shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 5th May till 11th May

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy new week all!
35.gif

I believe I forgot to welcome Sarah last week, so welcome Sarah!!
35.gif
Bee, about your question what does Marmite taste like...I think it is one of those things that can''t really be described in words so much, but I will try! It is salty and very savoury, but doesn''t really taste like anything else I can think of. My Husband hates and despises it and gets ANGRY if I wave the pot near him, his hatred for Marmite knows no bounds...Hehehe
11.gif

Pants weather continues here on and off, oh well, thats the UK for you! Everyone is doing really well by the sound of it, so keep up the good work!!

I am at the stage where I feel ok and reasonably trim at the moment, it is amazing to me anyway, how your perception of yourself can change so easily. I still have my heavy and thin days, I guess the penny is finally dropping that this is how it will always be, it makes no difference what size I am, some days I will always feel I look better than others, and I can use the heavier days as an opportunity for a little balance by eating more carefully etc, until I feel better again. I think this can also depend on how my back is feeling, with the spinal curve, some days I am bent over more than others, so I feel worse and heavier. Days where I stand a little straighter, I feel better if I am not in so much pain, so remember posture can make a lot of difference! Not that I suggest us all walking around with a book on our heads as in the old days, but try to remember to check your posture at times, you will also be doing your backs a favour in doing this.

Have a great week
9.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, today I need to get may allergy shots. I also have some errands to run and I need to cut out my material for the pants I am sewing. I know this evening I will be doing 40 mins of cardio and tomrrow is muscle hour. I made cupcakes for my sewing class tonight; the perfect amount for the people in my class; hubby and I shared one last night which was great because I didn't crave another one, yay. Have a great day all!!!
35.gif

Lorelei, good posture is a great reminder, thanks. I think Rod will tell us a strong core helps with that.
2.gif
hehe I am sure you look great w/all the weights you have been doing. Marmite to me taste a bit bitter; I think that is what got me.
7.gif
My hubby loves it though.

Rod, glad your day was better yesterday!!

Marcy, hope you slept well!

Monnie sending you PS dust tomorrow. I knew you would wow them
9.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happy new week to everyone. The weather is still amazing here-it feels so good to have some sun and I can actually study in the back garden today which is nice.

Lorelei-I''ll have to try marmite to see what it tastes like. That''s so funny about your hubbies aversion to it! I completely understand what you''re saying about the thin/heavy days. I get like that too.

Marcy-I have an exam on Wednesday, two on Thursday and one on Friday of this week. And then another 6 the week after and then it''s holidays
10.gif
I have so much sympathy for your husband having to suffer like that. That''s just awful
3.gif
Yeah it was horrible when our house got broken into. My granny lived with us and she had just died recently and none of us had gone into her room to sort out her things yet, and when he broke in he trashed the room. It was very upsetting for us all especially my mother.

Hi Monnie-best of luck with the interviews.

Skippy-aww that''s a pity that she wouldn''t give you her retriever. You''ll have to get a retriever puppy of your own. You''re so nice making cupcakes for your sowing class.

Rod-that''s great to hear that you had a better day yesterday than the one before. I forgot to ask D to send me on those photos. I''ll say it to him when he gets back from fishing.

Talk to you all later-I''d better get back to the books. I''m so easily distracted
19.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning All!

I''m back, and sleepy! My visit was great fun; we went to the park, Santa Cruz, on a train ride and a picnic, out to dinner and on lots of walks. I got home at 9 last night and am trying to gear myself up for a day at work.

I gained a few pounds over the weekend, it was the corndog, I''m sure.
9.gif

Have a great day everyone. And keep up the great work.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Happy Cinco de Mayo, WWTers! Sorry I was absent from last week's thread--I started a new job, the freelance work I'm doing ramped up, and we're packing because we'll be housesitting for the next two months and need to throw all our stuff into storage in preparation for our big move up to Oregon in July. Basically, I've just been swamped. I hope everyone had a good week in any case.

Lorelei, good point about posture! Sometimes when I feel tired it's so tempting not to stand up straight, but I always remember my godmother saying "My dear, it is so unattractive for tall girls to slouch!" Works like a charm.

Hi Skippy! Sounds like the sewing is going really well--have fun at your class tonight! Did you post pictures of your cupcakes in the cupcake thread?

Bee, yay for nice weather! It's been nice here, but it was too hot for a while.
14.gif
Luckily, it's finally cooled down enough to get stuff done.
36.gif

Welcome back, Kimberly! I'm sure you'll lose those extra pounds in no time.

