shape
carat
color
clarity

Well, Now Brett Kavanaugh Can Face His Accuser

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Jambalaya I have a question for you. You talk a lot about proof/innocent until proven guilty/how foggy memories are after so many years and that he should not have lost his job (since this was just a glorified job interview) over accusations. I wonder how you feel about people coming forward 30+ years later and admit to being molested by priests? Do you believe them? If 3+ people accuse a particular priest of molesting them 30 years ago, would you be ok with that priest keeping his job?

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL that voluminous silhouette is a trademark of Cristobal Balenciaga's aesthetic. That coat is a nod back to his original designs. https://www.google.com/search?tbm=isch&q=cristobal+balenciaga&chips=q:cristobal+balenciaga,g_2:work:IjXGUW87G90=&usg=AI4_-kRwfw7Ghv3DZrVDnLJClS2JJPySBQ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjWvL-v5v7dAhVH5IMKHfLEDtEQ4lYILCgA&biw=1440&bih=687&dpr=2
Don't make me get all Meryl Streep in Devil Wears Prada on you, Red. :mrgreen2:
Oh you mentioned one of my favorite movies! Even DH loves it. The coat is still ugly as heck. ;-)

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Jambalaya I have a question for you. You talk a lot about proof/innocent until proven guilty/how foggy memories are after so many years and that he should not have lost his job (since this was just a glorified job interview) over accusations. I wonder how you feel about people coming forward 30+ years later and admit to being molested by priests? Do you believe them? If 3+ people accuse a particular priest of molesting them 30 years ago, would you be ok with that priest keeping his job?

I was going to stay away from this thread, but you've asked me a question and I shall answer. I wasn't going to be forthright about what I really think regarding the BK issues, but since you've asked me, I will give you a straight answer.

Yes, I would believe the people in your scenario above. Yes, I think they should come forward after 30 years. Yes, the priest should lose his job. Yes, I have always believed every woman who says she's been assaulted. While false accusations happen, they're rare, and most women wouldn't dream of making up such a thing.

So why don't I believe Christine Ford? Because I think she's a political activist. I strongly suspect that because of the timing.

If she is an activist, the gains for her cause are HUGE. Look at said timing. A man who could roll back abortion rights is about to be elected to the Supreme Court and SUDDENLY a woman accuses him, after decades of an unblemished record. Doesn't anyone think that this is a tad suspicious?

If she is a political activist, exactly the same as "Sabrina" was from Rolling Stone magazine, then in her mind she's helping to save hundreds of thousands of women from the burden of unwanted pregnancies. A laudable aim which I can understand, but you can't go around accusing innocent people and ruining their lives. That's against the law.

The four friends she names have no memory of the party where she was apparently assaulted. Turns out that she alluded to the incident in a therapy session in 2012, but she didn't name Brett Kavanaugh. She says she never coached anyone in a polygraph session, but a colleague saw her do just that. She says she has trouble flying and is claustrophobic, but the evidence bears neither of these things out. The very left-wing Globe newspaper is troubled by the way none of the four friends remember that party. It's not just me. In addition, no one else on the planet seems to remember such a gathering around that time. At all. In addition, her family has not supported her. We haven't heard a word from them.

The Rolling Stone "victim" was fine with throwing about six people totally under the bus because of her political aim of drawing attention to the problem of rape culture. There are such activists out there. I think Christine Ford is one of them, and it was the first thing I thought of because of the timing, before I knew anything else.

This is not your run-of-the-mill accusation involving two ordinary average citizens. The accused has the power to make abortion illegal. The stakes were HUGE. Absolutely HUGE. I actually would have been more surprised if no one had come forward with such an accusation in a desperate bid to stop the court being entirely controlled by the right and by anti-abortion activists.

I'm firmly pro-choice and I can understand the allure of trying everything you can think of to stop someone getting elected who will have the power to make abortion illegal. That. Is. Huge. But I'm against people ruining others' lives to achieve political aims.

If I turn out to be wrong, I'll be very sorry. I've always believed every other woman who reports an assault. But the timing of the accusation and the very nature of the things that are at stake make this a unique accusation. It's a safe game for her to play because no one can prove any lies after this long.

