shape
carat
color
clarity

Weirdest Thing You've Ever SEEN?

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Okay, what's the weirdest thing (or things!) you've ever seen with your own eyes? I'll pop back in periodically to add to the list.

Here's my first one; one day I'm looking out the French doors, at a large carpenter ant who's walking on the window part. He's moseying around. La de da, just moseying. Then there's a bee, kind of hovering around the ant. Just kinda hovering. Then suddenly the bee picks up the ant and flies off with it!

:shock: :shock: :shock:

WTH?! All I could think is that the ant was saying "Wheeeeee! I'm flyyingggg!" WTHeck?! I emailed one of our state universities, the bee department specifically, and the professor said that bees will pick up ants and fly them away from a hive if the ants come to steal their honey. He had no idea what the bees do with the ants. Plus he had no explanation for why the bee was "cleaning up" our door.

So that's my first weird thing what's yours?
:wavey:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, the weirdest thing I've seen recently(yesterday)was this person riding a unicycle through a Target parking lot.

uni.jpg

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's an interesting story, didn't know bees would pickup ants like that, must have been a slow pollination day.

So the weirdest thing I've ever seen was during a July 4th celebration in our town a couple of years ago. They have fireworks over the river and there is a big celebration beforehand with food and music. Anyways, we were standing on the sidewalk and I see this enormous paper mache bust being pushed in a shopping cart by a bunch of people dressed in Renaissance garb. I mean this thing was absolutely huge and there was this sign on the front of the carriage that said "Shakespeare Everywhere". So we had Shakespeare in a shopping cart at our fireworks. Oddest damn thing I've ever seen.

Found a picture of him so you can imagine what a sight it was!

_5996.jpeg

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We saw this a few months ago at an artist's market--
A drag queen wearing a dress made of flip flops!

flip_flop_dress.jpg

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sure I've see weirder things but there was this bird that would flutter in my window every single morning at the exact same time to the minute and bang it's head against the glass. I have absolutely NO idea why. This went on for 2 weeks.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Giant (and very real looking) Penis costume in Georgetown, DC on Halloween. It was HUGE at least 7 feet tall. It was like a 7 foot dildo decided to go for a walk.

Our new kitten running full tilt to try and eat SAUERKRAUT when some fell on the floor. :confused:

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy|1474616383|4079832 said:
Giant (and very real looking) Penis costume in Georgetown, DC on Halloween. It was HUGE at least 7 feet tall. It was like a 7 foot dildo decided to go for a walk.

Our new kitten running full tilt to try and eat SAUERKRAUT when some fell on the floor. :confused:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Okay, you win. Or rather, the 7ft dildo did.

Wait . . . didn't we have an emojie once upon a time . . . "This post is nothing without photos."

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Saw this truck on the freeway the other day!

plumber_truck.jpg

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
jaysonsmom|1474674852|4080136 said:
Saw this truck on the freeway the other day!

That is fantastic :lol:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
HollyS|1474663288|4080081 said:

Wait . . . didn't we have an emojie once upon a time . . . "This post is nothing without photos."

I am sorry to say it was before smart phones. This was around 1998. Memorable though. VERY VERY memorable. Wow I can't believe how long it's been.

It was head and... shoulders?.. above the rest of the crowd so it was visible all night long. You could navigate by it. :lol:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy|1474678226|4080155 said:
HollyS|1474663288|4080081 said:

I am sorry to say it was before smart phones. This was around 1998. Memorable though. VERY VERY memorable. Wow I can't believe how long it's been.

It was head and... shoulders?.. above the rest of the crowd so it was visible all night long. You could navigate by it. :lol:

Lots of guys think with theirs, so maybe it's not surprising one could navigate with it too. :sun:

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
One time I was watching a movie late at night - I'm not entirely sure what it was - and I got done with it, turned it off, thus extinguishing the only light in the room, turned around and looked out the front window... and there is a circle of opossums around the flagpole in the front yard, all facing inward, just standing there. Like some sort of ritual or something. I was super creeped out and went straight to bed where I proceeded to not be able to sleep.

Also once I saw one squirrel steal another squirrel's nut and run off with it, and then original nut's owner and friends conducted a thorough search of the yard - I kid you not it looked like they were going in a grid pattern across the ground up trees, to every branch, back down, two squirrels going up the yard and two across. Super weird.

... I spend a lot of time watching animals out my windows.

lmfao cats are weird. Did he like it?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
distracts|1474681947|4080171 said:
One time I was watching a movie late at night - I'm not entirely sure what it was - and I got done with it, turned it off, thus extinguishing the only light in the room, turned around and looked out the front window... and there is a circle of opossums around the flagpole in the front yard, all facing inward, just standing there. Like some sort of ritual or something. I was super creeped out and went straight to bed where I proceeded to not be able to sleep.

Also once I saw one squirrel steal another squirrel's nut and run off with it, and then original nut's owner and friends conducted a thorough search of the yard - I kid you not it looked like they were going in a grid pattern across the ground up trees, to every branch, back down, two squirrels going up the yard and two across. Super weird.

... I spend a lot of time watching animals out my windows.

lmfao cats are weird. Did he like it?

She tried to steal more, so I assume so. She has a horrible human food addiction thanks to her former foster mom (who she was taken away from as a result).

