shape
carat
color
clarity

Well...the husband finally makes his feelings known...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was given the ole'' guilt trip and lambaste tonight about not wearing my nice rings. I feel terrible now...I know they are insured, but Im just not ready to risk damage.

I need therapy.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I thought you were making strides in this department. I know how scared you are about damaging them, but honestly diamonds are pretty hard. They ARE insured so WEAR them and ENJOY them. Hubby is right, time to set them free from their boxes.
2.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I took major leaps backwards since the remodeling is STILL NOT DONE. I tried to do the "when you paint the ceiling in the bathroom so we can put the light and sink in, Ill take them out of the box." game...didn''t work.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can understand not wearing them while doing renovations.... BUT you can certainly wear them to work, when you go out with Ryan, etc... Make it your New Years resolution.
21.gif
2.gif
11.gif

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
Ame, I have totally been like you. Completely afraid of wearing my rings because of the fear of damaging them, scratching them, etc. DH was always mad because "I spent all that money and you never wear them" yadda, and then I recalled how for years I used to be so jealous of other women b/c I wanted a diamond ring of my own, and now I have one and hardly wear it. They are completely insured too.

The other day, I was cleaning my ring set before we went out and I (GASP) dropped it (they are welded together now) on the floor. I watched in slow motion as the bounced and finally settled. My stomach felt sick! I whipped out my loupe and all the stones were ok, but two of the main prongs each have a tiny dent in it now. It ruined my whole night. But it also gave me a revelation. Rings are meant to be worn and they will get tiny scratches, etc as a result of life''s endeavors! Here I have a set I love and would not enjoy the rainbow sparkles it emits every day. So I said, the heck with it. I will wear it every day and on nice occasions where there will be minimal risk of damage (although clumsy me may always risk dropping them!) and in times they may get hit (work, etc) I will wear my plain band.

I have been so happy wearing them the past few days all day long! I love looking at them and thinking about my wedding and what they represent, and although I still guard it like a baby, I enjoy them now.

Hopefully you will be making strides!!! :)

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Ame, honey, you can do this!

Start with little steps. Tell yourself that you will wear them at least to work. If you have to take them off there, do so. Then put them on when you leave and wear them on the way home. Take them off when you get home if you need to. Then if you go out in the evening, put them back on.

They''re ROCKS, they are hard, they can take it!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d be more afraid to wear them out and then take them off somewhere that is not at home, I am more convinced when my rings are off my hands is when bad things would happen like dropping them or losing them.

But on the hand....I think your hand takes 99% of any brunt that the rings would get. WEAR THOSE DARN RINGS!!!!

Greg gets mad at me when I wear one ring or the other and not both, so he would have a fit of apoplexy if I never wore them at all...he''d probably take them away and buy a motorcycle!!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
23.gif
ame and PNP75 must be related to my wife
20.gif
she doesn''t wear her rings either.
29.gif

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
Funny, my husband is just the opposite. He has a fit when I wear them around the house or when we go to the store. Well, geez, we don''t go anywhere, so when else am I supposed to wear them?
33.gif

Momoftwo

Brilliant_Rock
Geez, rings are to be worn. My feeling is if you're afraid to wear what you have maybe you should downgrade to something you will wear. Why have them if you're not going to wear them? Jewelry is just "stuff" to be used, worn, etc., not matter how expensive or nice, or whatever!

blodthecat

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with Mara. There is more chance of losing them if your constantly taking them of....putting them back on.

Put those rings back on your hand....because that is where they are designed to be.

You''re paying for insurance, so that you can replace them, should the worst happen. So what is it that you are worried about?

Exactly....there''s isn''t anything to worry about.

Come on lass...you can do it!

blod
35.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Come on Ame, you could let years go buy with your sparklers sitting in their boxes and one day realise you have wasted so much time worrying about them and protecting them when you could have been enjoying them! Start by wearing them around the house to gain confidence, honestly the only damage that isn''t repairable is the actual diamond breaking and there isn''t much chance of that, plus you have insurance. YOU CAN DO THIS!!!! As said above, all our rings get their little life blemishes when worn by their doting owners, accept this that nothing is perfect and accidents still can happen if you only got them out for a special occasion. Come on, bite ther bullet, get those puppies on your finger where they belong and ENJOY!
35.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
You can always send them over for me to wear
31.gif
I''m still diamondless and would give just about anything for a new sparkly. Wear them girl, they are a gift from you hubby to be enjoyed. It obviously brings him pleasure to see you wearing them too.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rings are meant to by worn, seen and enjoyed--they don''t sparkle when they''re inside a box.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/22/2005 9:08:02 AM
Author: mrssalvo
You can always send them over for me to wear
31.gif
I''m still diamondless
What why?!

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
You can do it!!!!

I never wore jeweler to bed so I decided that I was going to take my ring off before I went to bed and when I showered. Up until this past Monday I did just that. I hated going to bed because I took them off. I would take them off at night because I was afraid that one of the prongs would rip off...why I thought this I haven''t a clue!
20.gif
I''m not a tosser and I don''t have sheets that can snag the ring. So one night I just left it on....
4.gif

I still take them off when I shower but that''s because I have a pave setting and I don''t want any of the tiny diamonds to pop out. Also because I don''t want the soap builldup. Plus what if it falls off and down the drain!?!?!?!
23.gif

I understand not wearing them when you are doing home improvements but think of all the girls out there hoping for what you have!!! Wear it for them!!!
28.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
OK, here ya go...some tough love.
36.gif

Having nice things is POINTLESS unless you enjoy them. The way to enjoy them is to actually wear them. Get over it or get a cz!! LOL....