I'll try to be better about posting this week...hopefully things will settle down a bit!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I did more yard work last night and then started working in the garage. We picked up a big plastic desk and chair (with lights and places for crayons and stuff) last year during cleanup days. (Some people think I''m weird for picking stuff up, but I''ve found antiques, collectibles, and it''s a great way to reduce, reuse, and recycle!) Anyway, a Mr Clean Magic Eraser got it looking like new. DH rewired the lights on it and brought it in the house. JT woke up to it this morning. We put it beside the computer desk so he thinks it''s pretty cool.

No yoga today. I''m just too sore from all the bending and lifting outside. I''ll probably be doing more of that today, though.

Lorelei~ Posture is a great way to look slimmer, taller and more confident all in one. I learned at a very young age to stand up straight and sit up straight (thanks, ma) and I believe that is one of the reasons that I have a strong core. You''re working those muscles all day. And, actually, with a large chest, having good posture eases the stress on the shoulders and upper back. So, good reminder!

Rod~ watering once a week? All my stuff would be dead. Shriveled up to an unrecognizable heap. We usually get a bit more rain than our neighboring towns because of the river. Unfortunately, after a long dry spell, and our river-rain, the entire town smells like fish. Good fertilizer, though..

Skippy~ Hope you feel better after your allergy shots. Sewing pants sounds really difficult. I can imagine what I''d be wearing...shudder...oh lord....

Good luck, Monnie!

hi, Kimi, Bee, and LP!

Namaste!

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Lorelei, Skippy, bee, Kimmy, LP, SS and all my favorite WWTers!

I miss my PS friends when I''m studying.
7.gif

My only excercise the past week or two has been in the form of walking. I''m so stressed out about my exam that I think I''ve totally lost my appetite. It''s almost over so hopefully things will go back to normal soon. FI has been doing all the cooking, and he''s doing such a great job of it!

Just curious, how many of you use non-stick/Teflon pots and pans? FI and I have been agonizing whether we want to put any non-stick pans on our registry. Some say it can be toxic but others say it''s great for lowfat cooking.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Hi, friends. Just taking a break from painting cabinets. I got everything to make our cinco de mayo meal from cooking light tonight, but got distracted in Publix and forgot the avacados...can''t really have guacamole without avacados, so I will have to run back in a little while. Anyway, we had a really good date night last night. We ended up going to see Ironman and I loved it! I really am not into superhero type movies, but I thought this one was great. Everyone have a great night tonight!

Rod, thanks for the resturant suggestion. I checked out the menu for Capital Grille and it looked really good. I will let Adam choose between the two. Hope you and Charlie are having a great day!

Lorelei, sorry you''re having pants weather...hope it gets better soon!

Skippy, hope you feel better after your allergy shots.

Bee, yay for good weather. Have fun studying
3.gif

Kimmi, sounds like you had a great time. No worries about the few lbs.

LP, congrats on the new job!

SS, don''t you just love magic erasers...I don''t know how I ever survived without them!

CJ, I have both. I love cooking things like eggs in the nonstick pans. I think they are only toxic if you use them after they are really worn out.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Hi All,

I''m not at all concerned about the 2 pounds I gained. I know it will come off as soon as I get back to normal eating.

Crown, we miss you too! We use Calphalon pans, and I love them. We didn''t register for wedding gifts but an aunt and uncle gave them to us and I can''t imagine not having them now.

Somethingshiny, can you come to my house? I could use some help sorting, organizing, and getting rid of stuff!

Steph, I''m glad you enjoyed your date night. Sounds like it was fun.

For thosee of you who were interested, I posted the pork/green chile stew recipe in the healthier recipes thread. It''s from a book of chile recipes John bought the last time we were in AZ, and it was really delicious. We used a lot less oil than the recipe calls for, in place of butter, and it was great.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Nothing much to report for today. Just keeping on with the garden work. And, planning a Mother''s Day brunch for my mom''s house on Saturday. Should be yummy!

CJ~ I LOVE my non-stick pans. I have a Cooks Essentials set (QVC) that I''ve had for 3 years. I can use wire whisks and metal spatulas and they have never had a scratch. Clean-up is super easy. BUT, for fried chicken, you can only go with good-old fashioned cast iron. Good Luck on your upcoming exam!

Steph~ I''ve been wanting to see Iron Man too. It''s not my "type" of movie, but it looks good. I don''t know how I survived before the erasers either! They are my hands-down favorite cleaning tool.

