shape
carat
color
clarity

Well, after my nightmare with another dealer, BRIAN GAVIN DIAMONDS SAVED MY SANITY!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kristie

Shiny_Rock
I really and truly do not know how to begin.......almost everyone on PS knows of my hideous experience with a dealer I was referred to (NOT on PS).

After multiple recommendations from fellow PSers.......I called up Lesley at Brian Gavin Diamonds. I told her what I was looking for and there were 2 diamonds that really fit the bill for me and my fiance.

http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamond/diamond-detail/?product_id=AGS-1040397620038
http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamond/diamond-detail/?product_id=AGS-1040397620041

After speaking with Lesley for only moments, I just KNEW I had found the single greatest place on earth to buy a diamond. She was so helpful, kind, understanding and just a truly wonderful person. Over the next day or two I sent her TONS of emails......she always responded so quickly, professionally, and you can just tell she goes above and beyond to make people happy....and OMG, does she sleep??? I thought I was a night owl and here she was...in a different time zone, cheerfully answering my emails at midnight!

I did not get into semantics over my last hideous purchase from the other vendor.....I just explained it was very hard for me to find an absolutely eyeclean SI2. She assured me that the G/SI2 I listed above was 100% absolutely eyeclean.....EVEN FROM THE SIDE! After all of my bad experiences with so called "eye clean" stones lately......I was a tiny bit skeptical just because I have been SO burned lately. Lesley gave me no doubt though after we were done talking that this was truly an exceptional and special SI2 that I would have to see to believe. Obviously, the H/VS1 I listed above was eyeclean
9.gif

Lesley then told me that just to make SURE I felt great about having BOTH stones sent to my appraiser for viewing, that I could talk to "The Man" himself......Mr. Brian Gavin. Brian came on the phone and as if Lesley already did not make me comfortable enough, Brian was just amazing. He educated me more about diamonds than I have learned in hours poring over PS. When you speak to him, you can just feel the love, dedication and true passion for his work and every ounce of perfection that is put into each and every stone. It is as if each stone is his own private little masterpiece. Brian spoke with me for an HOUR AND A HALF and he took out both stones with me on the phone and he went over the intricacies of each stone with me. I felt like I had both diamonds sitting right in front of me when I was really on an audio tour of them
1.gif

Afterward, even after and hour and a half on the phone using this man's valuable time, I felt ZERO pressure at all to decide on either of them whatsoever......none. Of course, I told Brian I wanted to see both of them IRL because I was torn between the two.....there was a big price jump between the 2 ($10k) and they were really the same size face up for the most part. However, I was a little gunshy because of the SI2 and my last experiences so I also wanted to see that VS1 just to be sure I would be 100000% happy with my choice...and also the "mindclean" factor. After talking to Brian I had NO DOUBT that the SI2 would be clean as a whistle.....but hey, the H/VS1 still looked like a contender.

Brian and Lesley were just so patient and kind and just truly wonderful human beings. They really have so much good karma coming their way. They are very, very, special people.

Now, for the good part!!!! I saw BOTH stones IRL at the appraiser today and chose one!!! It is perfect and amazing and EYECLEAN even from the SIDE and FACEDOWN!!!!!

Presenting my BGD Signature H&A 2.45/G/SI2!!!!! OMG!!!! I am in LOVE!!!! It is being shipped back to them ASAP so it can be set
30.gif

http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamond/diamond-detail/?product_id=AGS-1040397620038

THANK YOU BRIAN AND LESLEY FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART AND FOR RESTORING MY FAITH IN GOOD PEOPLE AND EXCEPTIONAL, BEYOND OUTSTANDING CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!

I could fill ten pages with how awesome Brian and Lesley are....truly.......there are not enough words to describe these two fantastic people.

For now, you will have to just cut and paste the above link to see the gorgeous stone....when it is set, I will post pics
21.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations Kristie! I''ve worked with BGD and they are just world class.

You know when you giving people recommendations to things? Like movies, or restuarants or whatever... you feel the need to qualify your recommendation with a couple of babbling phrases that add up to: "that''s my opinion anyway and I hope you agree???" There are just some PS vendors that I (a professional babbler) just say "Call them." that''s it, no babbling. BGD is at the top of that list. I''m glad that after all the pain you went through you are finally working with a great vendor and have a stone that is mindclean and brings a smile to your face.

