Welcome Bags

Which tote do you like best?

• Tote 1

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Tote 4

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone!
35.gif

I''m putting together some welcome bags/out-of-town bags for our guests and would like your opinion on which one you would prefer to receive. There''s a bit of a price difference amongst them but I won''t list it as I don''t want it to influence which one you choose and the guests won''t know the cost anyways.

On another note, we have some male guests attending on their own (no GFs, wives, SOs). Would it be weird to give them these bags? I was thinking of giving them something more ''masculine'' but there aren''t many masculine beach bags out there.
2.gif
Do men even carry bags to the beach??? What do you think about giving them the same bag and letting them know they can then give it to their wives, GFs, mothers, sisters, etc... Any suggestions would be appreciated!

I''ve found some fun stuff to put in these bags and am looking forward to handing them out.
36.gif
I hope our guests like them!

CDN

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Tote 1

ToteforOOT.jpg

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Tote 2

YellowBlueTote.jpg

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Tote 3

ParisTrapezoidTote.jpg

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Tote 4

BodegaBay.JPG

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
FYI, Tote 4 comes in a bunch of colours and if this is the ''winner'' I would get a mix so everyone doesn''t have the exact same bag.

OffWhite.JPG

meresal

Ideal_Rock
I voted for Tote 4... and I recommend not giving these bags to the men coming alone. What a toiletry bag instead. You know, those things that you put shaving cream, razor, toothbrush (etc.) in when you travel.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
I voted tote 2 even though I liked tote 4 better. The reason why I liked tote 2 better for the welcome bags though is because its generic. Even dads can take this to the beach. Dads won''t really want to take a flowery tote bag to the beach. But if it were for me personally, I''d like #4

E B

Ideal_Rock
I voted Tote #4. #1 is adorable, but those wooden handles might get annoying, and I'm all about re-using a welcome bag for anything (groceries, travel, whatever). #4 is cute and versatile.

Land's End has some pretty generic, manly totes, depending on your budget (available in dark green, navy, black trims). Meresal's toiletry bag is also a good idea.

Land's End Tote Bags

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
CDN, I also voted #4. I like their floral, beachy feel and I love that they are available in mulitple colours so that everyone doesn't end up with the exact same bag. Like you, we have a couple guys who'll be attending our DW without a girlfriend/wife, but we still want to provide them with a beach tote so we're thinking a drawstring one. It's nothing fancy, but still appropriate for the beach and will be able to hold their towel, suntan lotion and chapstick etc.

Sorta like this one, but obviously not in this pattern. They'll be solid colours like blue, black etc.

Drawstring Tote.jpg

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
I voted for one because I think that bag is absolutely adorable and doesn''t look like a gift bag, but an actual gift. The others are more practical, I guess, but I like that one is more unique and doesn''t look like something you could by in bulk as a party favor. As for the guys you could probably find another bag that is more masculine.

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
I voted for #2 but I LOVE #4. If you are looking for one a guy might use, or be happy to receive it is likely the more generic blue/green. Even the shape of it is a little more functional than fashionable. Now if there were a way to do the generic WITH the floral...

laine

Brilliant_Rock
I voted 4, but I really like 2 as well. I''d go with whichever is cheaper, probably.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
I like the color of number 3.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
It seems to me like Tote 2 will have the widest appeal. I like Tote 4 best, personally.

KatyWI

Brilliant_Rock
Four four four!!!! Super cute and versatile! I love 2 also, but I think the more subdued colors of #4 make it a slightly better choice :)

missjaxon

Brilliant_Rock
I really love number 4. I also think it is versatile and also think it would be appropriate to give to a single man. It doesn't scream feminine even though it has flowers they seem more hawaiian to me and I have seen men in swim trunks with these patterns on them and just looks fun and beachy. I would totally give something like that to my brother or any man for that matter. The options of different colours also makes it fun.

ETA: Where did you find tote #4, if you don't mind me asking. I wouldn't mind one for myself.
2.gif

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/11/2009 1:49:43 PM
Author: meresal
I voted for Tote 4... and I recommend not giving these bags to the men coming alone. What a toiletry bag instead. You know, those things that you put shaving cream, razor, toothbrush (etc.) in when you travel.

Ditto!! Fabulous idea meresal!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love number four. I think it''s a great sized bag and it looks nice too.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Number 4. Although, I think they are all cute. My favorite for myself would be number 1, but I think number 4 is something more people would like.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Love the color and shape of 3, but not for the dudes! Go with the plain black toiletry bag for them; something they can reuse comfortably.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Number 4. Love it!

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
Thritto. A toiletries bag for the single men would be a great gift! It''s something that is definitely stylish and most men don''t usually go out and get one for themselves. I bought FI a really nice Nautica one at for our first Christmas and he still uses it. His co-workers teased him mercilessly for the first few trips about it being a HUGE improvement over his old toiletries bag (a Target plastic bag!)

Recently, I''ve seen some designer ones for under $15 from Marshall''s (Polo, Perry Ellis, Kenneth Cole, etc.) and I am sure that TJMaxx and Nordstrom''s Rack or any of the outlets would have them for great prices as well. It''s not one of those things that goes out of style easily.

***Oh yeah, I voted for #2 only because it''s very generic and FI would probably not mind carrying it for me! He would mind a flowery metallic one....***

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I think it would be hard to go too far wrong with any of the choices, honestly - they are all nice, and I like that they really look like you put a lot of thought into picking them - I''ve gotten some really cheap, cheesy (think plastic with pre-packaged cheap snacks) welcome bags at weddings and this looks like it will be much nicer than that - I''m sure your guests will appreciate it!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Tote 4 though I also like tote 2 as well :).

The tolietries bag for the single guys is a fantastic idea as well :D

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/11/2009 5:15:26 PM
Author: honey22
Date: 2/11/2009 1:49:43 PM

Author: meresal

Ditto!! Fabulous idea meresal!

Thritto Mer... Would the cost of this idea be prohibitive?

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much for all your feedback, ladies!

Looks like Tote #4 is the favourite.

meresal, that''s a fantastic idea re: toiletry bags for the guys. Love it! Thanks so much.

fieryred33143, I didn''t post a photo but Tote #4 comes in solid colours (blue, khaki, pink, purple) as well. I didn''t mention this in my original post but Tote #2 comes with those beach towels you see in the photo and this is the reason I was leaning against not buying them. The price is good but I''d either have to cart 40 odd beach towels to Mexico or not bring them and have 40 odd beach towels in our tiny apartment.
3.gif

Here''s a photo of a solid coloured Tote #4

BlueBeachBag.JPG

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock

Ebree, thanks for the Land''s End link! I never thought of checking there. Maybe I can do a bit of variety for the guys to pick from...

Pocahontas, if you''ve bought your drawstring bags already, I hope you wouldn''t mind posting where you found them? And while skulls and cross-bones aren''t normally my taste

41.gif
they kinda fit a ''island'' wedding...
9.gif

Definitely,Maybe, I also like Tote #1. I''ll probably end up getting it for myself!

mayachel, thanks for your input! Tote #4 does come in a more ''generic'' colour but I''m still hesitant to give them to the boys. What do you think of this colour?

OffWhitetote.JPG

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 11:44:03 AM
Author: CDNinNYC

mayachel, thanks for your input! Tote #4 does come in a more ''generic'' colour but I''m still hesitant to give them to the boys. What do you think of this colour?

Doh! I meant to upload this photo!

KhakiTote.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results