Kimi~ I forgot to mention, I cleaned out the closets too. I emptied a filing cabinet from the den (a plastic one) and transferred it upstairs to use for my swimwear and unmentionables in my closet. My little guy keeps going through dresser drawers and as funny as it is to see him running around with a feather boa, I just think that could land him in therapy one day! I get in these moods where I have to clean out and organize EVERYTHING!

Have a great tomorrow!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Evening Everyone!

Nothing much to report for Monday. It was not a fitness day, so it was a bit more relaxed for sure. We enjoyed breakfast on the terrace, did some badly needed filing (I don't have the patience to sort things and then file them......), had a nice lunch at home, followed of course by coffee under the oak. Then we just spent the rest of the afternoon perusing the job boards and finally, we wound up trying a new Sushi (at least new to us) restaurant in Ybor City. Ybor City, was the cigar making capital of the US around the turn of the century and well into the mid 50s. Over the last couple decades, it's migrated into Tampa's night life, party scene spot, so we don't head there often, though it is really close to our home and downtown. But, we had heard great things about this Sushi place there and since favorite Sushi place #2 won't be open in its' new location for a few more weeks, we decided to try it. It was very good. Not as good as our regular place, but still very good and one we'd definitely return to. Then we stopped off for some FroYo (we're just addicted to the stuff) and a cup of decaf under the oak at sunset. All in all, it was a pleasant day! Tomorrow, will be a regular day, including a good workout at the gym in the afternoon.

I loved your opening Miss Lorelei. I know exacty how you feel. There are times I see my reflection in the mirror and I think......"hmmmmm, not bad.....not bad at all!" And there are times I see myself in the mirror and my mind still sees an overweight out of shape guy. And to be honest, I'm glad my mind does that too, as it helps to keep me in check and remain committed to working out and eating healthier. And as Skippy commented, you know how important I think it is to strengthen the core, which translates to better posture for sure! Thanks as always for giving us something to think about!

I hope you got your allergy shots Skippy and that your 40 minutes of cardio goes real well for you tonight. Good for you just sharing a cupcake with hubby as opposed to having one by yourself (though one cupcake wouldn't have been so bad......LOL) At our gym the other day, they were promoting a Bootcamp program with military style clothes on all the trainers (the class is at 7 AM so Rod will not be signing up for that!). But what was funny was next to the signup sheet, they had cupcakes decorated with frosting to look like the material on Army fatigues. I resisted as I was already in my workout when I saw them, but I thought it was funny that cupcakes with frosting didn't quite capture the essence of a Bootcamp type workout program!

I hope the studying is going well for you bee* and I'm glad the weather is still so nice too! I'm betting that you'll not like marmite in any way. Healthy or not, it's definitely an acquired taste, to say the least!! No offense to any of our friends who grew up with the stuff.........LOL

Yep, I'm sure it was the corndog Kimberly!!! I'm sure the couple pounds will disappear quickly. I'm glad you had such a nice weekend with your family.

Sounds like you have a lot going on LP. I hope the new job is going well.

I'm glad JT loves the desk and chair SS! Sounds like you had a good workout around the yard and garage!

CJ, we use non-stick Calphalon pans and have been very happy with them. I'm not sure I'd use cheaper stuff, but Calphalon has a really good warranty and is well respected as a pretty safe non-stick option.

Hey Steph, when you asked about Charley's in Orlando, the reason the name rang a bell is we have a Charley's in Tampa. And I looked them up and it's the same chain. We've been to Charley's multiple times and think it is quite good. I think I'd rather go to Charley's than the Capital Grill. The Capital Grill is guite good too, but I think I like Charley's better. At least you have two great options for Adam's birthday dinner! I'm glad you enjoyed Ironman. I thought it was really terrific for a super hero movie. And so did Charlie, which is surprising because he usually doesn't enjoy blockbuster, super hero flicks.

