shape
carat
color
clarity

Weird foods we love!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
I''m feeling a bit shy about my weird habit of popping salted lima beans like chips (as per ''veggies'' thread).

What are your weird food delights?

Another one of mine is HORSERADISH on toast (love the stuff...the hotter, the better.)

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
When I was a kid I liked peanut butter and apple butter sandwiches. My 5 year old likes apples cut into slices like bread, with peanut butter in the middle. I guess my weirdest food is to put butter and jelly on toast, fold it and dunk it in coffee for breakfast. Yummmmmmmmy. But I don''t do it very often. We like peanut butter and jelly a lot, I guess, LOL!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like apples with cream cheese and sunflower seeds! I haven't had one sense high school!

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
Celery and peanut butter. Yummy.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I also love to eat salmon bones out of the canned salmon.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
when i was young i used to love butter sandwiches. literally butter slathered all over bread. that''s it. hehee.

now i don''t think i really have too many ''weird'' snacking loves...hmmm i will have to think on it. still love the idea of butter sandwiches though lol.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Ha, my college roomies used to kick me to the hall
when I ate a whole avocado with salt! loved ''em!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve said this before, but I''m absolutely obsessed with green olives. I go through about a jar a week, and that''s after restraining myself.

I also really love spaghetti for breakfast, sounds strange but it keeps me filled up and ready to go for my afternoon run.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I used to get mustard sandwiches when I was little. My family thought that was pretty gross and still make fun of me. Like Ann, I could eat a whole avocado (plain). I think they are just yummy!

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
I can''t believe I went though with it and pushed the submit button...here goes my reputation!!

Peanut butter and Mayo Sandwich.

Mayo and tomato sandwich.

Bacos sandwich.

Potato chip sandwich...(chip and bread that is all)

I have more...much more...how about?? Jalapeno stuffed with cheese. Lemons like they were apples. Raw rhubarb. Potato gravy. Grapefruit with salt. I ate the avocado(salted) for lunch today. Those coctail pearl onions in a jar. Beans on toast. Olives (green and black) from the jar, pickles too-the whole jar in one sitting (yes I am proud). French fries and icecream. Doritos and mustard. Sweetened condensed milk from the can with a spoon. Oh dear, I haven''t even scratched the surface.
18.gif

I think I should step aside on this topic...I have no equal. However SKIPPYGIRLS salmon bones...are a tough one to beat.

DKS

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love avocado with a bit of lemon and kosher salt/

I love sour cream so will use any excuse to eat it, I even love borscht so I can eat sour cream

I love peanut butter and banana like Elvis but I do not fry it!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/26/2007 10:42:48 PM
Author: door knob solitaire
I can't believe I went though with it and pushed the submit button...here goes my reputation!!

Bacos sandwich.

I have more...much more...how about?? Jalapeno stuffed with cheese. Lemons like they were apples. Raw rhubarb. Potato gravy. Grapefruit with salt. I ate the avocado(salted) for lunch today. Those coctail pearl onions in a jar. Beans on toast. Olives (green and black) from the jar, pickles too-the whole jar in one sitting (yes I am proud). French fries and icecream. Doritos and mustard. Sweetened condensed milk from the can with a spoon. Oh dear, I haven't even scratched the surface.
18.gif

I think I should step aside on this topic...I have no equal. However SKIPPYGIRLS salmon bones...are a tough one to beat.

DKS
LOL! I ate raw ground beef and raw steak too when I was a kid; not sure if I would do that now. Diamond Fan knows about that; she called it steak tartar. heehee

Hey, I think mayo and peanut butter sandwich is up there with salmon bones. heehee
31.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Skippy, I ate it with raw egg and capers too! GROSS. Makes me ill now to think about it!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/26/2007 10:53:51 PM
Author: diamondfan
Skippy, I ate it with raw egg and capers too! GROSS. Makes me ill now to think about it!

LOL! Diamondfan, too funny!!!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
That was about as adventurous as I got, never caviar or sushi or internal organs like liver...

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/26/2007 10:42:48 PM
Author: door knob solitaire
I can't believe I went though with it and pushed the submit button...here goes my reputation!!

Bacos sandwich.

