shape
carat
color
clarity

Weird but true facts about yourself

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm a pop-a-holic... always have been.

I love to pop anything on the skin. I also love to watch videos of others doing it. Gross, I know. I am currently obsessed with an aesthetician named Enilsa Brown. She has videos on YT and IG.

Ummm... that is all. :shifty:

Image result for homer in the bushes gif
I had a friend like that @msop04! I worked with her when I was in my twenties..At that age I would get one on my face at least once a month...She would stare at me and offer to pop it when it was ready! Yuck! I would protect a pimple with a bandaid so she wouldn’t drool over me waiting to get it! LOL I never let her do it..:lol:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I also love doing laundry....I’m not crazy about folding it up..
I LOVE cleaning my jewelry..and am a little obsessive about it. My mom’s rings creep me out because she never cleans them..or let’s me clean them. I imagine all the junk around them which grosses me out. If she does let me clean them...I scrub them and put them through a million ultrasonic cleanings dumping out the water each time before I put it in again. Then I scrub and disinfect the ultrasonic because I won’t put my rings in there afterwards...I’m not this bad about the house...far from it..but my jewelry..yup..I’m obsessive..
I have nice penmanship using an Etch-A-Sketch using the two dials..hahaha

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
The water heater is way out in the detached garage.
Getting hot water to the house takes minutes and would waste 2.5 gallons.
So, I save that water in a bucket for flushing the toilet.

I can't stand when the house needs vacuuming, but don't mind that both grand pianos are perpetually covered with crap.

wow
2 grand pianos
(smilie not working today, dang !)

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
@PreRaphaelite im so sorry for your love kitty, i also have little balls of fur hidden around the piece from Tinky

what a fascinating thread
@kenny on my Soringsteen forum the other day it was mentioned Bruce and Patti's hands werw looking old and i just couldn't work out why they don't use hand lotion ...but now i know !
i hate fitted sheets because despite what Marta Stewart says they are impossible to fold

so many laundry lovers here
i will often watch things that are already clean
i quite enjoy hanging it out but im not good at folding or putting away

i obsess about things, in that im all in or i can't be bothered
Apart from Mr Springsteen i love alligators and crocodiles...the same way i did when i was 6
@Sunstorm i would never touch someone's jewlery - admire it and fawn over it dedinatly yes - but not touch

i dont like to touch door handles or taps
but the thing i hate the most in the world is ..... the carrot !
ill eat most things to be polite but if viniger or dressing is involved or the carrot i won't be able to eat it even if im trying my best to be polite- weedkiller is more appetizing

what a fasinating thread @missy

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with this. It always feels like I am putting people (ie family) out when they invite us over as I cannot eat lots of food that most people eat. I guess that makes me weird too. But it is very hard for me feeling like this and it makes me reluctant to visit others for meals. I don't like the feeling I am an inconvenience and of course family isn't shy about saying so.:knockout: My friends never make me feel like that. Yet if I turn down an invite from family because I don't want to put them out they get all pissy. There is no winning.

When I get an invitation do dine in someone's home...

I immediately graciously decline citing my dietary restrictions, some of which are preference, and some are medical (low sodium, no sugar, white flour, white rice, potatoes. etc.)

I just level with them, but kindly.
I tell them I first don't want to put them through extra trouble in the kitchen, and second since childhood my food preferences has been a source of great anxiety that I've finally decided to save myself from.
Then I offer to return the kindness by taking them out to a restaurant another time.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I identify in some way with what each person has written here. So I don't thnk any of us is in any way weird. I mean, I took Kenny's suggestion to cover my windows in solar blankets in the summer, and did that for years! Then finally we bought actual film and applied it instead. We no longer look like a crack house, and it works a bit better.

The only thing that has always stuck out for me is my chronic insomnia. I remember it from before kindergarten, and it never ever went away. I have tried sleeping pills in the past, but those were problematic. I'm not just up late. I've always been the one with the only lights on in my neighbourhood. I did laundry after 2am in my last house, where it didn't bother anyone. It was so productive. But I spend at least 2 days every month awake around the clock. My fitbit reports an error each time. I've talked to docs, I've tried meds. Some nights they absolutely don't work. It kind of sucks now. I am no longer productive in the wee hours.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I love liverwurst and really don't eat chocolate.

cheers--Sharon

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
... I took Kenny's suggestion to cover my windows in solar blankets in the summer, and did that for years!
Then finally we bought actual film and applied it instead.
We no longer look like a crack house, and it works a bit better.

So you had to get a real job, and now you have to buy your crack? :cry2:
I'm so sorry. ;)2

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You'd starve in the South. LOL ;-) :lol:

Actually, I do okay down here ... if we dine with friends, it’s usually in a restaurant so no one has to cook & clean-up. ;-)

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I hate pizza (something most people love) and I LOVE fruitcake (which most people hate.

Attachments

• 33F6A0DA-22D1-45A9-B8C1-5C4A6BCB8C1A.jpeg
    33F6A0DA-22D1-45A9-B8C1-5C4A6BCB8C1A.jpeg
    108.3 KB · Views: 44

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
im not a big fruit cake fan but i make it because it is delicouse before it goes in the oven !
all those spices and booze plus only the dried fruit i actually like

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I identify in some way with what each person has written here. So I don't thnk any of us is in any way weird. I mean, I took Kenny's suggestion to cover my windows in solar blankets in the summer, and did that for years! Then finally we bought actual film and applied it instead. We no longer look like a crack house, and it works a bit better.