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/22/2005 10:24:22 AM
Author: moremoremore
OK, here ya go...some tough love.
36.gif

Having nice things is POINTLESS unless you enjoy them. The way to enjoy them is to actually wear them. Get over it or get a cz!! LOL....
Yup, just what ame needs, love ya ame!!!
3.gif
11.gif
9.gif

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s my perspective. My parents have been married for 46 years. I recently FORCED my mother to take off her wedding set and let me take them to the jeweler to be reset. It seems over 46 years of ups and downs of married life my mom''s engagement ring had become worn, scratched, three prong heads broken off and the side of the ring almost completely worn through from the constant rubbing of her wedding ring against it. The jeweler told me it was a miracle that she hadn''t lost her diamond. She NEVER takes them off and I get a good laugh out of seeing all the dirt and crud caked in them when she comes to visit. She will let me clean them every so often but she WEARS the heck out of her rings. It was a little sad to return her well worn engagement setting to her after the jeweler removed her diamond from it to be reset. To me it''s a wonderful reminder of a life spent loving the same man for 46 of her 67 years.

Wear that ring, expect the dings and dents in it that go along with the ups and downs of marriage, and enjoy looking down at your hand and beautiful ring. But most of all wear it because it makes your husband happy.

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/22/2005 11:18:07 AM
Author: pearcrazy
Wear that ring, expect the dings and dents in it that go along with the ups and downs of marriage, and enjoy looking down at your hand and beautiful ring. But most of all wear it because it makes your husband happy.
What a beautiful sentiment!!!! And a great analogy!!! They were meant to be worn as how can such beauty be locked away to only be taken out once in a while?? Enjoy your rings and everything they are meant to signify.

mrs jam

Brilliant_Rock
I have a tendency to be paranoid about damaging my rings, too. But, as I''ve heard my grandma say time and time again, you can''t take it with you when you go (kick the bucket.) Enjoy them! I agree with the poster (I''m too lazy to scroll down and see who it was) who said that she can enjoy hers now that the initial blemish was finally put on them. I''m like that with a new car, too. I park out in the middle of nowhere just to avoid dings on the doors. The first ding or scratch is always traumatic. But after that, I loosen up.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Oh Ame, I agree with everyone else that the rings were made to be worn!!

Just take small steps....small steps....
2.gif

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
I understand in a sense. I always wear my rings out.. somehow.. people treat me differently when I have them on....Hmmmm..

But at home I usually only wear 1 of the wedding bands. But I wish that I couls wear them all the time. little by little I am kepping them on as much as possible. I have been able to wear them 3 nights in a row now.. so I am proud. But sometimes I take them off to do dishes (all but one) and I forget to put them back on until I am going out again.

But you can do it. Quit hiding away those sparklies from the world!!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m confused. You don''t wear your rings when doing things like cleaning, gardening, etc., or you don''t wear them AT ALL???

If it''s the latter, what was the point in picking out such delicate pieces? I mean why not just get a plain wedding band that can be beaten up a bit?

Good luck w/your therapy!
9.gif

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
MC....ame doesn''t wear her rings outside of the house almost at all!!!! We''ve been trying to give her the support to change this pattern...

You can do it ame!!!!!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/22/2005 5:28:39 PM
Author: AChiOAlumna
MC....ame doesn't wear her rings outside of the house almost at all!!!! We've been trying to give her the support to change this pattern...

You can do it ame!!!!!
oh, gosh. Support? I can send you some Xanax, Ame
9.gif
!

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
ame,

Umm, this may be totally impractical, but what about just getting another wedding set? sort of a ''stunt set''?
(shrug)

For my jewelry, the insurance was enough to ease my mind. From what I understand, some degree of wear is natural & normal. It''s sad to think of you not enjoying them due to an unrealistic expectation(that they will remain pristine and in unworn condition)

No matter how I''ve tried they''re daily covered in schmutz -various and sundry(spaghetti, baby spit, olive oil, fruit juice, lotion,..etc etc.)

My ''roval'' ring is already quite scuffed palmside of the shank. As far as I can tell, the diamonds are fine. My jeweler told me to bring it in at least every 9mos-year to check for damage.

I do have a little plastic Signity Starscope viewer that I use to check it when I''m so inclined (read: ''out of a job''/bored/obsessive).

Unless I really whack it on something(and even then..what can i do?) I leave the worry to my jeweler and Chubb.

My job is to love wearing them!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Xanax will do the trick!

I think the idea of a fake set and all fake jewelry from now and forevermore makes the best sense....it doesn't make any sense to spend good money on stuff you don't ever enjoy.

I agree with tough love! aka wear them or get rid of them!

Though now that I think about it, isn't this the 4th or 5th post about ame not wearing her rings? Chances are the girl will never wear them...support or tough love or whatever. Face the facts ame!! and hubby should too.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
What is Xanax???
34.gif

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/22/2005 6:45:01 PM
Author: kaleigh
What is Xanax???
34.gif
It''s an anti-anxiety medication...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results