candlelight creates at a table, so I''m trying to find budget-friendly ideas that would work with fake LED candles (be it tea lights, votive or pillars). Has anyone seen this done successfully? I''d rather go without candles than have it look cheesy, so I''m thinking the "flames" need to be out of sight. I''m having a really hard time finding ideas that I think would work. Help, please!!!

As a recap...

our colors:
ladyccollection.jpg

and our reception room (the colors in the biggest pic are the closest to real life):

campusinnregency.jpg

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, and as made obvious by the photos, I think chair covers may be the best single investment we could make into the decor....

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
hahaha chair covers are just about the best invention ever for weddings.

have you looked at floralytes? they are submersible tealights basically. so you could put them in each of your flower centerpieces on the tables. i haven''t seen them in person, but the white ones look like they are more of a glow rather than a soft candlelight, but they might be a good alternative if you can''t have candles. they look kind of cheesy in this photo, but i think if you put them in a vase with flowers and maybe wrapped the vase with a sheer fabric, they would look really nice!!

here''s a website where they sell them for pretty cheap....http://www.save-on-crafts.com/floralytes4.html

bevfabriccrafts_1983_60487123.jpg

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
mmmmmmmm, i think i saw something on the knot that i can search for, but maybe i''m just coming up with this on my own . . . are you intending to use the candles for centerpieces? if yes, i can search when I get home.

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/2/2008 5:47:19 PM
Author: Loves Vintage
mmmmmmmm, i think i saw something on the knot that i can search for, but maybe i'm just coming up with this on my own . . . are you intending to use the candles for centerpieces? if yes, i can search when I get home.

Yes, I want to incorporate them into my centerpieces somehow.

ETA: DOH! I just realized I typed CEREMONY location, when I meant RECEPTION location. Sorry!

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/2/2008 5:55:48 PM
Author: ladyciel
Date: 4/2/2008 5:47:19 PM

mmmmmmmm, i think i saw something on the knot that i can search for, but maybe i''m just coming up with this on my own . . . are you intending to use the candles for centerpieces? if yes, i can search when I get home.

Yes, I want to incorporate them into my centerpieces somehow.

ETA: DOH! I just realized I typed CEREMONY location, when I meant RECEPTION location. Sorry!

Uggh! I see that you mentioned centerpieces in your title! I''m lacking a certain attention to detail lately today!! I just saw such an impressive low-budget wedding on the knot. I hope that''s where I saw these centerpieces. I''m searching for it now . . . .

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I have the same situation.

Most historic places in the UK won''t allow them - and loads of restaurants in London have the battery operated votives. They look pretty real in the frosted ones.

Ebay do them pretty cheap.

I couldn''t work out a way to use them for my centrepieces - in the end I decided there will be so much daylight in July that I won''t need them in the room we''re having the reception meal in.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
These are all at QVC. So I will give you the item number and you can enter it in the search box, it wasn't working for some reason when I tried to link.

My Mom has some like these and I LOVE them. Hers are not embossed though. They look so real and you can even use them later because they have neat things like a timer if these are the right ones. Make great night-lights too since they are a soft glow: H02139

Here's some: V24659

These are expensive, but pretty: H04192

These are less expensive and still have the pretty glow: H05483

Hope these help some! I hope they at least give ideas.

ETA: Your reception venue is gorgeous!

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
Ooooh, thanks Sarah! I''ve been searching for enclosed votive holders, lanterns, etc, but some of those Candle Impressions ones are so pretty they could stand completely on their own or in a normal glass holder even without a flame! I searched for "Candle Impressions", and they do have the smooth version available.
36.gif

nclrgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry that I can''t be of help, but I just wanted to say that I LOVE your bridesmaid dresses!! They are some lucky ladies!

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/2/2008 9:18:46 PM
Author: nclrgirl
Sorry that I can''t be of help, but I just wanted to say that I LOVE your bridesmaid dresses!! They are some lucky ladies!

Awww, thanks! I actually told my girls to pick any of the WToo tea length chiffon dresses available in the blue, and they ended up picking 4 different dresses. I think they''re all going to look FAB in them, and the overall effect should be really cute! FSIL is wearing the one in the pic, MOH is wearing a strapless w/ a brooch at the hip, and the other two girls are wearing two different V-necks.

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
oooh! so I really like these (from QVC). Any ideas for what to do with them as centerpieces? They''re 6" tall.

h0838.002.jpg

nclrgirl

Brilliant_Rock
It looks like your wedding is going to be lovely! Good luck with the centerpieces!

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK, and, I LOVE your colors by the way.

This is the wedding that I was thinking of, but the centerpieces were not so much what I was recalling, as I was the budget-friendliness of the wedding, the do-it-yourselfness of so much of it too.

knot wedding

What *if* you got tall clear square, somewhat narrow vases, put a tea light or votive on the bottom, and then put stems of something like these cherry blossoms for height plus they have some sparkle to them, which I hope would pick up the light. You might also wrap some ribbon around the bottom of the vase to conceal the votive itself, while not blocking the light. These might not go so well with your colors. I have to double check back on that now.

Guh! Forgot the cherry blossoms link --

cherry blossoms

When is your wedding? And, what time of day?