If she's telling the truth, and BK did do it, to deny outright ever being at that party is a VERY risky strategy for him. Think about it. If everything she says is true, he would not have denied ever being there because others would remember him there. He would have said he was there but they were fooling around, he was there but he remembers her making out with someone else, or some other watered-down version. To deny any such party at all, if true, is a very high-risk strategy.

That Rolling Stone article showed us that female activists willing to say they've been raped to achieve lofty aims do exist. I'd call them agitators rather than activists, but there you go.

I don't expect people will like my suspicions very much, and I am not going to spend the next five hours verbally boxing with people on here to dissect and defend every minutiae of what I've said. I think she's an activist. Well, Telephone, you asked me and I answered.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Jambalaya Thank you for your thoughtful reply! I do better understand your POV now.

Octo2005

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I truly appreciate the civil conversations and can agree with many of your points. It is nice to be able to talk things through, so that we all can at least come to a place of understanding , if not agreement. However, please consider some of my points below. I can acknowledge that although rare, these things do happen. That being said, I can also acknowledge, like I am sure all parents can, sometimes people lie to cover there own but. Him saying he wasn't at the party and other party goers saying they don't recall the incident, is not proof that it didn't happen. For all of these reasons, an actual investigation needed to be done. With testimony from many witnesses, not the joke of an investigation that occurred.

What actually should have happened, is they should have moved on to another candidate without the cloud over their head, but they wanted to rush it thru because of cases that are on the docket this month. If you were an employer and you were made aware of allegations regarding an applicant would you still consider them for the position? Remove the sexual nature of the allegations, a previous employer said they stole from them, but where unable to prove it. A previous employer or someone that knows them socially said that they have a drug/alcohol problem, would you still hire them? You can't prove these things if they were not proven in a court of law, but they would still give you pause as to the applicant. Remove triggering topics from a scenario and often you feel very differently. I try to look at a topic from not only a different point of view, but also in a different light or different scenerio to question if I am allowing my emotions to dictate my reasoning. Not saying that you are, we all do it and I think we should all strive to do better.

I was going to stay away from this thread, but you've asked me a question and I shall answer. I wasn't going to be forthright about what I really think regarding the BK issues, but since you've asked me, I will give you a straight answer.

Yes, I would believe the people in your scenario above. Yes, I think they should come forward after 30 years. Yes, the priest should lose his job. Yes, I have always believed every woman who says she's been assaulted. While false accusations happen, they're rare, and most women wouldn't dream of making up such a thing.

So why don't I believe Christine Ford? Because I think she's a political activist. I strongly suspect that because of the timing. This is propaganda sowed by the republicans and faux news to discredit her! This woman had a happy life and was well respected in her professional career and community. It is not rational to think that she would just wake up one day and decide to ruin her life and her families lives for a political agenda. Would you do it? I can't think of anyone willing to do something like this and I know many very driven people, it just doesn't ring true and she does not fit the mold of false accuser. There is absoultuly no proof that she made this up for political reasons. However, I can agree with you that the democrats handled this very poorly and can agree that they had political motivations.

If she is an activist, the gains for her cause are HUGE. Look at said timing. A man who could roll back abortion rights is about to be elected to the Supreme Court and SUDDENLY a woman accuses him, after decades of an unblemished record. Doesn't anyone think that this is a tad suspicious? Two other woman also made allegations (not as serious in nature) and a highly respected law professor has made comments that paint him in a negative light

If she is a political activist, exactly the same as "Sabrina" was from Rolling Stone magazine, then in her mind she's helping to save hundreds of thousands of women from the burden of unwanted pregnancies. A laudable aim which I can understand, but you can't go around accusing innocent people and ruining their lives. That's against the law. I agree you can't go around making things up, but republicans do it all the time and the right is quite on this (Pizzagate anyone? Hillary's hitlist, Obama's a muslim)

The four friends she names have no memory of the party where she was apparently assaulted. Turns out that she alluded to the incident in a therapy session in 2012, but she didn't name Brett Kavanaugh. I think this fact alone validates that it is not a political motive. Why would I bring this up in a private confidential therapy session? In case I might need to use it at some point? It just seems to far fetched to think she would lie about something in a session where she has absolutely no reason to lie. She says she never coached anyone in a polygraph session, but a colleague saw her do just that. This has been disputed https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/03/politics/kavanaugh-accuser-polygraph/index.html She says she has trouble flying and is claustrophobic, but the evidence bears neither of these things out. The very left-wing Globe newspaper is troubled by the way none of the four friends remember that party. It's not just me. In addition, no one else on the planet seems to remember such a gathering around that time. At all. In addition, her family has not supported her. We haven't heard a word from them. Doesn't prove a thing, I suppose you remember every single party you ever went to? Of course they don't recall, it was just like any other of the hundreds of parties that they went to as teenagers.