I guess that's a wrap for me for the night. Sleep well and see you tomorrow!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone! I started the day a pound lighter so I’ve lost 154 pounds now. Yippee.
Monnie, your eggplant dish sounds great. I have never eaten at a Friday’s. Glad you had a nice dinner that night.
Lorelei, our weather was great today so I took a nice long walk outside at work today when I went to another building to turn in some paperwork. I took the LONG way back to my office. I find even how I look in an outfit can lead me to think I look fat or trim. I can certainly work on my posture.
Skippy, have fun at sewing class tonight. Are you putting in a zipper in your pants? I did sleep well, thanks.
Bee, 2 weeks of tests? Holy study a lot! How awful they would trash your grandma’s room at such a difficult time. Like your family needed that on top of dealing with her loss. I am so sorry to hear that happened and about your grandmother.
Kimi, that is great you had a wonderful time this weekend. I am sure you had fun with your nephew. Rats for finding the one corndog out there that would result in gaining a few pounds. It''ll be gone in a flash.
Ladypirate, packing will be a chore for you; but it will get you in practice for the big move to Oregon.
Somethingshiny, yay for getting so much work done in the yard and garage. It’s always a good feeling to be productive. I thought of having our families over for mother’s day but I haven’t decided yet. Sometimes it’s easier just to take everyone out to eat.
CJ, we had non-stick but replaced them all with stainless steel. Cooking spray works fine in it without adding calories. We do have a non-stick griddle and skillet though.
Steph, glad you had a great date night and liked the movie. I think I’ll see if Marty wants to go see it this week.
Rod, I do the same thing with myself in a mirror. It’s funny I see a fat person in the mirror then look down at myself and think oh my gosh – I can’t believe I’m this small. That’s great you had a nice, relaxing day.
Take care and have a great evening.
Marcy

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
The funny thing tonight is that I sewed 2 left legs for my pants in class and no right leg so I had to get my seam ripper and make a right leg (thank goodness for that little lifesaver).
1.gif
hehe Everyone loved the cupcakes too; I bet they can be modified to be lowfat.

I didn't exercise because everything that can go wrong went wrong (Murphy's Law). I had to water my sisters lawn and I didn't know how to work the sprinklers so I got soaked, changed clothes; then while eating I spilled on my shirt had to change and numerous other problems that I won't go on ad nauseum about. hehe

CrownJewel, glad you are back; you are so happy go lucky that we miss you when you are gone. Best wishes on your finals.

Bee, best wishes on your tests. Enjoy WW tomorrow!!! Give Amber a kiss for Trevor. hehe

SS, yay for yardwork and having pep! Glad Mr.clean did the trick; I love those magic erase! How is yoga? I was wishing tomorrow was yoga.

Steph, glad the movie rocked!!! I love action films!!

Marcy, the good thing is in this class I am not the slowest; I am getting better even though I made too left legs. hehe I think you would be proud. Any projects this summer; I think you said a skirt. ETA: YAYYYYY for your 1 lb loss
36.gif
36.gif
etaa: no zipper; I did one before in the previous class though.

Kimi, glad you are back, we missed you!! I will go check out your recipe
1.gif

Rod,
9.gif
hehe about the cupcakes next to the workout sign up schedule, whooo hooo for a 7 am class!!! Glad sushi was yummers!

LP, I did post my cupcakes in the cupcake thread. Glad you have work and sending you smooth moving vibes.

Night night, sweet dreams all
12.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod,
9.gif
hehe about the cupcakes next to the workout sign up schedule, whooo hooo for a 7 am class!!! Glad sushi was yummers!
LOL........Sorry, no Woo Hoo's for Rod!!
31.gif
He WILL NOT be at a 7 AM class, no matter how good for his health it might be
23.gif
.........LOL

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/5/2008 11:27:50 PM
Author: Rod

Rod,
9.gif
LOL........Sorry, no Woo Hoo''s for Rod!!
31.gif
23.gif
.........LOL
Oy! I missed the NOT. hehe

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/5/2008 11:29:56 PM
Author: Skippy123

Date: 5/5/2008 11:27:50 PM

Rod,
9.gif
LOL........Sorry, no Woo Hoo''s for Rod!!
31.gif
23.gif
.........LOL
Oy! I missed the NOT. hehe
7 AM is an OY, for sure!! LOL You''re such a sweety!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/5/2008 11:32:55 PM

7 AM is an OY, for sure!! LOL You''re such a sweety!!
thank you; I feel the same about you (your the super sweetie). hehe

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Skippy, rats for having one of those days. Trust me girl, I’ve ripped out a lot of sewing projects. It’s just part of sewing. My mom and sisters who can sew anything still have to rip now and then. Woo hoo for doing a zipper. Have you done button holes yet? You are a regular “sewing machine”. Oooh, that was bad. I am glad your cupcakes were a hit. Thanks for the yippee!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone. I went to my WW meeting early this morning and I''ve stayed the same this week which I''m happy with. I haven''t had much time to do exercise with all the study so I know that I have to watch what I''m eating a bit more for the next week.

Kimberley-glad that you enjoyed your trip. You''ll lose the few pounds in no time.

Ladypirate-it hardly ever gets too hot over here. We''re all delighted once the sun peaks out. You sound like you have a huge amount on your plate at the moment with work and moving!!

hi something!

Crown-I lost my appetite with worry for the beginning of last week but unfortunately it came back threefold towards the end of the week. Mine start tomorrow and I can''t stop eating!! best of luck in your exams.