Also, they sell these -- the look of real candles w/o the flames, which might be another option:

candleimpressions

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, LV, that knot couple did an amazing job of keeping it simple and beautiful all at the same time. I''ve been debating what to do about ceremony decorations, and theirs have given me some ideas. We''re getting married outside, mid-afternoon in mid-September. I think we''ll need something lighter than the branches they''ve used, but I like how she just cemented them into pots to make altar arrangements. I''m thinking maybe I could do something similar, but wire flowers to the branches. Here''s the ceremony site:
mbgardenforPS.jpg

We''re having a classical guitarist play all the ceremony music, as well as cocktail hour and dinner.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/2/2008 9:27:43 PM
oooh! so I really like these (from QVC). Any ideas for what to do with them as centerpieces? They''re 6'' tall.

Hmm I could see those with maybe rose petals around them or a garland type thing. I think that would look really pretty. They would also look pretty with maybe pearls around them? That might be a bit odd. I could also see them with a ribbon tied on them kind of like the twine is.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
oooh! so I really like these (from QVC). Any ideas for what to do with them as centerpieces? They''re 6'' tall.

I LOVE THEM. On silver chargers JUST like that. But fill the chargers will petals and blooms. BEAUTIFUL. And wrap a thin ribbon around each.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Saw these, these may work for the votive ones. Not sure how reputable the company is. Votives

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/3/2008 1:11:32 AM
Author: Gypsy

I LOVE THEM. On silver chargers JUST like that. But fill the chargers will petals and blooms. BEAUTIFUL. And wrap a thin ribbon around each.

Hmmm, so question about the charger color. The room is FILLED with shiny brass accents...the chandeliers, the sconces, the mirror frames.... BUT the hotel uses silver flatware. Silver charger, or brass?

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/2/2008 9:57:25 PM
Wow, LV, that knot couple did an amazing job of keeping it simple and beautiful all at the same time. I''ve been debating what to do about ceremony decorations, and theirs have given me some ideas. We''re getting married outside, mid-afternoon in mid-September. I think we''ll need something lighter than the branches they''ve used, but I like how she just cemented them into pots to make altar arrangements. I''m thinking maybe I could do something similar, but wire flowers to the branches. Here''s the ceremony site:
mbgardenforPS.jpg

We''re having a classical guitarist play all the ceremony music, as well as cocktail hour and dinner.
Oh, your location is so pretty! I was actually remembering those altar arrangements and really like the idea of adding flowers. Check out this bride''s outdoor decor: outdoor knot bride

Ebree actually introduced me to this knot bride''s page in my OCD dress thread. I''m going to have her bouquet, but with lavender instead of rosemary.
9.gif
I love the hanging candles and the flowery wreathy things in the trees.

What are you doing for favors?

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/3/2008 11:53:52 AM

mbgardenforPS.jpg

Oh, your location is so pretty! I was actually remembering those altar arrangements and really like the idea of adding flowers. Check out this bride''s outdoor decor: outdoor knot bride

Ebree actually introduced me to this knot bride''s page in my OCD dress thread. I''m going to have her bouquet, but with lavender instead of rosemary.
9.gif

Wow her wedding was beautiful! How do you find Knot bios on the website? I am not on there that often.

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
As far as the battery candles looking real, I''ve got a Glade flameless candle in my living room right now and for the first week I had it my FI didn''t realize it wasn''t a real candle. Two days ago he asked me why I kept lighting that one candle every night and it took me a few minutes to figure out what he was referring to. It looks good to me, and it obviously looks good enough to fool him.

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t know if you are still looking, but here is what I''ve been thinking for my centerpiece. Good luck!

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/3/2008 1:12:45 PM
Author: SarahLovesJS

Date: 4/3/2008 11:53:52 AM

mbgardenforPS.jpg

9.gif

Wow her wedding was beautiful! How do you find Knot bios on the website? I am not on there that often.
19.gif

I hate to admit it, but, I have no idea how to find them. That outdoor bio was posted on another thread and I keep going back to that thread to find it. Somehow, the other day, I found one bio that had five "favorite bios" posted at the bottom of the bio, so I was able to see all of those, but I cannot for the life of me, find the actual bio section.
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif

Somebody tell us, please?

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/3/2008 1:42:07 PM
Author: choro72
I don''t know if you are still looking, but here is what I''ve been thinking for my centerpiece. Good luck!

Those are so cute!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/3/2008 9:02:50 AM

Hmmm, so question about the charger color. The room is FILLED with shiny brass accents...the chandeliers, the sconces, the mirror frames.... BUT the hotel uses silver flatware. Silver charger, or brass?
I like silver. But you could do brass too. Fortunately both would look good with your colors, so it''s up to you.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/3/2008 11:57:58 PM
Date: 4/3/2008 9:02:50 AM

I like silver. But you could do brass too. Fortunately both would look good with your colors, so it''s up to you.

I agree I think either works. Personally I just prefer silver overall as well.

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
So, I came across this idea and decided to try it. I was at Michael''s earlier today and got a couple sheets of vellum to see what they looked like. I also grabbed one of their fake tea lights. Compared to a real candle, it certainly isn''t perfect, but tolerable for something like this, I think. (In the photos, one is a real candle, one is the LED - can you tell which is which?).

Wine glass candle shades

candleshades1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results