shape
carat
color
clarity

Well...the husband finally makes his feelings known...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
food for thought: its going to be hard to talk hubby into any kind of other nice jewelry if you don''t wear what you''ve got......

peace, movie zombie

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/22/2005 6:54:09 PM
Author: movie zombie
food for thought: its going to be hard to talk hubby into any kind of other nice jewelry if you don''t wear what you''ve got......

peace, movie zombie
yep--particularly that upgrade on your xmas wishlist
11.gif

Wear the rings -- you''ll learn to have lots of fun with them instead of worrying, and that will only make hubby that much happier!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think that will be my NY Resolution. Wear them at least once a day. Im such a freak.

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
Did someone say Xanax?

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wellbutrin and Zoloft have failed, why not one more drug!! ;-)

Ill get there. The intern that we hired back to work for me commented today. She told me that she''ll quit on her first day if Im not wearing them when she starts...which is January 3.

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/22/2005 10:30:03 PM
Author: ame
Wellbutrin and Zoloft have failed, why not one more drug!! ;-)
Ill get there. The intern that we hired back to work for me commented today. She told me that she''ll quit on her first day if Im not wearing them when she starts...which is January 3.
That could be a good thing or a bad thing!
31.gif
Do you like this intern??????
31.gif
31.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aside from the fact that I have befriended her, she''s very good, and I trained her so I know she can do the job. She''s not as fast as Id like but that comes with time, so that''s kind of my unrealistic expectation...

This is a position that requires retraining. Anything you tend to learn in school and at most jobs goes right out of your brain because all you can come in with is a knowledge of programs and taking direction. But once you pick it up...you can go anywhere....it''s a training ground for bigger better jobs really.

I hope that having her here helps lower my stress a bit and gets me out of here before like 8 or 9. Luckily Im not always alone, there''s one other girl that gets sh!t on just as much as I do around here...so we walk to our cars together.

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/23/2005 10:58:12 AM
Author: ame
Aside from the fact that I have befriended her, she''s very good, and I trained her so I know she can do the job. She''s not as fast as Id like but that comes with time, so that''s kind of my unrealistic expectation...
This is a position that requires retraining. Anything you tend to learn in school and at most jobs goes right out of your brain because all you can come in with is a knowledge of programs and taking direction. But once you pick it up...you can go anywhere....it''s a training ground for bigger better jobs really.
I hope that having her here helps lower my stress a bit and gets me out of here before like 8 or 9. Luckily Im not always alone, there''s one other girl that gets sh!t on just as much as I do around here...so we walk to our cars together.
Well then start wearing those rings to work and you''ll keep your intern AND you''ll have something to let your coworkers "eat crow" about....and that''s those gorgeous rings you have!!!
36.gif

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
This will probably be no help at all, but I just thought of a completely different angle. (Which actually my husband thought of when he got my ring.) The "cost per wear" of the rings goes down each time you wear it. For example, if you paid $10,000 for a wedding set, and wore it 10 times, it cost $1000 per wear. If you wore it every day for 3 years, you''re down to about $10 per day. After 27 years or so you''re down to a dollar per day. You get the idea. I know it probably won''t make you feel any better Ame, but I thought I''d throw it in!
1.gif

I concur with everyone else: WEAR THOSE RINGS!!!

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
My MIL had a similar issue a few years ago. She bought a new setting, and a pretty expensive one at that ($5,000+). When she picked it up from the jeweler with her husband, me and my hubby, she was ooohing and aaahing all over it, then put it back in the box before she walked out the door. My FIL was like "what are you doing?" She said she didn''t want to risk getting it scratched. He was really ticked and said "then why on earth did we just spend so much money on this new setting?!" And he was completely right. She hardly ever wears it, and she got it like 6 or 7 years ago. Last year when she wanted some diamond earings for Christmas, her husband said no, because she will never wear them. She wears her $100 gold band most of the time, and it might be a while before she gets any other nice jewelry. She is trying to wear her diamond ring more, obviously not for things like housework or gardening, but even just around the house. Why on earth have it if you''re never going to wear it?

My husband''s grandmother was just the opposite. She had a ton of diamond jewelry and she wore a lot of pieces all the time. She used to be called Diamond Lil. My husband asked her once why she wears her nice pieces around the house and her response was, like so many others have said, you can''t take it with you! When she looked down at her pieces, it always brought a smile to her face. Who cares if there were some scratches? Like PearCrazy, it was neat to look at all her rings and think of everything she had been through with them.

....and if you need Xanax to get you through this,
2.gif
That''s OK too! (Totally different type of drug than Wellbutrin or Zoloft BTW)

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
I wish I could have all the jewelry that other women have but don''t wear!!!
2.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Would this not be a good time to say that I wear my wedding ring all the time and noticed a loose princess stone and a possible chip?
41.gif

Ahhh, not what you needed to hear...but as long as you get it checked out and keep tabs on it you're fine...

Excuse the following tangent:

LET ME GO HOME ALREADY. IT"S QUITTING TIME YOU BASTARDS.

ok, thank you.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s excused because I share it.

Im probably just going to LEAVE.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
For me not wearing mine all the time, it''s more of a sensitivity type thing.

Just like when I come home, the shoes come off, the jeans come off and knit pants go on, etc.

I''m not comfortable with rings on at home most of the time.

And if I wear a ring on my right hand, I often end up taking it off while I''m out because it drives me crazy.

(I''m one of those people who cuts the tags out of her tops too.)

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/23/2005 5:14:34 PM
Author: Patty

(I'm one of those people who cuts the tags out of her tops too.)
I would be too except that then my "brain like a sieve" would never know how to launder them.....
20.gif

Keep on trying Ame... you will learn to love wearing them. I have faith!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Everything goes in cold water. Whites by themselves, everything else in a different load. No shirts or pants in the dryer.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results