How are you setting it?

hmr_mama

Brilliant_Rock
Yay! Can''t wait to see pics of your new rock!
30.gif
36.gif
30.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I also have a G SI2 from BGD that I adore. It has one little inclusions on the table area that if I squint and hold it about 5 inches from my face in the right lighting I can see very easily
3.gif
But it is a killer rock and I love it.

Ditto Gypsy: When will you set it?

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
congrates!!!

36.gif
Lesley and Brian
36.gif

kristie

Shiny_Rock
^^^^Thanks dreamer, I did not know how to make them "clickable." I was so excited, I don't think I even realized it! LOL!

Anyone out there that is contemplating that H/VS1 better snatch it up, it is also a STUNNER!!! They looked identical! When I had them side by side, I was envisioning one kick ass set of earrings
9.gif

Brian told me that when I got to the appraiser to have her take out both stones and not tell me which one is which before we started puting them through their test, to see if one over the other "spoke" to me.

I played around with both of them, assisting in ensuring they matched their respective G and H on the master set, used ASET and IS on them and looked at the H&A on them.....OMG the hearts!!! I never realized how AWESOME true H&A diamonds are! These stones look just stunning in even the crappiest light.

I looked at the SI2 in every lighting that exists I think, I even took them outside and could find NOTHING with my freaky eagle eyes
10.gif

I am setting it in a standard plat Tiffany six prong at BGD......also with two secret stones in the band......my birthstone color and my fiance's
1.gif
I am going to order my fiance his wedding band from GBD also and have the secret stones also put in his.......super cool idea!

The diamonds are going back to BGD on Monday for Tuesday delivery and Lesley said it should take 3-4 days to set.....I am PRAYING that maybe, just maybe, I will have it in a week from today!!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Did you get a refund already from "the vendor that shall not be named"?

kristie

Shiny_Rock
Yep, they sent me a check minus the $1500-ish or so......things happen for a reason, or so I like to believe.

I may have lost $1500 in that experience, but look what it made me find......Brian and Lesley!! Just the faith they have instilled in me was well worth $1500, no ifs ands or buts.....I absolutely mean that.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2010 1:45:48 AM
Author: kristie
Yep, they sent me a check minus the $1500-ish or so......things happen for a reason, or so I like to believe.

I may have lost $1500 in that experience, but look what it made me find......Brian and Lesley!! Just the faith they have instilled in me was well worth $1500, no ifs ands or buts.....I absolutely mean that.
As apercentage of what you spent, it is small potatoes, and you easily saved that much buying online anyways. *Shrug* live and learn. I have lost about the same amount in my own diamond learning curve -- overspent on a diamond and then sold it at a loss.

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
So, now that you have the refund in hand you''ll be happy to share the name of the bad vendor with the obscure policies, right? Especially as the dust has settled, and you will want to add value to PS.

Congrats on a sweet diamond !!!

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Just by the tone of your post, I can sense the excitement and relief all at once...
5.gif

I purchased from Brian & Lesley when before they moved on from Whireflash...(Earrings, Accent Stones)

You see it in business rarely, but business is 90 % connecting with people and making them feel comfortable..

I am glad you had a great experience and can''t wait to see that WHOPPER on your finger!
35.gif

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so happy for you Kristie.
Here's a big e-hug. MMMMUUAAHH!

This has to be one of the best PS sagas ever!
36.gif

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
I''m glad your story had a happy ending!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kristie
you bought my stone!!
boohoo1.gif
J/K.

congrats, a beauty indeed.
30.gif
sometime the lab report can make a SI stone look so bad compared RL. now,can you loan me $30k so i can buy the H VS1?
31.gif

kristie

Shiny_Rock
^^^Were you really looking at the G/SI2??
I am sorry if you were.....I will email you pics of it once I get it back, lol!
The H/VS1 was just a stunner......but I literally could not tell them apart clarity wise with the naked eye, so we decided to save $10k since we are buying a house in the next few months
1.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/6/2010 3:34:10 AM
^^^Were you really looking at the G/SI2??
I am sorry if you were.....I will email you pics of it once I get it back, lol!
The H/VS1 was just a stunner......but I literally could not tell them apart clarity wise with the naked eye, so we decided to save $10k since we are buying a house in the next few months
1.gif
forget about the house,just loan me the $30k.
9.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAY!

kristie

Shiny_Rock
DF......LOL!! I wish I had an extra $30k laying around.....when we do, thank goodness, BGD has that awesome 100% upgrade return policy
9.gif
muuuhaawwwwhhhaaaaawwwww.....