The Rolling Stone "victim" was fine with throwing about six people totally under the bus because of her political aim of drawing attention to the problem of rape culture. There are such activists out there. I think Christine Ford is one of them, and it was the first thing I thought of because of the timing, before I knew anything else.

This is not your run-of-the-mill accusation involving two ordinary average citizens. The accused has the power to make abortion illegal. The stakes were HUGE. Absolutely HUGE. I actually would have been more surprised if no one had come forward with such an accusation in a desperate bid to stop the court being entirely controlled by the right and by anti-abortion activists. This will never happen. There are millions of voters that are single issue voters and they vote republican because of pro-life. If Roe-v-Wade is overturned they will now have competion for those voters and will unlikely have the base that they currently have. That is not to say that they will not pass many restrictions and other laws, but I highly sought that they would truely overturn it. It is too valuable of a carrot to dangle/entice voters with.

I'm firmly pro-choice and I can understand the allure of trying everything you can think of to stop someone getting elected who will have the power to make abortion illegal. That. Is. Huge. But I'm against people ruining others' lives to achieve political aims.

If I turn out to be wrong, I'll be very sorry. I've always believed every other woman who reports an assault. But the timing of the accusation and the very nature of the things that are at stake make this a unique accusation. It's a safe game for her to play because no one can prove any lies after this long.

If she's telling the truth, and BK did do it, to deny outright ever being at that party is a VERY risky strategy for him. Think about it. If everything she says is true, he would not have denied ever being there because others would remember him there. He would have said he was there but they were fooling around, he was there but he remembers her making out with someone else, or some other watered-down version. To deny any such party at all, if true, is a very high-risk strategy.

That Rolling Stone article showed us that female activists willing to say they've been raped to achieve lofty aims do exist. I'd call them agitators rather than activists, but there you go.

I don't expect people will like my suspicions very much, and I am not going to spend the next five hours verbally boxing with people on here to dissect and defend every minutiae of what I've said. I think she's an activist. Well, Telephone, you asked me and I answered.

Last edited:

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is my opinion. I think Ford is a credible witness. Even Trump said she was credible!

Regardless of whatever her political affiliations, this was not some strident attack to try to prevent a non-pro choice judge from being seated (we all know who ever would have been nominated to fill the seat will be non-pro choice).
In fact while she reported it, she asked it to be confidential and hoped that he would not make it through the confirmation process, so she would be spared this ordeal. From what I heard, both her references to both therapist, and her husband were specific enough to allude to Kavanaugh, even if his name was not mentioned. These references were in 2012, 2016. For the 2016 he was named. Kavanaugh was nowhere near the top pick for the SCOTUS in 2016. He was an unlikely pick.

There are some people who are afraid of flying who fly. Because if you don't fly it can really limit you life. I have a driving phobia, but I girde my lions and drive almost every day. Do I mention to people every time I'm driving, that I'm afraid I'm going to crash the car and kill everyone in it? No of course not. I keep it to myself.
For the 4 people in the party who don't remember, I can't remember who was all mentioned, but a number of the same people were listed in Kavanaugh's calendar for "ski's". And you know, if these type of get togethers were common, and nothing traumatic happened to you, would you remember the party? Do you remember every get-together you attended in HS? The friend while she doesn't remember that specific incident, also said she "believed her." other classmates at the time remember her behavior changing and her basically dropping out of the social scene. She was able to narrow the timeline when this happened, remembering that she ran into Judge, 6 weeks or so after the incident when he was working in the grocery store, which places it summer before Kavanaugh's senior year. So there are people who do report corroborating evidence that she was traumatized, at something that happened at that time, that possibly had long term effects on her. Even Republicans who smeared her, don't dispute this. Instead they say she has a case of mistaken identity.