The only thing that has always stuck out for me is my chronic insomnia. I remember it from before kindergarten, and it never ever went away. I have tried sleeping pills in the past, but those were problematic. I'm not just up late. I've always been the one with the only lights on in my neighbourhood. I did laundry after 2am in my last house, where it didn't bother anyone. It was so productive. But I spend at least 2 days every month awake around the clock. My fitbit reports an error each time. I've talked to docs, I've tried meds. Some nights they absolutely don't work. It kind of sucks now. I am no longer productive in the wee hours.

I also read that some people have regular sleep-wake cycles that are 36 hours. Maybe you are one of them.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like to sing pop songs to my dogs but replace words in the songs with their names so they feel special.

OMG I do this too but replace it with our cats names or my dh's name. :lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I get an invitation do dine in someone's home...

I immediately graciously decline citing my dietary restrictions, some of which are preference, and some are medical (low sodium, no sugar, white flour, white rice, potatoes. etc.)

I just level with them, but kindly.
I tell them I first don't want to put them through extra trouble in the kitchen, and second since childhood my food preferences has been a source of great anxiety that I've finally decided to save myself from.
Then I offer to return the kindness by taking them out to a restaurant another time.

Thanks Kenny. A very reasonable way to handle the situation.

With my parents however this would not work. My mom likes to be in control and eating out is not an option during the holidays ie Thanksgiving, Christmas etc. And not that it matters but like you many of my "preferences" are medical necessities but little difference that seems to make to my mother. When we do go to her house she does cook something special for me but it is generally after making me feel like it's a huge inconvenience but if we don't go it ends up being much worse.

We cannot change the way others behave so what I have done is change my attitude about it all. Now if she complains I just tune her out and do not (usually) respond. I love my parents and I know they love me but my mom can be difficult and I have accepted that. But there are times it does get to me. Most of the time however I handle it with grace. Time does help add perspective and I know she is doing the best she can.

For Christmas Eve we (my dh and I and my parents and my sister and her dh and the kids and my aunt and uncle's closest friends) are going to my aunt and uncle's house (my mom's brother and sister in law) and they are doing take out thank goodness so my aunt asked what I can eat and I told her. No guilt and no worries. Whew.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

really don't eat chocolate.

cheers--Sharon

I think Sharon just won the “who’s weirdest” competition.

Wait, it wasn’t a competition? :oops2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I think Sharon would win the most elegant competition. :kiss:
Weirdest, nah, I can think of many weirder things/people than liking liverwurst.:P2

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Weirdest, nah, I can think of many weirder things/people than liking liverwurst.:P2

Oh, it wasn’t the liking of liverwurst. My other half also falls into that category. It was the eschewing of chocolate. Fortunately @canuk-gal does still have a spot on that most elegant podium... we’ll just keep this chocolate thing our little public secret.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, it wasn’t the liking of liverwurst. My other half also falls into that category. It was the eschewing of chocolate. Fortunately @canuk-gal does still have a spot on that most elegant podium... we’ll just keep this chocolate thing our little public secret.

Haha agreed.
Personally-

likechocolate.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Regarding chocolate......My family reiterates this ALL THE TIME...... :devil: You're weird Sharon.:bigsmile:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

LOLOL this is a great thread!:wavey:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I knew I liked your DH for a reason.:razz: And FWIW, my DH could not be happier. He gets ALL the chocolate to himself.

"Oh Santa baby give me a chocolate tree...no wayeeee...dundundunlala...ohoh...just some Tiffany" ….

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can't touch styrofoam, can't stand the feel or the sound of it.

I can’t touch cotton balls. Eek. The squeak it makes when squeezed gives me chills.

These are my people! :lol:
My DH has to pull the cotton out of the Tylenol bottles and remove all the styrofoam from packages...all with me holding my hands over my ears like a 3 year old.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are my people! :lol:
My DH has to pull the cotton out of the Tylenol bottles and remove all the styrofoam from packages...all with me holding my hands over my ears like a 3 year old.

OMG. Me too. My DH has to remove the cotton in pill bottles and forget about removing nail polish with a cotton ball! Nope :hand:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a weird thing about saliva. I will have an absolute meltdown if someone licks me (which my mom has been known to do...because she’s gross). I don’t even let my dogs lick me. Even indirectly, it freaks me out. Like when a parents licks their hand and uses it to clean their kid’s face. :shock: In hindsight, it’s probably a good thing I don’t have kids.

If I’m in a pool but not swimming, I hate for my hands to be wet. I’ll hold them out of the water. Actually, I do that in the bathtub too. After 16 years together, my DH just figured that one out.

I love to sing. I sing all the time. In the car, in the shower, with or without the radio...but never with an audience.

My dreams are incredibly vivid...and totally bonkers. I used to keep a dream journal so I could look things up. One annoying note, I’ve never been able to fly in my dreams. Not once!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I knew I liked your DH for a reason.:razz: And FWIW, my DH could not be happier. He gets ALL the chocolate to himself.

"Oh Santa baby give me a chocolate tree...no wayeeee...dundundunlala...ohoh...just some Tiffany" ….

I sure hope you get something from Tiffany @canuk-gal! You are so funny!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results