That is bad......it is not even on my finger and I am having shrinkage thoughts? LMAO! I must get a stunner of a BGD wedding band to make up for it!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/6/2010 3:54:24 AM
DF......LOL!! I wish I had an extra $30k laying around.....when we do, thank goodness, BGD has that awesome 100% upgrade return policy
9.gif
muuuhaawwwwhhhaaaaawwwww.....

That is bad......it is not even on my finger and I am having shrinkage thoughts? LMAO! I must get a stunner of a BGD wedding band to make up for it!
very normal for a girl to catch DSS.
2.gif

kristie

Shiny_Rock
How in the heck does that happen????
Lordy, my appraiser had just received a 3.23 ct. D/VS1 and I about fainted!!! My 2.45 looked....dare I say.....petite...next to it *runs and hides*

BUT, mine was prettier
9.gif

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
I am delighted you got your happy ending!!

Can''t wait to see your new ROCK!!!!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kristie

I am so glad this has a happy ending!! I just wanted to mention the new stone also has twinning wisps, are you absolutely sure you can''t see them?

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Congrats! I am glad you had an amazing experience with BGD. This is why the preferred PS vendors are who they are.

kristie

Shiny_Rock
Lorelei....I know! It is soooooo funny! When I was on the phone with Brian, I explained to him that the plot of the twinning wisps really freaked me out and explained what they had looked like to me in the old 2.68 I had bought. It made me paranoid about twinning wisps.

He totally reassured me that the wisps were clear/white and were invisible. He is absolutely right, they are invisible, even from the sides....perfectly gorgeous stone. I looked at it TONS of different lighting, even took it outside. I have no concerns with this beauty at all. As Brian also made sure to educate me that obviously, not all twinning wisps are the same. I never thought any SI2 could look this good!

I showed him pics of my 2.68 and he said that those twinning wisps were the kind that almost looked as though a spiderweb had collected a sprinkling of dark dust on it.....he was absolutely right and I loved his creative analogy of that. He absolutely assured me that in all lighting this diamond would have "clear spiderweb" tiny little wisps in it and it would never turn dark or black.

I could not be any more pleased with this stone
1.gif

Bosie

Shiny_Rock
Kristie
Can you tell us the name of the vendor now? We all want to avoid!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/6/2010 6:08:12 AM
Lorelei....I know! It is soooooo funny! When I was on the phone with Brian, I explained to him that the plot of the twinning wisps really freaked me out and explained what they had looked like to me in the old 2.68 I had bought. It made me paranoid about twinning wisps.

He totally reassured me that the wisps were clear/white and were invisible. He is absolutely right, they are invisible, even from the sides....perfectly gorgeous stone. I looked at it TONS of different lighting, even took it outside. I have no concerns with this beauty at all. As Brian also made sure to educate me that obviously, not all twinning wisps are the same. I never thought any SI2 could look this good!

I showed him pics of my 2.68 and he said that those twinning wisps were the kind that almost looked as though a spiderweb had collected a sprinkling of dark dust on it.....he was absolutely right and I loved his creative analogy of that. He absolutely assured me that in all lighting this diamond would have ''clear spiderweb'' tiny little wisps in it and it would never turn dark or black.

I could not be any more pleased with this stone
1.gif
Ok, I just wanted to make sure because I would hate to see you disappointed again, but this time you are in very good hands with Brian and Lesley!

kristie

Shiny_Rock
I know
2.gif
I truly appreciate your concern and for pointing out the wisps, trust me, I was scared when I saw the plot! Brian had told me to not look at either AGS Report when they arrived here and to appreciate each stone what is in real life, not on a plot, and see which one spoke to me more.

All I can say is......thank goodness the one that was less expensive spoke to me more, LOL!!
9.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A silver lining to a black storm cloud - don''t you just love it! I am so happy that this has worked out for you and that you have found a stone that you truly love!

Looks like it will be a stunner - enjoy every moment of it!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/6/2010 7:36:04 AM
I know
2.gif
I truly appreciate your concern and for pointing out the wisps, trust me, I was scared when I saw the plot! Brian had told me to not look at either AGS Report when they arrived here and to appreciate each stone what is in real life, not on a plot, and see which one spoke to me more.

All I can say is......thank goodness the one that was less expensive spoke to me more, LOL!!
9.gif
I think you have reached the end of this journey and can now enjoy your stunning new ring to the fullest, I am delighted for you!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results