Another thing to think about Jambalaya, is that false accusations are rare. And when they happen, they typically fall into certain categories. She doesn't fall into any of those categories. I personally believe that she fabricated this story for some political motive to be the least plausible explanation.
https://www.vox.com/first-person/20...augh-assault-allegation-christine-blasey-ford

I also think it's interesting while you focus on these small matters with Ford, you seem to be ignoring Kavanaugh's testimony. As an attorney stated, he "cratered" it. That also points towards whose story is credible, and whose, is not.
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-poli...8/kavanaugh-ford-question-dodge-hearing-chart

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Life really is too short to go be batting back and forth over this, I have a busy night shift ahead and absolutely no time to read the looong, loong responses. I have no interest at all in bashing my head against a brick wall and no need at all to convince others that I might be right, or that I have a point, or whatever. People think what they think, and bashing back and forth here over it is one of the biggest wastes of time I can think of. I'll just end up repeating what I've already written. To give examples, someone just asked what she would have to gain. I already said what she would have to gain. She gets to save US womenkind from unwanted pregnancies. She achieves her aim as an activist. Those gains are HUGE. And someone said that false accusations are rare. I already said that exact thing. This is a very different case from - well, almost every other case. False accusations are rare, but see the Rolling Stone story. (I already said that, too!) And see the Duke lacrosse story. It's rare but it happens, and given what was at stake, I do not think the activist idea is crazy at all. Remember how taken in everyone was over Rolling Stone?

I also think it's odd that she can't remember a single thing about the location of the party. Not even the neighborhood. She had one beer. Surely she can remember the location. I went to parties 35 years ago and while I couldn't give you the address, I could lead you there. Absolutely. And they didn't really know each other. Maybe by sight form a distance. They went to separate high schools.

I found his testimony credible. Imagine how someone who had been falsely accused of assault in front of the world might sound, someone who had been put under great stress and stood to lose the highlight of his career over it. Well, they might sound just as outraged as he did. And he never one called her a liar. He said she had made a genuine mistake.

I hope there is a full and proper investigation. I hope no stone is left unturned in terms of interviewing the people who were around at that time.

Why have we not heard form her family? Why have the parents whose house it was not come forward? Why do NONE of her four named friends remember any such party?

And meanwhile, the future of abortion rights in the United States hung in the balance. This was an accusation that was just too convenient for me, and there are too many holes in her account.

Telephone asked me and I answered. This is my last word on the matter! :snooty:

Telephone, thank you for your simple and gracious response.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@partgypsy I began having panic attacks while driving in 2006. I am still terrified nearly every single time I drive on a highway and I can't explain it to anyone who has never experienced it either. I sweat, feel like I can't breathe, like I'm having a heart attack, and I have an irrational fear that the vehicle is going to fly off the road. It happens when I'm a passenger as well. On planes I'm fine because I drink two glasses of wine before I fly and sometimes one during if there's time and two haven't done the trick. Can't do that before driving. To hear Dr Ford's fear of flying challenged was a slap in the face to me. The last time I had a panic attack in the car I was driving back from a visit with my parents and had my child in the car. I had to pull over and throw up as soon as I got off the highway. I'm not going to stop taking her places or not visit my parents. I have to power through it and force my mind into focus with CBT techniques (creating lists in my head, reciting song lyrics in my head, counting in french in my head, etc.) Dr. Ford having to fly to Washington, especially when it was not for pleasure, but TORTURE...I can't imagine how hard that flight must have been if she didn't take something or drink. To use her phobia to discredit her is shameful.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Jambalaya so if an accuser is an activist they're disqualified from coming forward? In this country we have the right to protest. She participated in a women's march in 2017. Is that the activism to which you refer? I'm just trying to understand your reasoning here.
The message is not that men should be scared and that women can just come out of the woodwork and make false accusations to get revenge or manipulate politics/legislation. The message is that women are not going to sit back and let the gold old boy culture carry on as it always has. And that we are not going to be scared into silence.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
"In addition, her family has not supported her. We haven't heard a word from them." @Jambalaya (and I realize you are bowing out of the thread but I feel this is an important point regardless of whether you choose to respond) so this is being held against her, too? The fact that her FAMILY is FAILING her also discredits her testimony? Do you have any idea how many women (and men) are victims OF abuse from family members? I went to high school with a boy who was the product of his grandfather raping his mother. No, she never told anyone. He told me when we were in our twenties. She was sent away and his grandmother and grandfather raised him. So his mother's rapist is his father. I'm telling you this because everything I've read about the Blasey family is that they are all closely entwined with the families of all the boys (inluding Kavanaugh) at the parties where these alleged events took place. They belong to the same country clubs, social circles, churches. That makes them f*cked up people, in my opinion, for choosing to save their own faces instead of supporting their own daughter. So it is also my opinion that it is f*cked up to assume that because Blasey's family is not publicly supporting her and her allegations she is lying.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why have we not heard form her family? Why have the parents whose house it was not come forward? Why do NONE of her four named friends remember any such party?
Yup, too many why.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Why have the parents whose house it was not come forward? Why do NONE of her four named friends remember any such party?
And say what J? if those parties were anything like what I attended in HS, the parents were either not there, in which case they know zilch. Or, they were there, letting underage kids drink and go upstairs into bedrooms with the doors closed. Hardly something an adult who is supposed to be responsible would want to confess to. And besides, the parties I was at where the parents were there, they were NOT keeping an eye on us. Sadly. :nono:

