carat
color
clarity

Well, Now Brett Kavanaugh Can Face His Accuser

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Let’s be really honest here...

There were better, more qualified candidates than Kavanaugh. The fact that he stated he did not believe a sitting president should be prosecuted is the only reason that he has been chosen for this position.

Any of the candidates Trump chooses will put Roe v. Wade in jeopardy. The Republicans vetted the candidates for SCOTUS and made sure it was so.

We should be very alarmed that this guy might allow a treasonous president to get away with breaking our highest laws. We should also be alarmed that our republican law makers would put a judge in place that would actually carry out the task. Furthermore, I find it even MORE alarming that our citizens would support this action all in the name of “having the winning team.” This isn’t football. This is the fate of our country.

+1000. @House Cat

Since we are being honest. Last December the GOP supported Roy Moore. The man preyed on teenage girls. He barely lost the election. This was two months after the MeToo movement had began. Would it really surprise anyone if Kavanaugh is confirmed?

This IS different @redwood66 . This president is not fit to be president. People are flipping to talk to Mueller. People who worked for Trump have already pleaded guilty. This Judge could determine the fate of our country.

Our system is broken. It’s no longer about our country for these Republicans. It’s about party and power.

Ms Ford seems extremely credible. What woman who was held down by a man’s friends, had the man put his hand over mouth and was trying to take her clothes off, would not consider this attempted sexual assault?

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Orin Hatch just said on camera that Kavanaugh wasn’t at the party Ms Ford said this happened at.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is really tasteless and doesn't help anything.

@redwood66 FYI. Donald Trump Jr. posted the attached Dear Cindy letter to his Instagram account yesterday.

Well of course it came from Donald Trump, Jr. What did redwood think, that a Pricescoper made it up? And of course it was tasteless. He is tasteless. More than that: immoral, misogynistic and a thug. And he never helps anyone except himself and the other Trumps.

AGBF

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Trump is on CNN right now praising Kavanaugh. Trump said it was a ridiculous question when a reporter asked if Kavanaugh has offered to withdraw.

At the hearings Senator Hirono asked Judge Kavanaugh “Since you became a legal adult, have you ever made unwanted requests for sexual favors or committed any verbal or physical harassment or assault of a sexual nature”

Is it normal to phrase a question with “Since you became a legal adult” when asking a question at these hearings?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Listen to the letter written by Dr. Ford to Senator Feinstein. One of the links on this CNN website leads to it being read. It has detail and is compelling. Remember that the letter naming Kavanaugh was received by "The Washington Post" before Judge Kavanaugh was chosen. He was only one name on the list when she sent it and was interviewed.

A letter of support for her has immediately been drawn up by alumnae of the Holton-Arms school (which is an independent girls' school). It has far more than 65 signatures!

Link...https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/kavanaugh-sexual-assault-allegation-dle/index.html

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well of course it came from Donald Trump, Jr. What did redwood think, that a Pricescoper made it up? And of course it was tasteless. He is tasteless. More than that: immoral, misogynistic and a thug. And he never helps anyone except himself and the other Trumps.

AGBF

Deb, I only posted it because I wasn’t certain if Red knew this was on Trump Jr’s Instagram page. It’s sad to know Trump Jr. has daughters.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When Judge Kavanaugh's name was put forward for The Supreme Court I was interested in, and seriously alarmed by, his judicial views. He appeared to take views that were in opposition to many reasonable past court decisions and to The Constitution as well as to people (as opposed to corporations). I did not follow all the little things about his character that were brought out at his hearings.

Now I am interested in his character because of the allegation of attempted rape by Dr. Ford. And I was appalled to read, when reading about his alleged gambling debts and his proven past history of perjury (which was already known to me), more about his friendship with serial sexual predator Alex Kozinski. How did this man, with his history of lying under oath, suspect debts, and intimate friendship with a sexual predator come to be known as such a choir boy?

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-poli...inee-brett-kavanaugh-gambling-written-answers

AGBF

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wondered about the debt. One of the articles I read said he had purchased sporting events tickets for himself and a group of friends. My thought was if he was purchasing season tickets for a group of people it probably would cost a bit of money, but why wasn’t it paid off immediately. What wealthy person has credit card debt on their cards? At the very least this man isn’t very good with managing money.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What the effing hell? I was agreeing with her. It really pisses me off that people automatically assume that I will be against anything and everything anyone farking posts here. :angryfire: It seems your assumptions would be your issue with people who disagree with you at times rather than my problem.

@redwood66 FYI. Donald Trump Jr. posted the attached Dear Cindy letter to his Instagram account yesterday.