I have more...much more...how about?? Jalapeno stuffed with cheese. Lemons like they were apples. Raw rhubarb. Potato gravy. Grapefruit with salt. I ate the avocado(salted) for lunch today. Those coctail pearl onions in a jar. Beans on toast. Olives (green and black) from the jar, pickles too-the whole jar in one sitting (yes I am proud). French fries and icecream. Doritos and mustard. Sweetened condensed milk from the can with a spoon. Oh dear, I haven't even scratched the surface.
18.gif

DKS

Yeah! French fries with ice cream! But only vanilla though. And I also eat condensed milk from the can, or over bread.
I love liverwurst and cream cheese sandwiches with a little garlic salt.
I dip popcorn in milk.
3.gif

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
how about some haggis, neeps and tatties or black pudding and tattie scones.

that''ll put some hair on your chest!

28.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/27/2007 2:50:56 AM
Author: Po10472
how about some haggis, neeps and tatties or black pudding and tattie scones.

that''ll put some hair on your chest!

28.gif
emotion-41.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/26/2007 10:53:51 PM
Author: diamondfan
32.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh my gosh some of this sounds soooo gross!!!!! french fries and ice cream? nooo!!

i always thought the whole ketchup and eggs thing was weird. hehe. but i know a ton of people who love it!

i like french fries in tartar sauce but i don''t think that is weird lol!

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
you people have stomaches of iron. it makes me ill thinking about this stuff!
1.gif

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
I am definitely feeling less embarassed now about my ''bean habit''! Wow! I never would have thought of some of those combinations.

SDL: I LOVE classic American grilled cheese. But while I love it with a bowl of tomato soup, not so much with tomato ketchup.
18.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anyone know what Marmite is - non Brits that is?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Used to eat those "China Lily" dried egg noodles right out of the can.......................
I love liverwurst
I still eat those small cans of black olives for a snack

cheers--Sharon

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Oh mara! You’re telling me you’ve never had a Frosty with French fries from Wendys!? Oh, its THE best!

Tomato and mayo sandwiches aren’t weird, theyre a southern staple!

I can eat olives and pickles a jar at a time too. I have been known to drink the juice afterwards too!

When I put Worcestershire sauce in stuff, I always grab a spoon and have a couple “shots” before I put the bottle away!
18.gif

Reese’s peanut butter cup sundae with mint chocolate chip ice cream from Friendly’s.
30.gif

I could sit and eat edamame’s all day long like they were chips or candy.

In college, I would eat the ramen noodles uncooked… got my roommate hooked as well!

I could eat sour cream like it was yogurt.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/27/2007 4:10:46 PM
Author: njc

Oh mara! You’re telling me you’ve never had a Frosty with French fries from Wendys!? Oh, its THE best!

Tomato and mayo sandwiches aren’t weird, theyre a southern staple!

I can eat olives and pickles a jar at a time too. I have been known to drink the juice afterwards too!

When I put Worcestershire sauce in stuff, I always grab a spoon and have a couple “shots” before I put the bottle away!
18.gif

Reese’s peanut butter cup sundae with mint chocolate chip ice cream from Friendly’s.
30.gif

I could sit and eat edamame’s all day long like they were chips or candy.

In college, I would eat the ramen noodles uncooked… got my roommate hooked as well!

I could eat sour cream like it was yogurt.
Oh YUCK
6.gif
37.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
njc right there with ya on the french fries dipped in chocolate shake. YUM!!!!!!

Most of you guys eat some pretty gross stuff though. LOL!!
9.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/27/2007 2:48:19 PM
Author: Lorelei
Anyone know what Marmite is - non Brits that is?
YES...and I''m so so sorry that I found out.
14.gif
Some friends and I get together and have tea once a month...so the Brit brought marmite sammies for us to taste. BLECH.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/27/2007 4:10:46 PM
Author: njc

I agree...love the fries dipped in a frosty
18.gif
mara, you''ve got to try it...

lorelei, when my hubby was in england a few weeks ago the guys there made he try black pudding and didn''t tell him what it was. He called me later and asked if I''d heard of it and I said yes, i knew, and asked him why. he told me he actually ate a few bites and then figured something was up, the guys told him and he was pretty grossed out and my hubby will eat just about anything...

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like mustard on my egg salad sandwiches ... makes it a kind of Deviled Egg sammy
Swiss & mustard grilled cheese sandwiches
Olives & cream cheese on bagels (i guess not so weird if they sell Olive Cream Cheese)

We had all kinds of crazy sandwiches as a kid. My mom is KOOKY. Sardines & peanut butter?? Cottage cheese & chopped onion?? Hot dogs split open on white bread with baked beans poured over it. Cucumber/mayo sandwiches. Tomato & Sugar sandwiches. Bread/Butter/Sugar sammys.

These all involve Wonder Bread btw -- no whole grains existed in the South in the 70s.

And my kid fave: "fingers" of poundcake dipped into red Kool-Aid.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results