I am pretty sure I could ask my friends about a lot of parties and they wouldn't remember a thing. Like the one where a good guy friend of mine started choking/strangling me in his car. I really thought I was going to die, but then, he just quit. I did tell people when we got back to the party we were at. I guarantee, if I asked any of the dozens of people there if they remembered that, I'd be shocked if one did.

I know you are not answering anymore, and I am not trying to be argumentative. Just putting forth some of the thoughts I've had reading all this. :wink2:

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Quickly - Monarch, no, I'm saying I think she's lying and THAT's the activism. Exactly the same as the Rolling Stone article. That writer made up the whole thing for the political/activist aim of drawing attention to the problem of rape culture. I'm saying that I'm highly suspicious of Christine Ford doing the same thing, due to the timing and due to the huge importance of what was at stake re. abortion. We learnt from the RS story that there are activists out there who are prepared to falsely accuse in order to achieve their political aims. I did not mean that activists should not come forward, I meant that lying in order to save abortion rights - the end justifies the means - IS the activism in this case, if it's true. I hope a thorough investigation will give us more evidence.

I'm repeating myself again!

As to the lack of support from her family, why haven't they said that they support and believe her? I think that's really weird. Perhaps they know her too well.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:nono:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Quickly - Monarch, no, I'm saying I think she's lying and THAT's the activism. Exactly the same as the Rolling Stone article. That writer made up the whole thing for the political/activist aim of drawing attention to the problem of rape culture. I'm saying that I'm highly suspicious of Christine Ford doing the same thing, due to the timing and due to the huge importance of what was at stake re. abortion. We learnt from the RS story that there are activists out there who are prepared to falsely accuse in order to achieve their political aims. I did not mean that activists should not come forward, I meant that lying in order to save abortion rights - the end justifies the means - IS the activism in this case, if it's true. I hope a thorough investigation will give us more evidence.

I'm repeating myself again!

As to the lack of support from her family, why haven't they said that they support and believe her? I think that's really weird. Perhaps they know her too well.

Which family members, her parents and siblings? Her freaking dad still belongs to the same golf club as Brett's dad. Do you not see what's happening there? Do you not see how someone's elderly parents don't want to go through not only the media circus surrounding this situation, but lose their friends and be shunned from their community? People are shitty. They put party over country, and they put themselves ahead of even blood relatives. All the time. To me, yet ANOTHER reason Dr. Ford didn't come forward for so long is she knew what it would do to her family and she didn't want to put her parents through this hell.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
On the family issue, an article form the uber-respectable Washington Post:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...ory.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.81e383f71df5

I'd say the most likely explanation is that they know her too well. It's possible she's a fantasist. For all the wonderful good of the #MeToo movement, it's exactly the sort of thing that attracts con artists and fantasists, who ruin it for the multitudes who are telling the truth.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There's just no point discussing this. Head/brick/wall - on both sides of the argument. We NEED an investigation.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Forget it.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dr. Ford could have single-handedly saved every woman in America from the specter of unwanted pregnancies and births, and saved generations of women coming up from the same. That's millions and millions and millions of women whose right to control their own bodies would have been saved.