AGBF

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What the effing hell? I was agreeing with her. It really pisses me off that people automatically assume that I will be against anything and everything anyone farking posts here. :angryfire:

I'm laughing, red. You reap what you sow. You have shown yourself to be a conservative. I have been attacked out of the blue by people who assumed I was saying something I was not because they knew I was a liberal.

Sorry, girl.

Deb :wavey:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm laughing, red. You reap what you sow. You have shown yourself to be a conservative. I have been attacked out of the blue by people who assumed I was saying something I was not because they knew I was a liberal.

Sorry, girl.

Deb :wavey:

I have shown myself to be a conservative. So? What exactly does that reap? Does that automatically make me some kind of cretin? If, in your mind, it does then that is your (collective) problem, not mine. And it tells me a whole lot more about someone else than myself.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have shown myself to be a conservative. So? What exactly does that reap? Does that automatically make me some kind of cretin? If, in your mind, it does then that is your (collective) problem, not mine. And it tells me a whole lot more about someone else than myself.

Of course not. I know you are highly intelligent. You only posted a few words. That's the problem. When I do that, sometimes thinking that people will understand a joke I am making, I am often misunderstood. If you spell out your entire thought the dimwitted among us (your readers) have a better chance of understanding you.

Your friend,
Deb :))

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes according to all the PSer liberals. FYI, it is against PS policy to be a conservative. :wink2:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Un-freaking-believable. These old fossils are going to do themselves in.....

Screen Shot 2018-09-17 at 6.22.15 PM.png

I wish I were as optimistic as you are @soxfan . And people wonder why women don’t come forward. I’m not so sure the Old fossils will do themselves in. Dr. Ford’s home is being staked out. Women will feel the wrath directed at this woman and the silence will continue, the way it has for so many decades. Dr. Ford is a very strong woman.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please relax @redwood66 . I only posted to you because I wasn’t sure you knew Trump Jr had posted this “Dear Cindy” meme. I wasn’t trying to start anything,

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes according to all the PSer liberals. FYI, it is against PS policy to be a conservative. :wink2:

Oh, please. I have been attacked by all kinds of lunatics on Pricescope because they didn't understand a word of what I was writing. Having "the correct" politics won't save you on the Internet. I think I learned that in 1993 using Usenet newsreaders to post back before Windows came out.

Deb/AGBF

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The timing of the whole dang thing is what sucks and is causing fence sitters to question it. Feinstein's waiting until the last minute is pure politics. This should have come out when the info was received in July, not one week before the vote, to allow time for review. This view has nothing to do with the validity of her story.

It is a win-win for Dems to have played this card now because Repubs look like crap for pushing him through or if they wait and lose the Senate after the election Dems will hold shit up forever and cry that the nominee must wait until the new Senate is seated. Politicians being politicians.

Last edited:

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The timing of the whole dang thing is what sucks and is causing fence sitters to question it. Feinstein's waiting until the last minute is pure politics. This should have come out when the info was received in July, not one week before the vote, to allow time for review. This view has nothing to do with the validity of her story.

It is a win-win for Dems to have played this card now because Repubs look like crap for pushing him through or if they wait and lose the Senate after the election they will hold shit up forever.

Ummm..... how is this any different than black-balling Merrick Garland? And he didn't even HAVE any allegations against him! The accuser was outed- she did not choose this! You sound like Mitch McConnell. :rolleyes:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ummm..... how is this any different than black-balling Merrick Garland? And he didn't even HAVE any allegations against him! The accuser was outed- she did not choose this! You sound like Mitch McConnell. :rolleyes:
Like I said. Politics. You have yours and the other side has theirs. One is no better than the other.

Fire them all because they sure aren't working for the majority of voters. What a joke. No wonder Congress' poll numbers are so low.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, please. I have been attacked by all kinds of lunatics on Pricescope because they didn't understand a word of what I was writing. Having "the correct" politics won't save you on the Internet. I think I learned that in 1993 using Usenet newsreaders to post back before Windows came out.

Deb/AGBF
PSer liberals are lunatics ?. :o

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Theoretically, if Kavanaugh took a lie detector and passed would you believe him?

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PSer liberals are lunatics ?. :o

Ugh. DF you always come on these threads and contribute NOTHING. Literally nothing. You’ve never made a solid argument. You serve as a distraction at best and at worst, an ignorant, uninformed instigator.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh. DF you always come on these threads and contribute NOTHING. Literally nothing. You’ve never made a solid argument. You serve as a distraction at best and at worst, an ignorant, uninformed instigator.

He is like a stick that likes to keep poking till he gets a reaction.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I know, I know...unless you are a liberal everyone else is ignorant. :praise:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results