Steph-good to hear that you enjoyed your date!!

Rod-I''m definitely trying out a FroYo place next time I go to the US. I''m intrigued by it. Enjoy your trip to the gym today. I''m betting I won''t like marmite either. I saw an ad for it on the tv this morning and it looks awful (sorry Lorelei
9.gif
)

Marcy-woohoo for another pound gone! I''m thrilled for you!! It was awful when they broke in and they definitely didn''t pick at good time. Thanks for the support!

Skippy-lol about the pants legs!! I gave Amber that kiss from Trevor-she''s sending some back over.

Well talk to everyone later. I''m off to my new home-the library!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi all!

I am doing well for cardio this week, on a bit of a roll, so I need to keep up the good work anyway.

Good to see you CJ!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lorelei, yay for your workout and your hard work to start us off on the right foot each week. I need to let you know I appreciate your hard work on starting this thread each and every week without fail (you seriously rock)!!! You are such an inspiration to us all!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you dear Skippers! I appreciate your kind words!!!

If I can have your attention all please!
16.gif

There is a new workout thread in Brides Worldwide, where many have joined. As this is the case, I am wondering whether it is worth us carrying on with the original WWT, as if it is on it's last legs so to speak, I don't know if maybe now is the time to end it, if it is serving no helpful or supportive purpose, particularly as some have posted on the new thread, that they didn't feel they fitted in over here. I find that to be of concern, especially as we have tried to hard to make a welcoming place for anyone who wanted to join us.

Here is the new thread. https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/sarah-and-other-brides-who-want-to-loose-weight.84351/page-7

You are all more than welcome to go over there if you feel it is more useful to you. But if you regulars can let me know if you want to continue with this thread, I would appreciate it, so we can make a decision between us whether to carry on, or to give this WT a dignified end.
1.gif

Let me know, as if you would prefer to post over in the new WT, then we will make this week the last one.
10.gif

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
Lorelei - I''m not a regular, but I love reading the WWT! I''ve contributed very few times, but I find that the stories and posts here inspire me. I very much hope you will continue to keep this thread alive! It''s a wonderful community! PS is definitely big enough for two WWTs - look at it this way - with TWO threads, us PSers will have NO excuse to get off our rears!
19.gif

Really, I hope that you will keep this thread going! It''s wonderful!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just a quick fly by post as I have to get back to library but I love this WWT

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love our WWT too!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, I''m lazy and don''t post much.
9.gif
But I would miss being able to pop in with a quip here and there.
7.gif

Of course that''s absolutely no reason to keep the thread going, but you DID ask for our thoughts.
41.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much Cleo, Skippers, Bee and El!! I guess we shall see what happens.
1.gif
I did ask for your thoughts and opinions, and I guess it is a good thing now and then to see if there is a place for this thread and that people still value it, I was wondering that recently anyway as the thread was less active.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
23.gif
The WWT MUST stick around!

I think that the 2 threads are completely different and have different targets audiences, although some might overlap. This thread, I find, is dedicated to those pursuing a healthy lifestyle or change that incorporates elements of diet and exercise etc. The other thread, I find, is more for those brides looking to lose some weight before their big day or trying to delve down into "why" they are not at a good weight for them in the first place.

I really like WWT and count on you guys for support. While, as a bride, I feel as though I can contribute to and take part in both threads ... my heart is with WWT b/c that''s where I started and I think that you all are so inspirational, motivational and right on target with the actions you have taken in your lives to make them more positive for you.

Thank you for facilitating this thread, Lorelei and for giving us such a great opener every week. I know it can''t be easy ... you''re hard work and dedication is appreciated!
36.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Being as I'm not a bride, nor will I EVER be, I don't want to lose the WWT, thank you very much. I'm the lone guy on these here parts, but I love our healthy thread and wouldn't really I fit in with brides-to-be. Just my .02 worth! And to you Miss Lorelei, with all sincerity, I hope you continue to open the thread each week with your wonderful, timely and always helpful weekly opener. "Nough said"

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I NEED the WWT to continue. As I''ve stated before, this thread is THE reason why I''m able to stay on track.

I would not feel comfortable posting in the BWW WWT simply because I feel the majority have different goals and are in different stages of their lives than I am. I would feel like I didn''t belong over there. (No offense intended to any of its posters. Today is actually the first day I looked at that thread. And I don''t mean to imply that anyone is anything less than helpful and friendly.)

Lorelei, you do a great job here THANK YOU!

I enjoy everyone who posts on the WWT and I think it should continue!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results