I love the squirrel story. Opossums, to me, are creepy period.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The thing that sticks with me most is the time I was walking through a marsh. I accidentally fell off a log I was walking on to get over some water but I slipped and ended up stepping right into it. Then I looked up and saw a moose in front of me. I stood perfectly still. I'd never seen a moose up close before. It was the size of an elephant as I recall it now. It sauntered off. I was still afraid to move. I've never seen such a large animal up close in my life. We'd owned horses, but this moose was SO much bigger. It was a surreal experience. :shock:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sporadically, my texts from last night. :lol:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My friend had a bike lock with 4 digits. She forgot the combination. I picked it up spun it to 4 random numbers and it unlocked on the first try. That a one in 10000 chance!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel|1474749617|4080353 said:
My friend had a bike lock with 4 digits. She forgot the combination. I picked it up spun it to 4 random numbers and it unlocked on the first try. That a one in 10000 chance!

Wow! That's crazy!

One time I was goofing around playing that bag toss game in our back yard, and for whatever reason I decided to close my eyes and throw the bag overhanded. I made the shot, no "net." INSANITY ENSUED.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
My daughter saw this with me ages ago. There was a lady we used to call the slow rider. She drove 5 miles an hour. Drove us all crazy. One time we were at a shopping center with meters. She went to park in a space, put money in the meter... Then got back in the car and backed up to another parking space and put money in the meter... Rinse and repeat. I did report it to the police as the slow driving was an accident waiting to happen.

Felt sorry for her. But my daughter and I watching her park, pay and pay, park and pay. I felt like we were on the show punked which was popular at the time.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kaleigh|1474751269|4080360 said:
My daughter saw this with me ages ago. There was a lady we used to call the slow rider. She drove 5 miles an hour. Drove us all crazy. One time we were at a shopping center with meters. She went to park in a space, put money in the meter... Then got back in the car and backed up to another parking space and put money in the meter... Rinse and repeat. I did report it to the police as the slow driving was an accident waiting to happen.

Felt sorry for her. But my daughter and I watching her park, pay and pay, park and pay. I felt like we were on the show punked which was popular at the time.

Too bad you didn't put her on Youtube.
You could have made a fortune when it went viral.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
When my oldest was a baby I was up early right after the sun rose to feed him. I heard a strange noise from the front yard like a psst psst psst noise. Nothing I had ever heard . So I opened the blinds and saw a very large hot air balloon landing in my front yard with 4 people inside the basket! I opened the door as they landed and stepped out onto my front porch holding my baby. Then I ran back into the house to grab my camera (film, it was before digital) because i thought nobody would believe me! They landed, chatted with me and took off. It was so strange and surreal. My son was a newborn and I was on days of almost no sleep, I wasn't sure if I dreamed it util the film was developed. Sure enough, it happened and I have picture proof. I still have no idea why they landed in my front yard.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
asscherisme|1474759277|4080407 said:
When my oldest was a baby I was up early right after the sun rose to feed him. I heard a strange noise from the front yard like a psst psst psst noise. Nothing I had ever heard . So I opened the blinds and saw a very large hot air balloon landing in my front yard with 4 people inside the basket! I opened the door as they landed and stepped out onto my front porch holding my baby. Then I ran back into the house to grab my camera (film, it was before digital) because i thought nobody would believe me! They landed, chatted with me and took off. It was so strange and surreal. My son was a newborn and I was on days of almost no sleep, I wasn't sure if I dreamed it util the film was developed. Sure enough, it happened and I have picture proof. I still have no idea why they landed in my front yard.

hahaha. Good one...no I mean good one!! :lol:

chees--Sharon

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My mom had an air balloon land in her back yard. Seems inconsiderate :lol:

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
DF's picture

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Karl_K|1474779803|4080475 said:
DF's picture
That's why I don't look in the mirror... :tongue:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Need more weird thing sitings! :wavey: :wavey:

Bump :wall:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here was an unusual cloud formation on the mountains in New Mexico.

clouds_hung_up_on_thesandias_resized.jpg

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was walking to work and far off opposite me on the sidewalk, was picture postcard Jesus, carrying a big cross over his shoulder. The long brown hair, white frock, sandals. When I turned off to go to my place of work instead of going inside just watched him walk off. It wasn't near Easter, wasn't with a procession, didn't turn off to go into a Church. Just walking down the sidewalk. It was a bit surreal.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
part gypsy|1481409286|4106187 said:
I was walking to work and far off opposite me on the sidewalk, was picture postcard Jesus, carrying a big cross over his shoulder. The long brown hair, white frock, sandals. When I turned off to go to my place of work instead of going inside just watched him walk off. It wasn't near Easter, wasn't with a procession, didn't turn off to go into a Church. Just walking down the sidewalk. It was a bit surreal.

Did you see this 2000 years ago? :tongue:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In the Vegas old downtown area during the 2015 GTG. The CB and I went to do some sightseeing one afternoon and clearly hit the jackpot! I can believe I've never posted this before -- I think I repressed it until this point! :o :-o

_38674.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay|1481418172|4106216 said:
In the Vegas old downtown area during the 2015 GTG. The CB and I went to do some sightseeing one afternoon and clearly hit the jackpot! I can believe I've never posted this before -- I think I repressed it until this point! :o :-o

because what happens in Vegas often stays...... :bigsmile: :saint: :devil:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results