I cannot think of a better reason to lie about the man who could make it happen.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I cannot think of a better reason to make sure the lie was irrefutable.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Which family members, her parents and siblings? Her freaking dad still belongs to the same golf club as Brett's dad. Do you not see what's happening there? Do you not see how someone's elderly parents don't want to go through not only the media circus surrounding this situation, but lose their friends and be shunned from their community? People are shitty. They put party over country, and they put themselves ahead of even blood relatives. All the time. To me, yet ANOTHER reason Dr. Ford didn't come forward for so long is she knew what it would do to her family and she didn't want to put her parents through this hell.
Yep. Like when I was a teen and suffered a miscarriage in the bathroom at home, a pregnancy which no one knew about. I called to my mom to tell my sister I needed her. She came in the bathroom and I explained what had just happened. The VERY FIRST thing out of her mouth was that I needed to go to a hospital in a different town. We wouldn't want this getting out. :nono:

J, reputation is everything to some people. It's a fact.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think setting the incident 36 years ago makes it pretty airtight. I mean, if it didn't happen, there are a limited number of ways you could make a false accusation stick. Perhaps her aim was just to create enough doubt in the committee's minds and conjure up enough public pressure just to get him off the court job.

ETA: I mean, given that it wasn't a criminal trial, her story didn't have to be airtight. All she needed was to create enough questions to ensure doubt.

If it's true, that is. Of course, I don't know. I'm just highly suspicious because of the almost-unbelievable scale of what was at stake.

If there's a proper investigation and I turn out to be wrong, I'll be very sorry.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh god, Ellen, that's horrendous. I'm so sorry.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jambalaya, do you believe the account that she told her therapist and husband some years ago that she was attacked?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Honestly the more I think about it the fact that her family has not spoken up and supported her helps her case even more insofar as "why didn't you tell anyone then? why wait until now?" So Jambalaya, while I understand that line of thought re activism and perhaps that is part of the timing I still do not understand why she isn't to be believe because of it. And I agree with you that the matter needs to be more thoroughly investigated.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jambalaya, do you believe the account that she told her therapist and husband some years ago that she was attacked?

I'm not sure about that, Ellen. It's possible she was attacked another time by another man and chose to use the experience for the good of womankind. It's possible that she was lying, and laying the groundwork for if this day ever came, if she is the kind of activist that "Sabrina" of RS fame was. (BK was being touted as a possible judge in 2012.) It's possible she was telling the truth and that I'm just a complete asshat.

Apparently she didn't mention BK by name in that therapist session, and the therapist also won't hand over the notes.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Honestly the more I think about it the fact that her family has not spoken up and supported her helps her case even more insofar as "why didn't you tell anyone then? why wait until now?" So Jambalaya, while I understand that line of thought re activism and perhaps that is part of the timing I still do not understand why she isn't to be believe because of it. And I agree with you that the matter needs to be more thoroughly investigated.

Monarch, it's not that I think she would have told her family at the time. It's that they haven't said, simply, "We believe and support our daughter" or some such.

The reason I feel suspicious is the things I've mentioned re. abortion/timing/scale and gravity, PLUS the fact that there are so many holes in her story. It's those two aspects together. Still no one has come up with an explanation why she doesn't even know the vaguest location of the party and why none of the four friends can remember it and why not a single person has come forward and said they were ever at a party where the two were both present. I mean, I hope you can see why I feel suspicious.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm not sure about that, Ellen. It's possible she was attacked another time by another man and chose to use the experience for the good of womankind. It's possible that she was lying, and laying the groundwork for if this day ever came, if she is the kind of activist that "Sabrina" of RS fame was. (BK was being touted as a possible judge in 2012.) It's possible she was telling the truth and that I'm just a complete asshat.

Apparently she didn't mention BK by name in that therapist session, and the therapist also won't hand over the notes.
Ok, thanks for elaborating. :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results